It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ''Namaste'' Crowd - Another Mind Control Layer?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charismagic
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

I know you have asked a rhetorical question, paranoid about your identity to the point of being xenophobic, but you are just a bigot. Nothing else.

I have no idea what this Namaste crowd is that you are referring to, but have you ever considered understanding the meaning of the word?

It simply means that I bow to the divinity within you....that every human is divine, created by God in his image.

Ignorance may be bliss, but bigotry is stupid. Grow up, please.

Calling someone a bigot only makes a statement about yourself. You amuse me. End of story.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section69
Some examples of Namaste crowd that I have read:

"Do not fall for this new age notion that you create your own reality. That is simply not true. And if you do, frustration will ensue and may create depression. The truth is, certain events in life will happen to you whether you want them or not and when they do, just accept them as they are...a lesson is being learned for the benefits of the spirit that dwells within you. Always do your best to remember this truth...You are bigger than anything that can ever happen to you. peace! ♥"

"One highly evolved spirit named NOKODEMJON has been reincarnating on Earth as prophets (bringer of truth) to teach mankind the Teaching of truth, teaching of spirit, teaching of life. The book of the entire Teaching of the Prophets. From Henoch (Enoch), Elia (Elijah), Jesaja (Isaiah), Jeremia (Jeremiah), Jmmanuel (Jesus), Muhammad (Mohammed) and Billy (BEAM). HAPPY NEW YEAR!! "

"The human is still not capable of coping with, and fully understanding, the truth.
And he is not yet mature enough to know his future and to approach it correctly.
For that reason the truth must be rewritten prophetically for him, as in equations, in order to make him think independently, whereby he slowly finds and recognises the truth himself. For that reason the human must be spoken to in prophecies and parables and also, for that reason, the events of the future must be explained to him in veiled form. Everything must be explained and be presented in a rewritten form, whereby the human is stirred to thought and begins to search. Only through his research does he find possibilities of an interpretation and, in that way, slowly recognises the truth. Were he not spoken to in parables and prophesies, and the explanations of the future not presented in circumscribed and somehow mysterious form, then he would make no effort to do his own thinking and he would also want to change the future because, if it were all presented in open, un-paraphrased form, he would indeed know all of this in every detail, with which he truly could not cope."

You've not embraced your inner divinity. There's only one way to embrace it - the NAMASTE way.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
A passing thought and question, do you suppose, that perhapes dualism, just as much as anything else, belongs to 'What IS', does illusion also not hold a place in 'What IS' ? If so, can we not say duality and non-duality ever emanate and return ouroborically from the Transcendent...like a river coming from the sea becoming two streams which become one again and return to the sea (yet they ever are of the same soup)? Can we not then say the same of distinction and non-distinction, action and inaction, etc. ? Do not all these things have their time and place, even positivity and negativity in the great sea that they all share?

It seems logical that there should be a balance between theory and practice, that they should both apply to each other. It seems reasonable that there should be a mean between the two. Does it not seem erroneous, if we have a theory that cannot be put into practice and visa versa because then there would be a disconnect?
For Example: Can we say 'all is illusion, there is no distinction between right and wrong, etc., etc.," and still have a functional society? Such seems to me not to be a balanced and realistic approach, a disconnect in theory and practice. Also, is it not problematic if we were to confuse non-action as a lack of action, when it ought incorporate both action and inaction in accord to their proper place and time?
edit on 2-1-2012 by Arles Morningside because: Because i'm a terriable typist.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Can you back up how these people seem to be "incredibly naive" and "manipulated by forces they do not really understand"? And what does not eating meat have to do with anything?

While some of the "Namaste crowd," as you put it, can be judgmental... so are a lot of people. Your post is judgmental. Additionally, you share the same mindset as some other people. Does that mean that you're an example of "group-think" as well?

Some might say that it's incredibly naive to think that the world can and should continue with people creating wars, being cruel, thinking there are classes of people, etc.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackieisinlove
Can you back up how these people seem to be "incredibly naive" and "manipulated by forces they do not really understand"? And what does not eating meat have to do with anything?

While some of the "Namaste crowd," as you put it, can be judgmental... so are a lot of people. Your post is judgmental. Additionally, you share the same mindset as some other people. Does that mean that you're an example of "group-think" as well?

Some might say that it's incredibly naive to think that the world can and should continue with people creating wars, being cruel, thinking there are classes of people, etc.

hippies and veganism

do we really need to explain the concept all out?

it's not nice to hit cows in the head and people who want to be nice or want to pretend to be nice if they are trolling, don't hit cows in the head or cause cows to be hit in the head.

well, some of them.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer

hippies and veganism

it's not nice to hit cows in the head and people who want to be nice or want to pretend to be nice if they are trolling, don't hit cows in the head or cause cows to be hit in the head.

well, some of them.

And how exactly does that make people naive or manipulated by forces they don't understand?

I just don't understand exactly how being loving and wanting to care for living things and the planet is naive.

Man, people will complain about anything, won't they? "THESE PEOPLE ARE TOO LOVING!"

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Personally, I like that the thread has a little fire and isn't so blah and politically correct. Besides, leave no stone unturned, hehe.

The thread can't be too bad, it got people to think and it has lead us to interesting places. A golden Spork to survivaloftheslickest.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest

Originally posted by Douriff

yeah, couldn't agree more!!

"love & light" crowd can be dangerous in some instances.
There are two examples I will add to this thread.
Anyone familiar with the Fritzl case in Austria?
en.wikipedia.org...
Well, needless to say, disgusting case. However, "love and light" crowd tends to justify the case with the notion that Fritzl himself must have been severely abused in his childhood.
Friend of mine, who participated in a spiritual forum discussion, got permanently banned for advocating firm opinion, that Fritzl deserves instant execution, and that there is no need whatsoever to engage in any form of justification.
What to make out of this naive and childish need for tolerance, compassion etc. Tolerance is fine, but tolerance needs at least some limits. Spiritual people would argue about that, mostly refereeing to spiritual development as a necessary prerequisite of deeper understanding of love and light. So, spiritually underdeveloped being will ask for revenge, but spiritually highly developed individuals will find enough space in their harts to embrace even the most severe and monstrous deeds.
Oh, really??
Well, if they can tolerate the most gruesome cruelty, you can imagine what they do in less dramatic instances.
Here we come to the second example.
I was participating in a group meditation with self proclaimed teacher whom I instantly disliked. Well, after the meditation, he invited participants to share their difficult experiences which they expect to improve through meditation practice.
The woman started to talk about her abusive and difficult mother, whom she was constantly sending reiki, asking for mercy and trying to forgive in vain. Situation with the mother is only becoming worse.
Guru then asked the audience for the opinion. I felt compelled to say that all of this is bul#. I had the same problem. Guru rises his eyebrow: "You did?? Are you trying to say that you DON'T have the problem any more."
"Yes, that is exactly what I am saying" Whit his eyebrow up he asked: "How is that so?".
Than I said: "You see, I removed myself from any situation that is not possible to resolve with normal conversation and usual actions. I distanced myself from the drama and from my mother. Problem solved!"
"Oh, no, no, no! You can't solve problems like that without experiencing a divine love." The teacher says.

Oh, really?
So, one should push himself/herself to the limits of tolerance, suffer abuse and expect to feel a divine love.
Something is very wrong with that way of thinking.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Douriff because: frflj

There you go. You summed it up perfectly. It is the same with more generic cases, such as Satanic ritual abuse.

''Oh no, don't go there, this is TOO negative!''

Then what, we're supposed to contemplate our existence every day and do nothing? That's it? Sounds like another mind-control scheme to keep the sheep complacent and docile.

Spirituality ought to be about action, and not about contemplating your navel to death. The sad part is, people who engage in REAL action, are labeled all sorts of names which are not so love-and-light-ish anymore by the very group which is advocating change!

What did love and light chance? Give me one example of REAL change by the ''Namaste'' mentality. Ghandi, I am sure someone is going to mention him. Wasn't he about action, when you look at his life? See the problem here? Wasn't this a PERFECT way to keep us in line by TPTB.

''No, no. You're just being paranoid!''
Said the kettle to the pot

I can tell you from personal relation to a living example. I have acquaintance with a remarkable woman which would classify as a namaste crowd individual according to your own definition. She has been working for the last decade helping children in drug cartel dominated Brazilian slums. She has had guns on her head and yet did not hid behind a computer screen.

I am afraid generalizations are a poor reflection of reality. In every group you will find brave, coward, mature, immature, fair, corrupt, etc..

Diversity of thought is a human virtue and specie's survival need. There's not one size fits all. If that were the case, such a behavioural pattern would have been the norm thousands of years ago, from an evolutionary perspective for example.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I say Namaste and eat meat, and love "dirty" and "clean" sex, enjoy violent movies, sometimes love playing competitive games and sometimes taking them seriously, love giving hugs to my family and supporting a person in need, enjoy offering a voice of support, standing firm on an issue I believe in while giving in on an issue that I see is more important to someone else, walking past a homeless person asking for money and confident regardless whether I did or didn't give, I love doubting myself, I love refinding myself, I love losing myself ... etc. etc. I think "heaven" and the "light realm" includes murder and rape, it's simply consensual and understood for what it truly is.

I am capable of all things. I am currently experiencing only some things. I experience the sensation of pain and loss, but know why, thus it doesn't have the same hold it does some others. There is nothing right or wrong, better or worse, with my current experience or the other. They are just different,.

The only thing Namaste means to me is I see this capacity in you too. Anything else are simply your perceptions of certain aspects of certain individuals that you have formed a general conclusion about. That's your current game.

Namaste
edit on 2012/1/3 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

hippies and veganism

well, some of them.

And how exactly does that make people naive or manipulated by forces they don't understand?

I just don't understand exactly how being loving and wanting to care for living things and the planet is naive.

Man, people will complain about anything, won't they? "THESE PEOPLE ARE TOO LOVING!"

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. god only knows what i was thinking about at the time.

well, now that i understand your question... i think most thinks it's rough and tough to kill another beast. Since that has been the way or survival for man for a long time, most think that people simply cannot live without it... therefore they are so niave they think they can go without eating.

I didn't even become vegan... just vegetarian and do you have any idea how many people have said startled at my decision "WELL WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO EAT"

ummm....everything else?

edit on 3-1-2012 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

I say Namaste and eat meat, and love "dirty" and "clean" sex, enjoy violent movies, sometimes love playing competitive games and sometimes taking them seriously, love giving hugs to my family and supporting a person in need, enjoy offering a voice of support, standing firm on an issue I believe in while giving in on an issue that I see is more important to someone else, walking past a homeless person asking for money and confident regardless whether I did or didn't give, I love doubting myself, I love refinding myself, I love losing myself ... etc. etc. I think "heaven" and the "light realm" includes murder and rape, it's simply consensual and understood for what it truly is.

I am capable of all things. I am currently experiencing only some things. I experience the sensation of pain and loss, but know why, thus it doesn't have the same hold it does some others. There is nothing right or wrong, better or worse, with my current experience or the other. They are just different,.

The only thing Namaste means to me is I see this capacity in you too. Anything else are simply your perceptions of certain aspects of certain individuals that you have formed a general conclusion about. That's your current game.

Namaste
edit on 2012/1/3 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

I'm pretty sure i understand this.

i even believe that if you can grasp it and in your daily life when you see trouble, remember this and transform one little tiny piece... you have literally changed the whole pattern of decay. people on their own seem to flounder, decay, babies that are not loved- die, people who are sick and not cared for, the same.

The smallest of organisms seem to have a plight... almost as if they are searching for something...maybe it's something to fill them, or maybe something to keep them warm or even keep inspiration up. the smallest of organism operate on the same principles as a person who feels love... it just seems to be a different version tailored to what they are, but still as simple as that.

If I can understand this, why is it that one of my biggest problems is that there are other people who i cannot see this quality in.

They hate.... For no reason... From the core.

They even try pulling it off in nice ways... but it is hate, hate, hate. through and through. they love for THEMSELVES. They are not the ones trying to not hate, they look for reasons to point fingers, to completely disassemble others lives *just to be right*

Why is it that i feel this way about some. i can FEEL their animosity. I can feel their lack of regard. I was never one to exalt myself in society. i was never one to feel i deserved a great career when others are poor so why claw my way to the top of something that would likely bore me? A life without principle. I value hard work more but that doesn't seem to take you far. more like, just makes you look stupid for not knowing how to milk a clock cause today, that is the WAY... leave early, collect bailouts, then file your problems away. Shaky foundation that builds, no... can't anyone see what is truly to value?

It really feels... i mean FEELS like some just see you as a tile on the floor for them to walk across. when you don't play along with the game, you'll be the first to notice that quality in people. their sickening superficiality.

I get it.

so why do i still feel this way about some people?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I can feel their needles. the energy that comes out of a persons central nervous system can be like needles... tiny radiating needles eminating from them.

Why are some so PSY-VAMPY?

Where do those people draw the line, they can't even stay out of other people's heads.

I do believe we had actual vampires in another age... I really do. I think that there might have been vampire dinosaurs. i mean it's totally obvious that some were bloodsucking carnivores but people have a hard time imagining any of them with any ounce of sense. they see them as big dumb robots walking around but i think some were fairly smart and some were actually vampires....in a manner of speaking.

Is this where that comes from?

I don't LIKE being near anyone like this because it's like the needles get inside of me and make me have to contend, make me have to compromise my own principles to keep up with their stupid idiot life games... when i am just fine when i am alone... unless, i'm very lonely but if not I'M FINE.

anyone who ever said i was depressed just doesn't know me... I have a lot of joy but people like that, I get around them and it's like I have to GET AWAY from them or all the breakers are going to flip.

i wish i understood these energy things more.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Holy cow. What a spot on assessment, and I thought this thread was going to be lame. You just described half of the people on ATS.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Wikipedia
"A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs....."

It sort of mirrors your beliefs doesnt it??? You are right,OP. End of story. Amuses you??? Tsk tsk....

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
From the Tao Te Ching:

When people see some things as beautiful,
other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good,
other things become bad.

Basically, that sums up the world of Dualism, which is non-existant other than in our minds. For you to have something as righteous you must also have to label something as evil to compare it to. There really is no such thing as evil or right. These are just man-made concepts. In reality, everything is perfect. Everything just is.

I have chosen the option of seeing that perfection AS beauty and good. It is enjoyable. It is unbreakable. It is, IMO, the high road, or true righteousness, of which, paradoxically, the opposite is the illusion of opposites. The paradox is solved in that acceptance requires no pushing or pulling. I say this not for your benefit, but for mine. When all is in perfection, there is no possibility of error. And everything is always in perfection.

Much Love, true brother.
Isn't this a marvelous world we have made?

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

It really feels... i mean FEELS like some just see you as a tile on the floor for them to walk across. when you don't play along with the game, you'll be the first to notice that quality in people. their sickening superficiality.

I get it.

What do you think about when you walk across tiles on the floor?

When *that* is transformed into a "loving" act, then you will see situations you perceive yourself as a "tile on the floor" differently.

That is where the liberation comes from. Not from never being a tile, but seeing tiles for what they really are.

Namaste.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I get it.

What do you think about when you walk across tiles on the floor?

When *that* is transformed into a "loving" act, then you will see situations you perceive yourself as a "tile on the floor" differently.

That is where the liberation comes from. Not from never being a tile, but seeing tiles for what they really are.

Namaste.

what makes you think i don't have an appreciation for tiles?

what makes you think my own acts are not loving before I am hit with negative energy from others?

i don't think it's right to question the actions of people who have done nothing wrong... there is plenty of wrong in the world, I think part of the problem is that anyone like myself who does not project their will onto others is NOT the one who needs the lesson.

I want to know why i feel that way ABOUT SOME.

That is external to me in every sense of the word, therefore largely beyond my control and my interpretation of what i think is wrong in their own actions is not simply going to be altered to accepting comprehension alternate to what is grossly apparent to me.... and that is, some are just BAD.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

I based it on the sort of words and phrases you choose to use. The way you describe yourself and others.

----

So long as you truly believe there is something external to you, you will continue to experience BAD.

I know that seems to be a non-helpful response, but it is the only one that *works* in the end from the vantages I've explored, which are the only ones I can really speak to.

When we understand "who" is really asking the questions you ask, feeling the feelings you feel, then you can start to ask "Why did I choose to be here?" with the meaning and strength behind it you've always wished you had. The answer doesn't have to be pleasant... but finally seeing that "I chose to be here" from the real true "I", not the "I" you link to your body.

When you and I cease to be "you asking me for my perspective", and are instead only asking yourself "Why do I feel this?"... and know that nobody else is going to answer you but yourself, even if words come out of my mouth or fingers... then the answers can come for why you see BAD.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

hippies and veganism

well, some of them.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. god only knows what i was thinking about at the time.

well, now that i understand your question... i think most thinks it's rough and tough to kill another beast. Since that has been the way or survival for man for a long time, most think that people simply cannot live without it... therefore they are so niave they think they can go without eating.

I didn't even become vegan... just vegetarian and do you have any idea how many people have said startled at my decision "WELL WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO EAT"

ummm....everything else?

Well, I guess I'm biased since I'm a raw vegan kundalini yoga hippy, but I personally think it's naive to think we can go on abusing the world and the people in it without horrible repercussions. Or, rather, that the horrible repercussions we're currently facing aren't due to the fact that we've been abusing the world for so long. Minus the political corruption, world hunger could be solved if everyone -- or even just a percentage of people -- went vegan.

The OP said that people such as described would have limited horizons and would be devoid of passion. It's weird because I tend to think people who are as described are more passionate -- only about the right things, rather than petty arguments.

Oh well, just my opinion. I'm not zen enough yet to not have one.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

reply to post by BlackSatinDancer

I based it on the sort of words and phrases you choose to use. The way you describe yourself and others.

----

So long as you truly believe there is something external to you, you will continue to experience BAD.

I know that seems to be a non-helpful response, but it is the only one that *works* in the end from the vantages I've explored, which are the only ones I can really speak to.

When we understand "who" is really asking the questions you ask, feeling the feelings you feel, then you can start to ask "Why did I choose to be here?" with the meaning and strength behind it you've always wished you had. The answer doesn't have to be pleasant... but finally seeing that "I chose to be here" from the real true "I", not the "I" you link to your body.

When you and I cease to be "you asking me for my perspective", and are instead only asking yourself "Why do I feel this?"... and know that nobody else is going to answer you but yourself, even if words come out of my mouth or fingers... then the answers can come for why you see BAD.

I'm not asking why i chose to be here. i think i already know the answer to that. i don't think that all is one and one is all even comes close to being a good answer because the bad part of all could be something that the ALL wants to be rid of... and therefore it WILL TRANSFORM IT.

how do you know that is not the mission of many?

how do you know they are not doing that RIGHT NOW.

and ftr, you basically just called me a bad person who cannot feel love in crappy people because I'm not SOOO good that my goodness doesn't over power all the bad i see.

To me, that's crazy.

You have no idea how much I am aware of the potential for my own negativity, yet i harm no one. YES... I DO believe i chose this path and i DO believe that i chose an existance that is not constantly grasping for power. that's why i am who i am... how do YOU know i am not a good person?...based on my words? maybe you are just reading what you want to read and maybe you are just laying blame in a place where eve you can, because what you say makes no sense.

you say to achieve this higher state, you must not find fault in all these things that are NOT external to you and are a part of you.

yet you want ME.... TO CHANGE SOMETHING.

if nothing is external TO YOU, then how can you possibly argue with me if what i am saying IS A PART OF YOU AS WELL?

apply that same principle TO ME and understand that I might be one with purpose in the actions or words of my own that maybe you just don't understand.

If i am you, then internalize ME and understand that MY WAY is transformation of things which I think should never be.

sure... there's a constant.

it's called CHANGE.

EDIT... this is so freaking aggravating. I did not ask that guy why i'm here.

I asked WHY ARE SOME SO CRAPPY, because i truly truly believe this and i believe something needs to be done about them.. in so many words.

edit on 5-1-2012 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2012 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25 >>

join