It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Mayan Elders are Saying About 2012

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

It is well known who built the pyramids and for whom.

Have you ever been to the pyramids? Have you ever seen the work? It was certainly done with the great precision and tooling available tot he ancient Egyptians.

There are those that denigrate the ancient Egyptians claiming these very smart people were unable to built these magnificent structures. I am not one of them.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Have you ever been to the pyramids? Have you ever seen the work? It was certainly done with the great precision and tooling available tot he ancient Egyptians.

There are those that denigrate the ancient Egyptians claiming these very smart people were unable to built these magnificent structures. I am not one of them.

Who says it is well known who built the pyramids - You say you do and so do The Establisment Egyptologists but that does not make it true it is a theory and has many holes in it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Too many people believe what they are told or taught or see on the news!! Blind!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Who says it is well known who built the pyramids - You say you do and so do The Establisment Egyptologists but that does not make it true it is a theory and has many holes in it.

It is a theory in the sense of a scientific theory. It is not a guess.

There is writing inside of the great pyramid identifying the builders.

Please explain what holes you think exist.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Too many people believe what they are told or taught or see on the news!! Blind!

Some people are too gullible and fall for hoaxes.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

It is a theory in the sense of a scientific theory. It is not a guess.

There is writing inside of the great pyramid identifying the builders.

Please explain what holes you think exist.

The only inscriptions to be found in The Great Pramid is ancient graffitti which mentions Khufu - In all authentic tombs you will find Hieroglyphs - Non exist in that Pyramid just graffiti.
As far as scientific theory is concerned there are other thoeries equally valid yet scientific theory is not proof I repeat not proof - The premise of scientific thoery remains just that a thoery until proven which it is not.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Some people are too gullible and fall for hoaxes.

And how many times what is reported in the controlled media proves to be outright lies

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The only inscriptions to be found in The Great Pramid is ancient graffitti which mentions Khufu - In all authentic tombs you will find Hieroglyphs - Non exist in that Pyramid just graffiti.
As far as scientific theory is concerned there are other thoeries equally valid yet scientific theory is not proof I repeat not proof - The premise of scientific thoery remains just that a thoery until proven which it is not.

Obviously and I repeat obviously you do not understand what a theory is in science. Please learn why you are wrong. Here is a good starting place for you to learn the difference between theory as used in science and how you are using it.
en.wikipedia.org...

As far as Egyptian pyramids are concerned you are apparently unaware that there are no inscriptions in ANY of the older pyramids. In fact, inscriptions are found in later tombs. Your use of authentic is rather whimsical to say the least.

The existence of the graffiti make sit very clear who the builders were and who the pyramid was built for. Going back to your original claim, this is not evidence for advanced civilization. Furthermore, the construction of the Great Pyramid at Giza follows the pattern of all earlier pyramids in having no inscriptions.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

And how many times have predictions been lies? Around 100% of the time.
And how many times have people been fleeced by the likes of Lucus, Hancock, Icke, Sitchin, Geryl, Calleman, Lungold, Mckenna, etc. The answer is countless times.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

i don't know much about it, but once read of the curiosity of how they could cut and form granite with copper or bronze tools, since it's not possible to do. just never heard an answer for that.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

And how many times have predictions been lies? Around 100% of the time.
And how many times have people been fleeced by the likes of Lucus, Hancock, Icke, Sitchin, Geryl, Calleman, Lungold, Mckenna, etc. The answer is countless times.

Many times predictions have been proven to be false but 100% I think not

How many times have dis info agents proved to be just that - Dis info agents.whom gullibles take on their word

How many times have so called eminent experts of their field been proven wrong - Countless times

How many times has Obama lied - Ooops I've run out of fingers to count on

You do not have to agree 100% with anything and are entitled to your own beliefs based on personal experience

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

One of the ways to create a mockumentary is to tell falsehoods. There are so many mockumentaries out there. A common technique in a mockumentary is to use misdirection. You state things that are obviously false and then claim that the lie is applicable.

Granite has been cut using ancient tools. testing is used to see how the work might have been done. Remember that granite is a rock and one of its main constituents is feldspar which is not that hard . Another technique involves abrasives. That is how diamond saws work. They rub through rock and do not cut it as a saw would cut wood or metal. Sand was an available abrasive. Chipping with stones is another means of cutting out blocks of rock that has been used in many locations in the ancient world.

When a mockumentary makes a claim such as the ancients couldn't do it, it simply means that the makers of the film are hiding the research that has been done.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Here is a link to a 2001 article that discusses testing of ancient Egyptian tools.
findarticles.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Obviously and I repeat obviously you do not understand what a theory is in science. Please learn why you are wrong. Here is a good starting place for you to learn the difference between theory as used in science and how you are using it.
en.wikipedia.org...

As far as Egyptian pyramids are concerned you are apparently unaware that there are no inscriptions in ANY of the older pyramids. In fact, inscriptions are found in later tombs. Your use of authentic is rather whimsical to say the least.

The existence of the graffiti make sit very clear who the builders were and who the pyramid was built for. Going back to your original claim, this is not evidence for advanced civilization. Furthermore, the construction of the Great Pyramid at Giza follows the pattern of all earlier pyramids in having no inscriptions.

So you are sticking to your idea that the Pyramids were built as ancient tombs - Ok so be it - You are entitled to your view as I am to mine.

I am well aware that no Hieroglyphs are to be found in the pyramids - My use of Authentic pertains to my saying that they were not built as tombs which you choose to differ on.

So by what you are saying you believe a prior civilisation did not exist - Your choice

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

One of the ways to create a mockumentary is to tell falsehoods. There are so many mockumentaries out there. A common technique in a mockumentary is to use misdirection. You state things that are obviously false and then claim that the lie is applicable.

Granite has been cut using ancient tools. testing is used to see how the work might have been done. Remember that granite is a rock and one of its main constituents is feldspar which is not that hard . Another technique involves abrasives. That is how diamond saws work. They rub through rock and do not cut it as a saw would cut wood or metal. Sand was an available abrasive. Chipping with stones is another means of cutting out blocks of rock that has been used in many locations in the ancient world.

When a mockumentary makes a claim such as the ancients couldn't do it, it simply means that the makers of the film are hiding the research that has been done.

misread your answer. thanks for the info.
edit on 9-1-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

So you are sticking to your idea that the Pyramids were built as ancient tombs - Ok so be it - You are entitled to your view as I am to mine.

I am well aware that no Hieroglyphs are to be found in the pyramids - My use of Authentic pertains to my saying that they were not built as tombs which you choose to differ on.

So by what you are saying you believe a prior civilisation did not exist - Your choice

The evidence is very clear. There is NO evidence for a prior advanced civilization. There is no evidence that the pyramids pre-dated the Egyptians. The lack of inscriptions inside of the pyramids is consistent with Egyptian constructions to that point in time.

Thus you have failed to substantiate your claim.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Here is a link to a 2001 article that discusses testing of ancient Egyptian tools.
findarticles.com...

So these people who you say built the pyramids used hand tools ok
So these same people know of Pi, The dimensions of the Earth and geodetic alignment with other ancinet structures the speed of light and aligned these structure to the stars.
Look at the diagrams for The Great Pyramid of Giza and ask yourself honestly - Is this really a tomb or is it something not yet fully explained
edit on 9-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I am personally impressed with the ingenuity of ancient civilizations that were able to surmount very difficult problems with the technologies they had.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

So these same people know of Pi, The dimensions of the Earth and geodetic alignment with other ancinet structures the speed of light and aligned these structure to the stars.
Look at the diagrams for The Great Pyramid of Giza and ask yourself honestly - Is this really a tomb or is it something not yet fully explained

Pi wasn't known to the Egyptians. It's a typical false claim that is made about how they knew pi to many decimal places. Not true.

All of the rest of the claims you make are also not true. The pyramids are aligned with true north. That is not hard to do.

Your final request is to make an uneducated guess. It appears to be a logical fallacy called an appeal to ignorance.

It has nothing to do with evidence for an advanced civilization and it certainly avoids the understanding of the manner in which ancient Egyptian funerary complexes were built.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join