It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids, a possible explaination as to why they were really built?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I believe i know the answer to the pyramids. Research Nimrod. He was the first world dictator. He built the first pyramid. He was worshiped as God. When his pyramid was destroyed and all the people who worshiped him were scattered around the world (splitting of the continents). People recreated this pyramid thinking it was the proper thing in order to worship and gain favor with God. Through the ages the concept and worship changed for people in these diverse places, but the most incredible and most vivid part of it remained, the structure of the pyramid. Take it or leave it,,, it's what I believe

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

There are certain things we do know, like mass has a gravitational effect. The mass of the sun keeps all of the planets in orbit. I believe the architecture of mass could have a precise effect. I don't know where or how this effect would manifest itself. If our planet had a moon sized pyramid sitting on top of it do you think it would effect it's rotation and orbit? If earth itself was a gigantic pyramid instead of a sphere I think lots of things would be different. To see something similar to what I'm talking about check out this youtube video about a frequency synthesizer creating complex patterns using a metal plate and some sand. It's pretty amazing.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hooberson3

If, if, if. Very cool video, but it has every thing to do with the motion of sound waves and absolutely no correlation to pyramids!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by Lee78
The pyramids i believe were built more than just burial tombs but hey thats my opinion, especially as now we are just popped in a hole and buried. Why did we stop building pyramids anyway?

No evidence of human remains have ever been found in Egypt's great pyramids. They were not burial tombs.

Well, the ancient Egyptian records refer to them as burial tombs (see this site for details on the papyri that talk about them as sepulchurs) -- and they have find pieces of mummies in them. I know that a lot of the alternative theory sites neglect to mention these writings and the pieces (and caskets, too) --and neglect to mention that the pyramids are NOT free standing structures but instead are part of a whole complex (with walls around them) that are of a specific design (with temples and so forth.)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

whenever I get past 20 posts - I'll post you what I've found on the pyramids. Dunn was close, it's an archeoacoustic device that uses binaural resonance to stimulate the brain into altered states of consciousness. There was a time when mind was superior to body, in contrast to our current body conscious world that gives two #s for the mind.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Pyramids were built near the equatorial plane to balance the Earth's rotation. These pyramids act as weights.

There are pyramids under the oceans as well.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
oh, you are talking about why they were built..not how they were built...lol

sorry bro

hugs

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

I would say a combination of free energy and communications. The pyramid focuses power via the capstone. Earth is the ground, atmosphere is the positive. This creates automatically creates a potential which can be gathered as energy. Egyptians were already shown to have batteries. And the voltage potential has been proven (most lightning is ground up). The capstone is the conductive material, and the difference in material vs the pyramid creates a dialectric. Various free energy devices use a pyramidal structure because it seems to focus the torus electromagnetic field. Studies have proven that life thrives within a pyramid, food tastes and lasts longer, etc.

Unlocking the pyramids is unlocking forgotten knowledge and technology IMO

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

The pyramids i believe were built more than just burial tombs but hey thats my opinion, especially as now we are just popped in a hole and buried. Why did we stop building pyramids anyway?

No evidence of human remains have ever been found in Egypt's great pyramids. They were not burial tombs.

Well, the ancient Egyptian records refer to them as burial tombs (see this site for details on the papyri that talk about them as sepulchurs) -- and they have find pieces of mummies in them. I know that a lot of the alternative theory sites neglect to mention these writings and the pieces (and caskets, too) --and neglect to mention that the pyramids are NOT free standing structures but instead are part of a whole complex (with walls around them) that are of a specific design (with temples and so forth.)

yeah, from what i gather on all of the egyptian shows they thought the kings or whatever they were called would acend into the afterlife and go back to orion star system or something like that...lol

if true, they must not have known that we all ascend to the afterlife or real life and there is no need for elaborate ceremonies or tombs

i think there is more to the pyramids than tombs though...

there is an entrance to the inner earth under one of the pyramids and there are theories that the pyramids were energy centers....

if someone hasn't posted up what they really were used for, then we will find out soon enough...

2012, all hidden truths revealed

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

As ive always said there all free energy reactors. The ancients knew all about magnetism, astronomy, lay lines, and a ton of other stuff. There not tombs. There all over the world and can be used to do all kinds of wonderous things. The PTB can't charge you for free energy, so we don't have it. It all comes down to greed and the love of power over the masses.

A pity, we could be and do so much more, but I see the human race would rather be slaves to oil than be free.

I built a dome home its 100% solar and wind powered. It can withstand catagory 5 hurricane winds, and it quake proof. And I have a pyramid in the back yard I use for all kinds of stuff. And I took the regular engine out of my car and replaced it with a generator and solar panels. No gas or oil ussage. No polution. My small way of saying.

I do not wish to destroy the world I live and breathe in.

The PTB make it very expensive to do this, but once you switch over to the free energy arena, you'll feel a whole lot better about yourself.

the ancients were very smart folks.

good thread Op

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I would also appreciate it if you could take a look at this post i made on this thread, its a change of topic in a sense but may be of significance or worth mentioning on other threads.
link

I am well aware that has nothing to do with the topic but i put it up here for all.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Originally posted by chr0naut

What if pyramids were just a cool way to stack rocks

Then everyone found out about it because, like, it was a cool way to stack rocks!
edit on 30/12/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

That is funny - But of course not serious as there is far more to pyramids then just that. Pi is incoperated into its design as is the speed of light and other mathmatical and astronomical dimensions - Unless they thought that was cool also.
edit on 30-12-2011 by artistpoet because: spellink mistake

Many of the pyramids I have seen have been different sizes & shapes. Are you sure they all incorporate Pi, or are you simply repeating something that someone else and which you have not verified?

Pie, mmmmmmmm......

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
the pyramid is the natural evolution from the mound

just look at how cannon balls are stacked

it's like trying to link civilizations wheels being the same shape

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I should have said most stable stone structure.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Byrd

I would also appreciate it if you could take a look at this post i made on this thread, its a change of topic in a sense but may be of significance or worth mentioning on other threads.
link

I am well aware that has nothing to do with the topic but i put it up here for all.

Another interesting piece to the Rio de Janeiro connection.
Pyramid Cathedral

The Cathedral of Rio de Janeiro (Portuguese: Catedral Metropolitana do Rio de Janeiro or Catedral de São Sebastião do Rio de Janeiro), is the seat of the archbishop of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. It is dedicated to Saint Sebastian, the patron saint of Rio de Janeiro. The current church was built between 1964 and 1979 and replaced a series of old churches that had served as cathedrals since 1676. It is located in the center of the city. Conical in form and with a 96 metres (315 ft) internal diameter and an overall height of 75 metres (246 ft), it has a standing-room capacity of 20,000 people. The cathedral's four rectilinear stained glass windows soar 64 metres (210 ft) from floor to ceiling.

And to a character called Saint Sdebastian

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Designed by ET, Built with ET technology with a human work force, to commemorate the birth of civilization & mankind, ETs little genetic modification of the Neanderthal

Kinda like the big rock in 2001 movie
edit on 31-12-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
Designed by ET, Built with ET technology with a human work force, to commemorate the birth of civilization & mankind, ETs little genetic modification of the Neanderthal

Kinda like the big rock in 2001 movie
edit on 31-12-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

But Neanderthal were highest in population in Europe.

The fertile crescent was too full of those vicious Homo Sapiens to have many Neanderthal.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

how do you explain this then ?

see how the angle changes half way up ? obvious example of trial and error. by people. and only people

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

It was for the dead. That's why there are dead people inside of pyramids with all their life possessions.

It's brick. Bricks do not do anything other than make a structure. Pyramids came from step pyramids, and step pyramids came from mastabas. All of which are grave sites.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

Limestone? Does limestone have any specific relevance or qualities that would justify the use of it on pyramids, whether it was used for scientific reasons or simply as a form of weather proofing?

Electrical properties.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join