It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Taipei 101 UFO video (multiple angles)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bobrules

We have these here every weekend...they are called spot lights. The bars and clubs use them to attract peoples attention and boost business.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed
This is not a fake!

This is probably the best footage I've seen since the UFO over Jerusalem videos!

Good luck debunking this one!That's no Chinese Lantern!

Not arguing with you but why can't this be a Chinese Lantern like the eye witness claims?

I just don't know enough about Lantern-101 to put up a good argument so I am at a loss.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I can't rule out a bird, however the object does appear more self-luminous than reflective a lot of the time.

It's also possible that with such a brilliantly high-tech 2012 celebration that some kind of UAV was rigged to add some extra excitement and buzz to the event.

And then again, it could very well be one of our curious little plasma-like cohabitators that wink in and out of our perception from time-to-time.

Happy New Year Y'all!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrecogPsychicSensitive

And you'd think the people videoing the event would realise it was just these balloons...

That's a good point. The guy filming this had a far better vantage point than we have so why didn't HE see it was just a lit lantern???? He didn't sound like a hoaxer.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that these lanterns can be seen so far away. These are just regular helium-like sized balloons, right?
I just don't see that.
I think I'd have a hard time discerning a hot-air balloon (that carries 6 people) from that distance let alone a small 'lit' balloon

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I believe in aliens but I think this is a flare...

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
These are the sorts of videos that we in the Alien/UFO community want to see! Its very difficult to tell exactly what the object is because it looks so high-up in the video. It could possibly be a bird of some sort but as others have pointed out the object seems to take a few unusual twists and turns that (as far as I'm aware) our aircraft cannot do yet. Very good sighting however - very intriguing.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
I can't rule out a bird,

I think you might have to rule out a bird. Because picture a 'bird' flying as high as this:

It's almost the same size structure. A bird would not be visible to us nor would a bird soar to that elevation. For what? A better view? Nah.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
I believe in aliens but I think this is a flare...

You're joking right? Please tell me you're joking.
A flare? With steering capability and movement like this?

Why would a flare even be there? Was the swamp gas invited to this party too?

Did you even think this out before you typed it?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I thought at first it could be an RC flying device with a camera, to get a sky view of the fireworks on the building.

But that's high, and it moves pretty fast, and the light is pretty big...

man no idea.
edit on 1-1-2012 by Realm52 because: typo

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
These are the sorts of videos that we in the Alien/UFO community want to see! Its very difficult to tell exactly what the object is because it looks so high-up in the video. It could possibly be a bird of some sort but as others have pointed out the object seems to take a few unusual twists and turns that (as far as I'm aware) our aircraft cannot do yet. Very good sighting however - very intriguing.

Now this is a good neutral poignant well-observed post!

Not sure where you live Professor, but I'm originally from NY and I am imagining standing about 10 blocks away from the Empire State Building then: looking up.

I really doubt I would be able to see anyone on the Observation deck let alone a smaller bird flying about.

So the 'bird' consideration almost gets eradicated and dismissed if we consider the height and distance of the person filming this.

I think we're down to a UFO of some sort or one of these lantern balloons (that I know nothing about to have an intelligent debate with).

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by trig_grl

We have these here every weekend...they are called spot lights. The bars and clubs use them to attract peoples attention and boost business.

You're saying these two self illuminating points of lights (actually there are three) are spot lights? Where's the stream of light? This would be acting more like a laser light.

I have to wonder if we all are watching the same video.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realm52
I thought at first it could be an RC flying device with a camera, to get a sky view of the fireworks on the building.

But that's high, and it moves pretty fast, and the light is pretty big...

man know idea.

I love when people just man-up (or women-up) and admit, they simply don't know.
It sounds so humbling and far more intelligent than the people skipping over the guessing part and just chiming in on a claim as if there's no two ways about it.

Thanks. You're a breath of fresh air

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobrules
source: www.reddit.com...

additional angles
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Its not a UFO, its an FO...Why do you people have to always associate FO's with aliens. You sound like christians with jesus..

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1

Its not a UFO, its an FO...Why do you people have to always associate FO's with aliens. You sound like christians with jesus..

The "U" doesn't stand for Universal or Uranus or Uninvited.

It's unidentified.

You don't like it? Take it up with Funk and Wagnall and submit your own word.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jokanga

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I filmed this In Mount Juliet, Tennessee, United States.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jokanga
I filmed this In Mount Juliet, Tennessee, United States.

Tell us more please............
What was it doing? How many were there? How far away were they? How long were they visible? How much did you drink?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

hello there.

And then again, it could very well be one of our curious little plasma-like cohabitators that wink in and out of our perception from time-to-time.

my thoughts too, it's movement gives the impression of something alive
the little ones are known to be attracted to these things, they were attracted by the crowds anticipation.
this explains why some people see "a bird" the mind attempting to "frame" it into some classificatory scheme will often box it as such, in more open minds the mind informs that it is "a living flying object", however, subsequent rationalization/embellishment leads to bird [or balloon moved by freak currents].

funny how nobody's claimed Chinese lantern

remember: many of the 1st UFO sightings described them as dirigibles and some witnesses even described mechanical structures, their minds informed them that what they were seeing was a Vehicle or Transport and the rest followed from there.

i'm down with baby sylph/dragon having some lulz.

nice catch OP

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I wasn't very messed up, I was a little shaky and I had barely eaten all day. I was sitting here on my pc and I looked out the window to see Some fireworks, Then i noticed a star, I was like Yeah this is a cool star, i can actually see it tonight through the clouds. But that wasn't the case. I went out to my balcony and examined it closer. it had controlled possitions and there were two of them, I decided to get my sony hadycam out and film but when i went outside the other was gone. the one you see on the video was moving left and right in impossible movements. It
stood still as I filmed. It was about 500 feet. maybe a mile or 2 ahead of me. I'm not good with estimations.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join