It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 End of World?

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
2 Peter 3:8 (King James Version)
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

posted on Dec, 26 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The funny thing is that this 'end of the world' date falling on the 21st of December 2012 (it's not the 'end of the world' it's either the end of humanity or civilisation as we know it) originally started as an end date for an obsure civilisation's calendar. As others heard about this theory they started formulating theories about disasters, psyhic awakenings, interdimensional beings etc happening on that date. The closest thing to an 'end of the world' scenario would be an asteroid strike or the Olduvai cliff occurring

But the funniest thing is that when December 21 2012 comes around nothing will happen. Everyone will just stare at each other sheepishly, this event will be addded to the various lists of failed 'end of the world' dates, life will continue and maybe, just maybe, this thread will finally rest in peace...

Also did anyone remember good 'ol 06/06/06? Imagine the aftermath of that x10.

[edit on 26-12-2006 by Chaoticar]

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
About 6 years to go!!!

I though this was funny....

"Bush wants balanced budget by 2012 "

hosted.ap.org...

Maybe he's trying to ensure all debts are paid before the world comes to an end! J/K

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
the maya believed that they were living in the fifth world not the sixth

the only record of Mayan beliefs is called the popul vuh
it contains many references that agree with christian teachings
on page two it actually says

"This we shall write now within the Law of God and Christianity; we shall bring it to light because now the Popol Vuh as it is called cannot be seen any more, in which was clearly seen the coming from the other side of the sea, and the narration of our obscurity, and our life was dearly seen. The original book written long ago existed; but its sight is hidden from the searcher and the thinker."

as it turns out it wasn't written by a native Maya fresh from sacrificing a few enemies on top of a temple
it was written by a native convert to christianity a long time after the destruction of mesoamerican civilisation during the colombian conquest
so anyone you hear saying that because it features many christian themes it must be a reaffirmation of Gods will is ignorant of the truth behind its construction

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
That may be one side Marduk, but there is always two sides to a story. The truth and the hidden adenda.

At times there is a third side.....the one that niether left or right want to take or give credibility to. That may be the actual road we need to walk.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Hello everyone
I'm new here. Like you all, I'm very interested in 2012 and what may happen to humanity by then..
Anyways, not sure if this has been posted before on this extensive thread, but I've been following this guy: Marshall Masters for some time, and his information about 2012, Nibiru, etc..sound very realistic and factual. A very recent conference with another two astronomers in Japan and TheNeatherlands respectively was made, and yall can listen to them in MP3s, realplayer or WinPlayer formats..the conferences are about the projected path of Planet X/Nibiru and its aftermath once it reaches the earth's eliptic. You can watch the free downloadable PDF file from the website as you listen..hope yall like it and find it as instructive as I did. Here's the link:
yowusa.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
it only sounds realistic and factual until you dig a little deeper
Nibiru as a word doesn't actually exist in the Sumerian language
it is based on this word that does
nēberu
psd.museum.upenn.edu...
as you can see it doesnt mean "rogue planetoid about to destroy the earth"
ut actually means "quay, port; crossing, ford"

No civilisation of mesopotamia ever said anything about rogue planets at all. their level of astronomical knowledge included only the five planets visible from earth
this idea was originally invented by Zechariah Sitchen way back in 1976 in his book "the twelth planet" where he foretold that it would come crashing into the earth in the year 2000
it didn't
he then revised his estimate to 2003
we're still here
now accoring to mr masters its coming 2007- 2014
pardon me for not running screaming to the hills won't you

theres been loads of stuff written about this non existent phenomenan at ATS already
using the search function you can easily find it
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread194855/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread195835/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread88767/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread221608/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread23619/pg1

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_cross3
I didn't read all of this extremely long topic, but regarding the Mayan belief system, along with the fact that we are in the sixth stage . . . this is very interesting because Christian and apocryphal prophecy divides the life of the World into a week.

Supposedly Christ was to have been born on the fifth day. I read this in a very old book with various apocryphal books, including The Book of Adam and Eve.

The seventh day is supposed to be 1000 years of peace while God reigns and Satan is locked up. This seventh day occurs on the Earth.

There is then a mention of the eighth day, which is supposed to be eternity.

It's certainly an interesting parallel with the Mayan beliefs.

finally somebody who is actually getting the picture. we are living in the 7th day. mankind was created 6000 years ago according to the bible.

"But beloved do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a 1000 years, and a 1000 years is as one day." (2Pet. 3:8)

we are in the last day. the 7ths day. we have been in the "last days" for a few thousand years now.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

finally somebody who is actually getting the picture. we are living in the 7th day. mankind was created 6000 years ago according to the bible.

"But beloved do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a 1000 years, and a 1000 years is as one day." (2Pet. 3:8)

ok so according to your own data there are 365,000 years for each year of bible time because as Peter said "1000 years is as one day"
so 365,000 muliplied by 6000 years = 2,190,000,000
thats not all that accurate really
the earth is about twice as old as that
suggest in future you enlarge Peters passage (pun intended) to
"But beloved do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a 2000 years, and a 2000 years is as one day."
okies thats that problem solved eh

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

ok so according to your own data there are 365,000 years for each year of bible time because as Peter said "1000 years is as one day"
so 365,000 muliplied by 6000 years = 2,190,000,000
thats not all that accurate really
the earth is about twice as old as that
suggest in future you enlarge Peters passage (pun intended) to
"But beloved do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a 2000 years, and a 2000 years is as one day."
okies thats that problem solved eh

no 6000 years = 6 days
the earth is millions of years old modern man is 6000 or so years old
the heavens and earth were created in a week. week = 7 days. mankinds history works the same. its all in order.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
but you just said that 1000 years are as a day in the eyes of the lord
and then you said we're living in the last day
so about a thousand years to go then eh
doesnt sound so bad does it

I think I'd definitely side with St Peter on the length of time man has been on the planet
is hes saying its longer than 6000 years then I definitely agree
who are you to say that a saint is wrong
have you no faith at all
what are you some kind of satanist misinterpreting the bible deliberately to suit your own ends

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
yeah i did say that and nope another 1000 years doesnt sound bad at all. my physical life on this planet will be long gone by then. i have already made my choice. i know what peter said and thats what i quoted. 1000 years is as 1 day...
he is not wrong. if our creator comes back in 2012 there will be 1000 years of peace. then the day of rest.

[edit on 6-1-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Wouldn't that mean that we're at the end of the 6th day? We're not sure when Eve was created (because it's not recorded in the bible) and so it's hard to put an exact number on start of the 6000 years. God did not rest until he was done creating things and Eve was part of that plan.

The seventh day would be the 1000 years of peace that comes after Armageddon, right?

The rest day of God is 7000 years long. At the end of the 7000 years he picks up where he left off.

The rest of the Universe begins construction because a vital issue has finally been settled!

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   

The seventh day would be the 1000 years of peace that comes after Armageddon, right?

no
there is nothing after Armageddon
its pretty final

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

no
there is nothing after Armageddon
its pretty final

Revelation 20 is curious on this matter.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
the etymology of the word isn't

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hey guys i dont know if it means anything but if you check the whois on yahoo their website expires on 2012-Jan-19.

and google expires 2011-Sep-14

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
ahhhh u people dont know when the world ends we all dont know we cant even prove it the world might end tomorow next year or maybe 1000 years so yea im just saying we dont know when the world ends

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
That was very wise of you fang.

The world will not come to an end. The domination of humans by humans will come to an end soon, but the earth will not expire.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I agree with Win 52

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join