It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

believers in jesus...please explain this..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
reply to post by watchdog8110

Agreed. Jesus would be public enemy number 1 if he lived today, because he went against what the "leaders" were doing/saying.

No, He was only a threat/problem for the religious hypocrites. The government declared 7 times during His farce of a trial that He was innocent and found no fault with the Lord.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The religious hypocrites also sat in government seats . Let him go , to maybe he will change his view ?

edit on 27-12-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

How far will you go to fight for your brothers and sisters ?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I know this. I was saying now, that if he was here, he would most likely be a wanted man and labeled a terrorist, since there is such a loose definition of the word these days...but that is for a whole different thread.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I know this. I was saying now, that if he was here, he would most likely be a wanted man and labeled a terrorist, since there is such a loose definition of the word these days...but that is for a whole different thread.

When a person or persons rally around a sports celebrity do they not rally for the person or what they stood for . Do we rally for justice and the lack there of ?

When a governmental official runs for office , do some turn out to be false prophets in the end of it all ?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

The religious hypocrites also sat in government seats . Let him go , to maybe he will change his view ?

What? No, the priests were from the tribe of Levi, the rulers/kings were from the tribe of Judah. And besides that, when Christ lived there was no Dividic throne, Kings were appointed by Rome. Herod was not from the tribe of Judah. And even then when Christ was turned over to Herod he didn't find fault with him and sent Him back to the Roman Authorities.

Me? Fight how? I don't understand what you're asking me.

edit on 27-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Oh yes, perhaps. I agree. I misread your earlier post. I thought you were claiming Christ was killed for being a terrorist in His day.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by boymonkey74

New to ATS I see, I recommend you read the T&C and grow up.

For people who think trolling is funny, and/or accepted here.
edit on 27/12/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

I thought you was the one trolling.....
By saying there is a census with Jesus in it I asked you for links and thought your post was a joke post because I have never heard of any census with Jesus in go on give me links, back up your claims.....census? I wanna see that then....links please...show me the census records...lol
Please show me the census...or your claim that it proves he lived are just as false as your book.
edit on 27-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

So when good people die, they don't go to the grave? Are good people to be cremated and kept in urns on someone's mantle or turned into gems?

I believe that Jesus revealed Himself to all people in all times. The gift of salvation is for all people and just because people think Jesus only came to Israel 2,000 years ago, that is not the case.

Even John says in his gospel that there could not be enough ink or paper that could ever report the things Jesus did. And, as much as I am not a Mormon, I do believe that Jesus said He had other sheep that He had to go and get to bring them into the flock. Those other sheep were not named, but He knew where they were and who they were, so I will leave the sheep getting up to Him. Jesus may not have revealed Himself as Jewish to the sheep He went to get, He may have appeared to them according to their understanding. And as far as Native Americans go, there is a tradition in some of the tribes of the "Great, White Brother" who will come again one day.

We know the Mayans did believe Quetzlcoatl would come again from the East. In all of the traditions that we do not usually think of as having a Christology, they are consistent with the concept of a man who came to them, who taught them, and then left them with the promise of return.

The Christians have a very Jewish-centered ideology of the identity of Jesus, but that is not to say that people who did not know what a Jew was could not have their own concept of Jesus.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Fight as is what jesus did according to the bible . Sacrifice for brothers and sisters ( family ) . Would you sacrifice someone else so you could survive or give your life for your family . Some would fight for the material objects rather than for a person . Some hide behind human shields .

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Oh, well yeah, I'd sacrifice my life if my friends and family could live. Like I always tell people, "You can't scare a Christian with the threat of going to meet Jesus."

lol

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

I believe that Jesus revealed Himself to all people in all times. The gift of salvation is for all people and just because people think Jesus only came to Israel 2,000 years ago, that is not the case.

Mithras did the same thing 3,400 years ago, being known as "the one who would bring Salvation to all of man." Maybe "Christ" was one of the representations of "all times"... if you believe the hype as anything more than mythology.

edit on 27-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

"the one who would bring Salvation to all of man."

LOL!!!!! Christ was the fulfillment of a prophecy for a redeemer of mankind that was given in the garden to Adam and Eve. The prophecy was given to Lucifer as well, he had thousands of years to come up with a copy-cat story or 20. That's why you have many "savior" stories in all the world's religions. satan knew the end result, but didn't have any of the fine details. That's why there are several slightly similar stories, with only the details different.

All the enemy can do is try to copy the plans and works of God.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

What? No, the priests were from the tribe of Levi, the rulers/kings were from the tribe of Judah. And besides that, when Christ lived there was no Dividic throne, Kings were appointed by Rome. Herod was not from the tribe of Judah. And even then when Christ was turned over to Herod he didn't find fault with him and sent Him back to the Roman Authorities.

Jesus is a priest after the order of Melchizedeck, forever. I think in this day and time, Jesus would be considered a passive resistance, someone who will not fight with the sword but fights with words and concepts. The next time, it will be with a sword, but that sword goes out from His mouth.

Revelation 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Can you imagine, there has never been a sword ever created that could discern the thoughts and intents of the heart, so this is a spiritual sword and it divides. We are called to defend the weak, but we are not to be a thoughtless suicide bomber, because that is not sacrifice. We have to understand what sacrifice is...

Example....A man, his wife, and three children are riding in their car and it breaks down. Evil people comes along and with a gun, tells the man that his wife is going to be raped and the man will be shot to death if he tries to stop it. So the man has three children to think of because he is their only means of support and he is their father, he does not want them to grow up alone.

Does the man fight to stop it from happening in front of his children? Who must he save in this situation? His wife is now the sacrifice to satiate the evil lust of the evil people, and his children had to witness this. The man did not use his children as a shield.

What should the man do? Jesus had to save us with the least amount of harm.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Jesus is a priest after the order of Melchizedeck, forever.

"After the order of Melchizedek" means someone who is both a king and priest. Melchizedek was ruling when Abraham was alive, because we learn that he paid tithe to him for his nephew Lot. Melchizedek was dead when Jacob blessed Levi with the priesthood and Judah with the kings.

And there are only 3 people in the Bible who are both kings and priests. Melchizedek, Jesus, and the body of Christ. For the majority of everyone else on the planet the priestly line and the kingly line never shared functions or anointing.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul

Mithras did the same thing 3,400 years ago, being known as "the one who would bring Salvation to all of man." Maybe "Christ" was one of the representations of "all times"... if you believe the hype as anything more than mythology.

edit on 27-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

The Mithraic Mysteries was a mystery religion practised in the Roman Empire from about the 1st to 4th centuries AD. The name of the Persian god Mithra, adapted into Greek as Mithras, was linked to a new and distinctive imagery. Romans also called the religion Mysteries of Mithras or Mysteries of the Persians; modern historians refer to it as Mithraism,[1] or sometimes Roman Mithraism.[2][3] The mysteries were popular in the Roman military.[4]

It is not surprising that the very people who subjugated the people of where Jesus was from, would not consider them to be the same mythology. The Romans did not say Mithras was Jesus, because they knew Jesus. Think about it, if the people then did not find them to be the same, then those Romans (pre-Christian) would have very easily incorporated him into their system of worship. They did not.

The Persians saw Mithras as the principal assistant of Ahura Mazda, the god of goodness and light. Mithras battled demons, sorcerers, and other evildoers and helped the souls of worthy humans. In another role, as a god of war, he rode in a golden chariot pulled by four horses. Born from the earth, Mithras emerged from a broken rock with a torch in one hand and a sword in the other. These objects represented his two roles as sun god and war god. Read more: Mithras - Myth Encyclopedia - mythology, Greek, god, ancient, war, world, Roman, life, people www.mythencyclopedia.com...

Either the Romans were very stupid, they could not see what you see today, or they were very astute about what they believed and would roll over in their catacombs laughing at people today who think Jesus was a rip-off of their religion.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by WarminIndy

Jesus is a priest after the order of Melchizedeck, forever.

"After the order of Melchizedek" means someone who is both a king and priest. Melchizedek was ruling when Abraham was alive, because we learn that he paid tithe to him for his nephew Lot. Melchizedek was dead when Jacob blessed Levi with the priesthood and Judah with the kings.

And there are only 3 people in the Bible who are both kings and priests. Melchizedek, Jesus, and the body of Christ. For the majority of everyone else on the planet the priestly line and the kingly line never shared functions or anointing.

And not only that, Melchizedeck was considered to have no mother or father. It often makes me wonder how powerful he must have seemed, to be the one father Abraham paid tithes to.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Look up the word Gehenna...

Hell doesn't exist people... and that is according to the bible...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by k1k1to

Jesus also used the word Hades....and that is according to the Bible.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by k1k1to

Jesus also used the word Hades....and that is according to the Bible.

Yes but the OP was speaking of Hell... a place of firey torment.. Which does not exist...

There were a few words used to discribe the afterlife...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Wow. Looks like someone has been reading some Clarence Larkin or "The sure word of Prophecy" at least. Most Christians have no clue about what you are talking about here bud. Star for you just for knowing about this subject. There are also crowns and thrones to discuss, but that is off topic. (look up David and his "position" in regards to this topic. He appears to have been a Prophet, Priest, and King. Only Jesus Christ will hold that title one day. I guess that is why Jesus will sit on the throne of David huh? David may rule as King in Jerusalem during Eternity.....not sure though)
edit on 27-12-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join