It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my friend immortal? [fictional story: hoax]

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by grubblesnert

Originally posted by pocketsando

so are you saying this person has the ability to think without a brain but does not posess the cognitive skills to not recognize true hunger from behavior learned in childhood?

I like to hear what B.F. Skinner had to say about that!

Its not a matter of cognitive skills, its a matter of habit, addiction, whatever you want to call it. but if people cant think without brains, then the soul is just a mindless drone floating about. I refuse to believe that, because then there would be no TRUE god, IMO.
edit on 4-1-2012 by pocketsando because: (no reason given)
So then this disembodied spirit has a food addiction?

Well i didn't come here to antagonize, sorry to burst your bubble.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by undead trev

Since you are asking, I take it you have doubts. Trust them.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I'm wondering how old he is now or what year was he born?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

really?

do ya think?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Good story, I like it, and I'm going to treat as just that, a good story. But for the case of the internet, let's assume it's real. Who the F knows, there are some very strange things that happen in this world, I being witness to many things that simply cannot be explained.

So again, let's assume it's real, and deal with the issue of immortality. I've never understood carnal immortality, doesn't that mean that your body would age much slower than normal? I mean, is this said immortal supposed to grow at the same rate as a normal human? Would an immortal child of 5 years of age look the same as a normal child? Would the body grow into it's 20s-looking and stop there, or would you just get old like everyone else and get more and more wrinkled? It just doesn't make sense.

If one's body is getting old (old angry hippie reference) doesn't that mean that it's subject to breaking and wearing down of tissue and something like a severed throat be an acceleration of the tissue destruction?

BTW, you've sort of described Wolverine in your story
I would love to see ANY and I mean ANY type of proof that this person exists.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerisa

No probs but this thread made me think of the film and also a jellyfish so I posted about that too. I enjoyed the film also one for the ats crowd to watch and enjoy I feel.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

so are you saying this person has the ability to think without a brain but does not posess the cognitive skills to not recognize true hunger from behavior learned in childhood?

I like to hear what B.F. Skinner had to say about that!

Its not a matter of cognitive skills, its a matter of habit, addiction, whatever you want to call it. but if people cant think without brains, then the soul is just a mindless drone floating about. I refuse to believe that, because then there would be no TRUE god, IMO.
edit on 4-1-2012 by pocketsando because: (no reason given)
So then this disembodied spirit has a food addiction?

Well i didn't come here to antagonize, sorry to burst your bubble.
and you obviously didn't come here to be sensible.
Keep putting the nonsense out there and I'll keep poking you.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

and you obviously didn't come here to be sensible.
Keep putting the nonsense out there and I'll keep poking you.

go ahead, i have better ways of managing my time then "poking" people. I believe the soul lives forever, and anythings possible. so "poke" as much as you want, i will never close my mind. At least I'm trying to make points rather then tear others down.

But I'm done posting on this thread, anyway.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

really?

do ya think?

No, I spend my spare time thinking something and writing down the complete opposite.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Geeza nice one for the op interesting if hard to believe.

Ok im willing to suspend disbelief....First of all please tell your friend that i feel for him,sounds like a lonely existence.

Second, Tell him good luck with his serch for his purpose in life,the way things are going we are going to need all the help we can get.

Also just ignore all the rude comments,some people have no manners.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pocketsando

If you look at the beginning of our banter you will notice it was you who initiated our dialog. I found your initial response,quite frankly, absurd. The subsequent response to the light hearted question I posed to you was Illogical, not thought out and defensive. Now, your sign off/tell off response paints you as thin skinned and completely incapable of getting my point. It was not my intention to attack you and certainly not my intention to "tear others down" (the later being shown to be true by my total lack of responses to anyone other than yourself).
I'm sure we will see/read each other again via the different threads posted on ATS. I will respond to your post if I see fit. My responses will fair and honest and I hope humorous and/or complimetary. But, they will be honest

No hard feelings, Grubblesnert

edit on 4-1-2012 by grubblesnert because: remenbered I forgot sumtin'

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowScholar

Hello, I spent a long time in afghanistan, about 8 years total. You meet and get to know a lot of people and see them time and time again as they rotate in and out as well as move between Afghanistan and Iraq. With that being said, I had heard from some people that there was indeed historical artifacts found. I was led o believe that we found them in sadams personal stash of important #! I was also led to believe that it was Christian artifacts! However, now that the war has played out in Iraq and its known there were NO WMDs and we really had no reason to attack Iraq other than te atrocities that he committed against his own people (we already knew this and attacked once before) and we never took their oil which I personally thought was the real reason for going into Iraq, there's really nothing that makes sense. I've heard different theories, but what better way to dig & excavate wherever and for as long as needed than to start a war, blame it on terror & takeover the country. Now that makes sense.

Again, if you believe all the astrologists and the facts that are able to be proven and that the annanaki were real as well as this brown dwarf heading our way that will lead us into phase 5 of the Mayan calendar which is a new beginning... Then it absolutely would fit and make sense. There were hundreds of excavations taking place allowed by sadam prior to our invasion. There are reports that artifacts were being uncovered that could possibly change the world. If our government knew about the possibility of locating something of importance then what better way of securing it without allowing the rest of the governments to learn about it.

I mean think about this, they found a computer an actual computer that had intricate gears that were more sophisticated than a Swiss watch 2000 BC located south of Greece! FACT!!

It only makes sense that we should listen and pay attention to the history presented before us!

On a side note, I absolutely talked to a apache pilot that was tickled pink in late winter 2005 that said Osama bin laden was found dead in a cave!!! I was on a FOB known as rocket city and a lot of soldiers. High in rank were all happy and reporting this information. So the conspiracy about all the SF asking questions about the raid and kill of laden requires a whistleblower from within because I know and believe be was dead in 2005. It's a convenient time though, election year! So the government definitely lies and sucks!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by undead trev
Jesus survived physical death so they say, and hey I think one or two believe it, so why not someone else....

Just to clarify,

Jesus was dead and in the ground with no life in him for 3 days and 3 nights (72 full hours), and then God Almighty resurrected his dead body into a perfect spiritual body that will live forever. He did NOT survive death, he had to die, but death is not the end of God's plan. Jesus Christ did nothing by himself, it is his Father that does the works.

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

reply to post by RatoAstuto

Sorry, I wish he would but he has no interest in proving anything, he doesn't care what some stranger thinks and really was not that keen on me posting this,

I was reading to this point. Now I'm done. This post makes me feel like this is just another person trying to have some fun on ATS. Happens all the time as I'm sure many of us have seen. "I got this awesome truth, based on facts, and I am in no way going to prove it cause proving it doesn't matter to me. Believe or not, I don't care."

One of the first signs is when they say, "ask questions but be nice about it. So and so won't tolerate any negative attitudes." That's a hint to me. They won't allow real questions that put holes in their story.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

reply to post by pocketsando

If you look at the beginning of our banter you will notice it was you who initiated our dialog. I found your initial response,quite frankly, absurd. The subsequent response to the light hearted question I posed to you was Illogical, not thought out and defensive. Now, your sign off/tell off response paints you as thin skinned and completely incapable of getting my point. It was not my intention to attack you and certainly not my intention to "tear others down" (the later being shown to be true by my total lack of responses to anyone other than yourself).
I'm sure we will see/read each other again via the different threads posted on ATS. I will respond to your post if I see fit. My responses will fair and honest and I hope humorous and/or complimetary. But, they will be honest

No hard feelings, Grubblesnert

edit on 4-1-2012 by grubblesnert because: remenbered I forgot sumtin'

Well I have to respond to that. I understand I can be a little thick headed sometimes, and I'm not necessarily saying i believe this person, i was just speculating how it MIGHT be possible, as unlikely as it seems.

But of course, no hard feelings

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I knew a man once I thought was immortal.

When he fell out of a crain the docs said he was 'lucky' to have survived, but he would never walk again... soon after he walked out of the hospital. The docs said his back was so badly hurt he would be in a wheelchair soon but he never did and his back never troubled him again.

after that he became a rather succesful businesman and soon he showed to have a natural gift to deal with other people, he often said he just knew what they wanted and therefor he was always one step ahead of them. Many wondered how he did what he did.

He'd been in many car accidents and never gotten a scratch. One time he smashed his car into another one, when he regained conscious, the motorblock was where the trunk used to be.... with him on top of it and without a scratch. It's a mistery how he got there....

Later in life he began to drink and was an alcoholic for over 30 years. He always refused to see a doctor, mostly because every doc he saw told him his liver was in bad shape after all that drinking and he wouldn't live much longer. Or that his longs were in bad shape from smoking two packs a day...

Then he started to turn away from society and rather kept on his own. He said the government was 'deceiving' him and trying to make things hard for him but he never explained the details about that.

One time his kidneys started working badly and his body held water, they said he was dying... but a month later he was completely healed. Some time after that he got an amonia and again they said he was going to die.... a few weeks later he was fine again.

In the end it turned out that he had a tumor in his sinus that had been there for at least 8 years and it never gave him problems.
It wasn't untill doctors started poking in his body, removed the tumor and his eye with it, made a huge hole in his back,... that the cancer spread.
eventually he died of kidney faillure.
The most odd thing was that his liver turned out to be fine, as well as his lungs. Another 'miracle' because, according to the doc, with his smoking and drinking history, this was almost impossible....

This man was my father and in the 33 years that I've know him I often said he was 'immortal' or invincible and I heard other people say that out loud more then once.
I think, due to his many miracle survivings, he (almost) believed it himself, he couldn't understand why he kept on surviving while, statistically he should have died a long time ago.

but guess what, no one is immortal... I agree that we are all here for a reason (that is my spiritual belief) but in the end we all die...

I enjoyed reading the OP though
my regards to your friend

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Highlander....cut his head off...that should fix it.

2nd

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Just finished reading the original post, and it's a very interesting piece. Not sure if I can take it for more than it's worth (your word), but I'll skim over the 12 pages of replies a little later. Nice work at grabbing our attention. ;]

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Sounds very much like an Indigo Child!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD

Jesus survived physical death so they say, and hey I think one or two believe it, so why not someone else....

Just to clarify,

Jesus was dead and in the ground with no life in him for 3 days and 3 nights (72 full hours), and then God Almighty resurrected his dead body into a perfect spiritual body that will live forever. He did NOT survive death, he had to die, but death is not the end of God's plan. Jesus Christ did nothing by himself, it is his Father that does the works.

God Bless,

If god resurrected him, then Jesus was a man who died, right? So Jesus C can't be god, so he is the son of god (his father does the work), that would make him a man again, not god. So that would leave his father, who also can't be god but he did the work, carrying out gods plan?

*phew*

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join