posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Legend121

Who are you replying to?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by artistpoet

That makes sense. When you use a word in a manner in which it is not commonly used you should tell people that up front. The Dark Rift, as used by astronomers, has nothing to do with the events at the center of the Milky Way. Also there is no rift at the center of the Milky Way.

Who truly knows what the Ancient Egyptians knew

They didn't know about galaxies. They didn't know about planets except for the ones that can be seen with the unaided eye. They didn't know about solar flares.

Who knows what our ancient forebare truly knew or did not know.

We can tell to some degree by what they had and what they wrote.

The idea of galaxies is recent in human history going back only a few centuries. That notion comes well after the invention of the telescope.

Not sure if your correct when saying the dark pipe shaped rift has nothing to do with our Galactic Centre. Sure it is not the centre - It is interstellar material which masks us from viewing the centre but this interstallar material is caused by such things as super nova remnants and some may be attributed to the very active centre. By which I mean the density of stars of all natures is uncommonly high - I am not sure of the exact physics but I know that many many stars are packed into an area no larger than our solar system.

Also your standpoint that Ancients knew nothing of Galaxies is an establishment idea that says these people were primitive pagans than worshipped animal headed pagan type gods which in reality is utter rubbish.
There is much evidence to support the idea of a prior highly advanced civilisation which was destroyed by either mis use of technology or massive Earth upheavels.

I know you will undoubtedly disagree but I respect that and rather than get bogged down I will agree to disagree.

edit on 7-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)
edit on 7-1-2012 by artistpoet because: FRAUDIAN SLIP

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The conditions at the center of the galaxy are not related to the clouds that lie between us and the galaxy. An example of this is that the clouds are dark. There is insufficient energy falling on the clouds to cause them to glow.

Also your standpoint that Ancients knew nothing of Galaxies is an establishment idea that says these people were primitive pagans than worshipped animal heade pagan type gods which in reality is utter rubbish.

That's ridiculously wrong. The ancients were as smart as we are. They were modern humans. They simply did not have the tools or the background we have today.

There is much evidence to support the idea of a prior highly advanced civilisation which was destroyed by either mis use of technology or massive Earth upheavels.

Actually there is zero evidence.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The conditions at the center of the galaxy are not related to the clouds that lie between us and the galaxy. An example of this is that the clouds are dark. There is insufficient energy falling on the clouds to cause them to glow.

Also your standpoint that Ancients knew nothing of Galaxies is an establishment idea that says these people were primitive pagans than worshipped animal heade pagan type gods which in reality is utter rubbish.

That's ridiculously wrong. The ancients were as smart as we are. They were modern humans. They simply did not have the tools or the background we have today.

Actually there is zero evidence.

Like I said I will agree to disagree or we could be debating this well into 2013

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

zero evidence? Please then explain the maps used by columbus etc that pre-dated the ice age which proved advanced map making skills, navigation, trade routes & being able to travel by sea across the ocean, theres also the ancient greek navigational computer, the list goes on. Please provide some CURRENT sources, to back your claims, as your ideas appear to be rather outdated, unfactual &/or limited.
edit on 7-1-2012 by Legend121 because: Typo

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The myan ancestors discovered how to predict solar flares.

Can you provide any evidence for this claim?

The ancients who survived told us how to do same.

The preponderance of evidence is that magnetic reversals are NOT ... It changes. That is known.That the change takes thousands of years is known. The current field is only slightly weaker...Again, can you provide any evidence at all that the Mayans ... Solar flares cannot be detected...
please reread post. i did provide sources. Can you please provide current sources for your claims. New discoveries are a constant. There seems to be many claims of theory as fact in these post. I refer to the dresden codex of myans in predicting solar flares. One such source being patrick geryl, the same individual who proved einsteins relativity theory to be wrong - sorry but i think i will trust his science over your own. As for evidence of pshift - ancient texts & current science support the reality-national geographic alone is choc full of supportive evidence. From sea beds to lava flow, to core ice samples. When samoan earthquake hit the earth shifted on its axis by 2 degrees & this is only 1 example. They have made many new discoveries about earths magnetic field as well. Where the field is minimal, like california, changes occur rapidly, people are more open minded. In areas where it is stronger, like the bible belt, change comes slowly, people dont react well to change & tend to be more cautious of new ideas etc. On 9/11 nasa detected a huge change in earths mag/field, which they believe was due to the change in conscious & feelings in responce to the tragic event. There is new evidence that debunks some of your outdated views. I could fill this entire thread with solid info, buts its freely available if you research the topic so i will it at that.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The Dresden Codex says no such thing. It was able to provide predictions of eclipses, Lunar phases, and the location of Venus. These are things that can be predicted simply by observing with the naked eye. There is absolutely no mention in the Dresden Codex about solar flares or sunspots. I have no idea where you got this claim from but I would disregard them as a source from now on.
edit on 1/7/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Okay as a follow-up I have looked into this Patrick Geryl. He's a complete fraud. His claims have no mathematical basis and they fly in the face of physics. I could go on about him, but I think the boys over at 2012hoax did a pretty good job of illustrating why his claims are complete BS.

Patrick Geryl

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

The Maya did not predict solar flares. There's no indication that they were even aware of the larger sunspots that can be seen with the naked eye. They had one calendar devoted to the Sun and that was the haab. It tracked the Earth's position in relation to the Sun. In other words it acted in the same regards as our own calendar. Of course their calendar was an even 365 days so after a while the calendar got thrown off as they weren't accounting for the extra .25 days in each year.
the dresden codex of the myans accurately predicted the solar flares, as discovered by patrick geryl, who was also the same individual who proved einsteins theory of relativity to be wrong. Refering to my earlier posts; The question you should be asking is... Why are our governments listening to the experts, in regards to preparing for themselves but ignoring the experts in preparing the world?? Consider if the world were to know & understand nasas warning not to travel during during 2012/13 as you may get stuck there. What kind of impact would that have on the tourism industry, trade & global economy? The reason is actually far more sinister, however this does provide one of many reasons they want you to be ignorant of the facts. The quieter you travel the further you get... The longer we remain calm & ignorant, the easier it is for them to get their own affairs sorted, and instigate their delusional lil agenda that they are preparing for the survivors. George bush made the largest land grab in us history for his survival retreat. Do your research & you will discover there is much more going on than you may think. Im not trying to sell a book, im freely sharing what i‘ve discovered for those who want to know the truth. What you do with the info is your own concern. I can only ask that you explore it before you dismiss it.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Unlike many people on here I have actually researched both sides of this coin. What I have found is that the people who are attempting to place some significance on 2012 are either lying or misguided. Partick Geryl is no different. There is absolutely no section of the Dresden Codex related to solar cycles. Geryl likes to claim that he cracked some code, but he has never illustrated where this code exists in the codex, how he cracked the code, and how it refers to solar cycles. All he has done is claim that he did such a thing. The Dresden Codex is essentially the Mayan equivalent of the Farmer's Almanac. It talks of astronomical data that can be observed with the naked eye and it also talks about agricultural techniques. Nothing more. Nothing less. Geryl is simply another in a long line of charlatans related to 2012.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The Dresden Codex says no such thing. It was able to provide predictions of eclipses, Lunar phases, and the location of Venus. These are things that can be predicted simply by observing with the naked eye. There is absolutely no mention in the Dresden Codex about solar flares or sunspots. I have no idea where you got this claim from but I would disregard them as a source from now on.
edit on 1/7/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)
well considering how well you are NOT able to absorb info from a simple post, sorry but i will disregard your advise there & trust my own brain food thx. Again ”patrick geryl” who also proved einsteins relativity theory wrong. I think his website was ‘how to survive 2012‘ i didnt take it at face value, i did my own research & my conclusion was that he has done his research well & although i hate what he is saying, it would be a mistake to ignore what he has to say. What he discovered was only one part to a much bigger picture. I also found info outside of what he mentioned that further supports what he is saying.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I have now looked at Geryl's claims regarding relativity and they are just as nonsensical as I expected. It's quite clear that he doesn't even have a grasp on basic physics. He is continuously mixing up concepts such as mass, volume, and density. He clearly doesn't even understand what Einstein was saying in his theories of relativity, considering his example of quasars. Throw in the fact that he doesn't even attempt to use any kind of math to prove his point and you have one of the worst examples of pseudoscience out there. There's a reason why the book was universally panned by anyone with even a modicum of knowledge regarding physics and why the book has yet to see a reprint.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Okay as a follow-up I have looked into this Patrick Geryl. He's a complete fraud. His claims have no mathematical basis and they fly in the face of physics. I could go on about him, but I think the boys over at 2012hoax did a pretty good job of illustrating why his claims are complete BS.

Patrick Geryl
well its refreshing to see someone who is willing to be proactive & actually go further than just say ‘thats crap so thats that‘
but did you also take a look at what they said about him an his theory to debunk einsteins relativity theory, until he was proven right? In this instance he has provided a basis for his claim & provides an outline to such on his site. Yet again its fallen on deaf ears. They couldnt understand with regards to einstein, so it was debunked. The same pattern here. I disagree with a few things he is saying, and a few things should be clarified as theory, not stated as fact, however he has done his research, and i have found evidence to support his claims. I disagree with what he said about australia, as evidence of last ice age suggests southern hemesphere faired better than northern, an australia suffered more from drought than ice (source-national geographic) im not proclaiming him to be a guru, but i am saying he shouldnt be ignored either.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
In my personal opinion i believe its a mistake to rely on only one particular source. You need to step back an access an overview of the entire picture. The bible is good point-in-fact. Many claim it to be infallible, yet it in fact contains many obvious errors & contradictions. However if you step back & look at the overview of all cultures & religions they all share & reflect a similar message. I would rather 1st pay attention to the similarities & debate the differences 2nd. They all warn that bad times are coming. Look at history & the dark nature of man & it shows their fears are not unfounded. You would have to be living under a rock not to realise whats happening to our world. Another common element in all religions, is that we are to be guardians of this world. Again when you see the results of destroying nature, this message is not unfounded. As for the myans 2012, is it the endday? It may well be, or it may be an event that marks the beginning of the end, or it may go the other way & be the start of earths healing process. There was a time we were hunters & gatherers but then we moved into agriculture, but at what point do we say the change occured. Was it when the woman planted the first seed, or decided to stay & watch the seed grow. Was it when man said well if you‘re gona stay there & wait for that stupid thing to grow i might as well build us a hut. Was it when others said that doesnt look like a bad idea, i might do the same thing. Was it when still more said think i‘l join you & it became a village, then a town, then a city.. But when did the actual change take place? Does it really matter or is it the outcome of changing to agriculture that counts? We know the worlds in trouble, so isnt this enough to take action now to implement change. Does the end of the world really have to happen before we each take stock of ourselves & our world. Do we stay silent or do we speak up when some1 is dumping trash all over our lawn. This is our world & it does not belong to any 1 gvmnt, corporation or person!!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Cont.. All religions warn of a bad seed, dark force, evil etc that wants to bring down the world. Does it matter if its the antichrist, royalty, an evil govnt, or the annoying neighbour who insists on mowing the lawn at 7.30am every sunday & bugger what the rest of the neighbours think?? Where does the insanity stop? Our oceans are 90% & our fresh water is 80% deadwater. Animals, plants & trees are dying out in mass extinctions, our food & water is contaminated from chemicals, arsnic is in everything we consume, sunscreens have poison absorbed by our skin, half the world is dying from starvation, the other half from obesity, radiation is poisoning our earth... Realise that it is no longer a question of if, but WHEN.. You can nitpik over the details, or put your energies into the real issue. Our world is dying whether you want to believe it or not. I will leave the ‘theres nothing we can do‘ thinking to the doomsdayers & ignorant. Theres plenty we can do both personally & collectively. We can speak up for 1, & if they dont want to listen then make them listen. Educate them in the real facts of life & the potential cost of their apathy. Corporations & industries that are corrupt in their treatment of the world can be exposed & blacklisted. How differently do you already view the world just being a member of ats? Where one person leads, others will follow.. To those who believe we can simply pray or quantum wish these woes away...god helps those who help themselves. We all created the mess our world is in (& yes some more than others) we all need to unite to clean up the mess & if someone isnt pulling their on weight, then get them moving. We can stand up to corrupt gvnts etc history tells us so... It is time to chose a side -good 2 save our world, or evil 2 destroy it. The battle begins with each of us, & the change must 1st happen within our own lives, before we can change the world. Ignoring, being apathetic, or narcisistic will not make the world a better place. When will the insanity stop? We each hold the key

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

What is there to debate? There is no evidence whatsoever for an advance civilization that was destroyed.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

zero evidence? Please then explain the maps used by columbus etc that pre-dated the ice age which proved advanced map making skills, navigation, trade routes & being able to travel by sea across the ocean, theres also the ancient greek navigational computer, the list goes on. Please provide some CURRENT sources, to back your claims, as your ideas appear to be rather outdated, unfactual &/or limited.

1. Please show me any pre ice age maps. Please show us just 1.
2. The Greek device was not a navigational computer. It may have been advanced for its time, but not compared to today.

Please show us anything at all since your claims seem to be baseless.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

please reread post. i did provide sources.

You tube is not a source. Sorry.

The Mayans were not able to detect solar flares. They did not have telescopes.

Patrick Geryl is a charlatan. Is that your source for the ludicrous claim that the Mayans could detect solar flares.
www.2012hoax.org...

As for evidence of pshift - ancient texts & current science support the reality-national geographic alone is choc full of supportive evidence. From sea beds to lava flow, to core ice samples. When samoan earthquake hit the earth shifted on its axis by 2 degrees & this is only 1 example.

You have the values wrong. It was not 2 degrees. An earthquake causes not a shift in the orientation of the poles, but a shift in the position of the axes and it is often on the order of a centimeter. Such events can lead to leap seconds over decades.

They have made many new discoveries about earths magnetic field as well. Where the field is minimal, like california, changes occur rapidly, people are more open minded. In areas where it is stronger, like the bible belt, change comes slowly, people dont react well to change & tend to be more cautious of new ideas etc.

Laughable. Where did this jewel of a hoax come from?

On 9/11 nasa detected a huge change in earths mag/field, which they believe was due to the change in conscious & feelings in responce to the tragic event.

That did not come from NASA. Can you tell us which hoaxster posted that ludicrous claim and attempted to assign it to NASA?

There is new evidence that debunks some of your outdated views.

So far the claims in this post have a grade of F-. At least in one case we know what charlatan you used for your bad claims.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

the dresden codex of the myans accurately predicted the solar flares, as discovered by patrick geryl, who was also the same individual who proved einsteins theory of relativity to be wrong.

Geryl is a fraud. He isn't the only failure to claim to have shown Einstein wrong. That sort of person who does not understand Einstein and claims he is wrong are a die a dozen. Geryl isn't the only fraud that mistranslates ancient texts. Sitchin is another fraud.

George bush made the largest land grab in us history for his survival retreat.

False. The largest private holding is not Bush's. It was Turner and he did it quite a while back.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Patrick Geryl relies on the gullible for his bread and butter.

Here is a real Mayan expert discussing yet another prophet of nonsense: Geryl.
haecceities.wordpress.com...

The following article discusses the fact over the last 200 million years the maximum rate of pole shift was a whopping "30 to 50 km/Myr"
adsabs.harvard.edu...

Claims such as the ludicrous rates suggested by frauds such as Geryl are obvious fallacies since no such event has happened over the last 200My.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join