It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 End of World?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
We'll all know either way when the time comes. If nothing happens then we'll just have to wait till the next doomsday event.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

we'll just have to wait till the next doomsday event.

2036 we're getting hit by an asteroid apparently
and this ones ominously named Apophis not after the egyptian Serpent god but after the character from stargate SG1
the odds for it hitting are 1 in 43,000. which is practically a sure thing according to some doomsayers
en.wikipedia.org...
I wonder if that one would be worth a small wager
mind you i'll be 66 so i probably wont need the money anyway
incontinence pants might be worth buying though if its a near miss at that age

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
The Africans had tree gods, and the Hindus had tree spirits. But not the Egyptians.

So what of these webpages?

The Goddesses of the Egyptian Tree Cult

Tree Goddesses of ancient Egypt

At various locals in the in the ancient world, trees were associated with different gods, and Egypt was certainly no exception. We know of no trees, or for that matter other vegetation in Egypt that was honored as specific gods as were bulls or rams, for example. Nevertheless, various vegetation was connected to gods and goddess in one way or another, or generally to Egyptian religion and specifically the afterlife.

There were several deities that were associated with trees, a rare commodity in Egypt. Horus was associated with the acacia, while Osiris and Re were tied with the willow and the sycamore, respectively. Osiris was sheltered by a willow after he was killed, and for example, the Book of the Dead describes two "sycamores of turquoise" growing at the point on the eastern horizon where the sun-god rises each morning. Re was also associated with the ished tree. Also, Wepwawet was paired with the Tamarisk, and the symbol of the god Heh was a palm branch, while not surprisingly, we have both Thoth and Seshat, the two deities associated with writing, inscribing the leaves of either the ished (or persea) tree with the Royal Titulary and the number of years in the pharaoh's reign.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   

and this ones ominously named Apophis not after the egyptian Serpent god but after the character from stargate SG1

2036 eh? Well I'll be 53, I'll have seen good innings by then I'm sure!

Reserve me a pair, just incase!

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
Well my oppinion is that 2012 is a given deadline for everyone to actually consider it to be dooms day or a world wide change for humanity. I think people want most of the 2012 theories to come TRUE, despite the horror. We want change - anything for change. A restart to the system. 2012 is something to hope for. Although, I highly doubt anything will happen by 2012 because, we cannot predict the future as far as now. Take weather for example, we only get a certain prediction within a few days, longrange forecasts are a probable chance but are unlikely to occur. Theres so much fluctuation with events that a prediction so far from now is very unprobable. On the other hand, since many have set 2012 a date for change, we of all people are possibly setting the course to it, making events happen subconciously without knowing it, that leads to the set date. I hope that makes sense =l

[edit on 25-10-2006 by 7Ayreon]

That's what I think

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
to that. With any luck there will be some change, it's long overdue.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
i wonder if this end of times and the myan calender and the dynamo shift i put on ats at 4:27 am on here has anything to do with what is going on now. please check out and add for i don't know how to snip information yet. i saw this on nova, take a look into this and add. also the oceans depleteing i heard about on here. i wonder if this dynamo shift has anything to do with this.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by littlebird]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
perhaps instead of being the end of existence, it will be the end of the free world (after the rise of the alleged NWO), the end of humanity (human specific virus), or the end of humanitys reign (natural population reduction)?

[edit on 2-11-2006 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
So what of these webpages?

The Goddesses of the Egyptian Tree Cult

Tree Goddesses of ancient Egypt

Huh. I stand corrected.

Thanks for the link!

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
as i see the only thing that we can do is to wait until 2012

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
The Aztecs, like the Mayans, believed that the universe had been created five times and destroyed four times; each of these five eras was called a Sun. The first age was called Four Ocelot (for it began on the date called Four Ocelot). Tezcatlipoca (Smoking Mirror) dominated the universe and eventually became the sun disk. The world was destroyed by jaguars. The second age was Four Wind, dominated by Quetzalcoatl (Sovereign Plumed Serpent); men were turned to monkeys and the world was destroyed by hurricanes and tempests. The third age was Four Rain, dominated by Tlaloc (the rain god); the world was destroyed by a rain of fire. The fourth era was Four Water and was dominated by Chalchihuitlicue (Woman with the Turquoise Skirt); the world was destroyed by a flood. The fifth era, the one we live in now, is Four Earthquake, and is dominated by Tonatiuh, the Sun-God. This age will end in earthquakes.

www.wsu.edu...

it says that the fourth era was four water and the world was destroyed by flood.similar to the noah story.and the fifth era which is now is four earthquake.and the age will end in earthquakes.in the revelation of the bible,it said that when jesus will return it will have a huge earthquake.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
its such a pity though that this legend was written down in post columbian times
the popul vuh mentions christianity on its first page and was written down by a christian convert
clearly if the world had been destroyed it would be impossible to write down how
so maybe you should consider that this legend is just that
a legend and nothing more
and one that has been hevily influenced by the papal bogeyman

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
As I understand it there are other calanders that have an end date for 2012 as well.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
perhaps then you can prove that

with links to credible sources
that would be great
thanks

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It was fairly recently that I posted an extended refutation of the claim that any other cultures or calendars point at 2012 as a signifcant date. The link is here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Actually it may be significant but not as you think
see I was born in 1970
which means that I will be 42 years old in 2012
the number 42 according to Douglas Adams Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy series is the answer to the ultimate question of Life the Universe and Everything
but apart from that I can't find any other reason why 2012 may be important to anyone else
I realise of course that this in itself may also be slightly tenuous.
But seeing as we were already discussing completely erroneous claims by the very existence of this thread i don't see why mentioning it isn't any less valid

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

we'll just have to wait till the next doomsday event.

the odds for it hitting are 1 in 43,000. which is practically a sure thing according to some doomsayers
en.wikipedia.org...
I wonder if that one would be worth a small wager
mind you i'll be 66 so i probably wont need the money anyway

actually i believe they plotted the course of the asteriod and it will pass close proably knock out satalite reception for a while but it will sligshot past us only to return and hit us in few hundered year time so it will happen just not in 2036.

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well, we might have some satillite TV problems in 2012, and if its during a popular show, there could be rioting! Anyways what a 50% stonger sun spot cylce mean for GPS, airplanes, military communications, etc?

[url=http://science.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1135042.php/Strong_2012_sunspot_cycle_is_forecast?compage=10&comcount=18&comlimit=10]link[ /url]
BOULDER, CO, United States (UPI) -- Government scientists say the next sunspot cycle will be 30-percent to 50-percent stronger than the last one, and begin as much as a year late.

The unprecedented forecast was made using a computer model of solar dynamics developed by scientists at the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colo.

Scientists predict the next cycle, known as Cycle 24, will produce sunspots across an area slightly larger than 2.5 percent of the visible surface of the sun. The cycle is projected to reach its peak about 2012, one year later than indicated by alternative forecasting methods that rely on statistics.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
the world ends because an astroid is suppose to ethier hit earth or come very close it is all in the stars just look!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I didn't read all of this extremely long topic, but regarding the Mayan belief system, along with the fact that we are in the sixth stage . . . this is very interesting because Christian and apocryphal prophecy divides the life of the World into a week.

Supposedly Christ was to have been born on the fifth day. I read this in a very old book with various apocryphal books, including The Book of Adam and Eve.

The seventh day is supposed to be 1000 years of peace while God reigns and Satan is locked up. This seventh day occurs on the Earth.

There is then a mention of the eighth day, which is supposed to be eternity.

It's certainly an interesting parallel with the Mayan beliefs.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join