It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christmas Hoax: Jesus is NOT the "Reason for the Season"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by gabby2011

yes.. you found the links that discredit him..

uh, all I did was a google search for him. You said I should look into it. (him), so I did. I looked at the sites that came up....and found the stuff I c/p above. Didn't have to dig very deeply.

yes.. He was falsely accused of deception.. much like Christ was accused of performing miracles through the power of satan.

Many Christians who follow the way of Christ are persecuted. both spiritually by the evil forces.. as well as by humans.

Curious.. there was much more written about him.. why would you choose the part about the false allegations about him only?

I have asked him to pray for you..though I'm sure he already does.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Thanks. Appreciate that.

EDIT TO ANSWER YOUR Q:

Curious.. there was much more written about him.. why would you choose the part about the false allegations about him only?

Gabs, I did a search, found this "wikipedia" entry, and subsequently the things I c/p. I did NOT go out of my way, no matter what you think.
Did you watch the video about Jesus being a Buddhist monk? Or just decide it was crap because it doesn't support your opinion?
edit on 28-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by Annee

God who? The subject here is not whether there is a god or not. You can take your god and shove it.

You can choose to leave God out of the equation..that is your choice.

I only have to look at the life of Padre Pio and other saints to know that Jesus is still very much alive.. and has proved it over and over again.

He is your God as well.. even if you choose to not acknowledge Him...but His arms and heart is always open ..please remember that.

Wow , I thought Padre Pio was a "Magician"?,,,well actually a scam artist.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

THIS "padre pio"?

It is claimed that no more than Anecdotal evidence supports Pio’s alleged mystical abilities, some of his bilocations are consistent with hallucinations and the supposed odor of sanctity was purported to be Eau de Cologne. He was never watched continuously to ensure that chemicals like carbolic acid or iodine were not used to prevent wounds healing, as has been claimed. Pio over many years wore fingerless gloves which concealed his wounds or prevented him having to tend the wounds, yet near his death Pio avoided covering his hands and there was no sign of injury.[15][16][17] The founder of Milan's Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, friar, physician and psychologist Agostino Gemelli, concluded Padre Pio was "an ignorant and self-mutilating psychopath who exploited people's credulity."[18] In short, he was accused of infractions against all three of his monastic vows: poverty, chastity and obedience.[19] Agostino Gemelli also speculated that Padre Pio kept his wounds open with carbolic acid. As a result of the Gemelli assessment, the wounds were wrapped in cloth. Despite this, the bleeding continued for some 50 years until they closed within hours of his death.[19]

This is the guy to whom you give credit for your faith?
Seriously?
ETA SOURCE: en.wikipedia.org...

SECOND EDIT TO ADD:

Historian Sergio Luzzatto and others, both religious and non-religious, have accused Padre Pio of faking his stigmata. Luzzatto's theory, namely that Padre Pio used carbolic acid to self-inflict the wounds, is based on a document found in the Vatican's archive — the testimony of a pharmacist at the San Giovanni Rotondo, Maria De Vito, from whom he ordered 4 grams of the acid. According to De Vito, Padre Pio asked her to keep the order secret, saying it was to sterilise needles. The document was examined but dismissed by the Catholic Church during Padre Pio's beatification process.[43]

One commentator expressed the belief that the Church likely dismissed the claims based on witnesses that stated the acid was in fact used for sterilization: "The boys had needed injections to fight the Spanish Flu which was raging at that time. Due to a shortage of doctors, Padres Paolino and Pio administered the shots, using carbolic acid as a sterilizing agent.”[43][44]

yes.. you found the links that discredit him.. and all of the above was proven false.. as well as the bishop who had him investigated ..to trump up these charges.. recanted everything.. and asked for Padre Pio's blessings and forgiveness before he died.

He was maligned by some in the church.. the guilty tend to run away from a man who can read there sins so clearly.

There is so much more to this saint.. then the lies you choose to pick out.. Padre Pio would not have been canonized if there was an inkling of truth that he was a fraud.

Many many miracles came from God through the faith of that man.. and he suffered much for souls ..someday you will realize this wildtimes.... and you will appreciate what he did within his life..what he battled as far as spiritual warfare..and what he continues to do for souls with his prayers in heaven.

"Padre Pio would not have been canonized if there was an inkling of truth that he was a fraud",,,,Really? You truly believe that? Off course you do.

So that's what Blind faith is.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

yes.. you found the links that discredit him..

uh, all I did was a google search for him. You said I should look into it. (him), so I did. I looked at the sites that came up....and found the stuff I c/p above. Didn't have to dig very deeply.

yes.. He was falsely accused of deception.. much like Christ was accused of performing miracles through the power of satan.

Many Christians who follow the way of Christ are persecuted. both spiritually by the evil forces.. as well as by humans.

Ask him what card am I holding?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

At this moment, right now, I am listening (because I can't look at the TV) to DECODED...which discusses the death (assasination) of Pope John Paul in 1978.

Why do you feel so disposed to defend the Catholic church, gabby? When it has been publicly exposed how corrupt and perverted so many of them are??

I do not defend the actions of the corrupt and perverted within the catholic church wildtimes.. I never have and never will.

It was this corruption that at some point made me swear to never step foot in a catholic church again.

But after much anger and sadness..I realized it was not God who did these things...and He still lives within the sacraments of the church.

There were supposed men of God who were leaders in the Jewish faith,back in the times of Christ , that were very corrupt. Did the faithful and uncorrupted abandon their faith in God and in the messiah because of their actions? NO !!

Jesus and Mary ask us to pray much for the conversion of mankind..and because of the sins of the very corrupt and perverted.. I will not abandon my faith in them again...or refuse to see the existence of God within the sacraments of the church.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Gabs, I did a search, found this "wikipedia" entry, and subsequently the things I c/p. I did NOT go out of my way, no matter what you think. Did you watch the video about Jesus being a Buddhist monk? Or just decide it was crap because it doesn't support your opinion?

yes..I realize where you got it from wildtimes.. but there was so much info there on his whole life.. and you chose to take the one paragraph talking about the accusations of deception.. I find it curious you at least didn't include the next paragraph , where it states that the accusations were denied.. and he was granted clearance from any accusations of deception.

So..in fact you did go out of your way to copy and paste the one small paragraph ..that put him in a bad light as a fraud.. and did not include the rest of the info.. where he was renounced from any fraudulent wrong doings.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

But after much anger and sadness..I realized it was not God who did these things...and He still lives within the sacraments of the church.

Okay, gabby. Take a breath.
I know that you are passionate about this subject. And you have subjected yourself to others who disagree.

I can see your anger and sadness in your posts. And I'm sorry you are suffering, really. It's a shame that someone caused you so much angst.

Oh, honey, God is everywhere. You don't need to step into a Catholic Church to be with God. The Divine dwells within you, right there for you to seek and know. I wish you peace, gabby.

Fondly,
--wt

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Okay, gabby. Take a breath.
I know that you are passionate about this subject. And you have subjected yourself to others who disagree.

I can see your anger and sadness in your posts. And I'm sorry you are suffering, really. It's a shame that someone caused you so much angst.

Oh, honey, God is everywhere. You don't need to step into a Catholic Church to be with God. The Divine dwells within you, right there for you to seek and know. I wish you peace, gabby.

Fondly,
--wt

God can see what you are trying to do wildtimes..and baiting me will not work..

I suffer because of sinfulness of humanity wildtimes.. as does Christ.

I will let God teach me where to find him.. His wisdom teaches me to not accept direction from those who do not know Him.

You can try and sugar coat your malice all you want.. but God sees the intent..and the motivation..

He is the one who allows me the grace to forgive your malice..and He will be the one who guides me to truth...and salvation.

may the mercy of Jesus be with you..

edit on 29-12-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Calm down.
Its good that you have found the light, but don't stare at it so long that you go blind.

and no, I am not making fun of you, just saying chill.....get a grip.
edit on 29-12-2011 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Calm down.
Its good that you have found the light, but don't stare at it so long that you go blind.

and no, I am not making fun of you, just saying chill.....get a grip.

sad that you presume that I am not calm....more assumptions..

I am quite calm as I see clearly what others try and do.. I have learned to let things go in prayer.. and am actually very content with the knowledge that God sees clearly the motivation and intent.

I don't need to take a deep breath or calm down.. only need to know that the Almighty who knows all.. will have the last and final say.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I am quite calm as I see clearly what others try and do.. I have learned to let things go in prayer.. and am actually very content with the knowledge that God sees clearly the motivation and intent.

And God knows that I was being sincere, and really do not wish to cause you more disruption.
Also, God knows that you do NOT see clearly what "others try and do."

Gabby, why would I do that? I am NOT a malicious person, nor a cruel one, and I am NOT a liar. I see such twisted accusations from you on a daily basis. You can't even accept words spoken from kindness and genuine sincerity when they are plain as day.

I am an authentic person, gabby. I believe what I believe, without apology, and I am not ashamed to speak out when I see misbehavior, irresponsibility, and hypocrisy. It really doesn't matter to me, in the end, what you "imagine" me to be. It matters to you. You are mistaken in your perception, and your "assessment" of me, and you are un-Christlike to slander me and twist my intentions to suit your pious self-righteousness.

But you are the one who has to live with it and die with it.

*shakes head with shoulders slumped and reminds self not to bang head against brick*

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Gabby, why would I do that? I am NOT a malicious person, nor a cruel one, and I am NOT a liar. I see such twisted accusations from you on a daily basis. You can't even accept words spoken from kindness and genuine sincerity when they are plain as day.

You may consider yourself to no be a liar.. but you have lied.. or at least been very mistaken in some of what you have posted.

I won't go back and rehash the lies.. because it is not me who has to live with it.

You say you can't accept mt apologies because I just do the same thing over again.. but yet you think calling me honey..and "pretending" to be loving after you have said some very cruel things about me.. (I can go back and find them all if you want verification).. is supposed to make you think you are sincere.?

I can see the subtle insinuations and implications to what is written..so.. lets just leave it there.

It really doesn't upset me at all... just wanted to let you know that I'm aware of it.

Peace to you..

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

You may consider yourself to no be a liar.. but you have lied.. or at least been very mistaken in some of what you have posted.

Well, at least your religion teaches forgiveness, or.....oops, thats certainly not what you are displaying here.....uh, disregard this statement then ...I guess.

Its a shame that your religion has you so blinded that you can not see that someone is reaching out to you.

For what its worth......I am the one who referred to you as "comic relief", NOT WildTime.
However I now take that statement back, and apologize (as in sorry, I did wrong). I did not realize you are actually a bit mentally "touched".

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Well, at least your religion teaches forgiveness, or.....oops, thats certainly not what you are displaying here.....uh, disregard this statement then ...I guess. Its a shame that your religion has you so blinded that you can not see that someone is reaching out to you. For what its worth......I am the one who referred to you as "comic relief", NOT WildTime. However I now take that statement back, and apologize (as in sorry, I did wrong). I did not realize you are actually a bit mentally "touched".

I do forgive.. but I am human..and I have faults..like all of us do.

Religion does not blind me to people reaching out.. it just gives me discernment on who is actually doing so..

Your apology seems so heartfelt as well ..considering you think of me as comic relief....and mentally touched.

Your sarcasm is wasted on me.. unless of course your trying to impress others with how much better you are than Christians.... yes making a child feel terrible about themselves is just not right in your eyes.. but once they become adults.. it seems all gloves are off for you.

You set such a fine example for us..especially us who are obviously so mentally touched.

Have a nice day vogon42..

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

[Many Christians who follow the way of Christ are persecuted. both spiritually by the evil forces.. as well as by humans.

This is not directed at Gabby but more in general to anyone. I keep seeing Christians say they are being persecuted? Yeah where, how? You're like the one of the largest if not the largest faith in the US. Christianity is constantly seeking to get laws that cater to them. How are you persecuted? Its the most pampered religion in the United States.

And the *season* is NOT about Jesus. One day is about him, just one day and that date is most likely erroneous.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

reply to post by vogon42

Well, at least your religion teaches forgiveness, or.....oops, thats certainly not what you are displaying here.....uh, disregard this statement then ...

............ yes making a child feel terrible about themselves is just not right in your eyes.. ....

Of course its not right, you should look a bit deeper into your soul...perhaps you will find the darkness that needs to be removed.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

reply to post by vogon42

Well, at least your religion teaches forgiveness, or.....oops, thats certainly not what you are displaying here.....uh, disregard this statement then ...

............ yes making a child feel terrible about themselves is just not right in your eyes.. ....

Of course its not right, you should look a bit deeper into your soul...perhaps you will find the darkness that needs to be removed.

Why do you only take one sentence of my quote.. and take it out of context as how it was meant?

You know that I don't think its right to abuse children.. but we are all children of God..and we need to learn to not abuse each other as well.

Perhaps we all need to look deeper into our souls ..and ask for the Light of truth and grace to remove the darkness.

Please pray sincerely for me Vogon.. if you honestly feel I have such darkness in my soul. Your prayers could help more than you know.

May the sacred heart of Jesus guide you to pray for all souls especially those in most need of His mercy.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LunaKat
I keep seeing Christians say they are being persecuted? Yeah where, how? You're like the one of the largest if not the largest faith in the US. Christianity is constantly seeking to get laws that cater to them. How are you persecuted? Its the most pampered religion in the United States.

And the *season* is NOT about Jesus. One day is about him, just one day and that date is most likely erroneous.

True.

They're not persecuted - - they're just losing the stranglehold they've had on this country.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
We sound very much the same! Although my beliefs are mostly Christian-based, I don't believe in picking denominations or any religion in particular. I take the nectar of other religions at the discretion of what I think helps my spiritual growth and relationship with God. Christmas has become one of the most shallow seasons. Businesses capitalize on it because they know we all have a tendency to be greedy for materialistic things... (And we prove them right) Christmas is synonymous with shopping and presents. I'm all for giving and being generous and family gatherings, but for most people, that is - plainly speaking - not what it's about. Oh! And Jesus wasn't born on December 25.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join