It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids, a possible explaination as to why they were really built?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
All ancient civilizations had one thing in common and that was astronomy. They must of been intrigued by the cosmos so they could of used the pyramids for a number of things.

Ancient Astronomy

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
See Christopher Dunn regarding his work The Giza Power Plant. Mr Dunn's video is available for viewing on Youtube. It's a pretty interesting thesis in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Or perhaps the pyramid was the most efficient and safe way to assure the building will effectively last for a long time in terms of engineering - and btw... still is. Few things (man or nature made) can topple a pyramid.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

A well-built pyramid is the most stable structure built. Somebody wanted to build something that could withstand earthquakes and the tests of time.

The great pyramid used to have a polished stone covering, but some conqueror removed it for booty. If the polished stone covering had not been removed, then the pyramid would be the same today as it was the day it was completed.

I have to agree with the people who think it's for scientific purposes beyond our understanding.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Hummmm i thought the geodesic dome was the most stable??
Anyways...theres even supposed to be pyramids in the city sunk off cuba at 5ooo foot depth.
I believe that there must have been a world wide culture which built these...or maybe their works were coppied by later humans....
These may have been the fabled race of giants of old....
Certainly the piutes finished off a race of nasty cannibalistic giants just before the whiteman arrived...they trapped the last of them in a cave and torched the mouth of it....they wiped the last of em out this way....
These could have been the degenerate remnants of the giants after their civilization was destroyed by some cosmic force....

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
That has been answered about all of them in relation to each other . Go to: Graham Hancocks, Quest for the Lost Civilizationon YouTube-Full movie. It contradicts your opinions. All the worlds pyramids are remarkably identical in many ways.

It explains the relationships and dates and compares all the pyramids to each other and why they align equally to the stars. Watch the entire feature though. Its very good

Enjoy

[www.youtube.com...[/url]

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Here is a bad map that shows some of the pyramids world wide - its has some on it that aren't actually there and leaves off others that do exist.

You guys are forgetting a couple of things:

These pyramids were built in a time frame covering 4,000 years, using different techniques and for different purposes; some are tombs, some are temples, some are combinations.

Unfortunately I'm about to head off for the weekend so I cannot comment further.

I suggest you:

Read up about pyramids (not on fringe sites) hopefully Byrd, Harte, or any number of other folks will show up to provide more useful information to your queries and observations

Regards
edit on 30/12/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

Regarding your image, how do we know that there are not some pyramids that now lie below sea level? I see what you are getting at here in regards to locations. Interesting .

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Someone mentioned that the pyramids may have had a coating of limestone? What significance would this have and why would it be used? Would it have been polished perhaps?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Lee78

Enoch the builder, sethite and prophet

Did the great pyramid belong to a pharoah? Or did it belong to Yahuwah? Was it built to honor a dead false god or was it built to honor the Living God?

The book of Enoch may have something to say about that.

Any particular scripture, that may shed light?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lagrimas

In relation to Gold i think it goes without saying, also given the fact that the egyptians and other peoples created many artifacts and other things from gold in History and it would seem highly plausable that they may have been removed.
Gold also happens to have certain qualities in regard to certain light, i read this somewhere but cant find the link i am sure its Infra-red

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
I can't say I agree with the idea of them being a free energy device in any way, the pyramids around the globe are all structurally different and follow completely different blueprints for materials and construction methods.

The reason there may be so many pyramids I think is basically down to the logistics of building something high with the materials and construction techniques that were available at the time. A pyramid supports itself, and is least likely to collapse under the pressure of its own weight.

There are anomalies that need to be looked at though, it is my personal opinion that the great pyramids of Giza is much older than the others, I feel it was built by a much earlier civilisation and discovered by the Egyptians who tried to copy it and hence so many other pyramids around near by. It seems illogical to me that the Egyptians started off making poor pyramids, built up to excellence in the Great Pyramid, then suddenly forgot all they learnt and went back to making crap ones. It would also explain why only the great pyramid has internal chambers, where as all the others have only a chamber beneath the pyramid (as does the great one) It also would explain why they align with Orion 10,000 years ago, but not 5,000 years ago when current theory dictates they were built. There is other evidence to support this of course but perhaps that is for a different thread.

Certain geometric shapes are bound to reoccur through different civilisations, the circle, the square, the triangle ect, the pyramid is also one of them, I have yet to see any evidence that pyramids from different cultures are related to each other

Great comment and pretty much aligns to my way of thinking - the great pyramid is different, it has mathematical correlations that go way beyond coincidence. As we reach out to new boundaries I believe even more will be decoded until one day the pyramids true purpose will become obvious. Something built to stand the test of time for millennia to convey an important message for future mankind.

Ask yourself this, if we knew we were to face a celestial ELE, which occurred as regular as clockwork, how would you go about warning a future civilisation when the next occurrence is hundreds of thousands of years away – building something to stand the test of time seems a good way to me. Not a simple message to convey so the code has to be deciphered by a civilisation that has advanced to the same level of mathematical and celestial understanding.

A cool site with some facts;

www.timstouse.com...

Some extracted below;

- Aligned True North: The Great Pyramid is the most accurately aligned structure in existence and faces true north with only 3/60th of a degree of error. The position of the North Pole moves over time and the pyramid was exactly aligned at one time.
- Centre of Land Mass: The Great Pyramid is located at the centre of the land mass of the earth. The east/west parallel that crosses the most land and the north/south meridian that crosses the most land intersect in two places on the earth, one in the ocean and the other at the Great Pyramid.
- The relationship between Pi (p) and Phi (F) is expressed in the fundamental proportions of the Great Pyramid.
- The four faces of the pyramid are slightly concave, the only pyramid to have been built this way.
- Tropical Year or Calendar Year: The length of a base side is 9,131 Pyramid Inches measured at the mean socket level, or 365.24 Pyramid Cubits, which is the number of days in a year [9,131/25 = 365.24, accurate to 5 digits]. The perimeter of the base divided by 100 = 365.24, the number of days in a year. [9 131 Pyramid Inches * 4 / 100, accurate to 5 digits]
- Mean Distance to Sun: The height of the pyramid times 10^9 represents the mean radius of the earth's orbit around the sun, or Astronomical Unit (AU). [5,813.235565376 Pyramid Inches x 10^9 = 91,848,816.9 miles]
- Earth's Polar Radius: The Pyramid embodies a scale ratio of 1/43,200. The height * 43200 = 3,938.685 miles, which is the polar radius of the earth to within 11 mi.
-
- Equatorial Circumference of the Earth: The Pyramid embodies a scale ratio of 1/43,200. The perimeter of the base * 43,200 = 24,734.94 miles, which is within 170 miles of the equatorial circumference of the earth.
- Marks Spring Equinox: Due to the angle of the sides of the pyramid vs. its latitude, it casts no shadow at noon during the spring equinox.

To name a few, do you think modern day man could build something so advanced as to link to so many things. Make no mistake it’s intentional imo.
edit on 31-12-2011 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
i thought they were built to balance the planet according to Alex collier

Please dont just make a statement i would like if you and others will add a link so i can read it all. No i am not being funny i simply want to take everything and every possibility into account.

I came to ATS to discover and learn from you. Knowledge is power so lets share it.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by digitalf

Thanks for the info, so knowing what they knew then brings me to the assumption that the obvious may not be as complicated as we think it may be, if what you are saying is true. If it was to be used for that reason warnings are simple yet effective.....arent they?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lee78

Thanks for the info, so knowing what they knew then brings me to the assumption that the obvious may not be as complicated as we think it may be, if what you are saying is true. If it was to be used for that reason warnings are simple yet effective.....arent they?

You are welcome. Supports the reason for them to be duplicated by lots of cultures and selected as places of immense significance - ancient civilisation knew these structures held some significance but they just interpreted them in a religious connotation. Please don’t think I'm an expert, like you I've just looked at possible theories and this one stand out to me as the most logical, others are entitled to have alternative hypothesis and I fully support and encourage that.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

One more thing to throw out there is something that just dawned on me, reading your post made me think (assuming that perhaps it was a warning for other civilizations)

What if you were aware of a pending disaster whether it be a flood or something similar. (yes i understand they take years to build) BUT.....
The shape of the structure is effective against strong winds as it would deflect......wouldnt it?
Same shape would prove effective against a flood or sudden tsunami.....deflection? ( were/ could the pyramids have been airtight?)
Also if a pyramid was to be burried it would be capable of withstanding weight due to its shape?

Which leads me to as above so below. What really is below? is there any info regarding the possibility of maybe underground tunnels.......yeah sounds stupid i know but what if (in relation to your post) pyramids were actually some sort of gate?
Is there any mention of this? Also the antenna from the OP were used for communication or energy gaining devices, afterall apparently egyptians did have electricity. I will try to find the link, i swear i read it somewhere as well as lightbulbs.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

I saw the light bulbs theory in an 'Ancient Aliens' episode although I tend to stay off the mainstream stuff, as it's often manipulates fact to sell one side of a story. The pyramid is also referenced in the bible, with again a potential link to disaster.

Isa 19:19-20 "At that time there will be an altar for the LORD in the middle of Egypt and a monument to the LORD at the border of Egypt. 20 This will be a sign and a witness to the LORD All-Powerful in the land of Egypt. When the people cry to the LORD for help, he will send someone to save and defend them. He will rescue them from those who hurt them."

The difference between 'border' and 'center' translated is represented by the border between the two countries making up ancient Egypt, Lower Egypt (the delta) and Upper Egypt (the South). The Great Pyramid is at the border of Upper and Lower Egypt. The center of the land of Egypt if the two ancient countries are viewed together.

So it was no surprise that the religious meaning translated from early civilisation to modern day religion.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I cant help but think we are missing something so obvious with all of this.....i cant help but think that to hide something that the best place is in plain view.

I keep asking myself, why would i build a pyramid, why the shape and size? I dont buy the burial tomb explaination at all, i am not saying that its wrong but that it doesnt make sense. Why the locations? Why did different civilizations use the same/similar shape? What is so important. Mathematics? I sit here not the best at math but whats the connection between squares, circles and pyramids and why does Time keep popping up. Sorry i keep thinking that time is somehow involved in this.
Is there anyone here on ats who is particularly interested or had involvement in the above who we could possibly ask to get involved here?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

There are numerous posts from well respected ATS members only a click away - do some searching on the forum and you'll be sure to come across something to satisfy your curiousity.
You're not going to get 100% concrete answers and I doubt our generation will solve the enigma - but as long as it's importance and significance as a wonder of the world is never forgotten, our future generations will work it out .... eventually, I just hope they aren't too late.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I don't think we will ever know the real reason behind the pyramids

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I have just discovered something quite revealing but it is TOTALLY OFF TOPIC!!!!!! and it links to RIO

Am i allowed to post just this once as its in connection to Egypt and the pyramids.????
Its in relation to as above so below and i would appreciate your help and time if i may.
My next post will explain and mods you may delete if need be, but you gotta see this. It may be something it may be nothing.
edit on 31-12-2011 by Lee78 because: (no reason given)

I ask that you have google earth and i will try to upload images and info and also the steps that i made to get there so you can do it yourself.

My next post my be a bit long but do not skip it and read as its wrote, as i did. Thats all i ask

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join