It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain’s Borders Could Be Temporarily Sealed: Daily Mail Story From 12/28/2011

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Having worked in an industry where I saw Polish nationals arriving to work for us, I can say that you are wrong.

I have direct experience of what's really happened in the UK when it comes to immigration, not some third-hand account from some nationalist rag like the Daily Fail.

British youth do not want to work. They're lazy, arrogant, can barely read or write at a basic level. They turn up late, and want to go home early. They miss weekends because they got drunk the night before. They're argumentative and cannot follow simple instructions. They demand the Earth and are prepared to give the bare minimum in return.

In contrast, I could call any of my Polish staff and ask them if they could work an extra shift, and they'd jump at it. I could explain anything to them and they'd understand it and follow those instructions to the letter. I could move them from one place to another and they'd smile and appreciate a new environment or experience. They would not be on the phone complaining every ten minutes. They would not be making demands and being argumentative if they had to do something very basic that they had never done before.

Basically, my Polish staff were hard working, respectful and professional. Most of my British born staff of the same age were unreliable, lazy, arrogant and unprofessional.

I'm talking about those aged 18 - 30. We had plenty of British staff over that age range who were great too. Generally, the older employees and those from other countries were the best we had.

That's why I entirely refute the brainwashed argument that immigration has harmed us. Without those people actually willing to work we would be in a far worse economic state.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
If TPTB want a collapse they will let a collapse happen

Let it happen? They're making it happen. Governments all over are collapsing, economies, political systems. All to usher in the new world something or another. It's speed chess now...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by n00bUK

Having worked in an industry where I saw Polish nationals arriving to work for us, I can say that you are wrong.

I have direct experience of what's really happened in the UK when it comes to immigration, not some third-hand account from some nationalist rag like the Daily Fail.

British youth do not want to work. They're lazy, arrogant, can barely read or write at a basic level. They turn up late, and want to go home early. They miss weekends because they got drunk the night before. They're argumentative and cannot follow simple instructions. They demand the Earth and are prepared to give the bare minimum in return.

In contrast, I could call any of my Polish staff and ask them if they could work an extra shift, and they'd jump at it. I could explain anything to them and they'd understand it and follow those instructions to the letter. I could move them from one place to another and they'd smile and appreciate a new environment or experience. They would not be on the phone complaining every ten minutes. They would not be making demands and being argumentative if they had to do something very basic that they had never done before.

Basically, my Polish staff were hard working, respectful and professional. Most of my British born staff of the same age were unreliable, lazy, arrogant and unprofessional.

I'm talking about those aged 18 - 30. We had plenty of British staff over that age range who were great too. Generally, the older employees and those from other countries were the best we had.

That's why I entirely refute the brainwashed argument that immigration has harmed us. Without those people actually willing to work we would be in a far worse economic state.

Well then your the problem, you employ foreign people because you think us youth are lazy bums. Do not call me lazy, you are just categorizing me on an experience you have had with a bunch of half hearted ass holes, not me. I find your post very offensive.

Im 24 years old with a 1 year old daughter, the only work i can get is agency work. in the past 2 years the longest job iv had is 3month, all others vary between 2 and 4week.

Real employers (not agency staff getting paid ridicules amounts for nothing) look at my C.V and see that i haven't been permanently employed for over 2 years, with mad gaps in my employment.

Do you know how hard it is to survive on minimum wage? with a child, and then when you are employed, when the company doesnt need you because their paying over the odds for you, £12 a hour, but im only getting £6.07 of that - they just say, cya in abit mate thanks. . . and then start the route of looking, again. because the permanent jobs are taken by foreign people, who are getting employed by people like you who have this FALSE preconception that youth are bums.

take your head out of your ass and see the problem which you part of.

Maybe if we wasnt fed # through our teens about money,cars,hoes and clothes we wouldnt aspire to dreams that are not real.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I beg to differ.

In the factory of the chemical company I work for we employ many eastern Europeans.
The reasons are they are cheap. Yes they will work overtime when required, but only because they will have more to send home, I think it works out basically that they earn 3 times as much as here than at home. Some even have degrees, which says it all, here just to pack boxes??

They might be nice to your face but they will slag you off behind your back. They don't integrate and lunchtimes they will sit together and not speak a word of English. Even at the Christmas party it was us vs them, their decision of course.

And to those who say it isn't a problem. Come to my town, walk down the high street and tell me what country you are in. You wouldn't believe me if I told you it was England.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Why does this reminds me of the movie Children of Men. I mean the movie shows Britain sealing the border in 2027

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

reply to post by n00bUK

So taking that into consideration that their education & environment have failed them, you top it off by not employing them.

pure stupidity. i now see why our countries #d

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I agree with you that many eastern european immigrants are hard working and reliable. It could have something to do with anybody who is prepared to get up off their ass and relocate to a foreign place where they can't speak the lingo and work night and day to make themselves a better life. Good luck to them.

However, if you have a lazy young person at home and they wont do anything and you solve it by getting somebody else in to do their work then that is never going to teach them anything.

There are a lot of layabouts in UK and the only way to get them to do anything is take their benifits away and tell them they will eat when they do some work.

Why should hard working diligent and honest people pay so that the lazy bstards can sit in front of a playstation all day. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

(That´s not only to the poster I refer to.)

We ALL have the same problems! In every country! America, Germany, Austria, England and many many more. Stop telling the immigrants are the problem. It´s not them! It´s the way the world is, and it is the way because politics say so!
If there will be a big crash, argue with the politicians, argue with yourself. If your are not yet on the street and yelling for your rights, why are you all saying anything at all? It´s worthless untill you stand up and do something.
Immigrants are people like you and I, trying to make the best for their families, trying to live a higher standard of life, trying to have the same value as you.
It´s an easy thing to say it´s the others fault. Politicans seem to be too far away, not reachable.. BUT THEY ARE!
Politicians want us devided, by race, by religion, by living standard. Be smarter!

(sorry for every mistake, it´s not my foreign language, but I try hard. thx)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observor

Originally posted by monkofmimir
reply to post by Observor

doesn't Ireland count as a country anymore?

Oops! My mistake.

So are they sealing the border with the Republic of Ireland?

Im from Northern Ireland and a Unionist "loyal to the crown". If the border is closed to the republic, the IRA, Northern Command, would take up arms again against the British, Royal Irish, and there'd be a civil war with republican and loyalist death squads. Northern Ireland would be like the 70's all over again with protestants an catholics killing each other.
My biggest fear (my own kind "protestants" committing genocide against catholics).

Religion is a CURSE.

Sorry about my grammar. Im a bit dyslexic.. Peace

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

I agree with you that many eastern european immigrants are hard working and reliable. It could have something to do with anybody who is prepared to get up off their ass and relocate to a foreign place where they can't speak the lingo and work night and day to make themselves a better life. Good luck to them.

However, if you have a lazy young person at home and they wont do anything and you solve it by getting somebody else in to do their work then that is never going to teach them anything.

There are a lot of layabouts in UK and the only way to get them to do anything is take their benifits away and tell them they will eat when they do some work.

Why should hard working diligent and honest people pay so that the lazy bstards can sit in front of a playstation all day. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

Well I am by far not lazy and even I can't find work, regardless of what it is, I've been in education for years and it didn't help me one bit, I've done voluntary work and I've doen temporary work which still isn't getting me anywhere. I've been unemployed for a year, I send applications, CV's and more everyday and nothing, not one single reply.

It hurts to see that employers and people like you put the youth in one basket, if you know what I mean.
I would do anything, I mean anything even though I have the skills and qualifications to do more. It's starting to get me extremely depressed with the fact, I have nothing at all and I just want to work but there's noone willing to employ, all it takes is for someone to give me one chance to show them I can do it but no, it's impossible. They would rather have foreign workers for example, I was told to apply for a position at a local raleigh but a foreign person that couldn't even speak English got the position(I know the person from my voluntary work who was a daily customer).

So please, don't put us all in the same basket because we aren't all lazy bums who sit in front of a playstation.
edit on 28/12/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Numino

Exactly, which is the reason individual countries should be individual in every way. The world wasn't ready for a united Europe.

People weren't just ready in regards to economic differences, but also cultural differences. You wouldn't put a lion and a bear together and see what happens. You can't expect free immigration between two completely different states. It's obvious if you live in a box and there's a golden house across the street with your name on it you will move into it.

When you get an influx of migrants to a select few countries and the net in is greater than the net out there is a problem.

For example the UK, with a net increase in immigrants of 250000 per year. That's a lot of people. Infact that's a small cities worth. Are we building a small cities worth of infrastructure every year to accomodate this influx? No. Which means not much of an increase in jobs, hense a looming crises which will only continue to get worse unless we close our borders.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

Sorry to hear that buddy, if ive ever been outa work in the run up to christmas, ASDA warehouse is usualy a pretty safe bet, always have work goin, probably still looking for over New Year. Worth a try.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ixtab

Yeah I know, I've sent applications etc many times to them but nothing.
it's really confusing me, I know people that are less qualified and less experienced that I getting employed and I'm not even though I'm making more of an effort too.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

hmmm .... I never said all young UK people are lazy. I said we have a lot of lazy people. We also have a lot of hard working people.

I also said that immigrants tend to be hard working because if you are a lazy person in Poland your are less likely to come over to UK to find work. Only hard workers make the effort to get here.

Anyway, I'm sorry if you can't find a job. Neither can I and I have a degree in Nursing. My problem is I'm not young.

I'm all for young folk in UK to be given the chance to work, but my view is giving them benifits and little incentive to work is not helping them or the rest of us in the long run.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Aye ive had issues with this in the past trying to take minimum wage jobs, just labouring and the like, they look at my CV and say

Ummmmm are you sure your happy to take this job?, it only pays....

YES, I DONT CARE JOB PLEASE

Well you know it is only paying this much....

Look, clearly i am the best person on your books so far, give me the job, i want this job, being over qualified is good yes?, give me the job.

Ok, we'll get back to you..

Wait what?

Chances are the job goes to some jakey just out of school, still lives with his mum and dad and whos auntie probably cleans there offices ffs.

Its almost as if they want an idiot to work for them as they are more than likely to stick around lacking the initiative to move on anywhere else and more willing to take a lot of nonesense from them. Sucks pretty bad, another worryin thing ive noticed as well, most jobs these days are almost always on a temporary basis, very rare to see a contract for permanent jobs anymore.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This is all part of NWO collapse the system - let the leftist idiots turn the education system into one giant social engineering enterprise turning out useless workshy cretins - flood the country with unassimilable muslim immigrants, poles, slavs, bulgarian gypsies, albanian pickpockets etc etc etc.- and watch it all collapse.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Free stuff for everybody, vote for me. We (self excluded) fell for this in recent years in the USA. We are suffering for it now. As the number of public employees approaches 50% it becomes impossible to reverse as these people will vote in their own self interest which will keep the "free stuff" party in power.

As for all the chatter about non native workers it is a bad thing to generalize. But from personal experience I find them highly motivated and fairly capable. It is puzzling the way the HR people treat well qualified natives though. Even in Detroit, when I was looking, they seem incompetent. Maybe the problem is not the non natives but the hiring officials. R, K

A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:
From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to selfishness;
From selfishness to complacency;
From complacency to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage.
-Alexander Fraser Tytler

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Vitchilo

well its undeniable that the U.K. has got an economic collapse coming but at the moment Europe is looking like it'll get there first.

hehehe

Dont you see every country looks like its gonna collapse.

Thats the whole point. Otherwise you are not going to go for ''their'' solution are you ??....if your not frightened or worried.

suck it and see
edit on 28-12-2011 by thirty3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2011 by thirty3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2011 by thirty3 because: cuz my english sucks cook

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

If the global economy collapses your going to see some countries trying to merge and a lot more simply closing there borders and ignoring the rest of the world. There will be Greece style riots in every major city in the world. Supply lines will be shattered and there will be massive food and goods shortages... where it goes from there though is anyones guess...

Ah, and then ofcourse there are anti-hoarding laws and laws set into place to prevent U.S. citizens from growing their own food and ensuring the survival of their own families. Trust me, if anyone is reading this and has any brains at all, you better start stock piling food in non perishable good and canned foods now and while youre at it start buying seeds and gardening equipment so you can make vegetable gardens, because when TSHTF there aint gonna be no government its going to be everyman for himself and you damn well better have firearms and watch your food supply cuz people will kill you for it.

The only thing that separates men from animals is a full belly. When those bellies start going hungry youre going to see some really scary sh*t.
edit on 28-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

That's some scary stuff, but, that's pretty much how I see it going down. I was actually looking into buying some physical gold or silver today. I hope we have the time you predict to organise ourselves. Times like this you wish the UK had gun laws like the yanks.

IMO, Silver and Gold are only wise investments for those who have more than 5k invested elsewhere. For the average person, we should be investing our couple of thousand $'s or £'s in physical goods to ride out the collapse.

You can't eat Silver or Gold, and the idea of trading it is pointless. Look at our societies, none of those people will understand the value of precious metals beyond what a ring costs in a catalog.

We'd all need rationed food supplies to last 3 to 6 months, fuel, and farming goods in case it lasts longer than expected.

As for gun laws, we're no worse off in that regard IMO. The only reason it would be wise to own one in the USA is because of the numbers of firearms in public hands already. In the UK, because we don't have that threat, we don't each need to consider a defense against it. In a civil unrest scenario in the USA, people will have to consider arming themselves against looters, but here most will be armed with bats.

Not a pretty picture, but it's not all bad. Once the collapse is over we will have a better society. We'll be more inclined to increase national self-reliance, people will have a greater respect for the value of things. Communities will likely be smaller, stronger and more scattered.

I think we'll see the end of larger cities for a while at least. People won't want to live in them in that kind of poverty and crime.

Aren't there millions of black market guns on British streets? Thats what I heard

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join