It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my friend immortal? [fictional story: hoax]

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
not surprised.. theres a few running around with that curse... its not normally subject of discussion...

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

But NEVER any reference nor mention of a human achieving immortality, not only that...it is biologically impossible.

Biologically it is NOT impossible. Your whole body id renewed and replaced every 7 years or so, the trouble is those annoying little cosmic rays and other things conspire to make the replacement imperfect.

Biologically speaking there is no requirement for a body to die.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
I know I'm a bit of a cynic, but why exactly is what he says so believable? Maybe he is just off his nut? It's a good story, but honestly I don't think it is anything more than that.

I don't even give it that much credit. It sounds like someone who's been hanging out on conspiracy boards, making up a nice story for folks. Althought it may indeed be true to some extent, there's some common elements that show up in a lot of hoax stories on conspiracy boards.

Let's face it... if governments came after unusual, highly intelligent people, they'd have locked down and abducted everyone in Mensa and the other high IQ societies. "Dumbing down," adult vocabulary, quick understanding, etc is just par for the course for someone with an IQ over 145 (speaking from experience, speaking from friends' experience.) It happens to a LOT of us on this planet.

High IQ and integrity do not go hand in hand, however.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Maybe Thayer is connected with this man

256 year-old man

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Interesting story. I don't know what to think, but I am not one to judge whether what you're saying is true or not. I look forward to hearing more about it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This post resembles a movie called, "The Man From Earth", check it out if you haven't seen it yet. Maybe your friend grabbed the idea from this movie and used it to his own amusement to deceive you.

-Rotation

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
we are ETERNAL all this pain is an illusion.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
what a load of nonsense lol. When people come up with threads like these they always go 2 ways. It either sounds like a novel or piece of creative writing as the person tries too hard to make it an interesting story, or it sounds like a normal recital of heresay.

Reading that nonsense it's obvious that it's a created story, a piece of fictional writing, you can tell purely by the way it's written. It's obviously not someone reliving memories, it's something that has been created.

Can't believe it's gone to 14 pages lol

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Immortal no, a fibber...quite possibly

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

current understanding of apoptosis disagrees with you

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by undead trev

to cut to the chase - extra-ordinary claims require extra-ordinary evidence , demand a demonstration

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
One of the best stories I heard in the long time.If it is all true then I'm amazed. There is a way of reaching immortality and I do think its possible. But i have no idea how to or know who does at the moment. One day in the future we shall find out. After all Aids, was not made by humans.

*SPOILER ALERT*

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well, you have an imagination, anyway, though this will never win any short story awards. The biggest giveaway here is that you are in your "friend's" mind too much, telling us exactly how he feels at any given moment. If you were actually told this story, you wouldn't be doing that and would be much more straightforward. You're also mixing your metaphors. This "friend" is not just "immortal," but also super-human with extraordinary powers.

Someone already mentioned "Man from Earth." That's how a story like this should be done. I highly recommend this movie. It's the kind you will watch several times.
edit on 1/4/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

He doesn't advertise it and doesn't want people to know but he lets you post this on a public forum and says he'll answer any questions... Yea ok.

If he's willing to answer our questions with his o so great wisdom then how about giving some video evidence to back up this nonsense claim? He (if he's even actually based on a real person and not just a character in your imagination) can wear a mask if he wants. Let's see him jump off some buildings and what not since he's immortal. Of course, this will never happen, because he or you just want some attention or are mentally ill and this story is full of hot air.

This thread belongs in the "grey area" for personal stories.

ps- work on your writing skills before writing your next story, that was quite difficult to read.
edit on 4-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

No offense but this is complete €&@@. However, demanding proof seems futile.
But nonetheless I'm all in.
Few questions for your friend?
Reading peoples mind, how does it feel? Is is something that comes naturally or do you have to think about something?
Timelines, how does he perceive time? How much he can manipulate time?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I had a good think about this while I was at the gym burning off some calories.

Would you honestly want immortality, the physical biological immortality that we are talking about?

Life is hard enough as it is, I am reaching the latter part of my life now, and as wonderful and fulfilling it has been (and will be), I am tired of it all, physically speaking.

For me true immortality is me, my mind living on, as the soul, a new life form (energy) or whatever my next growth as a being is.

Would you want immortality though, in this world we live in right now?

Lets say you don't decay, you stay as you are (relatively speaking) but the world around you does decay, loved ones come and go, the world changes for the better or for the worse...would your psychological make up change over time, going from one extreme to another (and everything in between) i.e. from depression to madness to an elevation of mind/body/soul and back again?

Life is created, it is destroyed and it recreates again - this statement is pretty true whether you look at it from a theological or scientific point of view, but the fact remains that the rest of the universe is not immortal (in a physical, material sense).

However in a quantum universe there is no reason why you, the person that you are, the voice in your head cannot exist and carry on existing (if you want to).
edit on 4-1-2012 by old_god because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2012 by old_god because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-1-2012 by old_god because: I dunno, I just hit edit for the fun of it...oops

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
can't your friend give you any tipe of proof?? if my friend told me that he can do all those things at least i would ask him to read my mind or something.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Go for the gold OP, I am sure you stand a chance of being the all time champ, you just need more practice,

Undead Trev's source for "baby trev changes a garbage truck tire all by himself"

Undead Trev's source for everything else

Its actually a decent movie, and it free on youtube, start forming your own superpower friend story here.

Undead Trevs other tall tale ---- He met this guy as well

but, that's not important as it has nothing to do with this story, and was written a few years ago,,,, although it works to define character, this isn't a courtroom .....................

This is a fraud perpetrated by a disturbed individual. It doesn't take a psychologist to see the inconsistencies in this story, as well as clear indications that the op is writing from his own viewpoint in several sentences.

PROOF OF FRAUD

The dead give away was when a poster asked if the "immortal" had heard of Garth Ennis, and the op was able to reply in just a few minutes that he had not, while stating a few minutes earlier that the op had to get in contact with him the next day, and will ask him some specific question. If the op was not in contact with him when the question was asked then how would the op know whether Mr.Immortal had heard of Garth Ennis or not ? They wouldn't be able to, and were clearly answering a question on his or should I say "their own" behalf. These small inconsistencies are shown throughout the rest of the thread over, and over, and in the end its obvious that the cake is LIE.
edit on 4-1-2012 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rotation
This post resembles a movie called, "The Man From Earth", check it out if you haven't seen it yet. Maybe your friend grabbed the idea from this movie and used it to his own amusement to deceive you.

-Rotation

Great "intelligent" movie, poses a lot of philosophical questions.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by undead trev
reply to post by RatoAstuto

he appreciates your well wishing,

I didn't see RatoAstuto saying he wanted your friend to be thrown down a well. Well-wisher's aren't very nice, and seeing RatoAstuto's replies, he seems like a nice, genuine person. Also, it's a weird thing for your friend to appreciate, unless..

It seems your friend tried to end his life three-four times, has he ever considered that he might be a cat? I mean, it's just as likely as being immortal, isn't it?

This is in no way intended as a malicious or negative reply, I'm only treating the OP as in the the manner it was presented.
edit on 4/1/12 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join