It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

believers in jesus...please explain this..

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Lol, u forgot my star. J/k Actually, I don't know who that Larkin guy is, I believe I learned about Melchizedek from Dr. Missler on one of his exegetical commentaries. I could be mistaken and I learned it from somewhere else, not sure there.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by KJV1611

Lol, u forgot my star. J/k Actually, I don't know who that Larkin guy is, I believe I learned about Melchizedek from Dr. Missler on one of his exegetical commentaries. I could be mistaken and I learned it from somewhere else, not sure there.

I love Chuck Missler, he is one of the most intelligent people I have heard. I love to visit his website.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by k1k1to

Look up the word Gehenna...

Hell doesn't exist people... and that is according to the bible...

Jesus also used the word Hades....and that is according to the Bible.

Yes but the OP was speaking of Hell... a place of firey torment.. Which does not exist...

There were a few words used to discribe the afterlife...

The story of the rich man and Lazurus describes flames of fire and torment. The story of the unfruitful servant also describes flames of fire and torment. Of the whole New Testament, only the Gospels record hell as being fire and torment.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by KJV1611

I love Chuck Missler, he is one of the most intelligent people I have heard. I love to visit his website.

Amen! He's been a tremendous blessing in my walk with Christ. God bless him. I love how humble he is when he teaches, He always says "not this doesn't mean we are right, it's just the reasons we believe what we do, but it's up to you to research these things for yourselves.."

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to

my question is? what about the mayans? the ancient egyptians? the incas? cavemen etc...what about them? how were they to accept jesus christ as their savior when he wasnt even born yet? are they to live in eternal hell for this?

I read first page and Im surprised no one didn't answer this and forum if "full of christians".

Well it is said in Bible, I dont care to search where, that all people born before Jesus christ, when died was in some sort of waiting area. They were waiting for Jesus to come up there, so they can go to haven too, or hell.

So, according to Bible, if somebody died 50,000 years ago, his soul waited in front of haven for 48,000 until Jesus came back there to haven, and judge all with his father, god the almighty, and so on.
edit on 27-12-2011 by ferumbra because: .

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Believer in Jesus here -

Wish I had seen this thread earlier. As it is, I am on my way to a 12hr graveyard shift ... booo. lol

That being said, I will be back later to respond to your question to the best of my ability according to the answer that was revealed to me (via Scriptural exegesis/study/prayer/etc) after many years of searching for this very answer.

The answer isn't complex per se, but in depth.

Til then

edit on 27-12-2011 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ferumbra

I read first page and Im surprised no one didn't answer this and forum if "full of christians".

It was answered, you might want to go back and read the replies if you missed it and are concerned with knowing the answer.

So, according to Bible, if somebody died 50,000 years ago, his soul waited in front of haven for 48,000 until Jesus came back there to haven, and judge all with his father, god the almighty, and so on.

Time is a physical property, it doesn't exist outside this dimension we call space time. Einstein discovered this fact of our universe.

edit on 27-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

edit on 27-12-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

But wouldn't you think God would already know if these people were not introduced to the religions in the first place? Lol.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I don't believe in a malevolent god who would forsake/condemn those without adequate knowledge.

And NONE of us have adequate knowledge with our limited five senses. We are asked to follow religions spoke from the mouths of men. Men who usually also proclaim that men of (ALL_RELIGIONS - 1) are wrong.

I consider evangelism a very dangerous thing. It is the viral component of religion which overrides historical culture/leads to violence (and the histories of religions are largely histories of violence, unfortunately). I could never tell another person to believe that which I could not prove -- how immoral/arrogant/manipulative to claim to represent truth which cannot be demonstrated.

I don't believe in a god with such a sensitive ego that he would take offense to a person living a decent/moral life while not agreeing to condemn huge majorities fo his fellow man. In fact, I think god would welcome such an accepting spirit in the face of evangelist/social pressures/etc.
edit on 12/27/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

In your scenario say hello to the possible divorce lawyer later on , if she survives .

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

For starters, I am not a Christian, but I do love Jesus Christ. I believe that his message has been mistranslated and/or misunderstood by most of the Christian faith. I too asked the exact same question for a very long time before I found an answer I was satisfied with. But here it is:
In my opinion, what Jesus was saying, was that you must believe in the lessons that he teaches, ie LOVE. Jesus also speaks of meditation and fasting. He speaks of appreciation and patience. He speaks of bettering oneself in order to reach a point of spiritual enlightenment and utter humility/grace that will only lead you to a place of pure bliss and happiness. These are the lessons Jesus spoke of. Sadly, his message has been co-opted, just as every true/just message is. People found that they could gain and profit from controlling the Christian followers and by introducing dualism (you vs me) into their beliefs.
Remember, not everyone who 'believes in Jesus' has any clue as to what that means. Most people do not understand the true magnitude of God.
Granted, God is not meant to be fully comprehended by us in this current lifetime/consciousness. However, it is our duty to experience Godliness in this body, as above, so below.

God bless and good luck on your quest, you're on the right path. And do not let others stupidity dissuade you from opening your eyes to the Truth.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The God/Gods described by humans are not real.Wake up.If a God exists,he is neutral, he is not judgemental etc.

Wake up.People who believe in creationism,Noah's Flood,people living along dinosaurs etc are people who do not understand the concept of evolution , the tectonic plates etc.

They have been brainwashed from year 1 of their lifes and we can't teach them.They became so obssesed with this God that they began to see halucinations etc.

The disscussion is useless because the religious folks will NEVER give up their blind faith because they reject every evidence we give them and they give us FAKE evidence which they believe after it was stated as hoax a million times.

Religion is the biggest tool EVER created by humans to control the masses.It is even written in the bible that we are the sheeps of god.

Sheep = obedient animal

The worst part is that I once believed in God and choosed logic and rationality while others do not posses the brain capacity or courage to do so.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Interesting post,religion is down to the individual.If somebody finds comfort in a belief in a god then why not?But if they act in the extreme (like commiting acts of terrorism) then they need to be stopped.
I personally dont believe in a god ,I think its afterlife insurance. One of the richest groups in the world is the church so why cant "they" bail out some of the poorest peoples of the world?
I watched this film on religion which im sure many readers will be familar with ,but if not its worth a viewing imo ;-)
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Actually, consider this.. Jesus died on the cross for the atonement of the worlds sins.. But also know that the heart of the L-rd goes out to all generations. This means that people in ancient times had a good understanding and perception of a Higher Being. Most fascinating is that they would communicate with this Higher Being through meditation. Whether ancient Mayans where Christians back then I cannot say, however though I may want to say that even Native Americans had left behind some artifacts pointing to Christ..

One becomes saved I must note, through the act of separation and through belief. And it appears that Mayans did separate things that they considered holy, and unholy (clean and unclean). I thought it was interesting anyway..

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

. . . which were written [anonymously] nearly a hundred years after Jesus' alleged death, and none of this explains why Jesus' birth, life, and death sound so much like the myth of Mithras, which predates Christ by nearly 1,500 years. Actually if you look at who penned most of the bible (Paul), who lived in Tarsus, which was dead center in the middle of Mithraic culture when he was doing his writings, things start to become a little more clear.

There is a problem with this bringing the two things together, Mithras, and the bull cult of Tarsus, where Mithras kills the bull, so the bull cult members would not exactly have been fans.

suggested reading: "Lord of the Cosmos: Mithras, Paul, and the Gospel of Mark" Michael Patella
edit on 27-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
bottom line , gawd " loves " us so much that he wont leave us alone

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

In the original tale, the first appearance of "Lucifer" was in the fourteenth chapter of the Old Testament book of Isaiah, at the twelfth verse, and nowhere else: "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"
The problem with this is that Lucifer is a latin name. What's a latin name doing in an ancient Hebrew text? Secondly, the reference given wasn't in regards to a fallen angel, but to a fallen Babylonian King. Also there is no reference that Lucifer is Satan. In fact, Satan isn't mentioned by name or referenced once.
Lucifer is from the Roman name of the Morning Star.

That being said, I don't think "Lucifer" was who you meant in your response. Maybe you were confusing "him" with Azazel, the rebellious "angel" that, along with two others, led the war in heaven.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

You're right. The same way Pagans still aren't happy with Christians claiming Christmas, Easter, and the newest and worst offender "Jesusween" (I wish I were joking).

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Azazel

And how many times does that name come up in the OT? If Lucifer cannot be satan because his name is mentioned only once then that must mean that since you claim it's this Azazel character he must be mentioned in the text numerous times.. correct?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join