It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my friend immortal? [fictional story: hoax]

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroUnlmtd
have you tried killing him to see what all the hype is about?

can we not advise killing others. Funny or not, that is a ridiculous thing to say.

You dont know the thread starter.

Seriously?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I havent been able yet to read the whole thread ..but I feel compelled to ask a question or two. First let me say you do not need to know what any of us believe because almost all who read this have an opinion. Unless I experience what you experience in dealing with your friend I am in no position to make a judgement. Even if I were in your shoes I would not judge as that is not our purpose for living. It seems as if Thayer does have a purpose or any of those attempts on his life would have been successful. I have recently been experiencing some things that are frightening to me. I am not on any type of medicine and do not have any illnesses. I do not use drugs or alcohol. I have been made aware of something that is so strange I haven't shared it with anyone for fear of ridicule. I am wondering if you can ask your friend what his knowledge of our reality is. Is it possible it is manipulated by a higher force or race of creatures. Without sounding silly my best comparison would be the american movie The Matrix. The question is not the validity of the movie but rather the concept explored. Are we living behind a smokescreen? I look forward to your response and thank you ahead of time.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie

Originally posted by undead trev
reply to post by Kostas

I do not tend to watch the stupidity of the idiot box, I have better things to do...

Instead of finding people with something interesting to say I can see that the last page of attacks on my person are just lowering this my first thread, I am sorry that there are so many on this site who simply cannot even contemplate something beyond their own closed little existance,

very sad...please go ahead
edit on 4-1-2012 by undead trev because: (no reason given)

You should request this thread to be moved to the "Gray Area"; that way you'll be protected from overly nasty comments. The Gray Area is specifically for personal experiences that can't be proven and whoever posts there MUST give you the benefit of the doubt.

A very good point and one that i raised earlier in the thread.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GreatScot

Thank you for the video.

Just watched the movie, very interesting.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
To answer your question, I would have to say that no, I don't believe your friend to be immortal, or at least not in the way that I think you're thinking he is. While it may be possible that he will go on to live for much longer than the average person, we all will 'die' at some point and I don't think your friend is any exception.

I am really interested in reading more of his story because, whether true or make believe, I find it fascinating and I do believe that us humans are capable of much more than we credit ourselves for, and I believe that there are some who have 'unlocked' or 'activated' this part of themselves, or were perhaps born this way.

I would be interested to see if anyone else steps forward with more information, but as far as my opinion goes, I wouldn't say there is anything about him that can't be explained away by just acknowledging that we all have, or are capable of, some sort of superhuman 'powers'. As I think another suggested, I would urge him to refine these abilities, rather than shy or hide away from the fact that he has them.

He is who he is so he might as well embrace it wholeheartedly rather than try to keep himself hidden away from the world in fear.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Double
edit on 4-1-2012 by Cinquain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by undead trev
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

Lol I tend not to go around killing people usually, and seriously I know him well enough not to try...I can understand the people saying he is just full of it, their reality is their own and some simply cannot conceive of such a thing being a reality, I know different.
Honestly ATS has some right good reads sometimes, i enjoyed your story but in my opinion he is not immortal... stories like this always get kept quiet and in the dark by the people it happens to...

Reveal it for the world to know. Infact when the police turned up at the caravan they would have treated the scene of accident no? And they would have realized that the blood spatter was infact days and days old from lying there all that time. So then the police must have digged into this a little bit more

Then FRINGE team would have got involved and took over the case lol

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by undead trev

This sounds like schizophrenia to me. Have you been depressed or suffered trauma. Have you ever tried to harm yourself.
/The drugs and the institution you describe sound like a physciatric ward.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Someone else posted this story already!!

I swear to jebus this was posted by another member...but this says it was posted yesterday 3-1-2012. Either this is some internet "urban legend" (Checking snopes when I get off The thread) or you and someone else have the EXACT same friend. Or I have jumped the timeline again. DAMMIT, HATE it when that happens!
edit on 4-1-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

why yes...he is

edit on 4-1-2012 by fINEASnpHERB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If ....Narcissism + Schizophrenia = Immortal. Then yes

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TexasTruth

please stop sucking the life energy and magic from this thread...

there are plenty of people here at ATS who need to live in a universe that is free of work, family and responsibility ..

HOW DARE YOU SIR!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think he has made a few comercials here in the States. He must be the most intresting man in the world.
"Stay thirsty my friends"

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert

so are you saying this person has the ability to think without a brain but does not posess the cognitive skills to not recognize true hunger from behavior learned in childhood?

I like to hear what B.F. Skinner had to say about that!

Its not a matter of cognitive skills, its a matter of habit, addiction, whatever you want to call it. but if people cant think without brains, then the soul is just a mindless drone floating about. I refuse to believe that, because then there would be no TRUE god, IMO.
edit on 4-1-2012 by pocketsando because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Cool story bro.

Second.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by justjerimp

Fortunately I always read all of a thread before posting, so I'm not saying stuff that has been posted already and this sentence above was what I was going to post. I had to read up to page 10 or so to find this. So thanks for that and I'm glad someone else picked up on that.

Just to add and emphasise. If you have no more blood running through your body for 11 days, none of the cells will not get any oxygen and will die pretty quickly. Also apparently his heart stopped. I'm not surprised without blood, there is nothing to pump.
A side effect however will be decay, after only a few hours, autolysis will start and the body will start dissolving itself. After 11 days this chap would have looked awful.
My question is, when he was eventually brought to hospital, what was his state and did they give him blood transfusions?
I'm asking because in a later post it was confirmed that he was still capable of bleeding.

He also stops breathing sometimes according to the OP and is scared when people tell him. I'd like to know when he started breathing again after the 11 days?

If he indeed had no blood and considering what I said about decay above, there are only three possibilities.
1. He was a zombie and some higher [I'll use this loosely] power kept him fresh and able to move.
2. He lost a lot of blood but maybe because he is not very good at biology was under the wrong illusion that an artery was severed when in fact it might have been something less important so he did not completely bleed out.
3. He is delusional or suffering from schizophrenia or he has taken too much '___'. Strange things might have happen to him but his psyche has exaggerated all incidents or indeed added some that never happened but which seem real to him.

I don't entirely doubt that the OP believes what he is writing [which in itself is worrying] but whilst it may be possible to astral travel the here and now world still has to obey good old nature's laws and the story contradicts this.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by pocketsando

Originally posted by grubblesnert

so are you saying this person has the ability to think without a brain but does not posess the cognitive skills to not recognize true hunger from behavior learned in childhood?

I like to hear what B.F. Skinner had to say about that!

Its not a matter of cognitive skills, its a matter of habit, addiction, whatever you want to call it. but if people cant think without brains, then the soul is just a mindless drone floating about. I refuse to believe that, because then there would be no TRUE god, IMO.
edit on 4-1-2012 by pocketsando because: (no reason given)
So then this disembodied spirit has a food addiction?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Your story appears to be set in Australia, but your spellings are American... something fishy

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
well technically we are all immortal,
and tell your friend light attracts light and so forth, if he is in a dark place it because of a lack of love, find love and he will find his peace, it worked for me ^^, i once almost suicided and its not worth it, anger and fear are the lessons here and i wish your friend well, lets hope he fulfils his destiny and that it is for the GOOD of something. people wont like your friend because everyone likes to be important and lets face it people get angry when they are made to feel inferior, ( everyone wants to be unique and diferent) truth is we are all unique and we all have a part to play in this reality, some know it , some dont. welcome to my reality for it is also a part of yours.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
With a name like "undead trev" I also wonder if not only whether the story is crap, but whether the OP himself has some sort of split personality disorder.

I've ruled out it being a writing exercise, for obvious reasons

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join