It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Mayan Elders are Saying About 2012

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by artistpoet

So you are sticking to your idea that the Pyramids were built as ancient tombs - Ok so be it - You are entitled to your view as I am to mine.

I am well aware that no Hieroglyphs are to be found in the pyramids - My use of Authentic pertains to my saying that they were not built as tombs which you choose to differ on.

So by what you are saying you believe a prior civilisation did not exist - Your choice

The evidence is very clear. There is NO evidence for a prior advanced civilization. There is no evidence that the pyramids pre-dated the Egyptians. The lack of inscriptions inside of the pyramids is consistent with Egyptian constructions to that point in time.

Thus you have failed to substantiate your claim.

Have you looked at the work of Graham Hancock?
Timothy West?
The Earth has faced masive upheavals in the past - Why should sea fossils be found thousands of feet up in the mountains of Peru. Exactly when do you think Human History started.
Not only do I think there has been a prior civilisation highly advance but also I believe other civilisations have existed.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Getting back to the point of this Thread - Do I believe that the world will end on 21st Dec 2012 - No
Do I believe it is a completion of a cosmic cycle - Yes
Do I think there are and will be great changes occuring - Yes

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Why should sea fossils be found thousands of feet up in the mountains of Peru.

Tectonic uplift

Peru sits right at the border of the Nazca plate and the South American plate. This is the exact area you would expect orogenic uplift to occur.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Why should sea fossils be found thousands of feet up in the mountains of Peru.

Tectonic uplift

Peru sits right at the border of the Nazca plate and the South American plate. This is the exact area you would expect orogenic uplift to occur.

Thanks for that info

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Legend121

so you‘re obviously living under a rock. Let me guess.. 3mile, chenobyl, fukishima are figments of our imagination & never actually happened.

1. The claim is that the world is being poisoned. The release events at nukes have not poisoned the world. Your claim is false.
2. Silly straw man arguments are irrelevant
3. Fluorides are good for our teeth - one right
4. Straw man arguments about extinctions are irrelevants
5. The Mayans didn't carve stone - False, please learn about the Mayans

They were just a bunch of primates who worshipped goatheads

You make extreme overt racial comments. That's very sad.

6. The new reference to 2012 is not a long count date.
7. There are no predictions or prophecies associated with the end of the long count.

Please supply sources!
here i was thinking you‘re a prime example of a hoaxer.. But then again it seems im right! Im still waiting for you to provide sources to back all your claims. ‘Thats crap so thats that‘ is the debate of either a moron or a fraud. Taking things out of contex to try & make someone or something sound bad is again the tactics of a moron or fraudster. Nice try to take it out of context trying 2 make me sound racist, but the original reflects truth. But i guess i am racist against the ignorance & stupidity you are trying to pass off as mockaintellect. It seems you are pulling same crap on others wanting to post opinions on here, with the same unfactual tripe. You seem to have an over-inflated view of yourself, when in reality you are a genius only in your own mind... You seem selective in your responces, which is yet another fraudster trait. A debate is an exchange of ideas, with goal to challenge such ideas, not as you‘re doing, attacking every1 with a different opinion. Especially when you‘re simply talking tripe, with no proof.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

What is there to debate? There is no evidence whatsoever for an advance civilization that was destroyed.

That is not true and just your opinion - I guess you think the Giza pyramids were built as tombs for Pharoahs also.
edit on 9-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)
well said... Im still waiting for the explanation on ancient maps etc despite providing sources a few times, the same excuse of source plz bounces back. He seems to avoid anything that doesnt fit in the box. Seems very selective also, only providing sources if it suits the purpose... Sigh! If it were so easy to replicate the pyramides, then why have todays archetechs clearly stated that with thats at their disposal today, ie lasers, tools, equipment, knowledge etc they would be unable to accomplish the same feat in todays world, and the precision of accuracy still has them baffled let alone being able to replicate it. I think you have raised some good points that are supported by some of the worlds leading archetechs. Thumbs up!!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Timothy West?
The Earth has faced masive upheavals in the past - Why should sea fossils be found thousands of feet up in the mountains of Peru. Exactly when do you think Human History started.
Not only do I think there has been a prior civilisation highly advance but also I believe other civilisations have existed.

Again you are not providing evidence for advanced civilizations as you claimed you would. Instead you now refer to authors of pseudoscience fiction such as Hancock. Hancock is a fraud perpetuating pseudoscience by avoiding the evidence and constructing falsehoods such as pole shifts.

Fossils above sea level are the result of orogenic processes.

So you believe in an advanced civilization,but you are unable to provide any evidence. No surprise there is zero.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You have provided no evidence or support for any of your claims. You made the claims support them. Failure to do so simply tells all that you have nothing.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

well said... Im still waiting for the explanation on ancient maps etc despite providing sources a few times, the same excuse of source plz bounces back. He seems to avoid anything that doesnt fit in the box. Seems very selective also, only providing sources if it suits the purpose... Sigh! If it were so easy to replicate the pyramides, then why have todays archetechs clearly stated that with thats at their disposal today, ie lasers, tools, equipment, knowledge etc they would be unable to accomplish the same feat in todays world, and the precision of accuracy still has them baffled let alone being able to replicate it. I think you have raised some good points that are supported by some of the worlds leading archetechs. Thumbs up!!

Please provide any architect that says we cannot duplicate the pyramids.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Timothy West?

Again you are not providing evidence for advanced civilizations as you claimed you would. Instead you now refer to authors of pseudoscience fiction such as Hancock. Hancock is a fraud perpetuating pseudoscience by avoiding the evidence and constructing falsehoods such as pole shifts.

Fossils above sea level are the result of orogenic processes.

So you believe in an advanced civilization,but you are unable to provide any evidence. No surprise there is zero.

Read up where did I CLAIM to provide evidence.
I mereley pointed out reference material to some who have studied Egypt much more deeply than you and I. They of course did the hard work and research.And Yes Atlan - that is the older name for what we call Atlantis - I read that in a book too - In fact I have read many books by both sides of the fence with what you incorrectly call Psuedoscience. I know I would not trust the Zawass fellow to tell the truth - He is getting at and getting researchers and Eyptologists banned from Egyptian relics - like the the relic of the great pyramind. But maybe that is not him so much as his handlers - They say if you go along with the agenda your gonna do just fine unless some upstart challenges the accepted story line. Dont tell me I imagine such a thing for such a thing occured to a famous DNA Pioneer whoms family I know - except he told the Rockerfeeller Institute to take a march - Hence they stole his papers. A true scientist who would turn in his grave if he knew how his research is now being used - Yes it is all a big conspiricy - The way they keep the truth from getting out and brainwashing people like you with a only a thin veil of reality hidden behind deception.
So where did I Claim to provide Proof of a lost civilisation that once existed - It is said they were a pretty arrogant lot also - Highly advanced technologically - Understanding things we are only just getting knowledge of like Harmonics and anti gravity fields and technology that can utilise the Earths magnetic field or do we also not exist like our fabled forebears.
Your Turn
edit on 9-1-2012 by artistpoet because: typos

edit on 9-1-2012 by artistpoet because: typos

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

You are right for a change you never ever provided evidence yet you have made outrageous unsubstantiated claims such as the existence of advanced civilizations in the past.

Atlan? laughable. Plato is the original source for Atlantis. ALL commentary derives from Plato.

It is pseudoscience. It is fiction. It is based on falsehoods, misrepresentations, and luring money away from the gullible.

They say if you go along with the agenda your gonna do just fine unless some upstart challenges the accepted story line. Dont tell me I imagine such a thing for such a thing occured to a famous DNA Pioneer whoms family I know - except he told the Rockerfeeller Institute to take a march - Hence they stole his papers.

Just more unsubstantiated nothingness.

The way they keep the truth from getting out and brainwashing people like you with a only a thin veil of reality hidden behind deception.

The fact is that if you are not innovative you lose your job. The asinine claims about scientists having to toe the line is the sort of nonsense espoused in the pseudosciences. This claim is the hallmark of charlatan that begs people to take their side.

So where did I Claim to provide Proof of a lost civilisation that once existed - It is said they were a pretty arrogant lot also - Highly advanced technologically - Understanding things we are only just getting knowledge of like Harmonics and anti gravity fields and technology that can utilise the Earths magnetic field or do we also not exist like our fabled forebears.

There is zero evidence for an advanced civilization in the past. ZERO. NADA. Nothing.

If there anything at all you would have provided it. You did not. You know this is a fiction.
edit on 9-1-2012 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

You are right for a change you never ever provided evidence yet you have made outrageous unsubstantiated claims such as the existence of advanced civilizations in the past.

Atlan? laughable. Plato is the original source for Atlantis. ALL commentary derives from Plato.

It is pseudoscience. It is fiction. It is based on falsehoods, misrepresentations, and luring money away from the gullible.

They say if you go along with the agenda your gonna do just fine unless some upstart challenges the accepted story line. Dont tell me I imagine such a thing for such a thing occured to a famous DNA Pioneer whoms family I know - except he told the Rockerfeeller Institute to take a march - Hence they stole his papers.

Just more unsubstantiated nothingness.

The way they keep the truth from getting out and brainwashing people like you with a only a thin veil of reality hidden behind deception.

The fact is that if you are not innovative you lose your job. The asinine claims about scientists having to toe the line is the sort of nonsense espoused in the pseudosciences. This claim is the hallmark of charlatan that begs people to take their side.

There is zero evidence for an advanced civilization in the past. ZERO. NADA. Nothing.

If there anything at all you would have provided it. You did not. You know this is a fiction.

I also read that Plato heard of Altland through myth ie stories that often and do record historical events.
The story goes like this - Once upon a time a Greek fellow named Plato had heard of these stories. Being an Inquisitive chap he looks into these stories which were kept by oral tradition in many places. Egypt then being the seat of all learning whom considered younger civilisations like Greece as children. The priest scholars there told of an ancient civilisation that was destroyed by their mis use of technolgy hence hand in hand with the greater forces of the Earth there were biblical upheavels not as the Flood in in the Bible for that was several thousand years later when the ice caps retreated from the northern hemisphere. In fact there was an earlier inundation which triggered what we term as The Egyptian Civilisation who moved down into the fertile Nile Basin.
These survivors were both common people and also an elite class who had remnant knowledge from Atlantis.
So Plato goes to see these dudes - They speak of the cataclysm and how major land masses rose and fall - The Greek Islands were part of a larger area than they are today but eventually much of this was submeged leaving what we know today as the Greek Islands and very nice they are too. Of course there was much more he was told but you would not be interested in that as you are waiting to refute all I say - Never mind -

I know what your response will be for I understand your thought pattern somewhat but go ahead for old times sake buddy

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I also read that Plato heard of Altland through myth ie stories that often and do record historical events.

You read another hoax. Hard to believe isn't it? Not. Maybe you should read the original Plato.

there were biblical upheavels not as the Flood in in the Bible for that was several thousand years later when the ice caps retreated from the northern hemisphere.

There was no global flood as describe din the bible.

In fact there was an earlier inundation which triggered what we term as The Egyptian Civilisation who moved down into the fertile Nile Basin.

Where do you get these wild tales?

So Plato goes to see these dudes

Obviously you did not read Plato since that is not what happens.

They speak of the cataclysm and how major land masses rose and fall - The Greek Islands were part of a larger area than they are today but eventually much of this was submeged leaving what we know today as the Greek Islands and very nice they are too.

Such an event would leave traces both historical and geological. Where are they? They don't exist.

I know what your response will be for I understand your thought pattern somewhat but go ahead for old times sake buddy

Where is the evidence for an advanced civilization. There is ZERO evidence.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Plato attributes the Atlantis myth to Socrates who in turn credited it to Solon (I believe) who in turn credited it to some Egyptian. Of course all of this is moot considering most of what Plato attributed to Socrates is disputed as to having actually come from Socrates. I think the Atlantis myth is a claim we must be especially suspect about considering how well it worked as an allegory for his philosophy regarding government. We don't treat Aristotle's Allegory of the Cave as being based on actual events. So why do treat Plato's Allegory of Atlantis as being historical fact.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Not only do we have this chain of people telling each something we can find out that Solon lived a long time before Plato. Solon died in 558BC and Plato wrote about Atlantis in 360BC. There are 200 years in which the story could be heavily corrupted if Atlantis is even real.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I am getting tired of this - So to sum up

You believe that the pyramids were built with hand tools as tombs for Pharoahs
There has never been a proir civilisation to our own
There have never been great floods as described in the bible or Sumerian texts

I believe the pyramids were built utilising technology from a prior civilisation
A prior technologically advanced civilisation existed before our own
There have been several great floods recorded in myth and ancient writings

So be it

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

This inability to get things right is tiring. This is what you posted.

I believe the pyramids were built utilising technology from a prior civilisation

This is what I have been posting:
1. The pyramids were built by ancient Egyptians and are part of a funerary complex. To suggest that the ancient Egyptians were incapable of doing that work is folly.
2. There have never been advanced civilizations in the past
3. Global floods have never happened. I did not post this before, but the Sumerian tale does not appear to be global. There are some myths, but no global flood has actually happened.

I have asked for any evidence whatsoever to support your claim of a prior advanced civilization and you have provided nothing.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

This inability to get things right is tiring. This is what you posted.

1. The pyramids were built by ancient Egyptians and are part of a funerary complex. To suggest that the ancient Egyptians were incapable of doing that work is folly.
3. Global floods have never happened. I did not post this before, but the Sumerian tale does not appear to be global. There are some myths, but no global flood has actually happened.

I have asked for any evidence whatsoever to support your claim of a prior advanced civilization and you have provided nothing.

No doubt you will not take the trouble to look at the evidence above

And I never said a global flooD ie one that covered the entire globe.

You said

And by the way where is your evidence to back what you have been sticking to like a limpet
edit on 10-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join