It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights in the Sky in Southern Louisiana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

"They had like a flicker to them and they kinda faded up and as they got higher and higher they got dimmer and dimmer."

Brad furman captured video of some strange lights in the sky outside his home on Gumbo Road, which is off E. Broussard, last night around 9:00.

Donna Aucoin and daughter Allie say they saw the same strange lights outside their neighborhood off Kaliste Saloom.

"My daughter and I looked up and saw like eight to ten bright lights and they were moving in a very slow manner."

So what were these strange lights? A plane, a satellite, a meteor shower?

www.katc.com...

Myself and I'd imagine a good bit of the cities of Broussard and Lafayette witnessed this. I had never seen anything like it. It had an eerily slow movement to it that was unlike anything.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Chinese lanterns?

Slow movement, light flicker et cetera
edit on 29-12-2011 by Violence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Lafayette huh? That is crazy. I saw nearly the same thing on my way home from work last night at around 6 on I-10 West heading out of New Orleans on Lake Pontchartrain. I thought it was airliners coming in to land at the NO airport but I see those everyday and it looked nothing like the usual planes. Very strange things going on overhead.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Violence

Originally posted by Violence
Chinese lanterns?

Slow movement, light flicker et cetera

It's becoming a bit of a cliché, but that is certainly the most logical answer. The objects were flickering, just like a candle. They were moving slow and rising, just like a Chinese lantern. It makes a lot of sense.

I find it odd that the reporters don't mention lanterns as a possibility, instead leaning towards things it obviously isn't (meteor shower?), even though a witness stated that he thought they were Chinese lanterns. I think I'd have to agree with said witness.
edit on 30/12/11 by Curious and Concerned because: formatting

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
This seems like a very good sighting to me due to number of witnesses there presumably are. I don't think its fair for anyone to say 'its Chinese lanterns' until we actually see a picture of whatever this member allegedly saw. This could have been something extraordinary such as an alien craft or it could have been something we made but until I see a image of what you saw I'll reserve judgement.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
This seems like a very good sighting to me due to number of witnesses there presumably are. I don't think its fair for anyone to say 'its Chinese lanterns' until we actually see a picture of whatever this member allegedly saw. This could have been something extraordinary such as an alien craft or it could have been something we made but until I see a image of what you saw I'll reserve judgement.

The link in the OP's post has video footage of the lights, including interviews with witnesses. One of these witnesses believed the lights looked like Chinese lanterns. I reserved judgement until I viewed all the information the OP presented. I'd suggest that others do the same.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
All we can say is that they're just lights in the sky, which we don't know exactly what they are.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhilipMarquis89104
All we can say is that they're just lights in the sky, which we don't know exactly what they are.

Of course we can't say with absolute 100% certainty what they are. They could be fairies for all we know.

But we can determine what the most likely explanation is. And as one of the eye witnesses stated, they looked and behaved just like Chinese lanterns, making them the most likely explanation.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I saw the same thing around the lafayette area. I don't believe they were Chinese lanterns, simply because one was perfectly still and just vanished. It also appeared from nowhere, it didn't go float upward.

The others that I saw moved extremely too fast, and almost "perfect" to be a lantern.
Also, considering the size of Chinese lanterns, there is no way they would appear to be as big as I saw them in the sky the other night.

Not the first time I've seen a "ufo" type thing in this area.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OceanMetTheSky
I saw the same thing around the lafayette area. I don't believe they were Chinese lanterns, simply because one was perfectly still and just vanished. It also appeared from nowhere, it didn't go float upward.

The others that I saw moved extremely too fast, and almost "perfect" to be a lantern.
Also, considering the size of Chinese lanterns, there is no way they would appear to be as big as I saw them in the sky the other night.

It sounds like you must have seen something else then, as your descriptions don't match the descriptions of the eye witnesses, or the video. The OP's UFOs definitely weren't moving fast (but weren't perfectly still either), nor did they appear too big to be lanterns.

I'm interested in what you saw though, and would appreciate a bit of clarification. When you say "It also appeared from nowhere", are you saying you were looking at a blank sky, then the light suddenly appeared? Or did you just happen to notice it when it was perfectly still, then it disappeared? Also, were the fast lights seen at the same time as the perfectly still one?

new topics

top topics

join