It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piggies are friends NOT FOOD!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Hi, so im looking through survival manuals and booklets for best foods to pack in case of emergencies, and i come across one which says tins of bacon etc!!

Now, Having a kosher upbringing, i have never had the temptation to ever eat pork bacon or anything from a pig

Surely there must be tons of other food to eat that doesnt involve cute little piggies! I dont know, fruit, vegetables, potato chips. i mean look how adorable and intelligent they are
how can you eat them

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by admiralmary

how can you eat them

Usually with apple sauce,

edit on 31-12-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Are baby chickens and cows not cute as well?

Oh look 2nd line, whoopidy dah.
edit on 12/31/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

link   
You can eat them with a little BBQ sauce.
Maybe some baked beans and rolls. Good stuff.

link   
but i like bacon soso much, piggies are good with syrup. sure they are smart, people say cows are smart too but we eat them all the time

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Well, I'm a huge dog and cat lover myself. And when it comes down to survival, I'll gladly turn them into food. I'm sorry, but cuteness does not outweigh starvation. You can't breed Pringles, no matter how hard you've tried. (And I've tried.
) But we need meat, and whatever meat is available I'll make sure to eat alongside vegetables and other greens.

Also, bacon... Even Macon loves Bacon. (Any South Park fans here that'll get that one?)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Lots of animals are cute and edible .. deer are pretty dang cute as well but people don't have any trouble eating them right up.

Dennis Leary has a bit about cute animals in his "No Cure For Cancer" special ..

My fluffy little dog.. He's so cute- There's the problem. We only want to save the cute animals, don't we? Yeah. Why don't we just have animal auditions. Line 'em up one by one and interview them individually. "What are you?" "I'm an otter." "And what do you do?" "I swim around on my back and do cute little human things with my hands." "You're free to go." "And what are you?" "I'm a cow." "Get in the truck, ok pal!" "But I'm an animal." "You're a baseball glove! Get on that truck!" "I'm an animal, I have rights!" "Yeah, here's yer cousin, get on the truck, pal!" We kill the cows to make jackets out of them and then we kill each other for the jackets we made out of the cows.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
lol hey we are just here makin bacon with macon -----i remember

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Have you ever been around cattle?
They are not even the tiniest bit smart. They defecate and urinate on their food, and lay it it, then eat it.
Maybe there are a few smart cows, but in all my experience with them, I have yet to ever see one.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink

They are not even the tiniest bit smart. They defecate and urinate on their food, and lay it it, then eat it.
Maybe there are a few smart cows, but in all my experience with them, I have yet to ever see one.

Have you been on a pig farm? .. they are a million times worse =) showing a domesticated baby piglet is hardly an example of what your average pig farm is like .. not at all! they are aggressive and go absolutely nuts when it comes to feeding time, they defecate and urinate all over the place as well, it produces such a horrible stench .. not only that but it can get to be quite toxic for the surrounding area if it's not properly maintained .. they are nasty things ... despite piglets being cute

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink

im fairly sure pigs roll around in the mud and excrement as well...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I don't eat pork mainly because I don't like it ... I prefer chicken over beef, and beef over pork .. but in the event of a disaster they are ALL on the menu.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by admiralmary

Explanation: S&F!

Yes they ARE very, very cute!

Delisciously so! Yum!

Personal Disclosure: There is nothing wrong with kosher food just like there is nothing wrong with pork products.

But since this is the survival forums I do agree that pigs are VERY usefull farm animals and should live a long and fruitfull life before dying a quick dignified death and becoming a plethora of pork products ok!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
This little Piggy went to market....

This little Piggy went home....

That little Piggy hit my frying pan and cooked right down to the bone.

Seriously.... I once did some work on a house that had a cow. It was more a calf at that age and it was cute, I'll admit. They actually are cute up close. They even seem smart until you have time to watch them closer over a day or two. Ugh... Cows may be cute but they are nothing but life support for a future hamburger.

Likewise... I love that you have a pig you are attatched to..just don't get it too close to ATS members. You may find the air filled with the smell of bacon and a missing pet.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
You can eat them with a little BBQ sauce.
Maybe some baked beans and rolls. Good stuff.

I`m on a forum full of heartless killers!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
My family used to raise wild boar for hunting and shipping to Japan.

Unlike domestic pigs which are usually confined to tight quarters or kept in a barn (Yes I agree they can be much worse) we kept ours out doors.
400 wild pigs on 80 acres of mostly bush land. The were pretty clean for pigs.

I also agree, come feeding time, they are voracious. they devour food as if they don't know when they will eat next.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I think pigs are cute as piglets, but then most animals are cute when they are still young.. once they get big, and they will get big.. that cuteness wears off ..

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Explanation: There are many other forums on ATS!

Personal Disclosure: Maybe the "Survival" Forum just isn't for you ok!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

You don't know what is good until you've eaten bacon! Soooo good! Sausage too, & add in eggs, cheese, and a kaiser roll.... delicious! I've never had a pig as a friend so I guess I'll continue to eat them.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by admiralmary
I`m on a forum full of heartless killers!

Were not heartless .................
edit on 31-12-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join