It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Collapses In 90 Days

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Well there's really a date for end game time.

It's in March.

The Can Kicking Is Ending - Key Upcoming Dates For Europe's Patient Zero

In March Greece faces a redemption cliff: if by then the €130 billion promised to it by the Troika as per the July 21 second bailout, is not delivered, it is game over - first for Greece which will default, then for the ECB, which will be forced to write down holdings of Greek bonds, in effect wiping out its equity and credibility, and lastly, for the Euro, which will see a core member leaving (in)voluntarily.

But I doubt they will let Greece default.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PROT3CTOR

Originally posted by boncho
The reason economic crashes cannot be properly predicted is because it's all a shell game. Lots of things are "supposed" to happen, but they don't because balance sheets are shifted around and lines are drawn through long standing figured. Things are reformed or written off.

I have better predictions betting on my golf ball hitting the green. And I'm a lousy golfer.

Unless you have "inside" info from TPTB??

Which also implies that anyone with enough leverage is "TPTB", seems you need a more specific moniker do you not?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Well there's really a date for end game time.

It's in March.

The Can Kicking Is Ending - Key Upcoming Dates For Europe's Patient Zero

In March Greece faces a redemption cliff: if by then the €130 billion promised to it by the Troika as per the July 21 second bailout, is not delivered, it is game over - first for Greece which will default, then for the ECB, which will be forced to write down holdings of Greek bonds, in effect wiping out its equity and credibility, and lastly, for the Euro, which will see a core member leaving (in)voluntarily.

But I doubt they will let Greece default.

The bailout is I suspect, the reason why Greece seems to have withdrawn it's veto of the EU embargo on Iranian oil imports..

(Iranian oil amounted to 14% of all Greek oil imports in the first half of 2011 and 35% in the second half Linky)

If they put those sanctions in place it really will hurt Greece (and the other large Eurozone importers of Iranian oil Italy and Spain)..so I can not help but think that there must be a bloody good ulterior reason to shoot yourself in the foot this way.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well about the bailout...

European Deathwish Exposed: Greek Bailout Package Delayed By Three Months

Looks like Europe plans on pushing its fate literally to the wire. Yesterday we explained why for Greece March is D(eadline)-Day, and as Greece itself stated, absent bailout cash coming in, it is game over: for Greece, for the Eurozone, and for Europe as the serial chain of defaults and exits begins. Which is why we read with great surprise minutes ago that according to the European Commission, the entire Greek bailout package has been delayed by three months because of delays in payouts of the 2011 tranche!

Shall be fun to watch.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
China will inevitably help the EU if it gets very bad, it has more incentive to make sure the EU doesn't collapse than it does America...remember that the EU is the worlds biggest economy and China's biggest trading partner, it collapsing helps no one. The eurocrats will just use the fear of impending doom to put more and more laws in place while severely punishing the failing member states. Europe has a lot to offer China in exchange for their help in propping up the EU.
edit on 5-1-2012 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Not sure about fun, as I am one of those who is of the opinion that those in charge would rather enter into conflict than see the project fail. But they certainly are great at shooting themselves in the foot.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Strangely it seems to me China is investing more in the UK than in Europe, the recent move by China Telecom to provide mobile phone services in Chinese in the UK is one example.

I could be mistaken but it does seem to me almost as tho they are sitting on the sidelines watching, and perhaps waiting for better pickings should the whole project fail.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
China is like the Catholic church, it thinks in hundreds of years, see how much China is spending in Africa, building roads, railroads, harbors, mines, its buying up copper deposits in ashcanistan, European greed should be easy for China to use for its own advantage.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I hear Italy needs to roll over 350 Billion Euros in Feb and in March. They say it cant be done unless they start printing.

So i say by law they will defalt in 90 days but who follows the law anymore? there just going to print! and kick the can!
edit on 5-1-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Jace26

how many " predictions " of EU collapse do we now have pending ? i am struggling to keep up - i am sure we should have all died at christmass - but strangely i dont feel dead

Strangely I didn't see you (and incidentally anyone else who constantly come on these threads to trash predictions of collapse) post in any of my threads where I have been careful not to hype up collapse, but cite MSM articles to generate discussion.

Annoying trolls on these forums, really, none of you lot could care less about anything we discuss here so why come to these forums? As soon as there is a "collapse" thread started, the trolls come out to post their anti-fear mongering, anti-doomsday, anti this, anti that, whinge and whine like broken records.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Jace26

how many " predictions " of EU collapse do we now have pending ? i am struggling to keep up - i am sure we should have all died at christmass - but strangely i dont feel dead

What you fail to understand is these are not predictions. They’re facts and numbers equaling impossible math with an absolute solution, collapse of the WORLDS markets. This is not fear mongering, facts and realities are not fear mongering. If you would stay off the UFO topics and dig into real situations in the world’s economy, you will be frightened and truly find real fear!
edit on 5-1-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Gerald Celentes comments in the OP are fearmongering.

Celente lost his "reputation" along with an "alleged" six figure number to MF Global a couple of months back.

I laughed out loud...

Celente was trading in non other than paper derivatives, COMEX gold futures contracts to be exact, whilst telling everybody else to buy physical gold hmmm?

He was expecting to make a BIG FAT PROFIT and got BURNED BIG TIME by the very same people he warns everyone else about doing business with...

Here's another Celente classic quote from 2009.

"The cities are going to look like Dodge City. They're going to be uncontrollable. You're going to have gangs in control, motorcycle marauders. You're not going to have enough police or federalis, just like Mexico, to control the situation.New York City looks like Mexico City. If you have money or they think you're going to have money, you're going to be a target for a kidnapping. We're going to see major cities look like Calcutta. There is going to be the homeless, panhandlers, hookers.we are going to see petty thieves and we're going to see pick-pockets. And the other thing, even these — even these gated communities won't be safe, because you're going to see criminality — you're going to see gangs like you've never seen before. Listen, when people have nothing left to lose, and they've lost everything, they lose it. And now, you have a society — we're a dissenting society. I mean, you look at high school graduation rates — you have under 50 percent in major cities..

LINKY

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JudgeDeath

Considering his history vs. yours for example, I'm going with Gerald.

That doom and gloom is coming with the economic collapse, it's just finally arriving. Nobody could have predicted the lies they could get away with, and the stupidity of the Americans. Nobody.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

starangley - none of the " prohpecies " of eurozone collopse / default etc etc came true

i have no issue with you or any one else presenting verifiable facts - aimed at those who have their head in the sand and actually believe that thier house value / pension etc et will continue to rise

its the " OMG everything will collapse next week / month " that i object to

when so many claims [ ussually from the same people ] have already been demonstrate false

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

so thats why none of the predictions of eurozone collapse during 2011 came true ?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

so thats why none of the predictions of eurozone collapse during 2011 came true ?

I never heard any predictions that the euro zone would collapse in 2011, it was always 2012 and 2013 soooo, yes.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

really - collapse within 48 hours was predicted on 8th dec 2011 - that was only the latest - do i really need to cite others ?

source

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The best prediction of a Euro collapse I can make is that it will collapse tomorrow

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
by Q2 Greece is toast.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

really - collapse within 48 hours was predicted on 8th dec 2011 - that was only the latest - do i really need to cite others ?

source

yes, your going to need more then RT as a source. haha. And as the case was, the Euro zone was going to collapse but nearly every centeral bank in the world injected cash into europe over night to save it. If that did not happen you would have seen a collapse. the problem is the centeral banks can only do that so many times before it doesnt work anymore.

you keep basing your facts on news reports from RT and ill keep my Mathematical facts and we will see whos right.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join