It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

believers in jesus...please explain this..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

personally I dont go to church because I am a free thinker so quite the opposite of what you say. The point I was trying to convey in the post you replied to was the fact that for some reason entire continents believe in a higher power before the technology to share ideas came about.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Ok but it took 17 million years to make the grand canyon, are you trying to say it was just made by the great flood?
www.bobspixels.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
reply to post by k1k1to

The point of the crucifixion was to save all of the non-Jews.

All have sinned and fallen short,
The point of the crucifixion was to destroy the law of moses.

No one can keep all of God's law (much like the world's law)
Kinda like making a beautiful painting out of Dog crap, Humans start out with sin.
Jesus did not have Adam's curse so he started out pure and stayed that way.
By being blameless and providing the perfect and final sacrifice,
he "bought back" the forgiveness that was forfited by Adam.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arrow22
No one can keep all of God's law (much like the world's law)

Do you think you were created to bear an unbearable burden?

Love one another. It isn't hard.

Oh but what of the rapist's, murderers, etc?

Do you have them before you?

Love who God sends into your life to love.

He will send that which you can bear.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
First of all, we observe from Scripture that God, from all eternity, compiled a list of those who were to be saved. 'God hath FROM THE BEGINNING chosen you to salvation' (2 Thessalonians 2:13). This implies that God's plan of salvation does not include everyone.

Jesus Christ  is the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world. It was therefore always God's plan to send the Lord and Saviour at the appointed time for the last days. Faith in God before Jesus Christ was credited as righteousness (e.g. Abraham). 

'This is the Father's will that hath sent me' He said, 'that of all which he hath given me, I should lose nothing' (John 6:38,39).

'God hath not appointed us unto wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ' (1 Thessalonians 5:9).

One must be in the LAMB'S Book of Life in order to receive eternal life. How do you know if you are? 'As many as were ordained to eternal life BELIEVED. (Acts 13:48).

If you do not yet believe, please seek God. Seek Him with a humble heart and mind.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

according to many religions...mostly christianity the way to avoid damnation and eternal punishment in hell....is to accept jesus christ as your lord and savior. my question is? what about the mayans? the ancient egyptians? the incas?

They are all over ruled with accepting of Jesus as your Savior. Just as the laws of the Old testament were replaced by Jesus. Thus, no more stonings and the barbaric laws as Jesus fullfilled the prophecies from the Old testament and was sacrificed for a way to reach God's kingdom through him. That is the basics to start with.
edit on 12/27/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Ok but it took 17 million years to make the grand canyon, are you trying to say it was just made by the great flood?
www.bobspixels.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Explain how it took the Grand Canyon 17 million years to form, yet what Geologists notice today with canyons that they form very quickly, from water washout.

Canyon Creation

Grand Canyon

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

every land mass believed in some sort of god. its like its in humans dna or something.

Only because it was been brainwashed into our minds from childhood . I would also like to bring up feral children. They have no concept of god .They cannot grasp many concepts aside from behaviorism. Key parts of their brains were not developed and can never be. We humans are the product of what we are taught from childhood .Not the product of gods . Other wise god would be a feral person if we are created in it's likeliness of god . Religion should never be taught to children stop child indoctrination and brainwashing from the start .

For some reason humans feel the need to immortalize themselves from a fear of death. We humans have had the tendencies for rationalizing concepts that we cannot grasp as the workings of god .

A big part of society today most people cannot think for themselves and need to be told what to think and how to think about it . People fear to questions such things and people wonder why the world is in the state that it is in .

my reply......you say the only reason they were brainwashed is because their parents taught them...well who taught their parents and the parents before them..who taught the caveman ancestors of those parents of a higher power? the other cavemen on another continent?
the idea had to have some sort of origin right? but why is it every land mass believes in a higher power even before boats were invented. Thats the point im trying to make.
edit on 27-12-2011 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2011 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Arrow22

The point of the crucifixion was to destroy the law of moses.

No, the Law was only given to show men how sinful we are. As a "schoolmaster". No one was ever justified by the Law, sins were only covered by animal sacrifices, not atoned for. The purpose of the crucifixion was final atonement for sin.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
In ancient greek, the word "sin" meant "mistake."
Not specific to a fatal error such as murder or persecuting an innocent person, it also
meant something as harmless as spilling a glass of juice. Both are considered sins.
The seven deadly mistakes, are the ones that might get you killed if you aren't careful.
Greed, Gluttony, Lust, and on and on. God won't judge you, but the person on the receiving
end of these "sins" might.
ie> You mess with someone else's wife, you mess with someone else's money, you may have
to pay the consequences of these actions, and these consequences may be fatal.

Christ didn't die for mankind's "sins." He died [allegedly] because of them.

Anyone who is spiritual in nature knows that religion isn't necessary, in fact religion goes against anything natural or "Godly." Church is for the sinner. Find "god" on your own, whether it be in the spirit of your actions, in science, in nature, but don't go to houses of greed and corruption to look for god. All you'll fine are people who've learned to use the bible as a weapon against people's insecurities.

edit on 27-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

www.bobspixels.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Explain how it took the Grand Canyon 17 million years to form, yet what Geologists notice today with canyons that they form very quickly, from water washout.

Canyon Creation

Grand Canyon

Dude you are posting links to a christian site which is all for the young earth BS, at least my links were written by real geologists......here is another link from your goverment explaining all about the Grand canyon.
www.nps.gov...
or some real geologists
geology.com...
Please tell me you don't believe it was made by the great flood?
edit on 27-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

From that aspect he died because he spoke out against the sins ( errors / mistakes ) , Critics get removed one way or the other even in todays society from those they spoke out about .

edit on 27-12-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

link   
One thing is certain, Jesus was real, whether the son of God or not, census records from the time prove this.

As for his crucifixion, it was to fix the error that God made with Adam and Eve, a get out clause for sinners if you want to look at it that way.

link   
reply to post by Foxy1

Exactly. This is where Plato's allegory of 'The Cave' comes in. Our reality is based solely on "perception of truth", not literal truth.

reply to post by woogleuk

The problem with the "census" story is that the census was mentioned in Luke, which was written 100 years after Christ's death. No real census record has actually ever been recovered. Also, the bible mentions that the people were to return to their ancestral homes for the census, but when the Romans took out a census, they didn't require people to go home, they could do it from where they were, which conflicts with the story.
There is not a single document that exists that was written during Christ's life in existence. In fact, not only was everything about him written after his death, but was also written 60-150 years after his death.

edit on 27-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
One thing is certain, Jesus was real, whether the son of God or not, census records from the time prove this.

As for his crucifixion, it was to fix the error that God made with Adam and Eve, a get out clause for sinners if you want to look at it that way.

Got any links to this census? nah your trolling

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm Catholic and we don't believe only Christians go to heaven.
For those who don't know Catholics were the first Christians. Some people around here think Catholics aren't Christians.

link   
My question that I have yet been able to receive an answer is. "If the first teachings and story of Jesus was written by Saul a.k.a Paul
(Who changed his name, which is sketchy right of the bat)
The first writings were written by Saul/Paul 80 yrs. after Jesus's death/resurection. 80 yrs after Jesus's death! Then there are quotes what jesus said over 80 years BEFORE Saul was born! How does anyone know what a person actually said when that person died almost a century before you were born. Nobody has been able to answer that question (which is one of many) Think about it, how could the first recordings of Jesus be from a man that was born 80+ years after Jesus died. If anyone could answer that question, It would be greatly appreciated.

link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

New to ATS I see, I recommend you read the T&C and grow up.

For people who think trolling is funny, and/or accepted here.
edit on 27/12/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

www.bobspixels.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Canyon Creation

Grand Canyon

Dude you are posting links to a christian site which is all for the young earth BS, at least my links were written by real geologists......here is another link from your goverment explaining all about the Grand canyon.
www.nps.gov...
or some real geologists
geology.com...
Please tell me you don't believe it was made by the great flood?

Crying about me posting links to a Christian young-Earth, Creationist website is just an ad hominem attack if you don't address anything the website actually has to say. And furthermore, the author of the 2nd link is Dr. Andrew Snelling, Ph.D. Geology.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I think you might want to find an alternate source.

Dr. Snelling not whom he seems?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join