It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

believers in jesus...please explain this..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
the biggest misconception people have is that Jesus wrote the bible. People wrote the bible, and compared to Jesus people are infinitely stupid. Jesus went around doing stuff that was pretty different then what the church was preaching. although the bible has lots of good stories they are pretty much stories handed down through generations and the stories changed alot as they passsed hands. Did jonah really get swallowed by a whale and he lived inside the whale till the whale threw him out? very unlikely...but it has some sort of moral message and that is what is important.
Jesus didnt walk around carrying a bible..he only took his heart with him.
edit on 27-12-2011 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by k1k1to

Yup what about the other good guys in history (Ghandi=Hindu) etc, they go to hell too because they have not accepted Jesus.
I think there is something in the bible which says If people have not been given the chance of learning about Jesus they get a free pass

Thats is what I was told, when I asked where the little babies or small children went when a tragedy happened to them. Animals too.

Animals don't need salvation. They automatically go to heaven. The salvation plan was for humans and not for animals. As for children. The bible speaks of an age of accountability. Different people interepret the age at what a person would be accountable in different ways. My interpretation is that it is different for everyone, because different people mature mentally at different ages, for some it is older and for some it is younger. God knows each one of us and He knows our heart. He is the only one that is capable of making that judgement. Also, for those that never heard the gospel, they would be judged in different ways, and not according to the salvation plan.

Really, if you are going to ask this question of Christ followers, then it is only fair to ask the same question of other religions.....such as Muslims, Jews, Pagans (where do they think people go when they die and why?), Hindus, Buhdists. Can anyone explain those religions views of where people go when they die and why?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
reply to post by DIDtm

Here's another one:
The Messiah was to be a descendent of King David, but King David was an ancestor of Joseph. If Jesus was the son of "god", then how is Christ a descendent of David?

This one is simple. The human body/bloodline/physical form was a descendant of David. The spirit/life force/soul was the Son of God.

So.... Mary wasn't a virgin? Doesn't that throw a monkey wrench into the cogs of the whole immaculate conception idea?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake

reply to post by DIDtm

Here's another one:
The Messiah was to be a descendent of King David, but King David was an ancestor of Joseph. If Jesus was the son of "god", then how is Christ a descendent of David?

This one is simple. The human body/bloodline/physical form was a descendant of David. The spirit/life force/soul was the Son of God.

So.... Mary wasn't a virgin? Doesn't that throw a monkey wrench into the cogs of the whole immaculate conception idea?

If you understood what Christ taught you would realise that every woman is regarded as the Virgin. Did he love one Mary more than the other?

No! He loved them equally.

Now if someone says my momma isn't as pure as a virgin, well if not for the fact that I love them to, I would smack the taste out of their mouth.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 27-12-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkinJo

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by k1k1to
according to many religions...mostly christianity

the way to avoid damnation and eternal punishment in hell....is to accept jesus christ as your lord and savior.

my question is? what about the mayans? the ancient egyptians? the incas? cavemen etc...what about them? how were they to accept jesus christ as their savior when he wasnt even born yet? are they to live in eternal hell for this?

how were the natives living in north america supposed to know jesus was born? why was he born in a certain part of the planet, and not the other? that doesnt seem fair..

i hate paradoxes

It says in the Bible that when Christ descended into the Earth after He died on the cross that He preached to the souls in prison there. That tells me that He gave His message to those who died before He came to Earth.

According to the bible that YOU believe in he did NOT die on a CROSS, he died on a tree. read Acts 5:30, of course theres the revised version that says the cross just google it or research.

Yeah, yeah, crosses are made of trees. Same thing.

"Hung on wood", "hung on a tree", "Hung on a cross".

All mean the same thing. At the time the Biblical record was written "hung on a tree" carried a different connotation than it does today. Now the term carries the connotation of being hung by a noose from a tree branch. Back then it meant being hung by nails on either a wooded stake, pole, or cross.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

I think you misunderstood my post. I was not saying David was his father. Mary was a direct descendant of King David. Since she was a direct descendant of King David, even as a virgin, Jesus' bloodline/physical body would be a direct descendant from King David. Therefore, no wrench.

Check the Genaology section here

edit on 27-12-2011 by MarshMallow_Snake because: added a link

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

I am a christian because I was born in a state that is mostly christian therfore my parents brought me up that way.

So you only do things because everyone else does it , no free thought ? I have been in a christian family and my wife has been as well . She has come to seriously question the bible before I met her .From an early age in life I knew it was b.s. As I got older and discovered the psychological effects religion has over people . But I guess it is in some of the DNA of some people to question and use a little logic.

every land mass believed in some sort of god. its like its in humans dna or something.

Only because it was been brainwashed into our minds from childhood . I would also like to bring up feral children. They have no concept of god .They cannot grasp many concepts aside from behaviorism. Key parts of their brains were not developed and can never be. We humans are the product of what we are taught from childhood .Not the product of gods . Other wise god would be a feral person if we are created in it's likeliness of god . Religion should never be taught to children stop child indoctrination and brainwashing from the start .

For some reason humans feel the need to immortalize themselves from a fear of death. We humans have had the tendencies for rationalizing concepts that we cannot grasp as the workings of god .

A big part of society today most people cannot think for themselves and need to be told what to think and how to think about it . People fear to questions such things and people wonder why the world is in the state that it is in .

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by freedomSlave

Really? The last ice age the ice melted so fast that it produced the volume of water needed to create a canyon?? lol That's a super fast thawing out.

No No No No the ice sheet moved slowly across the canyon to carve it out. Just like ice sheets do now.

No, canyons are formed by enormously large bodies of water that wash out areas of earth and rock. Canyons were made in under an hour during the Mt. St. Helen's disaster. It's impossible for the Grand Canyon to have been formed by a slow process of water runoff.

link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

LOL couldn't even be bothered to watch all 4 parts I guess. Pathetic your statement is void son . Maybe watch the whole thing before jumping to your little conclusions .

link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
according to many religions...mostly christianity

the way to avoid damnation and eternal punishment in hell....is to accept jesus christ as your lord and savior.

my question is? what about the mayans? the ancient egyptians? the incas? cavemen etc...what about them? how were they to accept jesus christ as their savior when he wasnt even born yet? are they to live in eternal hell for this?

how were the natives living in north america supposed to know jesus was born? why was he born in a certain part of the planet, and not the other? that doesnt seem fair..

i hate paradoxes

It was my belief (not written in the bible)
that when Jesus decended into Sheol (lake of fire is not populated yet)
he went around saying that he could save the ones who believe in him.
Those that believed were delivered those that did not stayed.

as for your paradox, I use a verse from corinthians
"For the word of the cross[or tree] is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

we are not better than everyone else just forgiven by God for our belief.
in Philippians we are told "in humility consider others better than yourselves,"

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
the biggest misconception people have is that Jesus wrote the bible. People wrote the bible, and compared to Jesus people are infinitely stupid. Jesus went around doing stuff that was pretty different then what the church was preaching. although the bible has lots of good stories they are pretty much stories handed down through generations and the stories changed alot as they passsed hands. Did jonah really get swallowed by a whale and he lived inside the whale till the whale threw him out? very unlikely...but it has some sort of moral message and that is what is important.
Jesus didnt walk around carrying a bible..he only took his heart with him.

I have never in over 30 years of my life heard a single person claim that Jesus Christ wrote the Bible until I read it just now in your post.

Christians do not believe or teach people that.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The plain truth is as follows:

Christianity does not believe what scripture plainly states is the plan of God for salvation or what God says happens after death.

Hell... what's in a name?

"Hell" in the old testament is the Hebrew word "Sheol" meaning "a hole in the ground you go when you die" i.e. a "grave".

"Hell" in the new testament is the Greek word "Hades" meaning "a place underground you go to when you die" i.e. a "grave".

Scripture states over 25+ times the following:

"The penalty for sin is DEATH."

Sin is the tragression (breaking) of God's laws. So the penalty for sinning is death not ETERNAL PUNISHMENT. But that is not where God's plan ends...

Here is the plain truth about God's 7,100 year plan for the salvation of mankind:

1. For the last 6000 years (since Adam was created until now) God has called out of the world 144,000 individuals for the purpose of molding and fashioning their way of thinking into unity with God's, they were called for a specific role in the Kingdom of God on Earth (the Good News). They spent their entire lives in a special relationship with God, who over time and trials trasformed their way of thinking from carnal selfish human nature to selfless Godly nature (let this mind be in you that was in Jesus Christ). They include Moses, Arron, David, Solomon, Mary, Joseph, Mark, Luke, John, Mattew, Peter etc. These are the firstfruits of the harvest with Jesus Chist as the first of the firstfruits. These 144,000 are still dead and in the Earth to this day (but not for long).

2. Soon, at the return of Christ these 144,000 will be resurrected to immortal spirit beings (falsely qouted as pertaining to the false idea of a rapture) and form the temple of God, the government of God, the Kingdom of God on Earth. They will reign with Jesus Christ for 1000 years over all those physical beings that make up mankind during those years. They will spend 1000 years perfecting the planet through obidience to God's laws on a universal level, prooving that only God's way of life can lead to peace, all others lead to chaos (see the world around you during this age).

3. After the 1000 years have finished God will then RESURRECT ALL MANKIND THAT HAS EVER LIVED AND DIED TO PHYSICAL LIFE A SECOND TIME (including everyone mentioned in the OP). They will have a new body but the same mind they had in this age. Now all mankind can witness with their own eyes the difference between a world run in obidience to God's perfect laws and the one they died in during this age run by mankind as influenced by Satan. Only then can mankind CHOOSE to obey God and righteously state that "my way" leads to pain, suffering, disease and all that we see in this age; and "God's way" leads to happiness, joy and fulness of life.

4. These physical beings having just been ressurected to physical life a second time will be given a full life (up to 100 years) to learn, grow and change their way of thinking from "my way" to "God's way"; from "get" to "give". After God has transformed their minds into unity with His way of thinking (just as the 144,000 before them), all mankind that chooses to obey God's laws after being given all truth and life experience to base this informed decision on, will be resurected as immortal spirit beings just as Christ and the 144,000 before them. Mankind purpose is to become mebers of the God family, the Elohim of God with Jeus Christ the oldest brother into the billions of members.

5. If after this second life the individual still doesn't not want to obey God's laws so all others can be blessed, God says He will end your life. Never to have life again, you will cease to exist. This is a punishment that will last for eternity but it is NOT the same thing as being eternally punished as the current false understanding of Hell indicates.

God is all loving, all merciful and all knowing. No punishment is finalized untill every single individual that has ever existed is given the perfect contrast in choices, lived in both society's (this age of sin and that age of peace) and makes an informed decision as to how they want to live. If after all is said and done you choose "your way" which is selfish and leads to suffering, then God ends you existance for the good of all Elohim and all of creation.

God Bless,

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

LOL couldn't even be bothered to watch all 4 parts I guess. Pathetic your statement is void son . Maybe watch the whole thing before jumping to your little conclusions .

Of course, why would I need to watch the video to know it's absurd? Canyons were carved in less than an hour from the Mt. St. Helen's disaster. Canyons are carved by large volumes or water in a spill over/washout scenario.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

"Hell" in the new testament is the Greek word "Hades" meaning "a place underground you go to when you die" i.e. a "grave".

And where does the Bible say that Hell/Hades will be cast after Judgment Day?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

The "legal" line of David went through Joseph, Jesus legal father who was the descendent of King Davids wife Bathsheba's son, Solomon (the heir to the throne of David, although the youngest son of Bathsheba).

However, God had cast a curse on that particular bloodline due to the evils of the last few kings in the line, predominantly Jeconiah, the last King before the Babylonian captivity.

But, God had made a law that accounted for families where all the children were girls, and which allowed inheritance to pass on through the daughters in that case (the husbands of the daughters considered to having been adopted as sons of their father-in-laws).

Mary was an only child but was a descendent of King Davids wife Bathsheba's second surviving son, Nathan.

So Jesus had the actual bloodline of King David via Mary his mother, had the legal title to descent from King David via Joseph his father and, as He was conceived through the Holy Spirit, was the actual son of God too.

All makes total sense!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

His blood washed there sins away.
But to be technical they did not sin because they did not have God as there God. In fact God said he would send Jesus to save the gentiles (spelling?) all the "non-Jews " so why would he send people who lived before Jesus was crucified to hell?
The point of the crucifixion was to save all of the non-Jews.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The paradox being when people are on their death beds . Some speak of seeing jesus , god , aliens .

The question being then what are they really seeing ?
Some hospices have pamphlets given out as to patients do tend to make things up ( hallucinate ) .

If they they see a religious figure are they hallucinating then ?
If they see an alien figure are they hallucinating then too ?

They are going to pick the religious figure over the alien because according to some aliens do not exist and it is easier to go with the religious aspect . They cannot explain or even conceive of it being anything other than religious . Even if the are not receiving any medications and are just as coherent when they were healthy . Debate on that one then .

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Yes I guess you are beyond geologist as to how these flash floods explained in ancient texts. Care to shed some light on your thoughts of these flash floods then . I would really be interested in your little theories. As to where all that water came from to almost wipe out numerous civilizations?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

From a christians perspective we all know he didnt but there are more muslims than christians as far as population count is concerned.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

I'd heard of that loophole before, claiming that both were from the same family within the tribe of Judah, but it's a far stretch considering the source (Matthew and Luke), which were written [anonymously] nearly a hundred years after Jesus' alleged death, and none of this explains why Jesus' birth, life, and death sound so much like the myth of Mithras, which predates Christ by nearly 1,500 years. Actually if you look at who penned most of the bible (Paul), who lived in Tarsus, which was dead center in the middle of Mithraic culture when he was doing his writings, things start to become a little more clear.

edit on 27-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join