It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GRAPHENE mega thread - because it's technology you need to know about!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
doing a "simple search" on the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office with keyword "graphene" I got 1018 hits!

1 8,094,351 Fibrous micro-composite material
2 8,093,644 Multiwalled carbon nanotube memory device
3 8,093,347 Structured organic films
4 8,093,123 Integration methods for carbon films in two- and three-dimensional memories formed therefrom
5 8,092,904 Optical article having an antistatic layer
6 8,092,774 Nanotube-amino acids and methods for preparing same
7 8,091,613 Thermal energy storage materials
8 8,088,861 Tire inner gum
9 8,088,614 Methods and compositions for production and purification of biofuel from plants and microalgae
10 8,088,434 Templated growth of graphenic materials
11 8,088,352 Graphitic-carbon-nanofiber/polymer brushes as gas sensors
12 8,085,406 Ultrafast microscopy of surface electromagnetic fields
13 8,084,574 Carbon nanotube binding peptides
14 8,084,573 Carbon nanotube binding peptides
15 8,084,532 Silicone resin film, method of preparing same, and nanomaterial-filled silicone composition
16 8,084,371 Field effect transistors, methods of fabricating a carbon-insulating layer using molecular beam epitaxy and methods of fabricating a field effect transistor
17 8,084,366 Modified DARC stack for resist patterning

and that's not even including patent applications.

I find this subject so fascinating and am REALLY looking forward to seeing some major changes in our world from it!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
removed by poster

edit on 11-1-2012 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I purchesed a small sample of graphene

It has very unusual effects on manetism as well

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Miniaturized versions of of same technology used in maglev trains for tread of treaded vehicles and Chainsaw technologies
edit on 14/1/2012 by masonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I thought spiderweb was the strongest?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
it was weird because when i first read this thread i'd never heard of graphene, then the next day i was watching "the big bang theory" and the episode was when Sheldon was trying to figure out how things pass through a graphene sheet and appear to have no mass.

It was just a funny moment, first time i'd ever caught the word being mentioned on tv, really hope to see it rapidly expand its potential
edit on 15-1-2012 by Equ1nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Incredible.

I bet they've already made tanks out of this stuff. Imagine if we used this technology to support and sustain society instead of destroy it!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucifuge
The USA needs to point some of that $2tn defense budget at this product and get some mainstream developments going like Tanks, Bullets, Planes, Ships et al. Then we can all enjoy Graphene clothing, cars, bikes, iPhones, iPads et al.

This is a real game changer, a replacement for plastic and steel. If only I had the patent for it and could charge 1 cent everytime it was used.

Why should anybody be making tanks and bullets and death machines out of this? That's a terrible idea who would want that? We should use this technology to benefit mankind not literally destroy it.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Once I read this article I want to work with this material and find out what it has to offer. I cannot describe how interesting I find this material. Great Post!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Made in IBM Labs: IBM Scientists Demonstrate World's Fastest Graphene Transistor

Holds Promise for Improving Performance of Transistors

IBM News

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
new article on bbc website about graphene:
www.bbc.co.uk...

"Membranes based on the "miracle material" graphene can be used to distil alcohol, according to a new study in Science journal."

edit on 27-1-2012 by Equ1nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dystopiaphiliac

This would be gold for the war industry. Stay ahead of the game.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Boffins crack superconducting graphene's melting mystery.

The Register

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
bumping this thread! Could you imagine the implications of using Graphine in a 3d printer? This would revolutionize the world. The ability to make indestructible objects for free on a printer in your home!

I can not wait for the future now!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
bumping this thread! Could you imagine the implications of using Graphine in a 3d printer? This would revolutionize the world. The ability to make indestructible objects for free on a printer in your home!

I can not wait for the future now!

Even more so think about this. One day it will replace Steel, Silicon and Plastic - everything around you is composed of one of these three vital materials. It''s impossible to comprehend just how important this material will become.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Science Daily: Faster, More Sensitive Photodetector Created by Tricking Graphene

Too bad money and "Security" (aka control) spur everything along, but many wonderful positive changes will occur due to graphene as well!

Researchers at the Center for Nanophysics and Advanced Materials of the University of Maryland have developed a new type of hot electron bolometer a sensitive detector of infrared light, that can be used in a huge range of applications from detection of chemical and biochemical weapons from a distance and use in security imaging technologies such as airport body scanners, to chemical analysis in the laboratory and studying the structure of the universe through improved telescopes.

The graphene hot electron bolometer is particularly promising as a fast, sensitive, and low-noise detector of submillimeter waves, which are particularly difficult to detect.

Imagine what this could do for the paranormal genre!!
Ghost detection, should such things exist; healing devices using aura/chakra/meridian detection and changes! etc, etc. This stuff is changing our world!!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Researchers in Japan have reported successfully producing a single layer of silicon atoms - or silicene - opening a debate about what silicene actually is.

Back in April, a group of researchers in Europe, led by Patrick Vogt, reported "compelling experimental evidence for… two dimensional silicon" in a paper published in Physical Review Letters, the first reported synthesis of the material.

Now along comes www.zdnet.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Graphene - the "wonder material" made of sheets of carbon just one atom thick - undergoes a self-reparing process to correct holes, researchers report.

Graphene's outstanding mechanical strength and electronic properties make it a promising material for a wide range of future applications.

But its almost ethereal thinness makes it easily damaged when working with it.

Graphene Self Repairs

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I want a graphene water filter.

Come to think of it. Why wont they share this stuff with the poor countries where they don't have good drinking water ?

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Fifteen years from now ,I believe we will see graphene everywhere.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join