It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Mayan Elders are Saying About 2012

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Legend121

In this instance he has provided a basis for his claim & provides an outline to such on his site. Yet again its fallen on deaf ears.

People with even a basic knowledge of physics can quickly see that Geryl has no understanding.

however he has done his research

False. Geryl makes it abundantly clear he has done little or no research. Being unable to understand the meaning of basic terms shows he did little or no research.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

You would have to be living under a rock not to realise whats happening to our world.

Apophenia strikes again.

As for the myans 2012, is it the endday?

The Mayans make no statements about that time.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Our oceans are 90% & our fresh water is 80% deadwater.

Where did you get those numbers from. I doubt they are correct or even close.

half the world is dying from starvation

Not true.

the other half from obesity

Not true.

radiation is poisoning our earth

not true

Our world is dying whether you want to believe it or not.

not true

That is a partial list of big mistakes. None of that has anything to do with the Mayan elders.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Patrick Geryl relies on the gullible for his bread and butter.

Here is a real Mayan expert discussing yet another prophet of nonsense: Geryl.
haecceities.wordpress.com...

The following article discusses the fact over the last 200 million years the maximum rate of pole shift was a whopping "30 to 50 km/Myr"
adsabs.harvard.edu...

Claims such as the ludicrous rates suggested by frauds such as Geryl are obvious fallacies since no such event has happened over the last 200My.
i never provided a u-tube source. As such i need to take this as a reflection on your skill basis. If you cant correctly process info in a simple post, & refer to what isnt there, i therefore need to assume that no doubt your research skills are of the same quality. I already stated morganas observatory has articles on the maps etc, or try goole, wikipedia. This again reinforces my initial statement. National geograph, nasa etc are reliable sources. It is arrogant to assume that you know all the information out there in a single site, let alone the world wide web, but whatever! How bout i try something easy for, japans land mass shifted 4 mtrs following the quake/tsunami... Now you can go to work trying to find a source that fits in with your mindset to debunk it.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

The following article discusses the fact over the last 200 million years the maximum rate of pole shift was a whopping "30 to 50 km/Myr"
adsabs.harvard.edu...

Claims such as the ludicrous rates suggested by frauds such as Geryl are obvious fallacies since no such event has happened over the last 200My.
i never provided a u-tube source. As such i need to take this as a reflection on your skill basis. If you cant correctly process info in a simple post, & refer to what isnt there, i therefore need to assume that no doubt your research skills are of the same quality. I already stated morganas observatory has articles on the maps etc, or try goole, wikipedia. This again reinforces my initial statement. National geograph, nasa etc are reliable sources. It is arrogant to assume that you know all the information out there in a single site, let alone the world wide web, but whatever! How bout i try something easy for, japans land mass shifted 4 mtrs following the quake/tsunami... Now you can go to work trying to find a source that fits in with your mindset to debunk it.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

adsabs.harvard.edu...

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

You would have to be living under a rock not to realise whats happening to our world.

Apophenia strikes again.

so you‘re obviously living under a rock. Let me guess.. 3mile, chenobyl, fukishima are figments of our imagination & never actually happened. The radiation released is actually good for us & think of all that $$ we‘ll save on beauty & skin care stuff, coz of that natural glo it will give our skin. Flourides good for our teeth & keeps our pituatry gland in top form. Theres no evidence to show that arsnic in our food or mecury in our fish may be unhealthy. There hasnt been widespread extinctions, its just the process of natural selection at work. As you werent there to see it happen obviously 100+ of worlds leading scientists petitioning the UN with a warning for the world is just a phallacy & blah, blah, blah... You hold all the answers & of course you‘re so much smarter than a panel of leading scientists that know # next to you. The myans didnt carve anything into stone, and of course what would they know anyway. They were just a bunch of primates who worshipped goatheads & werent stupid enough to invent things like atom bombs coz we are sooo superior. Nor did they recently discover yet another stone carving refering to 21.12.2012... Fact: The original was damaged-all we know is ‘something‘ is going to happen. However in context with other myan findings, its unlikely that ‘something‘ is simply the calender reseting to the beginning. The inca also came down from their mountain hideaway with their own message, thats equally profound yet there doesnt seem to be much chatter about then. Of course thats just a well-timed random event.. Just keep telling yourself whatever makes you happy! Please supply sources!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

dutch trying to explain in english & dutch being translated to english... Potential issues

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Apophenia strikes again.

can you actually provide anything anything more than consistently regugitating the same dictionary definition time & again as evidence you‘re right. can you please offer facts, evidence & sources to support your claim about myans, rather than simply state your theory as fact. You may not realise this but just because you say it, doesnt make it so. Think i will follow suit with with previous poster, & agree to disagree, as you seem to be argueing just for sake of argueing. You are selectively targeting bits & pieces, and trying to use the same dictionary term over again as proof you‘re right & everyone else is wrong. Its getting tiresome. We get it already... Its very impressive that you have learnt a very big new word - keep up the good work!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Our oceans are 90% & our fresh water is 80% deadwater.

Where did you get those numbers from. I doubt they are correct or even close.

half the world is dying from starvation

Not true.

the other half from obesity

Not true.

radiation is poisoning our earth

not true

Our world is dying whether you want to believe it or not.

not true

That is a partial list of big mistakes. None of that has anything to do with the Mayan elders.

what no dictionary definitions? well known scientific facts and if you dont even know such basic facts then what a waste of breath & time... Bored already!! instead of what you are doing... Perhaps your time could be better utilised learning about the world you live in... Sigh!!

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

There actually is only one reference to the beginning of the 14th baktun. What was claimed by be a second reference was merely an attempt by the Mexican government to increase tourism. The date on the brick that was found is not even a Long Count date. It is a Calendar Round date, which repeats every 52 years. In fact the Calendar Round date on this brick doesn't even match up with the Calendar Round date for 13.0.0.0.0.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

i never provided a u-tube source.

I never mention you tube in what you quoted. Also u-tube is a manufacturer of tubes. "As such i need to take this as a reflection on your skill basis."

You did not provide any links to reliable sources such as National Geographic that lend support to any of the claims of that charlatan Geryl. So please don't pretend you did.

How bout i try something easy for, japans land mass shifted 4 mtrs following the quake/tsunami...

Were you to read the material you would learn that there was no "shift" of Japan's land mass of that magnitude. A portion of the land moved. That is not the largest land mass movement ever due to a quake. See the 1964 Alaska quake.

You provided no source for your claim. What you did do is misrepresent what happened. That is what Gerl the fraud does.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
debunkers are struggling with this world...

lol

they will not be able to hang on much longer...

frequency on this world is rising

relax and allow

let go,

let go,

let go,

big revelations coming out this year

thank you

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

so you‘re obviously living under a rock. Let me guess.. 3mile, chenobyl, fukishima are figments of our imagination & never actually happened.

1. The claim is that the world is being poisoned. The release events at nukes have not poisoned the world. Your claim is false.
2. Silly straw man arguments are irrelevant
3. Fluorides are good for our teeth - one right
4. Straw man arguments about extinctions are irrelevants
5. The Mayans didn't carve stone - False, please learn about the Mayans

They were just a bunch of primates who worshipped goatheads

You make extreme overt racial comments. That's very sad.

6. The new reference to 2012 is not a long count date.
7. There are no predictions or prophecies associated with the end of the long count.

Please supply sources!

Yes, please supply sources for your list of false claims and please explain to everything why you are a racist.
edit on 8-1-2012 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

dutch trying to explain in english & dutch being translated to english... Potential issues

A laughable explanation for Geryl's uneducated discussion of physics.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

can you actually provide anything anything more than consistently regugitating the same dictionary definition time & again as evidence you‘re right. can you please offer facts, evidence & sources to support your claim about myans, rather than simply state your theory as fact. You may not realise this but just because you say it, doesnt make it so. Think i will follow suit with with previous poster, & agree to disagree, as you seem to be argueing just for sake of argueing. You are selectively targeting bits & pieces, and trying to use the same dictionary term over again as proof you‘re right & everyone else is wrong. Its getting tiresome. We get it already... Its very impressive that you have learnt a very big new word - keep up the good work!

Please provide any evidence whatsoever for your positions. You have not.
Providing nothing and expecting something in return is not going to happen.

PS theory is not fact. Theories are based on facts. I do not use theory as it is used in the vernacular.

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

what no dictionary definitions? well known scientific facts and if you dont even know such basic facts then what a waste of breath & time... Bored already!! instead of what you are doing... Perhaps your time could be better utilised learning about the world you live in... Sigh!!

You made a list of claims without sources.

You claimed that 90% of the oceans and 80% of the freshwater is deadwater. Source please.

You claimed half the world is dying from starvation. Source please.

You claimed the other half is dying from obesity. Source please.

You claimed radiation is poisoning our world. Source please.

You claimed that our world is dying. Source please.

I believe that you made all of these up. These are your claims. These are actually all false statements made in a one of a long line of unsupported demagogic posts.

I am calling your bluff on all of these claims. They are false. You know they are false.

I am calling your bluff on all of these claims.
Please post sources.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
the last word is....love

thank you all..

remember my brothers and sisters, you are awesome spiritual beings of love & light...

2012.....energy/frequency marker...

energy is flowing to us all...

relax and let it flow through you...

would you like to see an angel?

look in the mirror

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

reply to post by artistpoet

What is there to debate? There is no evidence whatsoever for an advance civilization that was destroyed.

That is not true and just your opinion - I guess you think the Giza pyramids were built as tombs for Pharoahs also.
edit on 9-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join