It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids, a possible explaination as to why they were really built?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lee78
reply to post by Byrd

Someone mentioned that the pyramids may have had a coating of limestone? What significance would this have and why would it be used? Would it have been polished perhaps?

It would make it highly reflective in the desert sun thus allowing the pyramid to be seen from quite a distance away.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
i stopped paying attention when i read the words 'pyramid energy' sounds like something i would say if i had long hair rose tinted specs and a tydie t-shirt on.

edit on Fri Dec 30 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Just to clarify...

So you just stop reading because something doesn't fit your idea of what the pyramids were...

Maybe you should read about pyramid energy, or heck the pyramid shape period and energy. You might learn something....

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
There are places like Coral Castle that were built using this method from what I have read. Coral Castle is about 5hrs from me and I have thought about going there to see it for myself.

When you go there, look at their photo archives. You'll see him standing around with a pulley system (and I'm told that the one in a different picture is an automobile transmission part) and railroad ties to move his blocks with.

The other pyramid builders didn't have railroad ties or Ford transmissions (or chains ... and there's a number of pictures of him with stones with chains around them) back in those days.

I have always wanted to go there and since I might be moving that way it will be much closer.

I will take tons of pics and video for sure.

I have heard about the pulley system but i haven't seen pics of it online, unless they are not posted and you just have to see it for yourself.

Also I never said anything about the pyramid builders having railroad ties or Ford transmissions

I was only saying that Coral Castle in itself is a great design, I see nothing similar in their building minus the energy locations involved. When I go there I will have more of an understanding because reading can only do so much.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalf
reply to post by Lee78

Isa 19:19-20 "At that time there will be an altar for the LORD in the middle of Egypt and a monument to the LORD at the border of Egypt. 20 This will be a sign and a witness to the LORD All-Powerful in the land of Egypt. When the people cry to the LORD for help, he will send someone to save and defend them. He will rescue them from those who hurt them."

I stumbled purely by accident this because of what you posted by the way and find it intriguing and then ultimately pretty significant. Well imho anyway. Mods feel free to delete if need be but here it goes.

Upon reading the above i picked up the bible and looked at the quoted scripture ISAIAH 19:19-20 which reads

In that day there will prove to be an altar to Jehovah in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar to Jehovah beside its boundary. 20 And it must prove to be for a sign and for a witness to Jehovah of armies in the land of Egypt; for they will cry out to Jehovah because of the oppressors, and he will send them a saviour, even a grand one, who will actually deliver them.

From the above quote i know that midst is in regard to middle etc, from here i went to Egypts Geography

Egypt's Geography Egypt is in Africa. It is bordered by Mediterranean Sea, on the North and by the East, the Red Sea. The longest river in the world, the Nile River, goes right through it. There is fertile land because of the Nile and there are many farmers.The Nile is the only river in Egypt. It has two branches, the Rosetta and Damietta Rivers. Egypt is divided into 4 main parts, The Nile Valley, The Arabian Desert, The Libyan Desert, and The Sinai. About 95 percent of Egypt is desert land. The Sahara Desert covers more than two thirds of Egypt. The other deserts are the Libyan Desert, the Arabian Desert, and the Nubian Desert. Egypt is 50 feet below sea level. Some important cities, towns, and places in Egypt are Cairo (the capitol) , Giza, Memphis, Thebes, Alexandria, Suez Canal, Abu Simbel, Sinai Peninsula, and Rosetta. The highest point in Egypt is Jabal Katrina and is 8,668 feet high. The lowest point is Qattara Depression and is 436 feet below sea level. The Nile Delta is the only delta in Egypt and is 100 miles long and 155 miles wide. It is in the shape of a triangle. There are 5 important oases in Egypt and they are all located in the Libyan Desert. They are the Farafirah, Bahriah, Dakhilia, Kharijah, and the Siwah oases. The area of Egypt is 386,662 square miles. The distances from east to west is 770 miles and from north to south it is 675 miles. There are no forests in Egypt but there are date palms and citrus groves. Papyrus plants grow only near the Nile. The climate in Egypt is hot and dry and there are only two seasons which are winter (December through March) , and summer ( the rest of the year). The average temperature in the winter is between 55 and 70 degrees F. The average temperature in the summer is between 80 and 90 degrees F. In the summer the temperature can be as high as 110 degrees F.

So from here i went to google earth and went to The Pyramids of Giza and i placed a placemark over the 3 pyramids

Now looking at the above image the line i have made is NOT exact, i know that ok, but hear me out here. From here i swapped the screen to look at google sky using the symbol at the top of the google earth screen and clicked on my placemark, where the 3 placemarks that i had put on the pyramids where there in google earth sky.
This led me to add the historical image depicting the images that represent stars etc and signs etc which gave me this image below and roughly places the Giza pyramid (unfortunately at the base of the tail to put it politely)

But this is not what is interesting as of yet but bear with me because unless i am totally ignorant or the last to know you will see why i chose to add this post.
Make sure you use the historical sky maps.
I zoomed out and noticed a peculiar device that i dont know what it is and i am sure that many of you will know what it is but i dont and here is the image.
Its in regard to Pyxis
I have outlined the instrument for your benefit of seeing what i am pointing at.

Now when i had done this, outlined it and switched back to earth instead of sky this is what i got. Now bear in mind that that the lines i had put in are slightly out therefore are not totally precice but check this out.

Pointing to Rio

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Rio de Janeiro

But most importantly

Christ the Redeemer (statue)Christ the Redeemer

Hows that for some connecting the dots?

edit on 31-12-2011 by Lee78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This is getting very interesting indeed and i ask Moderators NOT to deem anything here off topic because it really isnt! Not at all, this is turning into a pretty revealing thread indeed, almost unbelievable

Take Rio de Janeiro and the link regarding Christ the redeemer and really read what it says.

Christ the Redeemer (Portuguese: Cristo Redentor) is a statue of Jesus Christ in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; considered the largest Art Deco statue in the world and the 5th largest statue of Jesus in the world. It is 39.6 metres (130 ft) tall, including its 9.5 metres (31 ft) pedestal, and 30 metres (98 ft) wide. It weighs 635 tonnes (625 long,700 short tons), and is located at the peak of the 700-metre (2,300 ft) Corcovado mountain in the Tijuca Forest National Park overlooking the city. A symbol of Brazilian Christianity, the statue has become an icon for Rio de Janeiro and Brazil. It is made of reinforced concrete and soapstone, and was constructed between 1922 and 1931

There are key words within this that lead to different areas of interest. It is my goal to find the truth and i ask for your help.
Soapstone for instance, ive never heard of it until now.
Soapstone

Is it just me here that thinks we are onto something?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
they were built using sound/frequency....with this technology/ability you can move 200 ton blocks with your fingertips

there is also technology that can shape stone, mold it and to make it interface with other stones to make perfect fits..

the ancient peoples on this world knew more of what we do today, they knew how to live in harmony with the planet..that's why their civilizations were built in stone...they also had relationships with our brothers and sisters from the cosmos and inner earth...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

I think that this is not even the tip of it, seriously i may create a thread asking for ATS members who understand various topics to lend a hand here as it seems to be very significant indeed.

Please read this post
PLEASE READ

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I think that this is not even the tip of it, seriously i may create a thread asking for ATS members who understand various topics to lend a hand here as it seems to be very significant indeed.

Please read this post
PLEASE READ

oh it is the tip of it, watch you will see...

i have seen hieroglyphs that they dont show on tv

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Please feel free to add anything that you see connects here. Its pointless just saying something and not providing at least a sniff of info.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I already realised it was wrong of me to post before reading the whole thing. As I stated in a later post the article linked in the op. Appears to be about a man trying to expoloit people by selling them stuff based on 'pyramid energy'. I find the whole concept laughable btw.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

how peculiar ......

so let me get this right tho;

1. in google earth you drew a line across the 3 main giza pyramids
2. converted to google sky
3. drew around a septum shaped object in Pyxis
4. converted back to google earth
5. followed the arrow in the top section of the septum
6. arrow points to Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro.

my thoughts, if I'm honest, is it's coincidence.

the problem you have is google earth and google sky co-ordinates are not relative and the imagery used to depict the constellation's is not dated to ancient times, nor is the creation of the statue in Rio de Janerio.

Like you say not really linked to your OP.

edit on 31-12-2011 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I would like to think that the building of the pyramids across this specific latitude clearly serves as a counterbalance for planet earth. This great undertaking was brought about after great discussion with rulers of the land, about resolving the issues of pole shifts that were occurring naturally every so few thousands of years and wiping out the coastal regions around the world. This issue could have been initiated and resolved through exterrestrial contact.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The pyramids i believe were built more than just burial tombs but hey thats my opinion, especially as now we are just popped in a hole and buried. Why did we stop building pyramids anyway?

No evidence of human remains have ever been found in Egypt's great pyramids. They were not burial tombs.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The Great Pyramid is a battery:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Cool pics, they remind me of Edward Leedskalnin, and the Coral Castle.
edit on 31-12-2011 by samlf3rd because: left out my link

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Thought to be built as planned burial chambers: Source, may be the most likely explanation. Also, this site has images and explains the chambers' possible meaning:no meant to be entered.

One of my favorite pyramid theories would be the structure as pathway for the ascending souls(according to their beliefs) to the next realm-esp. if they were used for burial chambers, but never were.

Comes in close second by them as energy conductors, seemingly connected throughout the earth with the different pyramid locations and possibly in space(diff planets) to connect thought waves and or by communication(similar to digital).

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Pyramids were built in every city-state as a ;sign' of power and technological knowledge to impress both the indigenous people and to instill a degree of awe in strangers...

man made mountains is what they symbolized
even in ancient oral traditions and in early religious writings empires or nations even sizeable cities were respected with the 'title' of Mountain attached to their name/identity

do a term paper or a thesis on pyramids=mountain status

because there's lots of areas to cover...

middle age replacements for pyramids were the Cathedrals
modern day things would be Pentagon or Wall Street even the small town court house instead of earth/brick/stone mountains AKA pyramids

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I am creating this thread due to a recent posting i made and would like to hear what you would think.

The thing is Pyramids of all kinds are spread across the world, the most commonly known are those of Egypt. However there are Pyramids all over the earth and also some beneath the sea.

Due to this link i believe it shows a possible reason for them being built in the first place.
Pyramid Devices

Now ofcourse over time things corrode etc and suffer to weathering but what if, and it is a big what if the important piece of the pyramid was infact the very top which is missing which is shown in the images

Pyramids

Yes short but sweet, But thought i would share. Peace.
I posted similar to the above as a reply but thought it should maybe have a thread of its own where people can add information to it rather than derail it.

I am sure the lost civilizations knew something that we dont or havent quite got the grasp of yet. Free energy technology.

Ermmm,,, don't want to sound disrespectful but , Who cares why the pyramids were built. Its HOW ,that is important.

And all your examples are not even true pyramids. The only pyramids that is of any interest is the Giza pyramids.

Your theory is a bit weak. And so is the link.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

What if pyramids were just a cool way to stack rocks Then everyone found out about it because, like, it was a cool way to stack rocks!
reply to post by chr0naut

lmao

But the thing is,nobody,even in this day and age has been able to replicate them!

I mean surely,with all our technology we should be able to build one exactly the same!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Check out the law of one books (1 and 2 specifically)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join