The GRAPHENE mega thread - because it's technology you need to know about!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

Originally posted by coreytheconspirator
i heard about this stuff apparently we might see bendable smartphones soon. where can i invest in this stuff?

Currently Samsung has the highest number of patents concerning graphene. One of most advanced companies working with graphene is Nanotrons Corporation, a subsidiary of Agiltron Inc, but both are privately held:

"Agiltron is a revenue growth company, presently having over 100 employees, proudly manufacturing industrial leading products in the US. Agiltron is organized into four business subsidiaries: Agiltron-Fiberoptics, RamanSystems, SensorArrays, and Nanotrons."

I haven't found a good place to invest in this yet but have been preparing a white paper of sorts... I may share it here, we'll see.

edit on 11-1-2012 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

Some interesting news about Agiltron bostonherald.com...

Federal authorities descended this morning upon a Woburn technology company that does substantial business in government contracts. Homeland Security and FBI agents raided Agiltron Inc., on Presidential Way to execute a search warrant and interview company officials, authorities said. No one has been charged, but authorities are investigating the company for possible export violations. The purpose of the search is not immigration-related, officials said.

They were raided by FBI, ICE, HSI yesterday. I seen on local news yesterday that there were around 100 agents, many were armed
edit on 24-1-2013 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)
edit on 24-1-2013 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Some more information, which I've found over the web about the graphene - it's highlighting it's wide usage and possibilities which are before it:

Just an atom thick and 200 times stronger than steel and a near-perfect conductor

Graphene's future in electronics is all but certain. But to make this carbon supermaterial useful, it needs to be a semiconductor – a material that can switch between insulating and conducting states, which forms the basis for all electronics today.

Graphene could deliver Internet speeds upto a hundred times faster

The use of graphene in telecommunications could dramatically accelerate internet speeds by up to a hundred times, according to new research by scientists at the University of Bath.

Jagged graphene edges can slice into cell membranes

A collaboration of biologists, engineers, and material scientists at Brown University has found that jagged edges of graphene can easily pierce cell membranes, allowing graphene to enter the cell and disrupt normal function.

Looking at that all, we've got a material which in some time will be more popular and commonly used than steel and a silicon is today!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Maybe about time for this thread to be bumped, so newer members and visitors can join in.

Does anyone have an update on any grapheme related discoveries or technologies? For awhile there it seemed like a major innovation was coming every week or so. Thanks for any updates.

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum