It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ''Namaste'' Crowd - Another Mind Control Layer?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest
The problem is, they seem to be incredibly naive individuals, manipulated by forces they do not really understand.

You are calling the kettle black. Namaste.

Feel better now? Good.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky

Spirit = that juice that keeps you alive. So you are not spiritual, OP? Are you dead?

Quit a lot of replies in this thread attempt to make a distinction between 'spiritual' people and the rest.

How can that be? We are all spiritual beings. That stuff that runs through your body, that magical energy that keeps your blood pumping, your lungs breathing and your senses sensing -that energy- is spirit. If you are not a spiritual being then you are a corps.

Take that magic current (spirit) out of the body and you can kiss it goodbey...

Whether you choose to immerse yourself into the material word, and see yourself as your body or whether you actually work on your spirit energy in order to grow towards that brilliance which lies latent within you, your spirituality is always moving. Moving either forward or backward. Whether you are aware of it or not. It just is.

So, to those that deem themselves corpses, non spiritual humans, your skulls and bones do not intrigue us.

Even those 'Namaste' (Humbly Hello) people who may not have the perfect answer or are appearing conceited or whatever judgement you make on them, that 'guru' you were talking about, they are all actively aware of the magic stuff, that electric current that makes the difference between being human and being a corpse, and in their own way, they are trying to move forward. What is more important? The desire to grow? Or not doing it at all because you cannot get it perfect?

Even if their spirituality seems superficial or flawed, the actions and desire to improve will eventually trigger the depth. It is like the chicken and the egg. Even if the actions of attending meetings, practicing meditation, etc, are not yet deeply sincere, eventually the feelings will catch up and be shaped by their devotion to self improvement.

Why not just be humble and be quiet when you think you know better than the 'Namaste/Humble Hello' crowd? Maybe you do know better, but why give your ego wings by demonstrating it in a crowd? And this, my friend, does not show knowing any better. (Those that know, do not need to advertise it.)

Spritual progress is the ONLY thing that will stay with you beyond the grave. It is more sure than taxes.

So what if we are not on the same rung of the spiritual ladder, life is not a competition!

Whoa, don't scream, I hear you.

I never said I knew any better. This is merely a free exchange of ideas, and - it seems - not everyone understands this notion,

We certainly could be spiritual, consciousness, of course.. but I fail to see how consciousness HAS TO connect with some notion of ''love and light''. Just a choice, not an imperative. Not for everyone, it would seem.

Namaste, dear virtual friend.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

The ''love and light philosophy" is your creation, it does not exist.
It is your demon to fight and fear.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Honestly the OP has a point. Its not about whether someone says namaste or not, its the underlining consensus of new age thought that's been going on for the last 50 years in the west. I'm pretty sure the argument isn't against peaceful or loving individuals, its more so an argument against the indifferent reasoning that is used to justify civility, often coerced with delusions of grandeur to explain away counter arguments

There comes a point where practicality is no longer appreciated, inviting a disconnection that distinguishes insiders of those who think in the same terms of special knowledge. Not to mention the all to often success of persuasion that uses ambiguity to feed pre-existing ideals of what is imagined, without the concern of whether it is false hope or potentially dangerous for that person.

Nevertheless the OP is guilty of stereotyping at the least.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
Honestly the OP has a point. Its not about whether someone says namaste or not, its the underlining consensus of new age thought that's been going on for the last 50 years in the west. I'm pretty sure the argument isn't against peaceful or loving individuals, its more so an argument against the indifferent reasoning that is used to justify civility, often coerced with delusions of grandeur to explain away counter arguments

There comes a point where practicality is no longer appreciated, inviting a disconnection that distinguishes insiders of those who think in the same terms of special knowledge. Not to mention the all to often success of persuasion that uses ambiguity to feed pre-existing ideals of what is imagined, without the concern of whether it is false hope or potentially dangerous for that person.

Nevertheless the OP is guilty of stereotyping at the least.

Hello,

I am not guilty of anything, this is not a court of law. I had to stereotype, we are talking about a bunch of people, after all - a consensus, if you will. Consensus does lead to stereotyping. Stereo - a block of ideas, so to speak.

Agree with the rest. That's exactly the point.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

The ''love and light philosophy" is your creation, it does not exist.
It is your demon to fight and fear.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

My demon doesn't exist, either. As above, so below.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I also said at the least. It doesn't mean its less true.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

I also said at the least. It doesn't mean its less true.

No need to explain yourself. You are entitled to believe I am a bigot for all I care. G'day

edit on 30-12-2011 by survivaloftheslickest because: letter

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This thread has some merit...
Many people don't want to better themselves or do the right thing in the every day actions just because its good for them and others, they are not learning to just be unconditionally happy, they want to be saved from this world, they want some ships to take them, they want ascension, they don't relate to "normal" people anymore because they are higher now...
This spiritual egotism, this attachment to the new age spiritual myths and cliches is not helping many people, they used to be happy with cars, being better than other people, being more rich than others, having more power than others, now they are still happy on being better then others, but the game now is to be more advanced souls, they want to be more enlightened etc.
They play the same winners-loosers game, and they still are attached to winning.
Why don't they just enjoy life everyday, do things they like, do the right thing because its better for everyone, and help others to the same, life is not a competition, its a party, its a school, its to be enjoyed, why don't we learn our lessons and enjoy life? Life is not supposed to be a competition with others, maybe for a while yes, but we can live a competitive life for a while and learn that that is not the way to go... For learning purposes yes we may be called to do it but we can get over it and learn the value of cooperation and love.

I believe in love and light but it has to be lived in the everyday actions, that is the hardest part and it requires real effort. The wisdom is on living well, not just preaching or believing something, you have to test yourself, be in the world and apply it, you have to stop doing bad and start doing good, illuminate your own darkness is just stop doing the wrong thing and start doing the right thing

IMHO

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What's wrong with love and light? I'm quite confused, what's the problem with that again? Please explain to me what is wrong with love and light?

Anyway, I once followed this"namaste" group or whatever else is being labeled as but I feel I don't need to follow any group, I agree with what they say and I too believe love is the way forward, we can't continue like we are. We are a world full of hate and it needs to stop.

Anyway, love and light my brothers and sisters

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by David291
What's wrong with love and light? I'm quite confused, what's the problem with that again? Please explain to me what is wrong with love and light?

Anyway, I once followed this"namaste" group or whatever else is being labeled as but I feel I don't need to follow any group, I agree with what they say and I too believe love is the way forward, we can't continue like we are. We are a world full of hate and it needs to stop.

Anyway, love and light my brothers and sisters

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Let me attempt to explain the New Age system very simply, but remember it has evolved since its introduction in the sixties. In the beginning it was a mix of different eastern philosophies with a very small dip in the occult. Mostly just the Theurgic channeling of those who write the Law of One series back in the day. Nothing to give them any real benefits except for the early new agers egos that were really trying to find some where to look. As it evolved it grew more members who had occult ties and expanded. As I see it now it's all about the "love and light" group. Now their ideas are interesting but again it's built of the core of mysticism that goes waaaay back. Many believe in ets, a "galactic federation of light", 2012 being the new buzzword, etc etc.

Many of them are into opening to chakra and cleaning them with sacred sound. Now this I have to comment on as it's loosely based of of the Kabbalah. In this very old esoteric system sounds are used by humans to use the "word of god" to create what they wish, be it a mental state or the physical. You can read about this online, it's fascinating. Many of they get their information through channeling. The problem is to those who follow it they cannot be sure who's channeling what with what technique. Channeling is hermetic in origin but probably goes way back. It is said that to attempt it without proper mastery is foolish at best.

It's my consideration that "peace and love" is all cool but in order to truly master yourself you need to know the opposite. Never push your evil too far back.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Blessed be all,
I am also "one of those love and light people".
I am a Wytch and a follower of the Goddesses Gaïa and Khali.
To have Love and Light, there also must be Hate and Darkness.
I live my life in the most positive way possible, helping as many people as I can. Why? Because this is the right thing to do.

Namasté

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The History of the USA....The United Haters of America.

We know ....we understand ....the OWNERS aka the Dark Lords want us all to hate one another in order to support the WAR is a Racket Paradigm.

Wars stimulate economies and get many people Rich.

Why not voluntarily Send your kids off to fight their wars in order for them to continue to profit from them ?

Keep Hating....hate your neighbor , hate the guy in the car next to you ...hate those damn Muslims in the middle east.....lets all HATE together !

In fact let's rename our entire Country....

The United Haters of America !

Namaste

Peace

Love and Light !!
Love and Light !!!
Love and Light !!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Here is my input on this whole scenario that the OP contained.

Many new age followers have fallen under the guise that by simply stating words like "Nameste" or " Peace, Love and Light" that they are enlightened people, worth far more than any other lesser human. The problem with this is that this is their ego talking. Ego is completely self serving, and can consume even the most modest individuals. There is nothing wrong with the base ideal that all is love, and peace should reign over humanity.

What is wrong however is judging others as if you know better.

Your assessment of the "New Age" crowd is flawed at best.

You have two options now, let your Ego respond with criticism, denial, fear, or anger.
Or
Study some teachings such as the Law of One, or listen to some James Allen Heavenly Life

This "New Age" stuff cannot be labeled or contained in a stereotype. It is not about your word choice. It is purely about life from another perspective.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeguy
Here is my input on this whole scenario that the OP contained.

Many new age followers have fallen under the guise that by simply stating words like "Nameste" or " Peace, Love and Light" that they are enlightened people, worth far more than any other lesser human. The problem with this is that this is their ego talking. Ego is completely self serving, and can consume even the most modest individuals. There is nothing wrong with the base ideal that all is love, and peace should reign over humanity.

What is wrong however is judging others as if you know better.

Your assessment of the "New Age" crowd is flawed at best.

You have two options now, let your Ego respond with criticism, denial, fear, or anger.
Or
Study some teachings such as the Law of One, or listen to some James Allen Heavenly Life

This "New Age" stuff cannot be labeled or contained in a stereotype. It is not about your word choice. It is purely about life from another perspective.

Believe you me, I studied it. I even lived it! My assessment is merely what you presented yourself, albeit differently expressed. Namaste

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

The History of the USA....The United Haters of America.

We know ....we understand ....the OWNERS aka the Dark Lords want us all to hate one another in order to support the WAR is a Racket Paradigm.

Wars stimulate economies and get many people Rich.

Why not voluntarily Send your kids off to fight their wars in order for them to continue to profit from them ?

Keep Hating....hate your neighbor , hate the guy in the car next to you ...hate those damn Muslims in the middle east.....lets all HATE together !

In fact let's rename our entire Country....

The United Haters of America !

Namaste

Peace

Love and Light !!
Love and Light !!!
Love and Light !!!!

Going into extremes much, eh? You equate an attempt at free thought with hate. This doesn't bode well for ''Namastes''

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You probably noticed it there are more and more cases of people involved in ''love and light'' philosophy, telling everyone how good they are, etc. The problem is, they seem to be incredibly naive individuals, manipulated by forces they do not really understand. Whenever anyone wants to challenge them or discuss something of practical merit, they shut down and/or resort to passing judgment on others they view as ''less developed'' or ''those who still have not found the light''. The principle of equality is actually a fascist view of the world with a rosy face attached to it. You cannot discuss certain issues, because they are ''too negative'', everyone is ''equal'', we do not eat meat, etc.. not only does it seem dystopian, it also presents itself as another example of ''group-think'', the mindset which seriously limits one's horizons, leading to creation of rather dull people devoid of any passion. The only difference is, they will throw a rose at you rather than beat you. The mindset is still the same.

To me, saying "namaste" is strictly done for the sake of personal vanity. The only thing it can achieve by saying it is it allows others to know what sort of a spiritual person you are, or that you prefer to speak in Sanskrit. It's pure vanity; it's allowing others to see under your dress; but I don't see any problem with it, as it could be used simply as a greeting in places like Nepal and India.

I do agree that this "love and light" philosophy is very naive, and I would hope that people don't stop there but move past it. I also agree that striving for equality is dangerous, and severely limits the possibilities and greatness that man could attain.

Good Post.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Does love hurt you the same as a beating?
Are you insulted by love?

No, but life definied as zombified adherence to some imaginary principles does seem a tad odd, if you ask me. Your life, your choice

So you say they pass judgement when challenged as you are passing judgement? Zombified as you are? Imaginary principles like yours? All principles are imaginary my friend.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alastair
Let me attempt to explain the New Age system very simply, but remember it has evolved since its introduction in the sixties. In the beginning it was a mix of different eastern philosophies with a very small dip in the occult. Mostly just the Theurgic channeling of those who write the Law of One series back in the day. Nothing to give them any real benefits except for the early new agers egos that were really trying to find some where to look. As it evolved it grew more members who had occult ties and expanded. As I see it now it's all about the "love and light" group. Now their ideas are interesting but again it's built of the core of mysticism that goes waaaay back. Many believe in ets, a "galactic federation of light", 2012 being the new buzzword, etc etc.

Many of them are into opening to chakra and cleaning them with sacred sound. Now this I have to comment on as it's loosely based of of the Kabbalah. In this very old esoteric system sounds are used by humans to use the "word of god" to create what they wish, be it a mental state or the physical. You can read about this online, it's fascinating. Many of they get their information through channeling. The problem is to those who follow it they cannot be sure who's channeling what with what technique. Channeling is hermetic in origin but probably goes way back. It is said that to attempt it without proper mastery is foolish at best.

It's my consideration that "peace and love" is all cool but in order to truly master yourself you need to know the opposite. Never push your evil too far back.

A reasonable reply containing concrete statements. Thanks for enlightening me, and I'm not being sarcastic. I learned quite a few things from this post

Unfortunately, you seem to represent the minority. It would appear many in the mindset of ''Namaste'', and I'm using this word to convey a message not to sound pejorative, are cult-like in their beliefs. I didn't expect such a reaction, not by a long-shot. The same argument keeps being repeated by many on this thread when attacking the opening post.. that it's hate, that it's flawed, etc., etc. To use simple logic: people who CLAIM to be about LOVE AND LIGHT are actually stereotyping others whenever an attempt to analyze the topic is made! Does anyone really mention HATE here? Does anyone really CLAIM to know it all? Granted, stereotyping was NECESSARY in this case, because it is meant to show a pattern, and that's understood. Intelligent human beings understand that and don't throw ad homines around because that's not the point! Then again, it's typical for cult-like mindsets to either deflect and/or be openly hostile just to shift the focus away.

To close it on my part, as long as they are not a threat - good luck to 'em! Let's just hope delusions of grandeur don't get to them first, as someone on this thread mentioned, because then they're going to become more than a playful nuisance!

Namaste

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join