It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piggies are friends NOT FOOD!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
They go quite well with jerk seasoning too

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Pigs would eat you if you gave them a chance...

Walk into a pig pen with a hungry pig, or better yet a huge angry one and see if you still think they're cute... You'd likely lose a limb if you made the wrong move...

Don't get me wrong pigglets are cute, but the ones you eat can be dangerous...

edit on 31-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Oops, hit enter accidently. Anyway the Potbelly is by far smarter then the dogs and also very spoiled. House trained and much cleaner then the dogs. But on the other hand, I grew up (way out in the country) and we raised pigs for food (along with Chickens) and I have no problem eating Pork, in fact im cooking Bacon Wrapped Shrimp/Jalepenos on the grill as we speak.... Happy New Year to all...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by admiralmary
Surely there must be tons of other food to eat that doesnt involve cute little piggies! I dont know, fruit, vegetables, potato chips.

yeah but none of it tastes as good as miss piggy...... seriously, make some 'pigs in blankets', those bad boys could turn a vegan mmmmmmmmmm

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It's cool that you don't want to eat them for religious purpose, but cute isn't something that will put me off eating something delicious. I would eat dog or cat if I thought starvation was my only option. Besides it would be wasteful to eat the baby pigs when waiting for it to become a hog could feed many more people.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Walk into a pig pen with a hungry pig, or better yet a huge angry one and see if you still think they're cute... You'd likely lose a limb if you made the wrong move...

I would like to add that it's an old joke based on a lot of truth that the best way to dispose of dead bodies was to feed em' to the hogs. I've seen a hog straight up kill and eat a farm dog.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn

Originally posted by Akragon

I would like to add that it's an old joke based on a lot of truth that the best way to dispose of dead bodies was to feed em' to the hogs. I've seen a hog straight up kill and eat a farm dog.

WARNING - ADULT LANGUAGE

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
they may defecate everywhere and roll around in there own feces and you may consider them stupid but i don't see any pigs starting wars over imaginary borders and religions. they just live not thinking about anything but the moment.. they don't worry about the future or the past they just are.. just like all the other animals, just like we should be.

but instead we're all dicks who think we own everything because we have a huge ego and because so many people think we are all that matters in the universe because GOD made us and put us here, we think that these 'stupid' animals that surround us must be here for our pleasure.

we don't need to eat animals anymore.
edit on 12/31/2011 by xxblackoctoberxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
My friends are deee-licious!!!!
Bacon is the food of the gods...and me.

ETA: Wild pigs in the South need to experience a holocaust. They are a nuisance and potentially dangerous (Still delicious as long as you cook them slowly).
edit on 31-12-2011 by pierregustavetoutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by admiralmary

For the most part I agree, meat protein is not great for us. However because of our obsession with things that are quick.and easy now, and profitable, just like oil, we are addicts. With truth comes awareness and with awareness comes choice. I was raized heavily on meat and have rediced my intake significantly.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
im sure humans taste just as good. we're all animals, if you're going to eat one there isn't any difference in eating all of the others except for the outward appearance. if you're going to kill, dismember and cook an animal at least do it to the ones who deserve it... like us.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Bacon.....mmmmm.....Bacon....

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

by your logic, we can kill them. I mean, other animals kill each for food, so why can't we kill for food?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Then There's The South Park Episode "Chicken Lover" Remember that one, with "The Hippy" in The Traveling Library Truck. Caused quite A Stir, as I remember. But you can't beat out Old Lemmywinks, it has gotta be one of The Funniest Episodes on South Park. Speaking of Animals and South Park Mind Ya

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
i love animals they taste great
fido with some sweet baby rays oh yeah
see the problem is not the meat the problem is you have not been HUNGRY yet
grasshoppers , ants , all sorts of things after a couple days time you would find yummy
we americans are spoiled with a store on every block filled the gills
glad i live in the sticks plenty of squirrels rabbits deer and assorted stay dogs if it got that bad
by the way skin a cat and skin a rabbit and tell me which is which

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I've already started going vegam again.

My New Year's resolution for 2012.

There is only one animal I think is really mucking up the planet so badly, the Earth might be better off without it................man.

And we I am told taste like pig.

You see, we all know it's wrong if it was right why don't we call it like we eat it?

We call eating cow, hamburger, steak or beef
We call eating chicken, poultry
We call eating pigs, pork,bacon,etc
We call eating lambs, lamb chops.

If you find any of the images in this video upsetting, then you need to ask yourself why you are still eating the flesh of abused animals. If you wont watch this video because you think you might be upset, putting your head in the sand will not make their pain and suffering go away.
Show compassionate, for animals, for your health, for the planet - GO VEGAN!
Source is: www.youtube.com...

** WARNING VIDEO MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME VIEWERS IF SO MAYBE ASK YOURSELF WHY?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

We need protein and there are a lot of other protein sources ..other than meat. There are many, many people who are vegetarians and get plenty of protein.

As for eating a companion animal...that is not for me! I would eat beans and rice forever...rather than do that.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

Good reply, man is awfully arrogant isn't he/she?

We're such big heads that we just might go and destroy ourselves.

Perhaps the Earth would be better with one less species - man.

Wonder if some abductions aren't people harvested and served as a main dish on some other planet or some other dimension...........would be equal justice.

Source: io9.com...
edit on 31-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

With some B-B-Q sauce and a napkin. Yummm

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

We call eating lambs, lamb chops.

Errr, nope. Those are lamb chops. What about a leg of lamb?
Whenever we cook a roast on Sunday and we're having lamb, that's exactly how we say it "lamb".
Anyway, isn't lamb chops telling you the whole story? It's a chop of lamb....
I don't get what you're saying.
You say we call cows, cows, but when we eat them we call them hamburger or steak.
A hamburger is not just cow and so with the rest of the ingredients it becomes a hamburger that comes from a cow. I don't see what's confusing about that.
A steak is a steak and not a cow. Now if I was to kill a cow and place the whole animal infront of you, then you can say "It's a cow". If you get served a steak, it's a steak.
We have names for everything.
Why are you called ofhumandescent instead of just human?
I'm sure you have a real name also, why?

Your argument there has no weight, sorry.

I understand that you like animals and respect them.

But, last time I checked I'm also part of the animal kingdom and so I eat meat, which is absolutely normal.

So, Hail the Bacon, which is not pig, it's Bacon.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join