It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain’s Borders Could Be Temporarily Sealed: Daily Mail Story From 12/28/2011

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

No and I grew up in Moss side in Manchester, Yes some people have guns and yes I have seen and heard them go off, but millions of guns? no where near.
If I wanted one yeah I could get one but we don't need them we are British.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
British youth do not want to work. They're lazy, arrogant, can barely read or write at a basic level. They turn up late, and want to go home early. They miss weekends because they got drunk the night before. They're argumentative and cannot follow simple instructions. They demand the Earth and are prepared to give the bare minimum in return.

I'd say that's the fault of immigration. They've destroyed Unions, labour rights and communities.

Not their fault, they're looking out for themselves and hard workers, but to argue they don't have a detrimental effect to Britain I think is wrong. Immigration from poor nations with low standards causes regression.

Big business and government want the country flooded with immigrants so they have unrealistic levels of competition and can drive down the cost of labour, forcing Britons to work for pennies because that's what migrants are happy doing. Migration is nothing more than government incentive to kill unions and stifle Democracy.

What you say about British workers might be true, but you must realise immigration from poverty stricken countries does no good. What next, perhaps we ship in some Asian slave labourers?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

No and I grew up in Moss side in Manchester, Yes some people have guns and yes I have seen and heard them go off, but millions of guns? no where near.
If I wanted one yeah I could get one but we don't need them we are British.

There's over a million legal fire arms in Britian. I heard, not sure where I heard it, that about 500,000 replicas come into the UK every year, with millions of illegal and usable firearms in circulation

Perhaps I've just been suckered in by media sensationalism. But like you I know I could get hold of one.

Certainly though is SHTF there will be criminals with weapons, readily using them

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Nah, weapon of choice in the UK is a knife, you get less time in prison for it. Plus you cant exactly control it, traceability and all that.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab

Nah, weapon of choice in the UK is a knife, you get less time in prison for it. Plus you cant exactly control it, traceability and all that.

I'm in the UK, I know what the weapon of choice is, but there's plenty of guns floating around.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I wholeheartedly agree. But it is not the responsibility of an employer to educate a person to be able to read and write, or to convince them to get their ass out of bed, or to teach them how to hold a door open for another person instead of sucking air through their teeth and muttering "whatever innit".

I was expecting some of the responses my post gathered, but that's simply because it's a truth that people don't want to accept.
There are millions of people in the UK who actually believe that people are coming here and "stealing" our jobs. The truth is that just as Indian doctors come here because we aren't capable of training people to become doctors, we have become even worse where we can't even educate our children to be respectful or professional!

If a Polish person walked into my office in a suit and tie, was polite and had a neat CV, and then a 19 year old British guy came in in jeans and a T-shirt, texting on his phone, wanting every weekend off, who am I likely to hire?

I fully understand that not all young British people are the same. I do have relatives and friends in that age group who work damn hard, and I managed quite a few young British staff who worked hard too, I respect them for it. But FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE, most young British people walking into that company were lazy, arrogant and unprofessional. That's the truth, don't shoot the messenger!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Originally posted by Just Chris
Hope this is true...i'm sick of all the foreigners taking over our damm country. I'm not talking about Indian folk and folk of African heritage, because of course Britain claimed territory in a number of countries many year's ago.

I'm talking about the Polish, Ukrainian and Kurdish people who have their own dedicated streets across the nation, and in particular a major street in my home city of Hull. We give them homes to live in, they take all our jobs, all our money and then send it back home to their families and I think I speak for the majority of England when I say "WE WANT YOU OUT!"

Seal the borders permanently, round up the current foreigners and ship them back to their own home lands!

You forget that Great Britain has had 2000 years of invasion,immigration and the infusion of foreign ideas have created the Britain we know today. We are a Mongrel nation and thats what makes us so great.
I work with Polish people and they are great people. I think you do not speak for the majority just yourself and others like the BNP.
Stop reading the Daily Fail....

although he is being rather racist, he has a bit of a point, not that i blame imigrants, they are just trying to make a living like the rest of us. i blame the government, if you dont have enough jobs for the people already in the country then dont let more people in lol....

and im still not sure if the bnp was racist or if thats just how the media portrayed them, the news can be manipulated ever so easily and once a juicy story like 'racist politics' gets going, every newspaper wants a bit of the action
edit on 28/12/2011 by DaveNorris because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/12/2011 by DaveNorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveNorris

Nah trust me fella the BNP are racist, I was in a pub in Mixenden in west yorkshire (They got a BNP counciler) and because I was drunk and wondered what was going on I went upstairs in the function room to find 50 odd BNP supporters having a party/rally, I stayed for 10 min's and left...they are really racist and have members who are in the skinhead racist nazi groups like N9S ect I saw the tattoo's.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

thatmight be true but they did come fourth in the elections, which means they must of had a lot of supporters. just because that one meeting was made up of racist weirdos doesnt mean the whole party was

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

As a young person, I have to reluctantly agree with you. I have met a lot of young people who believe they are entitled to everything.

I have also seen a lot of very skilled hard working youths unable to get jobs because people only see them as lazy thuggish bums.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

When Nick Griffin was there with with the Mixenden councilor?
I wish I had recorded it but I was a little scared and alot drunk.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

shame, i made it my mission to ignore all the media coverage and just look at the parties policies, and they actually looked like the better candidates... oh well. still, i wish someone other than the conservatives, libdems or labour would win. 'same # different suit' sums up those three nicely

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by bigyin

I wholeheartedly agree. But it is not the responsibility of an employer to educate a person to be able to read and write, or to convince them to get their ass out of bed, or to teach them how to hold a door open for another person instead of sucking air through their teeth and muttering "whatever innit".

I was expecting some of the responses my post gathered, but that's simply because it's a truth that people don't want to accept.
There are millions of people in the UK who actually believe that people are coming here and "stealing" our jobs. The truth is that just as Indian doctors come here because we aren't capable of training people to become doctors, we have become even worse where we can't even educate our children to be respectful or professional!

If a Polish person walked into my office in a suit and tie, was polite and had a neat CV, and then a 19 year old British guy came in in jeans and a T-shirt, texting on his phone, wanting every weekend off, who am I likely to hire?

I fully understand that not all young British people are the same. I do have relatives and friends in that age group who work damn hard, and I managed quite a few young British staff who worked hard too, I respect them for it. But FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCE, most young British people walking into that company were lazy, arrogant and unprofessional. That's the truth, don't shoot the messenger!

You're confusing cause and effect though. The idea that immigrants are taking jobs Britons don't want or are unable to do is untrue.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Vote UKIP, my friend. Seems like these people our are only hope.

BNP/EDL - racist. They dont seem to understand that its not the persons fault wanting a better life and that its our government causing the problem, what they see is skin color and in some weird way see skin color as been inferior.

Forget the BNP, stick them in the bin with EDL/Islam4uk and all the rest of that bull#.

Go through my old, OLD post, you will see i backed up EDL until i went to more than 1 rally and witnessed the racist elements - somethign we do NOT need.

Vote UKIP. tell your friends

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

ill read up on them more and keep it in mind for the next elections. thanx

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Item:

FOREX-Euro nears 1-year Low vs Dollar, Hits 10-year Low vs Yen
uk.finance.yahoo.com...
Reuters - UK Focus – 38 minutes ago

* Euro/dollar hits lowest levels since January
* Short-term Italian debt sale supports; bigger test Thursday
* Euro hits 10-year low vs yen in thin trade
* U.S. Treasury report criticizes Japanese intervention
NEW YORK (Frankfurt: A0DKRK - news) , Dec 28 (Reuters) - The euro neared a one-year low against the dollar and hit a 10-year trough against the yen on Wednesday after data showed euro zone banks were still hoarding cash, spurring fears of a growing liquidity crunch the day before an important Italian bond sale.
Year-end conditions kept volumes light, but traders said investors in the market were spooked by European Central Bank data showing euro zone banks deposited a record 452 billion euros ($585.18 billion) with the central bank.
Signs that banks were hoarding cash came just days after the ECB provided banks almost half a trillion euros worth of three-year loans at cut-rate prices to encourage lending and ease strains caused by the euro zone's two-year-old sovereign debt crisis.
uk.finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Yes well I could rant all night long about teachers and the education system here.

It's a total joke.

But thats probably getting off topic.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

reply to post by bigyin

Maybe thats because the youth grow up and see their parents struggling to survive on 2, sometimes 3 jobs - why would one want to work frying burgers or work in a warehouse for minimum wage, when they know they cant survive on that? Its next to impossible and your just moping through life existing for the sake of paying taxes. Instead what they do is aspire to do other things, and look for unrealistic dreams through crime. Put it this way, when all we listen to when we're young is cars, clothes, hoes, money, money money, and our environment is giving us these things, then we will not want to conform for the sake of it - we are engineered this way - we will pursue what the music & films are saying we need, money clothes, cars and hoes. This is a big reason why allot of youth dont work - East Europeans dont listen to the # we do, they have realistic dreams- they know hard graft maybe brings the possibility of a better position in the work environment and dont want the easy way thats shoved down our throats - crime. I dont agree that people who come to your work, are just lazy brits - i just think your brush them that way. . most people in this environment understand a job is hard to come by, statistics say that for every low skilled job out there theres at least 800 applicants

Another example for you to think of: I have a girl friend whos on benefits with one child, she HAD to stop working because: 1) when she was working part time, she wasnt getting enough money through work/tax credits/housing 2) when she did start working, she couldnt afford child care/housing due to less benefits - so she HAD to leave work and be on benefits to survive (been able to survive nicely is better than struggling through work to be deemed 'acceptable' in society's eyes)

I think what it is, where your typing from, in your comfortable house, in your comfortable clothes, on your comfortable wage - you have turned blind to whats really happening in our country. The price of living is at an all time high, but the jobs are at an all time low - everything going up, but the money is staying the same, rent, council tax, water bills, gas, electric all going up but our wages are staying the same. .For part time working parents everything's going down. The working class are been pushed into welfare.

We get given false dreams through the media, but yet our reality gives us nothing but an unrealistic life that we have to be dragged through to be deemed 'accepted'- by the likes of you, who think their better.

i have no solution for the # we're going through at the moment, but i know what i can see - and thats manipulation through the media, news/music artists, creation of low skilled jobs not been created - and its all been blamed on the people who cant do anything to change it, not the real bastads - politicians and TPTB.

Imagine if youth didnt listen to # that makes them aspire to be drug dealers, have nice cars and loads'a hoes?
Imagine if the minimum wage was £10 and our food/energy stayed at the prices it is now - this wouldnt be unfair, it would create more wealth - soothing they dont want to be distributed.
Imagine if we truly educated our youth into havign real aspirations, not just the private school pupils.
Imagien if the playing feild was FAIR!

Until we get this, people have no right calling our youth/unemployed lazy - Look at the real cause.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Guns are easy to get in the UK i live on a council estate so take my word as fact.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by indisputable

Guns are easy to get in the UK i live on a council estate so take my word as fact.

I know they're easy to get. I was asking how many there are though, because an earlier post by a member made it sound like there's only a few knocking about. Where as I had read there were millions of illegal guns in circulation

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join