It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 End of World?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
one line response is dangerous round here entropy!! Anyway I think people will beleive what they want to beleive and no matter what the amount of fact be it scientific or spiritual you wont change their minds. Let them worry if they want. Still I have heard of people apparently killing themselves in order not to witness the end of the world. I think this is when the doom mongers take it too far. Most of them are only out to make money on their next book. They are effecting real lives here not just causing a touch of bother. They are making people seek councilling and causing depression. To top it off most of them are not real experts in the field either. It's simply disgusting.

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
One of the funniest things about these "end of the world " theories is that so many people build basements and pack them with can food, so that they'll be prepared for the End of the world...well if the world is ending what do you need the can food for ?

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
....Not Ending...the "world" is going to end the "world"wont end. how it can only end if it explodes or w.e lol.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The kind of things people seem to think the mayans were getting at are complete wipe you out things. You couldnt hide anywhere at all. So there would be no point in stockpiling food. Still the whole theorie on Maya is just that its somebodys enterpritation of what will happen. Thats what you have to remember. Also people dont write the boooks on it for a laugh. They do it to make money. They wont write a book saying "Maya culture is facinating they had huge calenders which spanned thousands of years, and when the current calender ends in 2012 it will start over again with another huge one" cos it wouldnt sell like hot cakes. Anyway look at this link if you like its another dont crap yourself about it link. www.skepdic.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It was believed that it's simply a change in the gravitational poles. As we see happening right now. It's a process and not something that happens over night. The large cycle is one of many. What they think might happen is by the poles changing it make the world uneasy erupting volacanoes, major earthquakes, tidal waves and tsunamis. Natural disasters because of the change. The entire world will not be obiviated it's simply a self cleansing. Sort of. And it is also believed that because of this change kids born after this date will have a shift in their dna. Which gives them different abilities. Telepathic. ?? It's an evolution of man. A small cycle in the universe. In theory of course.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
maybe the mayans were just too lazy to make an infinately long calander. or maybe the world will really end.

wouldnt surprise me to see it being so soon, since all the other religeous,supersticious,philosophical etc signs etc all point to it being around now.

WHY LORD? I ONLY JUST TURNED 18!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by El_Go0rf
WHY LORD? I ONLY JUST TURNED 18!!!!

Lots of things you can do before 2012. Just remember, it is safer to party hard now just in case it does end in 2012...or at least, that is what I tell myself.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I know only a couple of things about the Mayans but both should give us pause to think. I can't prove it but I read that the Mayans had the Zero for mathimatical calculations about 1000 years before the Greeks gave it to the Egyptians. The Mayans were astronomers and had very advanced science. They couched their advice about planting seasons as opposed to harvest seasons by saying the information derived from the Rain God, maybe that was Chak, I can't remember.
The downfall of this amazingly advanced society was apparently brought about by religious ferver after a probably well meaning but short sighted Scientist (priest) allowed that there really was no actual Rain Goid and the advice regarding planting and harvesting that caused the Mayan wealth came directly from the calculations of it's astronomer. I read that upon the dissemination of this insight the population rose up in appropriate religious ferver and profound ignoprance and slew the priests wholwsale. It was not many seasons after this purging of the intelligentsia of their society that they were starving from poor crops, planted, as it were, at the wrong time and producing little or nothing.
I learned some of this while on a duck hunting trip to the Yucatan when I visited the ruins at Ushmal and was fortunate to have a graduate student in anthropology from the U of Mexico as my guide.
If true, religion's reputation of hatred for knowledge is preserved even in the "New World" which allows us to compete on an equal basis with Europe.
The guide also explained why the front half of a gaint phallus was missing from the site and was safely tucked away in the vaults in Mexico City so as not to offend North American tourists and cause fainting and palpataions by exposing them to the possibility that not all societies are and were as obsessed with sex and its evils as us yankees.
skep

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Honestly who hear thinks the world will really end. Properly in 2012? By the way people have been saying that we are living in the end times since the book of revelations came out. Bible says nobody knows when it will happen so quit trying to guess if you beleive in it as it is useless!!

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Touche, Dirty_g. There is something comforting in speculating that man's demise will come from a prophecy or some alien virus, or anything that isn't our own, negligent fault.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirty_g
if you look at the link i put above you will find that the annual solsticer has happened anyway. The solstice really isnt that big a deal anyway. Do you have links proving thst these facts you put down are true? or are they all convienient dates?

The U.S.N.O.A.A. website was one of a number of places I have seen the time of the 2012 winter solstice listed as 11:11. I found that particular number to be a neat coincidence, since I have spent many hours viewing sites dedicated to that number and its popularity lately.
I do have links to sites claiming the information is true, but if you feel that that alone is proof, then we have different standards of measuring facts. I shared this list of ancient parallel predictions only cuz I have read much about them, and find the commonality interesting. The world wide nature of such numerous commensurable deductions is something I respect. To compare it to the Y2K idiocy is beyond my comprehension, I see no comparison.

August 13, 3113 BC Day one Mayan Sun.
Circa 3100 BC Ancient Egyptian first dynasty
3102 BC start of Kali Yuga in India.
11:11 AM, December 21, 2012, Annual Winter Solstice
Dec. 21, 2012 is day one of the fifth sun and Baktun 13 in the Mayan Calendar.( 13.0.0.0.0.)
Dec. 21, 2012 end of Suntelia Aion, Ancient Greece.
Hindu Vedas say this is the time of the end of the Kali (4th) Yuga.
THe Aborigines of Australia say the 40 000 year dreamtime is ending now.
The Maori agree.
The Hopi elders named nine signs that would precede the 'third shaking', and eight are in the books as of today, one to go.
And it coincidentally is close to a proposed date of 2010 when the number of days of the year we spend in Pisces drops below the number of days we spend in Aquarius. The book claimed that around 1953 we first ducked in and out of Aquarius the same day, and now are approaching the point where we spend more of the year in Aquarius than Pisces.
The end of the Kali Yuga is also said to happen right about then too. Their description of what is to happen is 'wiping the slate clean'. Similar to the Mayan fire scenario, and the Biblical Apocalypse. I hope all those mysterious ancient sages were in agreement on a mistake, and the slate will remain unwiped....

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Maybe the measurements they took only were accurate for a certain period of time. After the date 2012 measurements may have been needed to ensure that the calendar was accurate for the next period of time or age. If the astronomers weren't there to check the alignments then there would be a great disaster--the calendar would not be reset.

Just my an idea, no facts to back it up.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
just to add to the discussion I thought I would provide a link all about the Mayan Calender which declares that 2012 is actually a bit too soon and it was not researched properly. Anyway tell me what you think! en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I would guess that the solstice was the intended time reference, but there are many supporters of the 23rd as day one of Baktun 13.0.0.0.0.
Maybe the 21st is move out day, the 22nd is clean up day, and 23rd is move in day for the new tenants. Or the Mayans, Hindus, Hopi, Greeks, Maori, Australian Aborigines, Bible, Qu'ran, and Astrologers could all be off base, and we won't notice a thing.....
I would put my money on the ancients, though.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
I would guess that the solstice was the intended time reference, but there are many supporters of the 23rd as day one of Baktun 13.0.0.0.0.
Maybe the 21st is move out day, the 22nd is clean up day, and 23rd is move in day for the new tenants. Or the Mayans, Hindus, Hopi, Greeks, Maori, Australian Aborigines, Bible, Qu'ran, and Astrologers could all be off base, and we won't notice a thing.....
I would put my money on the ancients, though.

...and the day after everyone was wrong, all the ateists will laugh heartily, and the religious will cast their burden, and the world will come to peace!

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Laugh on. Good for them, if so, and if not, I sure won't be laughing. Cuz I'll probably be dead, I figure.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
well as the link i provided suggests researchers are a bit out. considering the researchers who give you this date mostly want to sell books

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
can it be that the calander is not a callander rather than a countdown clock to someting hapening but was declared when the countdown begon?

And end of the world I don't believe, an end to an era yes that is possible.

people are doom thinking. because of religieuse groups claim it to be the end of times maybe for religions which can or won't addept.

if aliens arrive which religion will addept??

that is the question its there end of days

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
i can't remember where i read it but apparently if you work out the time when all the angels were spose to be booted out of heaven that this was the advent of the great war (WW1) and that the people that were alive then will still be alive to see the end.
well my nan was 3 years old when she was in WW1 and she's 90 now and still going strong, bless her!

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
"The Orion Prophecy" by Patrick Geryl and Gino Ratinckx

Prophecies from the Maya and Old Egyptians

www.howtosurvive2012.com...

[edit on 26-12-2005 by Thirdeyemind]

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join