It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Ron Paul forum

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Oh no that will be even worse because then we will have to put up with months of threads about how the NWO blocked him from getting the nomination.

Then again even if he did win the nomination and even win the election and become POTUS we would then have to put up with years of threads about how he has been corrupted by the evil NWO.

Either way ATS is still going to be plagued by these threads, unless of course we have a forum for any thread to do with Ron Pauls so that those of us who are not interested in him can ignore it.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
I had ATS unfairly pegged as a Ron Paul fanboy site.

A lot of fanboys of his come to ATS, but he's really not the man they think he is. I admire his apparent ability to remain true to his ideals -- but two problems remain:

1) There's a great deal in his "ideals" that one should worry about

2) No single politician in the current system can make any difference, ever

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by MacDonagh

Perhaps the mods and administrators don't but RP's supporters on here give the vibe that ATS as a whole is pro-RP.

Not a bad thing but it can be annoying.

Seeing as an ATS Straw Poll concluded that about 80% of ATS members support(ed) Ron Paul, it would make sense that we would find a lot of support and discussion of Ron Paul. When I don't want to read a Ron Paul thread, I skip it and I find something else to read. Yes, there are a LOT of threads on him lately, but it's a hot topic with the elections coming up, and our futures hanging in the balance. Add to that the fact that there are conspiracies in the media regarding Ron Paul, and you'll find many things to talk about on the subject of RP, especially here on ATS.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

A lot of fanboys of his come to ATS, but he's really not the man they think he is. I admire his apparent ability to remain true to his ideals -- but two problems remain:

1) "There's a great deal in his "ideals" that one should worry about"
Such as?

2) "No single politician in the current system can make any difference, ever"
Electing Ron Paul would be a good start. What else do we do? Just give up???
edit on 12/27/2011 by Blueracer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

What a defeatist attitude.

Irregardless, I don't understand how the personal opinion of someone should interfere with the creation of ease of access within the site. Just because you do not have as optimistic of an opinion as the "fan boys" does not mean a forum should not be created. No matter how you feel, there is still an abundance of threads being created that would benefit from having their own section.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I'm a big RP supporter and I must say there are a lot more threads lately. This is mainly due to attacks on him which comes hand in hand with being in the "top tier." Also the Troll-Slayers have been working overtime...as are the trolls. I've even taken a bit of a break while I wait for the Primaries to start.

But you know as well as I that this is a conspiracy forum and there are a lot of issues that RP talks about that are talked about here. Not surprising that 80% here like him. Not to mention the conspiracy thats been going on with the GOP, neo-cons and MSM against RP. Just more to talk about.

I do understand your point but it is election time and a lot of people feel this is probably the most important election in our history.

As for me taking a break...I just utilize my Constitutional right while I still have it and choose which threads to click on.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
Such as?

Isolationist foreign policy
abortion
social programs
financial strategy

Electing Ron Paul would be a good start.

While I admit I'd like to see what happens... it will never happen. See below...

What else do we do? Just give up???

There must be fundamental systemic changes such that an idealist may have the opportunity to initiate more change than simply occasional rhetoric and talking points.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
What a defeatist attitude.

It's a pragmatic outlook, based on years of experience with the system... and conversations with those within.

It's not "defeatist" to realize that meaningful change will occur without sweeping evolutionary changes to the "system" we now have.

I don't understand how the personal opinion of someone should interfere with the creation of ease of access within the site.

I hold a very dim view of chemtrails and the majority of the 9/11 conspiracies discussed on ATS -- but we have a forum for both.

It's very different to set aside a forum for the discussion of a range of similar topics than it is to set aside a forum for one specific political candidate. That could be interpreted as an "ATS Endorsement." An interpretation (for anyone) we will always avoid.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I share your skepticism and when I say that I can't support Ron Paul, I'm often asked by folks who I would support.

My answer has always been NONE OF THE ABOVE.

I've been very honest about my support for Obama in the past. I realized that it was a mistake.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

That may be so, but if anything, Doctor Paul would act as a catalyst to create these meaningful changes from society.

As far as creating a forum, I did recommend a section solely devoted to the entire USA Presidential Campaign, as opposed to merely one for Ron Paul.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

There is such a forum.

The 2012 US Election forum...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12/27/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Its just my two cents here, but if the endless threads of Elenin and the ongoing global Occupy movement didn't rate their own threads, Dr. Paul doesn't. I respect the man and he'll get my vote if nothing changes and he makes it that far...but lets not lose perspective here.

He's a man, nothing more..and 1 man at that. In a year, he'll either have made history or we'll never really care about hearing his name again either way. I'm just being realistic. ATS doesn't strike me as the site to raise and lower forums based on fads or passing subjects, even if some deeply support this subject.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Ah... well, I suppose I meant a whole sub-division of forum, with a forum within for each candidate. I am aware that is probably too much to ask for, however.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

There is a good chance that a Ron Paul forum may have a very short lifespan. There is a good chance he becomes irrelevant in this election at the beginning of March.

We don't have an Obama forum...and lord knows we have had many many Obama threads...and will once the election moves from the primaries to the general.

We have a US Elections forum...Ron Paul is in the elections...I have no idea why that isn't good enough.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
There are too many conspiracy threads on ATS

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

It is great (not) to find out that you have no real respect for Ron Paul, or, that you don't believe that he is clearly better than the choices we have.
At some point, perhaps you could elaborate a bit, besides just throwing out these little teasers about his "isolationist" policies, or whatever else you believe.
I sincerely hope that you don't have an overbearing influence on your subordinates.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

A fantastic idea. I used to be a daily visitor here, but with the non stop Ron Paul activity, I find the site getting tiresome. At times, it does not even matter what the thread is about, someone works Paul into their response. Put them in a separate forum and allow those who are interested to go there.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The Talk Of The Town

reply to post by dolphinfan

Even if it were created, it's unlikely Ron Paul supporters would confine their political commentary to a Ron Paul forum. Like anyone else, they will still have and will still want to share their opinions about other issues, both political and nonpolitical, throughout ATS. As long as they do so in accordance the the terms & conditions, they are as entitled to do so as any ATSer.

Looking ahead, if Dr. Paul doesn't win the Republican nomination, his relevance to the election will decline and we can assume the volume of discussion involving him will follow suit.

On the other hand, if he does win the nomination, or decides to run as a third-party or independent "spoiler" candidate ala Ross Perot (Hmm, both have the initials "R.P." Coincidence or conspiracy? You decide), then he will be quite relevant regardless of his presumed chances to win the election.

In that case, all the attention he gets on ATS would be justified.

Overall, what is popular on ATS is what the membership deems popular. It's always been that way and (hopefully) always will.

As individuals, we may not like that, but it's been working pretty well so far, and is probably about as close to "democracy" as anything any of us will actually see in our lifetimes.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
It is great (not) to find out that you have no real respect for Ron Paul

He's a politician, a class of individual for whom disdain is always my default position.

The last politician I truly admired AND respected was Daniel Patrick Moynihan, who I have the pleasure of meeting and conversing two separate times.

There are no contemporaries, on a national scale, who similarly inspire me... not even a little.

or, that you don't believe that he is clearly better than the choices we have.

You misunderstand, and perhaps are unfamiliar with my previous commentary on similar subjects. I don't believe "we" have choices, only variations on vanilla flavoring.

At some point, perhaps you could elaborate a bit

The Tea Party Is Over - The conspiracy to kill a grass roots political movement
The Conspiracy of American Political Peril
"Damn The Country, Obama Must Fail"
The Quadrennial Exploitation Of The Moronic Masses

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

no, it could be just like the forum on Japan and the reactor crisis. A lot of people were interested in it at the time. and this too will pass unless he is elected, in which case it will probably be similar to Barack and the Birth Certificate.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join