It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God cannot love or be Love.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
God cannot love or be Love.

Proverbs 3:12
For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
If God would have loved Adam and Eve, he would have corrected them. He would not have punished them for becoming as Gods. Punishment without correction is evil and just done for cruelties sake. By immorally withholding eternal life, he could be described as a murderer.

We know from scriptures that ha-adam, Jewish for society, was never given full disclosure by any of the Gods. Indeed, the snake gave more of the facts than God did. God’s first sin perhaps. One of omission.

To Adam’s sin being passed down.
Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Strange that God ignores this good advice and have Jesus bear his iniquity. Again, no ability to love is shown.
Would you do that to your child?
Would that be acting in a loving way?

Psalm 49:7
None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

What does a God need with setting and receiving a ransom called Jesus?

We could phrase the question to suggest that only an insane God would give humankind such a poor example.
If Christianity chooses to embrace human sacrifice, then they clearly show their immorality.

A theology that says that it is good to punish the innocent and allow the guilty to walk is immoral and un-ethical. Not a loving thing to do at all.

If Adam and Eve should have been corrected and not punished, and they are archetypes of all of us, then God cannot love us either or he would be correcting our behavior.

God did not exhibit love in punishing all of his systems instead of correcting them in Eden.
Love is as love does. ---- Faith without works is dead. James. ---- Love is expressed by works and deeds.
Love without its expression in works and deeds is dead.

God is not doing love and thus cannot love or be Love.

Only ha-adam, humankind, can know love. We cry. God cannot.
Poor loser is not human enough to share human emotion.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
god is love and is nothing but love, despite of what some book might say. this can be known by experience. dissolve the you and see whats left

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

If Christianity chooses to embrace human sacrifice, then they clearly show their immorality.
Before the person who became Jesus became Jesus, he was a god.
Jesus died to pay for the sins of the gods.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
it would seem you are anthropomorphizing a concept that is, by most definitions, beyond absolute human comprehension.

fair is fair, because that is what the Abrahamic religions you cite from seem to be doing as well.

i think a fairer title for this thread would be, "Can the God of the Bible Love or Be Loved."

there are lots of other "gods" who fall outside the jurisdiction of Adam and his ilk.

many of them quite capable of loving and being loved...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
as for the question of whether or no the God of the Bible can love or be loved, based upon the scripture you have cited.. you raise an interesting point:

We do not know that such a God can show the emotion of Love... as we do not "See" God cry. as well, some of the behaviors attributed to this God, as you have cited, do not necessarily align with most definitions of Love.

a Christian may argue that that issue is precisely why Jesus came to Earth. So that God, incarnate as human, may live, experience, love and suffer as a human. this gesture, in some way, 'atones' for His own inability to "love" or "cry" as you have put it. God is no longer an distant being, aloof and grand, but has walked as we walked, and therefore is infinitely more compassionate to our plight.

it would seem this God took the axiom: "never judge a man 'til you walk a hundred miles in his moccassins" to heart.

well... not moccassins in this case, but sandals as it where.

cheers.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Love is but one aspect of the whole.

The greatest and most powerful of all other aspects for only through love can all else exist.

Love love's even those who hate.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If you wrote a poem and someone came around and let the poem know it could be like its writer wouldn't you feel afraid? If scientists made an evil-less A.I. and it was told it could be like its makers the makers would be afraid.
It's a nice lesson, that part. It means to hold accountable what you say. Think of how memes exist now, like a proto consciousness. All of this is food for thought. Shouldn't advocate any belief system. But just think what you'd do as a vastly more powerful being to an ant.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
each individual is an undivided living whole, a NEPHESH HAYYAH. USC has stolen my brain. the MOJICA family is responsible for this. SUMMON the earth. i am a hostage at HAZARD PARK. It is a direct blasphemy of my spirit. I AM THE KEEPER OF TIME. i MUST be confiscated for love to exist and the ETERNAL SIGN AT MEDJOGORGE. i am being devoured alive. they must be surrounded by the EARTH.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
the WAR has started. i Am responsible. i cannot love without my brain. I AM YOUR god of time. your gurus of EARTH ARE KILLING ME.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
god is love and is nothing but love, despite of what some book might say. this can be known by experience. dissolve the you and see whats left

Nothing like reducing God to a base emotion.

Love must be expressed in deeds or acts.

See God doing any such acts of late?

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Greatest I am

Before the person who became Jesus became Jesus, he was a god.
Jesus died to pay for the sins of the gods.

Not too surprising that the Gods would shed their responsibilities onto a scapegoat.

Irresponsibility is then a trait of Gods.
Christians follow this immoral trend.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
it would seem you are anthropomorphizing a concept that is, by most definitions, beyond absolute human comprehension.

fair is fair, because that is what the Abrahamic religions you cite from seem to be doing as well.

i think a fairer title for this thread would be, "Can the God of the Bible Love or Be Loved."

there are lots of other "gods" who fall outside the jurisdiction of Adam and his ilk.

many of them quite capable of loving and being loved...

Perhaps.
I bet though that none of them used genocide against mankind.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

The greatest and most powerful of all other aspects for only through love can all else exist.

With Love,

Your Brother

Yet God expresses his love with hate.

You have to hate quite a bit to invent a hell where you torture and burn forever, those you say you love.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Flag and Stars.

Another one of many important inconsistencies of the bible brought to light, only to be quickly shunned by so many who chose blind emotional faith over simple, good, logic.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Is telling your alcoholic son you can no longer support him or be there for him a loving action? Yes depending on the circumstances.

Is punishing your child ultimately a loving act? Yes, if done with the intent of keeping them from making the same mistake twice.

Is pulling the plug on someone loving even though it will cause their death? Yes because it is ultimately done to ease their pain.

You have such a small minded idea of love.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

With Love,

Your Brother

You have to hate quite a bit to invent a hell where you torture and burn forever, those you say you love.

Regards
DL

Hell is of your own making when you refuse love.

You have a choice.

Though the road is long and filled with thorns, it strips away the flesh to reveal the true nature of the man.

Shed your blood to travel that road, and you will never fault those who travel the wider shorter path, but what you gain they will never know.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

With Love,

Your Brother

Regards
DL

But God is not "all-loving". That is a phrase christians like to (ab)use. He states many times that he DOES NOT LOVE criminals. Yes, the christians then resort to their twisting tactic "God hates the sin, not the sinner" - a cheap way out which does not make sense anyway.
In fact, as I said, he states many times that he HATES certain people. And rightly so. How could he love Hitler for example?

But then again, I am a monotheist and not christian ... what do I know ...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi
But God is not "all-loving". That is a phrase christians like to (ab)use. He states many times that he DOES NOT LOVE criminals. Yes, the christians then resort to their twisting tactic "God hates the sin, not the sinner" - a cheap way out which does not make sense anyway.
In fact, as I said, he states many times that he HATES certain people. And rightly so. How could he love Hitler for example?

If there is anything that God hates my friend, it would be Man stepping into HIS judgement seat.

This is HIS creation your judging afterall. Every moment of it.

If God hates something, he will not create it.

Man on the other hand, creates much that God hates.

Thus he wipes the slate clean in due season.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi

If there is anything that God hates my friend, it would be Man stepping into HIS judgement seat.

This is HIS creation your judging afterall. Every moment of it.

If God hates something, he will not create it.

Man on the other hand, creates much that God hates.

Thus he wipes the slate clean in due season.

With Love,

Your Brother

Those are nice words, but they do not change the fact, that God, an Omnipotent Being, must be just. In fact He is the Ultimate Justice.
It would render him UNJUST if he were to love Hitler, the same way as the small child BURNED IN THE OVEN by Hitler.
Justice demands that Hitler must pay for his crimes. God does not love criminals. He hates them. YOUR scripture is telling me that.
And that is right so.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

. . .an Omnipotent Being . . .

Not according to the Bible or any legitimate philosophy, only in fairy tales.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join