It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Taipei 101 UFO video (multiple angles)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrecogPsychicSensitive
reply to post by Human_Alien

But those places you mention arent 509.2 metres (1671 ft) tall are they now? I dont think there are kids throwing hot chips to them up there either.

I have seen this every time they light up tall buildings at night.

I have used some binoculars and what appeared to be a moving light (or group of lights), resolved to be a light colored bird or birds.

It's all about the darkness of the sky in contrast to the reflected light from the bird.

Stars are so far away that they would be hard to see (billions of miles), except for the fact that they are bright compared to the dark background.

So an object that is closer and light colored and lit up with bright spotlights would NOT be too small to see at 10,000 feet.

And since you have no idea of distance to a point of light in the sky, what makes you think it is as high as the top of the tower anyway? Couldn't it be lower and closer to the camera? Then its "extreme" movements would also easier to explain.

Use a bit of critical thought guys 'n girls.

edit on 1/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by dilly1

Its not a UFO, its an FO...Why do you people have to always associate FO's with aliens. You sound like christians with jesus..

The "U" doesn't stand for Universal or Uranus or Uninvited.

It's unidentified.

You don't like it? Take it up with Funk and Wagnall and submit your own word.

Just because selfish old you doesn't know what it is ,doesn't mean its "unidentified". Are you an aeronautical engineer or something?!!. What the hell is wrong with you people. The internet has made you people into monday quarterbacks. None of you really understand how difficult it is to travel in space. If you did,, you wouldn't care about "UFO's" per'se ,mainly because you would realize that ALL flying objects are MAN MADE.

Try using some logic.

Good day.

Well the only problem there is your logic stop at mankinds current technology, try to fast forward it a thousand years or even a million if your brain can cope, there are plenty of good documentarys out there from the best minds on the planet, Michio Kaku, Stephen hawkings, which explain how "ONE DAY" we might travel the vast distances and with what type of technologies,

You think out of the billions of earth like planets in just our Galaxy Earth is the only planet that has intelligent life? hmm look at the odds, life is very common, more common then NASA or your government will tell you, but hey you just wait for them to tell you thats a fact and ignore what's in fornt of your eyes,its only you who is going to look stupid in many years to come

With the UFO...
And, "this being something to do with lights" why is it then that when it is hovering over the roof tops behind the trees its a solid light? all the way through all the videos its a solid white sphere of light?

I think judging by that fact alone, it is safe to say it has its own light source, its own light source coming from within, it is impossible for the object to be light up buy lights, As of now Its still a UFO

IMO, It is either an advanced Chinese Drone or a UFO,

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Here's another video. We can clearly see this 'light' to the right of building (watch in HD on full screen) it then goes behind building at .15 minute-mark.

But at the.53 mark, in front and top of the building......can that be the same object only now dark and solid? It appears to come out of nowhere. It looks like a typical 'orb' you see around the Sun a lot. Could be pixelation I s'pose.
And at the end..... 4:39 something seems to be emerging in the lower left. That can be a lantern I guess.

Ya know, maybe this was a visiting alien who went home last night to tell his People how screwed up Humans are. Here they spent hundreds of thousands of dollars, celebrating a man-made holiday (time) while on the same planet, at the same time, people were dying of starvation.
Now that's a story to spread across the Universe!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by yamammasamonkey
Looks like a helicopter to me. They are frequently used for observation and security for large gatherings because of their ability to remain in a general area quite easily. It could also be a drone used for the same purposes. A vast majority of the UFO "sightings" that I have seen reported are definitely drones in testing or use.

Check out the movements in this demo, and this is just a hobby craft, think of what the government has if this kid has this...Over five years ago...

Do you know the top level-flight speeds and top vertical speeds of various types of helicopters?

What's your estimate of the speed of the object in this video?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by shambles84

I do not think it moves all that erratic in fact id go as far to say on its way down its actually maneuvering away from buildings and looking to land . And i would not call it a RC toy because its most likely a highly sophisticated mini-drone of some sort used by the Taiwan Government ,who have been making drones for the last ten years .

Fair enough.

And a mini-drone is very possible. But I don't think it would've been that mini. Don't forget, we're looking at this from almost a quarter or half a mile away (between the height and distance on the ground) I'm guessing here.

Also, not sure what its mission would've been (especially so close to explosives). A surveillance camera? To make sure all the explosives detonate properly? Doubtful but it's probable I suppose.
edit on 1-1-2012 by Human_Alien because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

But at the.53 mark, in front and top of the building......can that be the same object only now dark and solid?

Nope that's not it. In another video the object dives to to the ground 7 seconds after the first fireworks explode at the very top of the tower, and is never seen again.

That dark object you see at .53 mark in your video looks like a piece of paper falling to the ground. Probably wadding from firework launchers.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by K1771gnorance
I am pretty sure it was an RC plane with LEDs taking areal pictures of the fireworks display. The object seems to have launched from the outdoor observation deck. The way it makes sweeping turns and banks is similar to that of a fixed winged aircraft.

Sure would've love to have seen them. And if they're not published today, I fail to see the point of taking them then.
Or perhaps they're for VIP eyes only. Such snobs

Are there any Taiwan ATSers here that can share with us their New Years eve coverage from the media??

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hmm, some drunk dude who thought:
"Hey, let's go take my RC plane, and strap a light on, and when they fire up the fireworks, people will film it, and my ufo!"

Just saying.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 1/1/2012 by ypperst because: double post

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by K1771gnorance

I have to respectfully disagree with it falling to the ground although it did appear to have in one of those videos. I grant you that

But check this one out. It starts to fall then hangs in space. Actually it looks like it goes stage left!

There's another video from behind. Let me go locate it. But check this out for now.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

First, with all the lights around an event like this, something very far off in the dark will not have a shape when a light is shone from it, second it was loud you would not hear a chopper at that distance, especially a drone!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I have to respectfully disagree with it falling to the ground although it did appear to have in one of those videos. I grant you that

I have to disagree with you... Actually, I just found this video and to me, myself, it confirms that it is just an RC aircraft being piloted by someone on the ground. It's the best video of the object I've seen yet.

Most UFO videos we never get to see where the UFO disappears to, but this time we get to see the object dive to the ground, and moments before it hits the ground it makes a sweeping turn. To me this indicates someone is flying a RC fixed wing aircraft from the ground.

At 0:41 you can see the object dive to the ground and make a last minute turn as to not hit the ground. I think the pilot was coming in for a landing. (you have to view it in full screen HD)

With all the different angles of this object I have found, I know I can triangulate it's exact position and calculate it's size. So far, as an estimate, this thing seems to be too small to carry any human passengers. I'll do the math in a bit.
edit on 1-1-2012 by K1771gnorance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'm still looking for the video from behind but check this one out though.

Although said-UFO is descending, it takes a sharp right at around .43 minute mark.
It doesn't appear to be free-falling rather more like a controlled descent.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think it could be the strong light sometimes shining into sky from places like discos. moving fast and making circles in sky. lke in batman a powerful light shining into sky to symbolize trouble.

but im not really sure

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Yup, I am pretty sure the RC pilot landed the aircraft. I think the fireworks made it hard for the pilot to see the aircraft so (s)he got it out of the line of sight of the building as fast as possible by diving to the ground and leveling it out before it got too low.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
reply to post by dilly1

How about you stop generalising people? If you don't have anything interesting to add to the thread or its contents why bother posting?

Back to the topic - it would be great if one of our resident Ufologists could use some of their knowledge in regards to what this may be...Is there any way to get these videos enhanced so we could narrow down the possibilites of what it may be? It seems as if this is not a bird - I would hazard a guess and say they wouldn't have been near any firework display unless, of course, they were trying to commit suicide.

Generalizing? If you didn't believe in alien's taxing around earth , you(all) wouldn't care about UFO's.

Ufologists? Is that even an actual term let alone a profession???????. How do you become a Ufologist?

What I am posting is extremely interesting. The problem is you people are so brainwashed by hollywood that you really believe the crap that's fed to you....... Then you see something sky and immediately you(all)assume its ET phoning home.

Wow

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yamammasamonkey

First, with all the lights around an event like this, something very far off in the dark will not have a shape when a light is shone from it, second it was loud you would not hear a chopper at that distance, especially a drone!

I don't know what it is but I am 99.9% certain it was not a helicopter.

RC plane (although I don't think that's the normal arena for such a toy) or an UAV drone (doing what? is hard to fathom) are more probable than a lantern or helicopter at this stage of my flip-floppin'

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I don't know what it is but I am 99.9% certain it was not a helicopter.

RC plane (although I don't think that's the normal arena for such a toy) or an UAV drone (doing what? is hard to fathom) are more probable than a lantern or helicopter at this stage of my flip-floppin'

I could have been and RC helicopter. But it flies like an RC plane making sweeping turns.

Take a look at this:

Taiwan releases its first aerial photography drone

The remote-controlled aerial photography vehicle is said to be entirely developed in Taiwan and made with domestic components. It can carry a payload, such as a video camera, of up to 400 grams, and can climb to an altitude of 550 meters.

It could be the AI Rider. Altitude of 550 meters... Well the Taipei 101 tower is only 502 meters to the very tip.

With a few strips of LED lights that thing can look extremely large from a distance with out of focus cameras. After seeing a few videos, when cameras zoom in, the object's lights seem to shrink showing it's true small size.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
www.mobile01.com...
from a taiwanese forum i believe

acelucifer 2012-01-01 21:49 #4

我去看的時候是在信義路光復南附近 信義路上的加油站前
那應該是直升機...
在倒數前由地面升上來...
我看過去的角度 剛好是從地面沿著101平行爬升...
它從地面升起時 機身就有開燈了...
若飛到一定高度才開燈我也會認為是UFO XD
至於是靠光復南路 還是 靠連絡道那邊 就不得而知了~

Google translation
When I look at recovery in South Road, Xinyi Xinyi road near the former gas station
That should be a helicopter ...
In the last rose from the ground up before the ...
I think the last point is exactly parallel to climb from the ground along a 101 ...
It rises from the ground, turn on the lights when there is a body ...
If you fly to a certain height will only turn on the lights I think UFO XD
As is by contact or by Road, Guangfu South Road, there do not know ~

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

post by dilly1
Generalizing? If you didn't believe in alien's taxing around earth , you(all) wouldn't care about UFO's.

In an Aliens and UFO forum what do you expect

post by dilly1
What I am posting is extremely interesting.

To you maybe , to anyone else it just seems like trolling .

post by dilly1
The problem is you people are so brainwashed by hollywood that you really believe the crap that's fed to you

What , and that's not generalizing.

post by dilly1
Then you see something sky and immediately you(all)assume its ET phoning home.

Have you read the posts ? , I don't see everybody saying its ET
Who's that trip-trapping over my bridge?

@ K1771gnorance
Sound like a plausible explanation to me

edit on 1-1-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join