It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Taipei 101 UFO video (multiple angles)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

How about you stop generalising people? If you don't have anything interesting to add to the thread or its contents why bother posting?

Back to the topic - it would be great if one of our resident Ufologists could use some of their knowledge in regards to what this may be...Is there any way to get these videos enhanced so we could narrow down the possibilites of what it may be? It seems as if this is not a bird - I would hazard a guess and say they wouldn't have been near any firework display unless, of course, they were trying to commit suicide.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Because the object was making hairpin turns and flying very fast.Didn't you see how fast the object dropped down,then stops,slows down,turns around and starts flying to the left?

Chinese lanterns always go up.Hot air rises!That's why they go up in the first place.I know you knew that I'm just saying.

Someone said spot lights.Yeah there are spot lights there but we're not talking about those.We're talking about the really bright but much smaller object.The spot lights are see through,the object isn't.

And I don't know how many times I have to keep telling people(I don't mean the op)that UFO's are just that..UFO's,because they haven't been identified yet.Hence the term unidentified flying object.

This object has intelligence.

@ the op..It is also possible that the object was startled by the sudden fireworks or maybe even the spot lights.

And who knows if they have telepathic capabilities?One could assume but we never know.

Excellent find though!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
First off a UFO is an unidentified flying OBJECT. Light is not an object... This is nothing more then spotlights pointing upwards.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The 101 is a huge building, over 100 stories.

Any 'bird' is going to be infintesimally small, and even if it were self illuminated, fairly invisible from this distance.

A lantern is out of the question, as the wind would have to be the force by which it was bobbing and weaving thus. If the wind were that irratic, no fireworks would've been allowed. You can also see that the smoke from the fireworks do not get sheared off the building in a strong wind.

A blimp moves slow, and goes from point A to Point B. I doubt a blimp pilot would want to manuever his blimp quite this close to a flammable, explosive light show. But, I will not convince any eye to see what it is not ready to see.

2012, the year of getting ready...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by blangger

How can you not see it?Not the spot lights!The white little solid light object that drops from the sky,slows down,turns,speeds up flies back up,pauses...well you get the point.Look at how fast it goes?There is no way that is a spot light!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

HD video of SPOT LIGHTS and no UFO. oops there it is. You can see it flying right to left before the fireworks.

edit on 1-1-2012 by blangger because: Proved wrong

edit on 1-1-2012 by blangger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

So you found one angle where you can't see it lol.

What about all the other angles?

Majority rules.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

Okay I did see a dot. That is not the spotlights. You are right and it appears to be solid.
edit on 1-1-2012 by blangger because: grammer

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

actually you can see it....
right before the countdown begins the ufo is visible at top right corner of the building... it was moving from right to left.. check it out

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by p4rs3C

Yes you can, thax for making that know, IMO it must be some type of drone? I'll edit post.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

funny how nobody's claimed Chinese lantern

Well technically they'd be Taiwan Lanterns right?...but not only was it mentioned, it was supposedly witnessed by Digsy:

Originally posted by Digsy
reply to post by bobrules

Hi guys. I was there last night and it was not a UFO. There were dozens of small helium balloons being let go with LED lights attached to them.

and

reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

The LED balloons had nothing to do with the official countdown. They were going up all night. I arrived around 10p.m. and watched them being released randomly all night. I left around 1 a.m.

and

reply to post by stcaf

Here is a another video. At bout 35 seconds in you can see the balloon rising from the base of the building.

www.youtube.com...

and

reply to post by stcaf

I am not sure how long it takes, but judging by the video in the link I would say about 20 seconds or so. Also, most of the other balloons that were let go were not nearly as bright as this one and they barely rose higher that the first twenty stories before being blown away. I was in the entrance to the car park across from the Hyatt and saw many of these balloons and green laser pointers being used. They don't show up in any of the videos but I can say for sure they were all over the building moments before the countdown. It's possible that the guys in the original video hadn't seen any of the balloons because they were on the opposite side of the building, and it is also likely that they had had a few beers and were just kidding around about thinking it was a UFO.

and

reply to post by dadfortruth1

The balloons were quite small; a bit bigger than an average water balloon. Not all of them had LED lights attached but the ones that did, did not flash. They all did have messages hanging from the bottom with wishes written on them. It was like a small New Year's version of the lanterns let off during Lantern Festival without the use of burning ghost money since they were being let go in the middle of the city. The one in the video however, was larger and unlike the others in it's brightness.
edit on 1-1-2012 by Digsy because: correct grammar

well ya get the point.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jokanga
I wasn't very messed up, I was a little shaky and I had barely eaten all day. I was sitting here on my pc and I looked out the window to see Some fireworks, Then i noticed a star, I was like Yeah this is a cool star, i can actually see it tonight through the clouds. But that wasn't the case. I went out to my balcony and examined it closer. it had controlled possitions and there were two of them, I decided to get my sony hadycam out and film but when i went outside the other was gone. the one you see on the video was moving left and right in impossible movements. It
stood still as I filmed. It was about 500 feet. maybe a mile or 2 ahead of me. I'm not good with estimations.

Wow. Pretty cool. I don't think many of us have been that fortunate. Too bad the quality wasn't a little better because I'd tell you to consider starting your own thread to get some feedback.

But thanks for sharing. And better watch your back.....after all, they might be watching your every move

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
WOW! This is probably one of the coolest UFO's I have ever seen. And by UFO I mean we can rule out several possibilities! Multiple angles, thousands of witnesses, HD video.

Lanterns, or Balloon: (No becuase you can see balloons being launched in several videos only to have them go almost straight up with no wind.) This object banks, curves moves vertically and horizontally and at a pretty good speed).

Bird: (No the object moves in and out of spotlights and is self illuminated).

Possible identities. This appears to be under intelligent control as it veers off when one of the first fireworks goes off.

Helicopter? Hmmm if I was in a copter like that I would barf! Unless there is some closer footage (whoa image someone filming in the building!).

UAV? Possible but I hope there is some serious analysis to the speeds this thing is going and for the G-forces. And why did it move away from the fireworks almost instinctually instead of reactive...

Until this is done this is by definition a true UFO! So cool and fun and I wonder if it will turn out as 100% unidentified...
edit on 1-1-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
reply to post by Human_Alien

Because the object was making hairpin turns and flying very fast.Didn't you see how fast the object dropped down,then stops,slows down,turns around and starts flying to the left?

Chinese lanterns always go up.Hot air rises!That's why they go up in the first place.I know you knew that I'm just saying.

Someone said spot lights.Yeah there are spot lights there but we're not talking about those.We're talking about the really bright but much smaller object.The spot lights are see through,the object isn't.

And I don't know how many times I have to keep telling people(I don't mean the op)that UFO's are just that..UFO's,because they haven't been identified yet.Hence the term unidentified flying object.

This object has intelligence.

@ the op..It is also possible that the object was startled by the sudden fireworks or maybe even the spot lights.

And who knows if they have telepathic capabilities?One could assume but we never know.

Excellent find though!

Thanks for taking the time to explain your position. Truly appreciate it

So you're saying emphatically it can't be a lantern due to its intelligent movement?
I understand where you're coming from and why.

But I haven't concluded, like you have, that it's moving on it's own and not in some jet stream or air current.

But I have to admit, I'm having a difficult time considering this to be a small LED balloon though. And because like someone earlier mentioned, why wouldn't the guy filming this not be able to discern this to be a balloon? He was right THERE and was calling it a UFO (and yes, I am arguing with myself
)
edit on 1-1-2012 by Human_Alien because: spelling

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This is all Very interesting stuff.
there are many other Ufo sightings that occurred last night.
like these: www.youtube.com...

:www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
WOW! This is probably one of the coolest UFO's I have ever seen. And by UFO I mean we can rule out several possibilities! Multiple angles, thousands of witnesses, HD video.

Lanterns, or Balloon: (No becuase you can see balloons being launched in several videos only to have them go almost straight up with no wind.) This object banks, curves moves vertically and horizontally and at a pretty good speed).

Bird: (No the object moves in and out of spotlights and is self illuminated).

Possible identities. This appears to be under intelligent control as it veers off when one of the first fireworks goes off.

Helicopter? Hmmm if I was in a copter like that I would barf! Unless there is some closer footage (whoa image someone filming in the building!).

UAV? Possible but I hope there is some serious analysis to the speeds this thing is going and for the G-forces. And why did it move away from the fireworks almost instinctually instead of reactive...

Until this is done this is by definition a true UFO! So cool and fun and I wonder if it will turn out as 100% unidentified...
edit on 1-1-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

I am playing devil's advocate so don't mind me.....

There was a witness. Digsy.
S/he said s/he saw them launching LED balloons.
Digsy was supposedly there.

Hard to argue with that seeing we can't interrogate this person, in person....under some hot spot light, in a small darken room, sipping some coffee for 18 hours straight.......like they did back in the day.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think second to Independence Day, this is probably the worse night of the year to try to single out a genuine UFO from the crowd.

I mean, it would be great if some extraterrestrial race paid us a little visit to show their celebratory-nature but there is so much going on in the sky that it would be nearly impossible to figure out what was what.

Look at this photo of Chinese lanterns.

How can anyone possibly distinguish what's man-made and what's not especially when it's among fireworks?
I think it all boils down to what we want to believe

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
The 101 is a huge building, over 100 stories.

Any 'bird' is going to be infintesimally small, and even if it were self illuminated, fairly invisible from this distance.

A lantern is out of the question, as the wind would have to be the force by which it was bobbing and weaving thus. If the wind were that irratic, no fireworks would've been allowed. You can also see that the smoke from the fireworks do not get sheared off the building in a strong wind.

A blimp moves slow, and goes from point A to Point B. I doubt a blimp pilot would want to manuever his blimp quite this close to a flammable, explosive light show. But, I will not convince any eye to see what it is not ready to see.

2012, the year of getting ready...

Gotta love your conviction and steady trend of thought

Okay. We're back on the UFO bandwagon.

Thank gawd I'm not judging some murder trial because I'd be flipping more than flopping every 5 minutes.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by Realm52
I thought at first it could be an RC flying device with a camera, to get a sky view of the fireworks on the building.

But that's high, and it moves pretty fast, and the light is pretty big...

man know idea.

I love when people just man-up (or women-up) and admit, they simply don't know.
It sounds so humbling and far more intelligent than the people skipping over the guessing part and just chiming in on a claim as if there's no two ways about it.

Thanks. You're a breath of fresh air

Greetings Human_Alien:

As usual, friend, congrats on another good catch.

As usual, you brought them out of the woodwork. Let's look.

chr0naut

Seagull caught in the spotlights pointing up at the building.
No UFO.

Great sense of humor... almost as good as this:

trig_grl

We have these here every weekend...they are called spot lights. The bars and clubs
use them to attract peoples attention and boost business.

We politely disagree, because it is not like any spotlight we have ever seen (see below),
and we are quite familiar with venue lighting, indoor and out, having a Doctorate in Gripology and growing up on the Columbia Gower Studio lot... whatever.

greyer

I believe in aliens but I think this is a flare...

Please explain flares making the moves described below, and we might further consider
your theory.

GodIsPissed

This is not a fake!

This is probably the best footage I've seen since the UFO over Jerusalem videos!

Good luck debunking this one!That's no Chinese Lantern!

[color=Cyan]This is probably the best footage I've seen since the UFO over Jerusalem videos!

The UFO over Jerusalem videos were all proven to be fake.

However, we are inclined to agree with you on your assertion that this is not fake;
meaning that the video is not tampered with and, yes, it is no Chinese lantern.

Now, let's get to it.

Without putting a spin on the evidence, let us look dispassionately at what we seem to be presented with.

On the OP video, between 47-50, the object rises.

Between 50-52, the object travels "sideways," stage right.

Between 52-112, the object is in "free-fall."

AT 112, the object makes an abrupt 90-degree turn to travel sideways again, stage right
and gets lost in the trees and fireworks.

In the next video at 134, the object appears to "react" to the fireworks explosion by darting upward. Thoughts?

Click for full size

At first, we surmised that the balloon theory would support the idea that the balloon is "blown away" by the force of the fireworks explosion, but the photo shows virtually no wind shear from other explosions at the same height. Notice the complete lack of shear in the smoke tendrils.

Click for full size

Without making a judgement of just what the object might be, please explain the movements of the object as described above as witnessed by thousands of people first-hand and on multiple videos of the event.

If the movements cannot be attributed to seagulls, spot lights, flares or Chinese lanterns, and the videos are not tampered with - what does that leave you with?

Dare we utter the words Unidentified Flying Object

... an unidentified flying object (usually abbreviated to UFO or U.F.O.) is an unusual apparent anomaly in the sky that is not readily identifiable to the observer as any known object.

As usual, looking forward to further conversation on this particular fascinating situation.

With a start like this, 2012 portends to be a rather interesting year.

What say you?

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]
edit on 1/1/2012 by thorfourwinds because: color

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Saw the same thing last night over the fireworks in our town in germany. At first I though thats a new type of firework rocket but it stayed up for way too long.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join