It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says the US is NOT stage managing popular uprisings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Iran say the US is NOT stage managing popular uprisings

www.tehrantimes.com

TEHRAN - Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei has said that it is delusional to think that the United States is stage managing the popular uprisings occurring in the Arab world.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 28-12-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Here is an interesting article that I stumbled across on an English Iranian daily newspaper.

I must say, given how the propaganda machine has been running as of late, on both sides, I was surprised to see there "supreme leader " make these remarks.

Will be interesting to see if Mahmoub Ahmadineejad "toes the party line" on this one, or uses the opportunity to blame the US

Your thoughts?

www.tehrantimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I can't say I believe him.

I believe that when the uprisings began, he put a lot of faith into them and he doesn't want the US to have a hand in something he considers beautiful.

He's obviously not an ATS member because he'd see the strings and the hands that pull them a little clearer.

Anybody know his email? Can we invite him to going?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Your link isn't working. I don't think they are stage managing anything, but they are fear mongering toward popular uprisings.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I think if he came out and said that we, the U.S., were "stage managing" these uprisings it would be seen as a weakness on his half, therefore I wouldn't expect him to say anything different. Someone lit a fire under the Arab people's rears and I'm sure it wasn't Gaddafi....

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

You actually touch on a few good points...
There S L says in the article that he believes any government that stems from these revolts will be more anti Israel and US then the ones currently running things.

This may be true for Egypt but can't see this being true for Syria.

Who knows, perhaps he has plans for Iraq.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Hmm... seems the whole website is down, not just a broken link. I will keep checking and repost the link once it's up again
edit on 28-12-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Of course it is not..

It is an uprising of extremist who want
to kill Americans..

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Iran say the US is NOT stage managing popular uprisings - err well except the popular uprising against the Mullahs, which Obama noticbly failed to lift so much as a finger to encourage! - whilst gushing about all the others.

The Mullahs seem to be trying to present this as an Islamic awakening, they even made a special propaganda video about it and how the Mahdi is going to appear imminently. There is little doubt that a new Caliphate is in the making, which is the natural order of the islamic world -to consider themselves as one ummah, naturally 'one ummah' vs the 'House of war' ie infidels.

How they propose to get all the Sunnis to accept their leadership is a mystery as Turkey is also making a bid to ressurect a caliphate as the 'new Ottoman empire'

Still getting Hezbollah in Lebannon to unleash it massive arsenal of missiles at Israeli cities should make Israel extremely vulnerable to an attack by the neighbouring Arabs - maybe they would be forced to use their Samson option against the Sunni Arab cities and armies.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

It is an uprising of extremist who want
to kill Americans..

I see your government has gotten to you..

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
while usa isn't clean and there's a certain influence of cia in some cases, lets not forget about israel. they're the ones spinning things up and mossad is more than capable of doing it.

on the other hand, with recent claims that they'll block the oil flow in case of new sanctions, iranians are playing right into opponent's hands. i fail to see how can you really believe any side of this BS, be it usa, israel, iran or any other party.

- EU nations being in bad shape - spain, greece - are the main importers of iran's oil in europe
- countries supporting sanctions against iran are france and germany
- france gets into diplomatic mayhem with turkey
- israel - syria - turkey - nato - iran situation
- iran threatens to block the strait of hormuz in case of sanctions, that - lets face it - WILL be imposed
- us army claims they will NOT let iran do it

see the bigger picture and connect the dots. they're stage managing the whole situation in the middle east (and - via economy manipulation - in europe), destabilizing whatever country that's not strong enough to avoid getting pissed, so that when SHTF, they'll be in control.

middle east is just a checkerboard and they're playing the game of chess, using weaker countries as pawns to set up the stage for a new war. world war.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster

middle east is just a checkerboard and they're playing the game of chess, using weaker countries as pawns to set up the stage for a new war. world war.

Every nation in a position to use another nation, or situation, to there own benefit will do so, not just the US

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Website is back up and link is working

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The Iranian officials are agents of TPTB.

It seems many statements are actually the truth in reverse.

Believe the opposite and you might have the real picture.

Iran has loads of money and investments in the evil West.

Iran has many foriegn investors.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

It cant possibly be the US because ts now affecting countries who were closely allied to the Iranian Government. If Iran acknowledges the US is involved, then they are admitting they cant control their own affairs.

All politics are local...
Even if all of this is homegrown dissent with no international connections, people will still spin it to support an agenda...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I keep hearing that he's not credible and that he's crazy as a loon so quite frankly I don't believe him.

We need a credible source.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

a classic reciepie for " make it up as you go "

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well we are definitely helping them along.

Can someone with some real insight give their opinion on why our government would destabilize a region that will reform with highly negative feelings towards the US and Israel?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Well we are definitely helping them along.

Can someone with some real insight give their opinion on why our government would destabilize a region that will reform with highly negative feelings towards the US and Israel?

Better yet why would Iran / Syria government destabilize a region that could possibly reform with governments that are representative of the peoples wishes, and not some ancient religion based on hatred (insert any religion you want here)?

If what you claim is true, then Iran and Syria, as well as any other government in the region wouldn't need to spend money to push their point of view, since according to you its a foregone conclusion.

Is it really that hard to accept the fact that people decided they wanted a new type of government? It looks like the people of Egypt have chosen a more fundamentalist variety, however its their choice. Just because they are given the chance to vote in a democracy doesn't mean they wont vote in another dictatorship style government.

Jordan seems to be doing better than most countries, and they have a peace treaty with Israel. Egypt does as well, and even the fundamentalist variety voted in have gone on record stating relations with Israel will be based on the will of the people and not a religion.

Nevermind, I can certainly see how that mindset could be subversive to governments like Iran or Syria.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Given those perameters , it would seem that Iran has more to gain from these up risings then the US .
Perhaps Iran's SL is hinting at something

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join