It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran starts building a nuclear weapon: US and Israel tighten cooperation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Iran starts building a nuclear weapon: US and Israel tighten cooperation

www.debka.com

debkafile's Washington sources report that the Islamic Republic crossed the red line President Barack Obama had set for the United States, i.e., when Tehran begins using the technologies and fissile materials (enriched uranium) it has amassed for assembling a bomb or missile warheads. This marks the moment that Iran goes nuclear and only a short time remains before it has an operational nuclear weapon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes .com

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Debkafile is an Israeli based intelligence news service and from what I've researched, is fairly credible. It's listed on Forbes best of the web. If this is legitimate, it means a strike on Iran is probable in the next year, especially since it's an election year. Enjoy your 3 dollar gas while it lasts. A strike on Iran has so many consequences, it's blatantly dangerous. Both China and Russia will back Iran if Israel and or the US engages in any airstrikes or other military action. There is other credible evidence of a gathering military buildup in Kuwait; ie many soldiers from Iraq are staying put in Kuwait.

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

I haven't yet had the chance to verify the claims in the Debka article, but please be prepared to get flamed over the source. I'm not flaming you, but I scrutinize any news coming from Debka before I base an opinion. I will get back to you if I find anything worth while.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Iran starts building a nuclear weapon

New fresh provaganda to start a new war.. there are no nukes
did we not learn anything in Irak ?
The US gov is a bunch of lying murderers

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The strategic planning and tactics have been laid for years now, but the most important aspect (public opinion/approval) has not. We are seeing it now as more and more gems are laid by the MSM to try and use fear to convince the public that it needs another war, especially against a nation with such deep ties internationally. If they try another false flag on US soil people will know and will rebel. 9/11 was barely escapable (in other words "foolable") and with today's open distrust of the government I do not believe they will be able to pull of another 9/11.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
prediction; Obama will back down and leave Israel hanging.
Israel will do what it must and Persia & friends will retaliate.

interesting prophecy in Ezek 38 where 'Magog' (Russia?), Persia and others invade Israel.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I haven't yet had the chance to verify the claims in the Debka article, but please be prepared to get flamed over the source. I'm not flaming you, but I scrutinize any news coming from Debka before I base an opinion. I will get back to you if I find anything worth while.

Please do! I've never even heard of Debka; just got a new video from a Youtube subscriber with the news. If Debka is like whatreallyhappened, and no one can find any other legitimate sources, then we can call it bunk.

But we do have the the Joint Chiefs chairman and the Secretary of defense publicly stating in the last week that the United States IS planning to strike Iran IF they reach the tipping point of solid intel that their going ahead with weaponization of nuclear material. Add to that the downing of the stealth drone plane, and I think things are getting very serious.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
www.jpost.com...

"The reason is simple – the Iranians are at the stage where they have enriched the required amount of uranium and mastered the necessary technology to build a bomb.

All they have to do is decide to do so and begin racing ahead. The temptation might be too hard to resist."

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

Maybe all the rhetoric and this new supposed intel is propaganda to get us into war.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Well where'd they get the highly enriched materials for that then?
The IAEA itself has been able to account for all enriched material, which has nothing to do with inspections, and is a monitored operation.

Seriously, DEBKA is just another Israeli propaganda piece, always has been and always will be.

Isn't that the way of journalism today though, where faced with a lack of evidence or facts, just make it up, knowing the ones you are making the crap up about are not in a position to refute it?

Bottom line, Israel wants a war (well, they want others to go fight for them), the bankers want a war, the bought off politicians want a war and the corporations want a war. So we'll have a war, just don't expect any of those I mentioned having to go fight it.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT

Originally posted by Vandalour

Maybe all the rhetoric and this new supposed intel is propaganda to get us into war.

That was also what I meant.. did I write it wrong ?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

No, I'm just slow sometimes. Following conspiracies has my brain all mixed up.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It's a sticky wicket. I personally believe there is a high probability that Iran has been pursuing a nuclear weapons program well before 2002, and as of 2007, probably had the fissionable material to build at least two low-yield nuclear bombs. Several IAEA reports provide evidence supportive of that premise.

The sticky wicket part ..... WHO gets to say that this country can, and this country can't? I also believe that the world would be a safer place without a nuclear Iran, and I said the same thing about North Korea. However, playing my own devil's advocate and trying to be objective, Iran only benefits via bargaining power by having such weapons. I think the world would be a safer place, because I don't trust that (IF Iran has or will have nukes) the Iranian government will use them as a MAD deterrant but might put the big birds into play. I'd LOVE to be wrong about this.

I think that a military move against Iran by the U.S./allies/NATO.......... whomever......... signals the beginning of the end. So the global gamble carries on. Do they? Will they? Which is worse -- to strike first or to wish you had?

Sticky wicket. I hope and pray the next President of the U.S. has the good sense to become more isolationist, and get the hell out of the Middle East.

reply to post by Britguy

The IAEA hasn't had a clear road to inspections in Iran since 2003, in my opinion. Their reports sound far more concerned and urgent than accepting and congratulatory.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 22/12/11 by argentus because: spellin'

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Most people will design a defense against one bully.

Two bullies requires something bigger.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Let them build their nuke, Israel and Iran will either glass each other, or kiss and make up. Use one on us and well... We'll pave paradise and put up a glass parking lot.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
The IAEA hasn't had a clear road to inspections in Iran since 2003, in my opinion. Their reports sound far more concerned and urgent than accepting and congratulatory.

The IAEA has gotten virtually everything they've wanted from Iran, with some very small exceptions. Contrast that with the situation in Israel. Iran is a member of the NPT, and Israel is not. The IAEA doesn't have a clue about what is going on at Dimona, and yet the hypocrisy continues. For all we know, Israel could have nukes crammed up everyone's rears, but get them to admit it? No chance.

Well I am sick of this frigging finger pointing, when all fingers ought to be pointing, menacingly, at Israel. Evidence linking Iran to 9/11 isn't classified, now is it. But it is for Israel. Oh yeah. Israel gets to do whatever they want with impunity, and try to file a FOIA for release of any of that info and forget it. Protect Israel at all costs. Even when Israel kills Americans! Iran had nothing to do with 9/11 until the warmongering, grubby slimeballs needed additional reasons to go to war with Iran, because otherwise there just simply is no rationale to attack Iran. They ain't got jack doo doo on Iran. So what do they do? MAKE IT UP. Stolen laptop my ass!

I hope Iran gets two or three nukes soon, so Israel will have to just shut the hell up and live with it. Iran and the rest of the middle east has been living with Israel's nukes for an awful long time now. It's high time Iran is allowed to defend itself with the weapon that Israel holds over everyone else's head so wrongfully righteously.

Nukes are not flying now with NK, Pakistan, India, or anywhere else, and they are not going to start flying from Iran, either. Nukes are a ridiculous money pit not needed by any of these countries, or ours, for that matter. Humans have been killing each other effectively for thousands of years without them. It's just more warmongering from the MIC, who seem to have a bottomless pit that is NEVER, EVER satisfied. They need to go bye bye. For good.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

....US and Israel tighten cooperation

Is that genuinely possible; can Israel and the US get any tighter?

Everybody knows Debkafile is a Mossad front that aims to set the news agenda in the US and Europe. One of its techniques involves the production of false news to generate new realities that serves the zionist agenda. It uses controlled conduits such as Reuters, the New York Times, the Asia Times, etc. in the first instance to saturate the fringe media, then CNN, BBC and France Channel 5 regurgitate this material while citing Reuters and the New York Times as a source.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

After reading the article I saw no concrete evidence provided,just more rhetoric.

Nothing more than propaganda to keep the issue in the MSM.

Instead of "US and Israel tighten cooperation" truth is "US and Israel tighten collusion".
edit on 12/22/2011 by dezertdog because: added content

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
What the hell happened to "one year away from a bomb"? Something here stinks

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I don't disagree with much of what you responded with. Your passion for the situation is clear, and also the direction that the majority of which your focus is aimed. I've been striving for a balanced view -- my truth -- and in order to do that, I had to shelve a bit of my own foregone conclusions.

There is no question in my mind that the tinderbox is piled high -- and has been for quite some time -- and just requires a tiny little spark to set it off. I hope that calm minds can prevail; I admit I don't see much evidence of it, TA.

Have you read the IAEA reports? Just curious. They don't mince words. ... .... much. The reports are couched in the language used by those who have strong evidence, but lack the proof to reach a definative conclusion. One of the reasons for that surety is their inability to inspect freely, and that is not a new circumstance by any means. Do I trust the IAEA implicitly? Well.......... I probably wouldn't love being here if I did, but sometimes a person has to tip their faith in one direction or another. I believe they are at least trying to fulfill the tenants of their charter. Iran, in my opinion, is a master gamesman, specializing in three-card-monte and other distractions. It's all in the reports. For what it's worth, I really hope you're right.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join