It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God cannot love or be Love.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

. . . a monotheist . . .

Except for Allah's three daughters.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Not too surprising that the Gods would shed their responsibilities onto a scapegoat.

Irresponsibility is then a trait of Gods.
Christians follow this immoral trend.
I don't look at it exactly like that.
I don't think a scapegoat volunteers for that position.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

. . . a monotheist . . .

Except for Allah's three daughters.

Really?

You, or the arab polytheists can ascribe as many daughters to Allah as you wish, but He still has none.
edit on 30/12/2011 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

You know, I could spend a good deal of time debating you, but I can tell you're being lazy. Read "On the Incarnation of the Word" by St. Athanasius. www.ccel.org.../incarnation You should also know that your idea of the atonement is a very late western idea. There are several ways the early Church Fathers expressed the incarnation: Recapitulation, Ransom, Christus Victor, and Moral Exemplar. Substitutionary atonement and propitiatory sacrifice are unbiblical and pagan.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi
Those are nice words, but they do not change the fact, that God, an Omnipotent Being, must be just. In fact He is the Ultimate Justice.
It would render him UNJUST if he were to love Hitler, the same way as the small child BURNED IN THE OVEN by Hitler.
Justice demands that Hitler must pay for his crimes. God does not love criminals. He hates them. YOUR scripture is telling me that.
And that is right so.

I assure you that God loved Hitler as much as he loves you.

He CREATED him afterall.

It is your own wisdom that sees a need to judge.

This way you can pass the buck from yourself onto Hitler for being Hitler, when there would not have been a Hitler had WE not created the world that created him.

Don't think it will happen again?

It already is because YOU cannot change the world we have created because you are just too attached to it.

Keep watching.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by solardez
Flag and Stars.

Another one of many important inconsistencies of the bible brought to light, only to be quickly shunned by so many who chose blind emotional faith over simple, good, logic.

+ 1

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
Is telling your alcoholic son you can no longer support him or be there for him a loving action? Yes depending on the circumstances.

Is punishing your child ultimately a loving act? Yes, if done with the intent of keeping them from making the same mistake twice.

Is pulling the plug on someone loving even though it will cause their death? Yes because it is ultimately done to ease their pain.

You have such a small minded idea of love.

Notice how all of your loving actions are deeds or works.

How could God be love or have known love in the beginning when he was all alone? He could not do any works or deeds and without those, there can be no love.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Originally posted by IAMIAM
Love is but one aspect of the whole.

The greatest and most powerful of all other aspects for only through love can all else exist.

Love love's even those who hate.

With Love,

Your Brother

Yet God expresses his love with hate.

You have to hate quite a bit to invent a hell where you torture and burn forever, those you say you love.

Regards
DL

But God is not "all-loving". That is a phrase christians like to (ab)use. He states many times that he DOES NOT LOVE criminals. Yes, the christians then resort to their twisting tactic "God hates the sin, not the sinner" - a cheap way out which does not make sense anyway.
In fact, as I said, he states many times that he HATES certain people. And rightly so. How could he love Hitler for example?

But then again, I am a monotheist and not christian ... what do I know ...

Not the story of Esau for sure. God hated him and some of us even in the womb.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Not too surprising that the Gods would shed their responsibilities onto a scapegoat.

Irresponsibility is then a trait of Gods.
Christians follow this immoral trend.
I don't look at it exactly like that.
I don't think a scapegoat volunteers for that position.

Choosing has no relevance to the morals of either making the offer or accepting it.

That is scripture.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Psalm 49:7
None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

If the offer were made, God would and did reject it.
Why have you forsaken me.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36

You know, I could spend a good deal of time debating you, but I can tell you're being lazy. Read "On the Incarnation of the Word" by St. Athanasius. www.ccel.org.../incarnation You should also know that your idea of the atonement is a very late western idea. There are several ways the early Church Fathers expressed the incarnation: Recapitulation, Ransom, Christus Victor, and Moral Exemplar. Substitutionary atonement and propitiatory sacrifice are unbiblical and pagan.

You forgot immoral.

I do agree though because all religions come from pagan religions.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

Immoral or pagan and false. Your choice.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I think those verses you quoted only apply to people and not gods.
There is a tradition that goes way back to where you have a benevolent god who for one reason or another has a run in with the death and placement into Hell of people, which this god takes an interest in for one reason or another, and ends up dead and in Hell himself, but manages to come back from this place with some assistance from his father, the ancient of days. This predates Christianity and Judaism and probably comes from Atlantis, or some long extinct civilization which knew a lot about such things and this knowledge came to the known world through seafaring merchants who traveled to the ends of the earth.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I think those verses you quoted only apply to people and not gods.
There is a tradition that goes way back to where you have a benevolent god who for one reason or another has a run in with the death and placement into Hell of people, which this god takes an interest in for one reason or another, and ends up dead and in Hell himself, but manages to come back from this place with some assistance from his father, the ancient of days. This predates Christianity and Judaism and probably comes from Atlantis, or some long extinct civilization which knew a lot about such things and this knowledge came to the known world through seafaring merchants who traveled to the ends of the earth.

As above, so below.

Scripture does ask that we emulate God so his rules and ours are to match.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

As above, so below.

I think that comes from the Emerald Tablets of Thoth, not the Bible.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
I assure you that God loved Hitler as much as he loves you.

He CREATED him afterall.

Proof...

Priest saves Hitler

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

As above, so below.

I think that comes from the Emerald Tablets of Thoth, not the Bible.

Perhaps but this means the same.

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

That is about being good, like God, but what I was talking about is a cosmic battle between gods and primeval forces, which is not under the same sort of rules as we live under.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

That is about being good, like God, but what I was talking about is a cosmic battle between gods and primeval forces, which is not under the same sort of rules as we live under.

Imaginary scenarios are not for sure and so are imaginary rules.

You speak with authority though so how about giving us a list of these rules. You must know them if you know that ours are not the same.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

So are your Adam and Eve stories.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

So are your Adam and Eve stories.

Absolutely.
Only the un-enlightened will read myths literally and believe in fantasy, miracles and magic.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

God created mankind in his image. Scripture refers to humans as gods. Of course Adam and Eve would want to be like God and so took of the fruit. However, they did not believe they would surely die but unlike God, we sin and have fallen short of God's glory. Therefor, from the foundations of the world our Father knew He would sacrifice His son so that we might have eternal life and be like He created us to be in the first place, without sin and eternal.

Simply because our Father allowed us to be tempted doesn't mean we had to fall short. We, like adam and eve, make the decision everyday but thankfully our righteous, loving Father has provided us the solution which an unloving Father would not.

If one will read between the lines in the story of creation one will find God made clothes for Adam and Eve to cover their nakedness implying God himself was the first to shed blood thus requiring by law the shedding of blood for remission of sins. Fact of the matter is we forced God's hand but instead of leaving us in shame an eternal separation, by grace He has saved us through faith in His son.

I'm sorry you find our Father immoral or pagan and false but truly, we only identify our own shortcomings when accusing God of such things.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join