It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Ron Paul forum

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
As many have already said before there are just too many ATS Ron Paul threads. This is getting to be ridiculous. I do not hate Ron Paul, nor do I hold the actions of his followers against him, but this is just insane. There are so many Ron Paul threads I get confused of what site I am on, is it AboveTopSecret or the Ron Paul Forums. Look, I know he has an enormous following here at ATS, and I would never want to silence them, all I ask is that we organize the Ron Paul threads so that they are not everywhere.

The other day I read a similar thread to this one, created a while ago, and someone suggested the OP just block the politics forums; I will not do that. Politics is my favorite part of ATS, so that would make no sense. All that I am asking is that this at least be discussed by the site owners and/or the supermoderators. I am not alone in this sentiment. We do not hate Ron Paul nor do we want to have posts about him stopped, we would just like to have them organized into a specific area like an ATS Ron Paul forum, create a Ron Paul super thread such as Quake Watch 2012, or have the moderators move all RP threads into the 2012 election forum.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
HE IS INNOVATOR A MAN WITH TALENTS THAT HAS BEEN ABROAD FOR MANY CENTURIES IAS
IS ONE OF THE GREAT ESTABLISHMNETS HE CREATED ALONG WITH HIS FILMS AND ONCE ALEADER IN THE NAVY I SALUTE RON PAUL

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 26/12/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

" The other day I read a similar thread to this one, created a while ago, and someone suggested the OP just block the politics forums; I will not do that. Politics is my favorite part of ATS, so that would make no sense. All that I am asking is that this at least be discussed by the site owners and/or the supermoderators. I am not alone in this sentiment. We do not hate Ron Paul nor do we want to have posts about him stopped, we would just like to have them organized into a specific area like an ATS Ron Paul forum, create a Ron Paul super thread such as Quake Watch 2012, or have the moderators move all RP threads into the 2012 election forum. "

That is a Very Good Idea there IMO Misoir . These Pro and Con Ron Paul Threads do seem to Distract ATS Members and Visitors away from the other Pertinent and Thought Provoking Threads here . Since there are so Many of them , it would be a Good Idea to create a Single Forum . Let's Hope the Site Owners take it under Consideration.........

Merry Christmas Misoir !.......

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I think this would be a great idea. It would be much easier to ignore the Paulbots if they could be directed to their own forum. I already have Politicians & People on ignore, but they keep posting about Him in other forums, adding to the noise and clutter. As an apaulist, I am not very interested in their threads, and find myself spending less and less time on this site. (Feelings on that, if not entirely apathetic, may be mixed.) If we cannot have a dedicated Ron Paul forum, can we at least direct RP threads to Politicians & People or Conspiracies in Religion?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
So should ATS also make a separate forum for women too if YOU conclude that there are too many women posting here?

How about Europeans and Asians, too many for you? White and blacks, Jews and Muslims, too many??

If YOU think that there are too many Ron Paul ports here, how about controlling the click button on your PC mouse? Its something called personal responsibility.

Nobody is forcing anyone to click on a Ron Paul thread. Dont click the thread, and your problem is solved. See how simple?

I think that there should be a separate forum for useless and silly threads, but who am I to suggest that. This one would be a good candidate for that by the way...

SIGH.

edit on 25-12-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Dear Misoir,

You know my respect for you is massive, so I bring up a question just to clarify.

The mods haven't been able to get the Election 2012 thread to work. Look at fire-hose and take note of all the elections threads that belong in that new forum. If we can't get that to work, how would a Ron Paul forum work?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
ATS don't make political statements.

Think that it's in the T&Cs somewhere.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Robbing Peter To Pay Paul

New forums are ultimately up to the site owners to decide, but in general, they aren't created to segregate varying opinions.

Rather, the "secret sauce" of ATS is bringing together people with many different points of view and offering them a place to discuss them in (ideally) a civil, constructive manner.

There are many vocal Ron Paul supporters among the ATS membership, and they are as entitled to express their opinions as anyone else.

As objectionable and distasteful as politics can be, they are at their best when platforms and doctrines clash in the marketplace of ideas.

edit on 12/26/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Great idea!

I can hide it and viola, no more RP threads to view!

It might please the folks on here that wish to censor my views on RP as well.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

Perhaps the mods and administrators don't but RP's supporters on here give the vibe that ATS as a whole is pro-RP.

Not a bad thing but it can be annoying.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The Price of Fame

reply to post by The Sword

If there are a lot of Ron Paul supporters, there are a lot of Ron Paul supporters.

It's not really up to us to decide.

Related thread: Ron Paul is Taking Over ATS, is there anything the mods can do?

edit on 12/26/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I don't see how it has anything to do with discrimination. There is a section designated specifically for religion, are the site owners bigots because they have made this? No, they are efficient. Obviously, on a site such as this, there would be a lot of threads started involving religious theology. So, they create a place for these threads to allow for more organization and easy access.

I support Doctor Paul, yet I am still becoming annoyed with the constant threads related to him. Not that I would normally care but these threads are usually beating a dead horse of information. The same thread about the same Ron Paul-related subject. Also, there are just as many threads complaining about these Ron Paul threads!

The threads about Doctor Paul are starting to dilute the other threads, in my opinion. We have just as many threads (if not more) on Ron Paul than we do Religion. I honestly think a Ron Paul forum area, at least one that is temporary, should be placed into effect.

In regards to the counter-argument:

I know it is strictly circumstantial but I have not seen this many threads made about any politician, including President Obama. I understand that if it was about somebody such as Barack Obama, there would not be another thread created because it is relevant, and so is Doctor Paul. However, the threads are getting out-of-hand and, at least, if they were all in one area, we could easily browse them and pick through the duplicates that can be such a hassle for moderators to constantly watch for and delete.

Heck, if the site developers really wanted to get crazy, they could create a whole sub-section strictly related to the United States Presidential Campaign and create sub-forums within there related to each candidate. Of course, that probably won't happen on a international website, but a creative idea, nonetheless.
edit on 27-12-2011 by ErroneousDylan because: Just like making you read this.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Yes. There are getting to be too many Ron Paul threads clogging up my screenspace.

It's no secret, but FYI there are an army of Ron Paul spammers creating threads on every site where they are allowed to do so, in a quest to get the man elected.

Not everyone wants all RP all the time.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I am desperate for such a forum, I counted the number of Ron Paul threads on the recent post’s page the other day and I counted at least 10 spamming several of the forums. My life on ATS would be so much simpler if we could have a Ron Paul forum, even if it was just a temporary thing until this novelty passes and his fans on ATS realise he is just a rich power hunger war mongering liar like every other politician that has gone before him.

I want a ron paul Forum so I can ignore it.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Going to echo what's been said... and add the following.

While I do not think they should be moved to a separate forum per-say, I do think it's time to reiterate the T&C's to a lot of the more fevered RP supporters... Not all of us share the same unwavering love for this person, nor should be be denigrated and ripped apart and called (sometimes nasty) names/insults just because we aren't on the RP bandwagon. If it were any other topic the mods would be warning people left and right to knock off the insults, why is it ok to insult those who don't really like the guy or have serious concerns about him?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
This is getting to be ridiculous.

Indeed.

The ridiculous part is more in the fact that so many people have allowed themselves to be fooled into thinking one candidate can make any different within the current system -- or that Ron Paul is anything other than a distraction.

There will be no forum.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Misoir
This is getting to be ridiculous.

Indeed.

The ridiculous part is more in the fact that so many people have allowed themselves to be fooled into thinking one candidate can make any different within the current system -- or that Ron Paul is anything other than a distraction.

There will be no forum.

I'm not American ,but this man can make difference ..i got this feeling ...to many Europeans like me and others non - Americans are waiting the anouncement of US POTUS that will bring ALL troops home ...and that is enough for the rest of the World (trust me) ... not to mention he will end fake Wars on drugs and terror which failed .

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Would ATS not even consider putting this to a member vote?

Just seems like you have a proportion of your membership who are calling for a Ron Paul forum and we are at the end of the day customers to ATS. It’s always a good thing to respond to what your customers are wanting. I do not understand why ATS is so opposed to this and it’s disappointing to see the site owners not displaying any diplomacy and opting to hold such a strongly firm view that “there will be no forum”.

Let’s face it, ATS would be nothing without us members so with all due respect sceptic, listening to us might be pertinent in this respect, you should really listen to what your members are saying to you otherwise you may start losing us. I am not threating to leave, I love this fantastic website you have created and I thank you and the other owners for it however ATS is just as replaceable as my socks. If the plague of Ron Paul threads continues with the current momentum the Ron Paul movement is gaining on ATS those members who like me that are growing tired of seeing his name spam the recent post page may just leave.

I would urge you as a customer of ATS and a contributing member of this community to reconsider your firm stance in that “there will be no forum”.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Not to kiss ass or anything but thanks for proving me wrong.

I had ATS unfairly pegged as a Ron Paul fanboy site.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Just wait until about mid March or June when he drops out because he figures out he can't win. Shortly after that the fanbois will go back to whatever it was they were doing until it comes time for him to run again only the next time he will do it with a vengeance from his hospital gurney on life support.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join