It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God cannot love or be Love.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This thread deserves no reply but I will anyway. Your username is "Greatest I am". Going by the content of your post and username, it seems as if you are proclaiming yourself God. Who are you to judge God? You are but dust. Know your role.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

I'm sorry you find our Father immoral or pagan and false but truly, we only identify our own shortcomings when accusing God of such things.

You may also want to consider that in addition to falling short at a personal level we also fall short in understanding God.
It seems a little out of place to imagine imperfect men being able to create a perfect theology.
My advice to anyone is to question your belief system, not matter how emotionally you are attached to it, understanding we are not saved by emotional attachments.

edit on 12-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by HeFrippedMeOff
reply to post by Greatest I am

God created mankind in his image. Scripture refers to humans as gods. Of course Adam and Eve would want to be like God and so took of the fruit. However, they did not believe they would surely die but unlike God, we sin and have fallen short of God's glory. Therefor, from the foundations of the world our Father knew He would sacrifice His son so that we might have eternal life and be like He created us to be in the first place, without sin and eternal.

Simply because our Father allowed us to be tempted doesn't mean we had to fall short. We, like adam and eve, make the decision everyday but thankfully our righteous, loving Father has provided us the solution which an unloving Father would not.

If one will read between the lines in the story of creation one will find God made clothes for Adam and Eve to cover their nakedness implying God himself was the first to shed blood thus requiring by law the shedding of blood for remission of sins. Fact of the matter is we forced God's hand but instead of leaving us in shame an eternal separation, by grace He has saved us through faith in His son.

I'm sorry you find our Father immoral or pagan and false but truly, we only identify our own shortcomings when accusing God of such things.

You base your whole view on a God that is without sin.

Did he not covet another man's woman for reproduction?
Did he not kill quite often even to the point of genocide?
Did he not cause prophets to lie and is thus culpable for those lies?

Yes to all of these.

If God had not missed the mark, he would not have repented yet scriptures show him doing just that.

If you know your bible at all, you will know the truth of what I said.

Fact is, God had his own son murdered when there was no need for it.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
This thread deserves no reply but I will anyway. Your username is "Greatest I am". Going by the content of your post and username, it seems as if you are proclaiming yourself God. Who are you to judge God? You are but dust. Know your role.

Can dust think?

Try it. I know you can do it dust.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. (1 John 4:7)

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. (1 John 4:16)

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. (1 John 4:8)

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (1 Cor. 13:13)

love is the fulfillment of the law [Bible/Torah]. (Rom. 13:10)

This is what GOD is. Anything that is saying that God/Love is NOT equal to this, is not a true inspiration of God. Only listen to verses of love:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. (1 Cor. 13:4-8)

This is God.

Love is the way.

Everything else is irrelevant.

Source - If you care to look into it any further. If not, that is ok, too.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

If God is God and creator and author then He can't sin because all hinges upon Him and His desire so yes, I do believe God is sinless.

God can't covet what already belongs to Him so no he didn't covet another man's woman for reproduction.

God is Judge and knows the intent and conditions of each man's heart. His judgments are just and righteous, however, some of man's judgments are not, so accusing God where man is at fault holds untrue.

The law states that you shall bear no false witness against your neighbor. Where did God tell any prophet to bear false witness against his neighbor? No where.

So, No to all the misconceptions.

Wrong definition of repent, too. God doesn't repent from sin as men ought, for God does not sin. It repents God of the destruction upon men because of their unbelief meaning He doesn't want to see us destroyed but if we so choose to deny Him, inevitably there are consequences that you've chosen for yourself eliciting righteous judgment once again because NO man is innocent of sin save the one and only example in the history of human kind sent for our salvation.

I'm glad I do know my Bible and I'm glad God sacrificed his own son who we murdered because there was a need for it......the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

edit on 13-1-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: typos

edit on 13-1-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Love is patient,------------except when God loses patience and kills us.

Love doesn't kill. People do and life just happens...

love is kind. -------------it is kind to kill us and send our souls to eternal torture.

Obviously Love is not sending people to eternal torture. Anyone or anything saying that Love is sending people to eternal torture is wrong - that is the exact opposite of love.

It does not envy, ---------place no God above me because I envy him.

There is only one God and that is LOVE. You can place another God before it, but love is always love.

it does not boast, -----------in him I am well pleased, is a boast.

it is not proud. ----------See above.

It is not rude, ---------- It is not rude to kill humans and babies.

Love does not praise itself - it serves others, but if PEOPLE want to praise LOVE/GOD within itself, then there is nothing wrong with that.

It is not rude, ---------- It is not rude to kill humans and babies.

Again it is not LOVE/GOD's fault that death happens. That is a natural part of life - get over it.

it is not self-seeking, -------Except for a self-aggrandizing suicide to become the savior of those few who will want to profit from another's death.

It is not self-seeking because ALTRUISM is it's name. It benefits others and sacrifices itself. What greater love then that is there then putting yourself aside to benefit others?

Love is a savior - the connective force holding us all together. Suicide is not an option because it can never fully die.

the it is not easily angered, --------- True. God is not angry when he kills us. He enjoys it.

Love does what it loves and it loves what it does and all of its actions come from love... So no killing from love.

it keeps no record of wrongs. ------------- Except for all of those he sends to hell for eternal torture.

It is not Love/God's fault that you harbor a belief of a place of eternal torture.

You are an idiot who knows nothing of love.

www.youtube.com...

I don't know it - I simply be it - I live it.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

God created mankind in his image. Scripture refers to humans as gods. Of course Adam and Eve would want to be like God and so took of the fruit. However, they did not believe they would surely die but unlike God, we sin and have fallen short of God's glory. Therefor, from the foundations of the world our Father knew He would sacrifice His son so that we might have eternal life and be like He created us to be in the first place, without sin and eternal.

Simply because our Father allowed us to be tempted doesn't mean we had to fall short. We, like adam and eve, make the decision everyday but thankfully our righteous, loving Father has provided us the solution which an unloving Father would not.

If one will read between the lines in the story of creation one will find God made clothes for Adam and Eve to cover their nakedness implying God himself was the first to shed blood thus requiring by law the shedding of blood for remission of sins. Fact of the matter is we forced God's hand but instead of leaving us in shame an eternal separation, by grace He has saved us through faith in His son.

You base your whole view on a God that is without sin.

Did he not covet another man's woman for reproduction?
Did he not kill quite often even to the point of genocide?
Did he not cause prophets to lie and is thus culpable for those lies?

Yes to all of these.

If God had not missed the mark, he would not have repented yet scriptures show him doing just that.

If you know your bible at all, you will know the truth of what I said.

Fact is, God had his own son murdered when there was no need for it.

Regards
DL

This all relies on God writing the bible...

Which he did not...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. (1 John 4:7)

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. (1 John 4:16)

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. (1 John 4:8)

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (1 Cor. 13:13)

love is the fulfillment of the law [Bible/Torah]. (Rom. 13:10)

This is what GOD is. Anything that is saying that God/Love is NOT equal to this, is not a true inspiration of God. Only listen to verses of love:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. (1 Cor. 13:4-8)

This is God.

Love is the way.

Everything else is irrelevant.

Source - If you care to look into it any further. If not, that is ok, too.

Try this love out for size and re-thing your simplistic view.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

God is love, any scripture saying that God isn't love means that it's not inspired from God.

God does not kill. God is not jealous.

God IS love

GOD = LOVE

Anything else saying the contrary is not truly inspired from GOD.

Only the verses of GOD = LOVE is inspired.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

God IS love

GOD = LOVE

This is being rational.
Is that allowed?
(just being sarcastic) ↑
Inspiration would be the sayings of the prophets who may never have written anything themselves but their information was passed on and written later, where some threatening language may have been added for reasons thought to be appropriate by those scribes, people not really authorized by God to do that but were authorized by the religious authority at that time.

edit on 14-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Proverbs 3:12
For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
If God would have loved Adam and Eve, he would have corrected them. He would not have punished them for becoming as Gods. Punishment without correction is evil and just done for cruelties sake. By immorally withholding eternal life, he could be described as a murderer.

He punished Adam and Eve by kicking them out of the garden of Eden; man's first sin was disobeying a small, but important command.God did not punish Adam and Eve for becoming gods, He punished them from directly disobeying His command. God blessed them with EVERYTHING and told them not to eat out of one single tree. it was a test, and they failed, which sets up an inevitable precedent for all of mankind.The story of Adam and Eve can be seen as one of the saddest stories in the Bible. This is why the role of Christ is so important.

God did correct Adam and Eve; Adam and Eve both regret the moment they sinned. For disobeying God's one commandment, Adam and Eve and all their descendants, everyone single one of us, have to toil the land instead of living in leisure in the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve both would of done anything to return to Eden, but they learned their lesson of what can happen when turning your back on God.

God DOES love, He disciplines and corrects, just as a loving father.would if his son did something wrong. From Adam and Eve's mistakes, people can learn a lesson. Is that not correcting?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

He punished them from directly disobeying His command.

Are you absolutely positive about this?
Can you describe the chain of events exactly?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by arpgme

God IS love

GOD = LOVE

This is being rational.
Is that allowed?
(just being sarcastic) ↑
Inspiration would be the sayings of the prophets who may never have written anything themselves but their information was passed on and written later, where some threatening language may have been added for reasons thought to be appropriate by those scribes, people not really authorized by God to do that but were authorized by the religious authority at that time.

edit on 14-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

I doesn't matter who said what or where it came from...

Any verses saying that God is love is inspired and anything saying the contrary is not.

If someone is saying that God is evil or vengeful or wrathful that is not inspired...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

If God is God and creator and author then He can't sin because all hinges upon Him and His desire so yes, I do believe God is sinless.

God can't covet what already belongs to Him so no he didn't covet another man's woman for reproduction.

God is Judge and knows the intent and conditions of each man's heart. His judgments are just and righteous, however, some of man's judgments are not, so accusing God where man is at fault holds untrue.

The law states that you shall bear no false witness against your neighbor. Where did God tell any prophet to bear false witness against his neighbor? No where.

So, No to all the misconceptions.

Wrong definition of repent, too. God doesn't repent from sin as men ought, for God does not sin. It repents God of the destruction upon men because of their unbelief meaning He doesn't want to see us destroyed but if we so choose to deny Him, inevitably there are consequences that you've chosen for yourself eliciting righteous judgment once again because NO man is innocent of sin save the one and only example in the history of human kind sent for our salvation.

I'm glad I do know my Bible and I'm glad God sacrificed his own son who we murdered because there was a need for it......the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

edit on 13-1-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: typos

edit on 13-1-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: (no reason given)

If God cannot covet because we all belong to him, then why does he let 6 million of those he owns and loves starve to death every year?

As to you trying to profit from the murder of an innocent man, God would send anyone to hell for trying to do so.
You have him corrupting himself by accepting bribes.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
God is an appreciator of his creation. He is like the sculptor which appreciates all of his sculptures and accept them in all their beauty for he has created them. 'Tis a beautiful thing.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas

Proverbs 3:12
For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
If God would have loved Adam and Eve, he would have corrected them. He would not have punished them for becoming as Gods. Punishment without correction is evil and just done for cruelties sake. By immorally withholding eternal life, he could be described as a murderer.

He punished Adam and Eve by kicking them out of the garden of Eden; man's first sin was disobeying a small, but important command.God did not punish Adam and Eve for becoming gods, He punished them from directly disobeying His command. God blessed them with EVERYTHING and told them not to eat out of one single tree. it was a test, and they failed, which sets up an inevitable precedent for all of mankind.The story of Adam and Eve can be seen as one of the saddest stories in the Bible. This is why the role of Christ is so important.

God did correct Adam and Eve; Adam and Eve both regret the moment they sinned. For disobeying God's one commandment, Adam and Eve and all their descendants, everyone single one of us, have to toil the land instead of living in leisure in the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve both would of done anything to return to Eden, but they learned their lesson of what can happen when turning your back on God.

God DOES love, He disciplines and corrects, just as a loving father.would if his son did something wrong. From Adam and Eve's mistakes, people can learn a lesson. Is that not correcting?

The lesson that God shows is do not kill your children by denying them what is required to live.

His example and lesson is not what he does.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

God is an appreciator of his creation. He is like the sculptor which appreciates all of his sculptures and accept them in all their beauty for he has created them. 'Tis a beautiful thing.

Yes except for the fact that your artist God burns and tortures most of his sculptures.
He is quite insane.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Yes except for the fact that your artist God burns and tortures most of his sculptures.
He is quite insane.

Regards
DL

Why do you keep implying that I'm worshiping a god like this? My God isn't burning or torturing anyone...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join