It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 End of World?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Has anyone wondered what effect our consciousness has on 2012? If everyone in the world believed something dramatic was going to happen at 11:11am Dec 21st 2012 (mayan time zone?) Then would that make something happen?

The book the Holographic Universe talks alot about our unconscious effect on the world. Like a sub-atomic particle which appears differently to American scientists than to British, because they each expect a specific and different behavior.

Anyways, if thats true, then that means that the several hundred million people who expect something to happen in 2012 will get what they wish for. Now it may not be Nibiru or a galactic explosion, or a DNA change resulting in psychic powers, but something... hmmm.. I wonder. Maybe we could put out a fake 2012 theory in which we all get superpowers, then if enough people believe it... just maybe..

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The feathered serpent god Quetzylcoatl will return in 2012, least that's what I want to happen, he is my favorite ancient god after all...

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Is it possible that The spanish destroyed some of the measurements of time that the mayan created? They destroyed a TON of stuff in their wrath....Could it be that we don't have the entire story? Could it be that the story isn't fully told because of the destruction?

I think I'm onto something....

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The present day Mayans seem quite happy with their ancestor's calendar and are amused by the new age high stupidity surrounding it.

Its just a calendar folks and when it comes to an end....just like ours does, the Chinese and every other calendar it then.....starts over.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Global warming will play a big part in 2012 people will fight each other for resources and start nuclear wars then we'll have nuclear winter and we'll all die.

By the way if you guys'll look at my accout i have a thread relating to the aftermath of 2012 please visit and comment

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I disagree Bulgaria.

There is too many astronomical, and astrological for that matter, extremely rare events that all seem to be aligned together.

As if .. who knows what will happen.

I'm holding out for Jesus and the Millenial Kingdom here on Earth. He will kill Osama bin Laden in Megiddo, lol.

Or at least the First Resurrection, that would be rad. Omg. Jesus comes with the First Resurrection, and all the saints there-on battle the evil ones on Earth until 202x-203x, when that meteor Apophis is supposed to hit the Earth, thereby destroying it altogether. That would be great. I could see the wisdom in that plan.

When he returns his name will not be Jesus, and no one knows the name until he comes, so sayeth the Apocalypse of John. This will be so he can unite all good natured people, regardless of political or religious affiliation.

Maybe the "Dark Rift" that will be in the sky is the same thing as the writing in Revelation of the Heavens being folded up.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
divulgence.net...

The world is about to flip and has already begun to do so. A meter is suppose to come close to the earth on Dec of 2012. Theroys if its going to hit us is not for certin. Search 2012 on wiki.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
see below

[edit on 20-9-2007 by staticmaker]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Cool! if it's Dec24th 2007, then I'l be getting out of paying off my credit cards. Maybe i"ll take out a fe wmore loans.
Seriously though folks, I've bene following this subject for most of my life. Here's a tip for you all: Whenever you arrive at, what you believe to be, a logical conclusion or line of reasonig, always attempt to debunk yourself (or your theory) by seeing it objectively- or through a simple human's type of reasoning. I"ve found this to help solidify my thories and/or help filter details.
I'm fee to chat- so anyone wants to bounce ideas around- drop me a line. Please don't contact me if you're off the deep end
SM
ps: I also just heard that Bush plans on balancing the budget by Dec 2007! Did he say that just to get a rise out of us who suspect the Mayan end at 12-24-07? Or does he also, simply, know about it and trying to use the true date to say "How can I possibly follow thru with my promise if the darn world ended?" lol

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by j619pinoy

Hey there, in reply to your query about the Mayan long-count calendar, here is a short exert from the book I'm currently writing ('THE ATLANTEAN ANALYSIS' by ME);
... 'this calendar has been extremely accurate with all of it's previous calculations, since it was compiled in 3,372bc. So much so, that we have no reason to doubt its final entry. The prognosis of which is that;
The world as we know it, will end on the 21st December 2012' - note the words 'AS WE KNOW IT' ... in no way does it imply that the world will be destroyed !
What's more, the reasoning behind this estimated event was not made with the intention of 'scaremongering' ... neither was it borne of an esoterical prophecy, like those of Nostradamus.
The Mayans worked-out their calculations using astronomy and mathematics; and so realized that this date (23rd December 2012), was in fact when the Sun's magnetic-field would resume forward motion ... (the reverse of what had happened in 10,500bc) ... and we know what the outcome was on that occasion !' ........... [but hey, mankind survived that glitch ... no reason we shouldn't do it again. I don't agree with human cloning but I'm willing to make an exception if Ray Mears is the source ... every home will need one]!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Howdy Woolwych

An interesting speculation but there is no evidence of a polar magnetic reversal in 10,500. The last one was about 780k BP

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Howdy back at ya Hensplume, the name's 'WOODWYTCH' by the way. It's so darn annoying when people get your name wrong
don't you agree ?
Anyhoo ! now I've got that off my chest ... deep breath in ... and out
... oops! ... and relax (only joking - you just sounded a little bit pedantic in your reply and it brings out the worst in me - sure you didn't mean to)

In reply to your comments, I am not a natural academic and have never claimed to be. I did however, study for a degree in 'Natural Earth Sciences', with the OU and Heriot Watt University, in Edinburgh ... for the sole purpose of coming to terms with some of the (quite frankly), outrageous hypotheses that regularly popped into my head (from who knows where), in an effort to see if they could possibly hold water. This is clearly stated in my book, of which you have only read a minimal exert.

Now I'm sounding pedantic, sorry !

If you read my extended stats (here at the ATS site), you will see that my information source (or at least the majority of such), is unconventional to say the very least. Furthermore, it was acquired without request or permission ... why ? Your guess is as good as mine.

But one thing I do know for certain is that none of us have the full picture yet and it is very dangerous to blindly follow the opinion (or the translation of evidence), of so-called 'experts' who, lets face it ... are mere mortals with a serious case of 'tunnel-vision'.

Example;

If you were to ask a very broad cross-section of the public ... 'what was the purpose of the Gizeh Pyramids ?

I guarantee the majority of that cross-section would be confident in their reply that they had been built as 'tombs for the pharaoh's'.

How do they reach this conclusion ?

The 'experts' say it is so !

And yet there is not one single shred of solid evidence to substantiate such a claim. No more than there is for many of my own claims (at the moment)!

So, until I know with absolute certainty that the information I have access to is nothing more than the alien equivalent of ' disinformation or a joke in bad taste' ... I'll stand by it.

I believe that sites like ATS will help us in our quest to discover the 'bigger picture'. I only discovered it a few days ago and joined because I knew there would be people here who can help me unravel this tangled knot of information and I'd be happy to hear more about your opinions/experiences (or those of anyone else who reads this) for comparisons. It's the only way to grow ... no matter how much we think we know ... there's always room to learn more ... otherwise we could call ourselves 'experts'

All I can say is that most of the data I have, seems to come to it's climax with the date 2012 ... and this was way before I'd ever heard of the Mayan long-count calendar ... any suggestions ?

And can I also throw a random query out there to one and all;

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the term 'Molecular Disturbance' might mean in relationship to the Gizeh site ?

Bright Blessing Hanslune, (hope I didn't offend you ... I really was only joshin with ya)

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Howdy Woodwytch

We have 'experts' because there is far far to much information in the world for everyone to investigate each and every aspect of the world around us. Example I trust most of what experts say in those areas that I'm not interested in, I do check and verify in some few areas, archaeology being one of them.

One learned man estimated (and this was some decades ago-it would take onger now) that one needed to spend a minimum of twenty years to read a significant portion of everything written about Egyptian Culture.

"And yet there is not one single shred of solid evidence to substantiate such a claim. No more than there is for many of my own claims (at the moment)!"

Actually there is a great deal of evidence for them being tombs, here is a link to a wordy exploration of that said subject

The pyramids as tombs

One snippet from that thread

Another piece of evidence for Menkaure, at least, being buried in his pyramid is that there's an inscription next to the entrance that says he was:

"The text is composed of at least five lines in sunken relief. The western part has deteriorated badly and only a few signs are visible, but the eastern half of the text ie, the part which is furthest from the entrance, is in better condition. It gives us the date on which the king was buried in his eternal abode, his tomb, though, unfortunately, the year is missing. The stone has weathered badly in the place where the year ought to be, but from the preserved part we know that his burial took place on the twenty-third day of the fourth month of the winter season. This month begins roughly in the middle of February, and thus we can say that Menkaure was buried in his pyramid in March... ...Four cartouches containing royal names can be distinguished, with some difficulty because they are very badly preserved. The names in two of them are beyond recognition, and a third is not certain. The preserved cartouche contains the name "Menkaure." (The Pyramids, Ahmed Fakhry p.257)

If you are very interested in that subject I would recommend questioning the Egyptologists at Ma'at or you can find an existing thread on this board - or heck just start up a new one.

Oh the reason people believe that there is no evidence for the pyramids being tombs is that a number of fringe writers told their readers to believe them when they made up that myth.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Hanslune]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   

First things first;

I didn't mention polar-shifts (but I understand the estimated time of that event is expected around 2030) ... what I did say was that the Sun's magnetic field would resume forward motion in 2012. This is likely to cause massive solar-flare activity (as a result of said directional change).

As for the recommended text you suggested I read - to convince me that the 3 large Gizeh Pyramids had been built as tombs for dead pharaohs - well Hanslune, I did read it ... and now I'm just disappointed to be honest.

I thought you were going to point me in the direction of something that would convince me I'd had it wrong all these years (I'm always prepared to listen to new information).

What I found instead was a tired old rehash of the usual 'expert' drivel ... that blamed the bits they didn't have valid explanations for on good, old reliable weather/water erosion etc. etc. etc.

However, Anthony was a little gem ... what a guy. At last somebody with a new and very original excuse for bodies of pharaohs not being discovered inside pyramids ... 'it was the hippo's & croc's what done it'

OMG ... I love this guy !

In conclusion I have to say I'm a little insulted ... I thought you were going to prove a worthy adversery in this eternal debate ... instead it would seem you've mistaken me for a fool

Never mind I'm sure I'll survive ... diversity of opinion is what makes life such an adventure !

Things don't always fit into a neatly labelled box (it's one of the drawbacks of the human-condition) ... sometimes we have to think outside of that box ... sometimes we have to listen with our eyes and see with our ears ... when we understand what that means and how to do it ... we can start entering the doors that were previously locked.

Taking your advise and will be starting a new thread ... sometime over the weekend ... just letting you know so that you can either check it out or avoid it like the plague ...whichever you feel is the right thing to do.
It will be called ... 'EXPERIMENT MAN - LABORATORY EARTH'

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Howdy Woodwytch

The truth and reality are often seen as "old and tired" yet they are true. That the Pyramids were looted in ancient times is beyond question-why then would you expect the bodies to still be there? Thousands of looted tombs contain ....nothing yet we still know they are tombs.

Here is a question for you, considering how important the Egyptians viewed death:

1. Where did they bury these Pharaohs-if not in the Pyramids-why didn't they record this change?
2. Why were the the mortuary temples associated with a Pharaoh's tomb built next to them?
3. Why did the craftsmen and professionals at the builders village think they were building a pharoah's tomb?
4. Why did the Egyptians hold the belief that they were tombs?

sometimes we have to think outside of that box

I have found that people who use that old tired cliche usually do so to avoid acknowledging they don't have a foundation in the subject they are rejection 'expert' opinion on. To successfully think outside the box you first need to know where the box is, what its consists of and what is constructed of. How much of real Egyptology do you know - and why do you reject it?

Sun's magnetic field would resume forward motion in 2012

?When did it stop? Seriouly could you explain what you are referring to?

I look forward to your new thread

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
In reference to 2012, the coming changes, and why we all need to come together...

The entire book of prophecy by Nostradamus can be found here:

www.history.com...

(Don't miss the History channel show on Sunday 28th of Oct. 9-11pm.)

In the introductory pages he has a lot of comments that are never seen on TV or in most books. The electronic book is displayed in a very nice format, and can even be sent via e-mail! (Use "Mail Contents" in your Web browser.)

Let's hope that mankind can awaken and rise to a new level of understanding, fellowship, and enlightenment that will allow us to transcend our differences, see God and all creation as One and interconnected, begin to get along with each other and perceive ourselves as the One Family we really are; and perhaps mitigate the harsh consequences and lessons Nostradamus has predicted for us if we don't.

Here is a quote from the very interesting preface of the book in which Nostradamus tells his son Cesar why he will not reveal more about important changes to come, or make the predictions more clear:

"Since governments, sects, and countries will undergo such sweeping changes, diametrically opposed to what now obtains (is viewed), that were I to relate events to come, those in power now - monarchs, leaders of sects, and religions - would find these so different from their own imaginings that they would be led to condemn what later centuries will learn how to see and understand."

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Persistent Misconceptions About the Maya Calendar and 2012:

I’ve reduced many to six primary ones:

1. 2012 is a New Age creation.

Wrong. I was surprised when more than one person asked me this. I believe this derives from the claims, or happily received projections, of certain New Age calendar makers, and the media attention around Harmonic Convergence in 1987. Though 2012 is an authentic Mayan artifact, the association in the public mind between it and Harmonic Convergence celebrities is hard to unravel, to the detriment of serious research.

alignment2012.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hey woodwytch,

You should (if you haven't already) check out Scott Creighton's board discussion right here on ATS about his work with the Pyramids. He's been conducting his own research and presents some of his findings on his board, and what he's discovered is quite interesting.... not much to do with tombs either.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Hey there Hanslune,

Reality (according to Albert Einstein) is relative ... the truth of your reality therefore, is not the same as mine, but in answer to your question(s);

1. I believe there is a high probability that the dead pharaoh's were
entombed in the 'satellite pyramids' that can be found alongside their
larger (multi-purpose) counterparts, with other members of their family.

2. This I would assume is the reason for the mortuary temples being built
within the pyramid complex.

3. (see above).

4. (ditto).

As for the 'box' ...
I do know where it is, as it happens ... it is exactly where I left it (after clawing my way out of it's confines a long, long time ago) ... its constructs are dogmatism ... and its contents are 'tunnel-vision' (in my experience).

A very dangerous receptacle as far as I'm concerned ... many a good man (and woman) has found themselves imprisoned within its interior.

I have researched much on the subject of Egyptology over the last 10+ years, from a wide diversity of sources including many orthodox reports ... and whilst some of those hypotheses/theories may be viable (to a degree), I personally find far too many orthodox explanations left wanting !

In return for the recommended reading you offered me, might I suggest my own offering, by a man whom I greatly admire for his efforts to lead the way out of that damnable 'box';

'Einsteins Miraculous Year' ... (5 papers that changed the face of physics). Published by Princeton University Press, 41 William Street, Princeton, New Jersey 08540.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Hey PhotonEffect, thanks for that it sounds really interesting. Unfortunatley, when I tried to connect to the thread all I got was a blank screen ... not sure what that's all about but I'll try it again later

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join