It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christmas Hoax: Jesus is NOT the "Reason for the Season"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas

Originally posted by dilly1

reply to post by JB1234

The Book of Daniel predicted the rise of Israel as a state again

Wow,,,,,A jewish scripture predicted the uprising a jewish state... Lol... How freakin convenient. How does it feel to be under the hebrew trance?

peace-of-mind.net...

would you like more evidence?
edit on 26-12-2011 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

I would love more evidence please... You Do understand ,you are a perfect example a Hellenistic christian. You take everything literally and connect simple biblical words with the most important empires of our history,(And)The same with historical figures.

But lets just say(hypothetically) ,your jewish ancestors did truthfully knowingly predict biblical future events. Well we know they(the jewish authors) weren't guided or forced by some ambitious God(unless you do),,, they must have(and still are) some different race of humans that can predict and control the world. Do you understand? Accepting this crazy notion that someone(or some huge religious sect) can predict ,,,SUCCESSFULLY is amazing.

For that reason your idealistic faith on prophetic jargon from the past(bible); Without knowing when it was produce or the proof of author is just an idea that I cannot accept.

There is no jewish,christian or muslim state. Israel is an abomination. Palestine is for no one ,and its for everyone. The Ashkenazi jew elites created this idea 100 years before WWI. Called Zionism. Most jews hate zionism.

What you have sent is not evidence. So please revise well your next post.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

any true conspirators knows that what is going on in the world is of biblical magnitude... very hard to deny it. at one point or another, you will always find yourself back to the abrahamic religions..

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seed76
reply to post by dilly1

God you suck at debating.

And when all else fails, personal attack. Indeed, you know how to debate dilly.

You make no sense. First you say ,like I,, that to get the true history you need all sides of the story. But then ,,you say there is no such thing of Victorious vs Non-victorious only evidence...?? What??

Nice try, but is not going to work. But to answer your question evidence is that counts. And so far the "Copycat" theory is plain wrong.

You do know the existing evidence (that is so easily available,,most of it) is mostly from the powers that be. Not the entity or person who lost the struggle(the non-victorious).

That depends of what you called evidence.

I did provide a source,read my previous posts. But my sources are books not internet sites. That's probably why it didn't interest you.

Actually, you haven´t provided any source at all. Not even a reference to the books, which you citing from. So yes, so far you presented not a shred of evidence. Only personal attacks and opinions.

Thanks for the definition of copycat theory. But I could care less (about) if paganism has or not influenced Constantine's jesus.

See, that is the difference between us. You accepting things without looking at the evidence.

Its all faith. Pointless faith.

If you say so....

So who cares if Dionysus or the others fused together with Christianism.

Obviously, persons that have a true interest.

My point is true history has been suppressed,burned and raped by the victor.

Then i suppose the "Holocaust" didn´t happened? Or the "Armenian Genocide" or the "Crusades" or the other atrocities?

So you nor no one has a clue what really happened.

Due time, we all going to know the truth eventually.

Yes I know animals,,lol,,,(tigers and lions),,,but what does that have anything to do with this topic.? Are
you a PETA agent?lol

It was the answer to your question :" What are you afraid of?" on you first reply to my post.

Peace

It wasn't an attack , it was the truth.. Oooooo..lol

Evidence does count. But what you call evidence I call it faith. Faith on a lot things.

Again, the VICTOR is the one who destroys and produces the evidence. Are you that naïve.

I'll post it again. "Forged" by Robert D. Ehrman

Show me evidence where the Jesus of today would have been the same jesus before Constantine.?...... You can't ,so don't even bother.

Off course the holocaust happened but it was exaggerated massively by the Zionists. And the existence of Armenian Genocide has been constantly denied by the Zionists. Not everyone knows about the Armenian Genocide but everyone knows the nazi holocaust. And its not the Crusades, its the Crusade, meaning "one" the first Crusade . Which was the most inhumane act displayed by Europeans. And during that time thousands of jews suffered fatally.

I asked you "what are you afraid of" , referring to you losing your "faith". I don't care what you're afraid of per'se. This is a bit weird ,don't you think?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

any true conspirators knows that what is going on in the world is of biblical magnitude... very hard to deny it. at one point or another, you will always find yourself back to the abrahamic religions..

Off course it is... Let me see ,,, the bible talks about pretty much everything(depending how one's reading it) then people(mostly jewish) decide to propagandare the bible as prophetic. How convenient. Do you see why you're doing a poor job expressing whatever that is.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dilly1

reply to post by dilly1

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Off course it is... Let me see ,,, the bible talks about pretty much everything(depending how one's reading it) then people(mostly jewish) decide to propagandare the bible as prophetic. How convenient. Do you see why you're doing a poor job expressing whatever that is.

You have the best "youtube" hits ever.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
Funny, I see refrence to this every year.

Here is my take on it.

It doesnt matter what it used to be, it's what it is today. We all realise that pretty much any and every holiday is taken from something else. Christian holidays share many other holidays. Many christian holidays took the place of some holidays.

And today it is evolving and changing - - as it should.

One religion can no longer usurp all others during times of festivals - - that were basically stolen.

Awareness is causing the correction.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And today it is evolving and changing - - as it should. One religion can no longer usurp all others during times of festivals - - that were basically stolen. Awareness is causing the correction.

God doesn't need to change or evolve....His salvation for mankind remains as steadfast as it did before He created man.

Awareness that God and Jesus do exist is what will cause the correction of mankind...in time.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by Annee

And today it is evolving and changing - - as it should. One religion can no longer usurp all others during times of festivals - - that were basically stolen. Awareness is causing the correction.

God doesn't need to change or evolve....His salvation for mankind remains as steadfast as it did before He created man.

Awareness that God and Jesus do exist is what will cause the correction of mankind...in time.

"In time" ?? What the hell does that mean. In your time,your grandchildren's time, your great great great grandchildren's time?????

You have no clue do you ,, so you vaguely say "in time" just to have an imaginary advantage over the other. As if your wearing a special Rolex.lol .When in reality there is no such time. Unless you're on the 2012 doomsday band wagon. Which I think you are. If not you wouldn't have said "in time".... Ride that mayan wave

You see how ridiculous you people sound.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

"In time" ?? What the hell does that mean. In your time,your grandchildren's time, your great great great grandchildren's time????? You have no clue do you ,, so you vaguely say "in time" just to have an imaginary advantage over the other. As if your wearing a special Rolex.lol .When in reality there is no such time. Unless you're on the 2012 doomsday band wagon. Which I think you are. If not you wouldn't have said "in time".... Ride that mayan wave You see how ridiculous you people sound.

I think you make presumptions ..and that is ridiculous.

I am not on a 2012 doomsday prophecy..but in time ..every knee will bow and confess Jesus as Lord and savior.

I will promise you this.. I won't ever say "I told you so"

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

"In time" ?? What the hell does that mean. In your time,your grandchildren's time, your great great great grandchildren's time????? ....

I am not on a 2012 doomsday prophecy..but in time ..every knee will bow and confess Jesus as Lord and savior.

I believe dilly1's actual question was what is your meaning of "in time".
edit on 27-12-2011 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2011 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

God who? The subject here is not whether there is a god or not. You can take your god and shove it.

The subject here is what Man did with one belief - - to undermine others.

#1 - the US government is wrong in recognizing any specific religion with a federal holiday (actually 2). But that is not really the subject either - - as Christianity is world wide.

FACT: the "circle of life" and all its components is the first belief. Food and Reproduction are the basis for Life - - and the basic first reason to worship gods and goddesses.

In 46 BCE Julius Caesar in his Julian calendar established December 25 as the date of the winter solstice of Europe.en.wikipedia.org...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we evolve - - it has become clear what Man of one belief did to Man of other beliefs. As Man becomes more aware of his actions to deny/squash/usurp the right of belief of others - - - Man is now beginning to correct that error in understanding and recognizing a true Holiday Season of Love and Family (the Circle of Life).

Christians should feel compassion that they are not completely removed from the season - - - as historians don't even recognize Christ as being born in the winter.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

reply to post by dilly1

"In time" ?? What the hell does that mean. In your time,your grandchildren's time, your great great great grandchildren's time????? You have no clue do you ,, so you vaguely say "in time" just to have an imaginary advantage over the other. As if your wearing a special Rolex.lol .When in reality there is no such time. Unless you're on the 2012 doomsday band wagon. Which I think you are. If not you wouldn't have said "in time".... Ride that mayan wave You see how ridiculous you people sound.

"But in time"??? You did it again... Who do you think you are , a fortune cookie?

"Every knee will bow and confess Jesus as lord and Savior"???

"I promise you this"???

Ummm,,, those are presumptions.

You are neck deep in the 2012 bulls***, and you don't even know it. How much you want to bet that your pastor or priest will prophesize that next year will be an important year,,,lol.

There is no other reason why you would make those narrow minded presumptions like "in time" or "I promise you this". I bet your betting on some event happening very soon(which events happen all the time though) ,sometime next year, just to you can brand it as your christian prophesy. If NOT then your "in time" slogan is pointless because anything happening after you die is ,,well,,, irrelevant. Unless your planning to pass down your delusional POV.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

God who? The subject here is not whether there is a god or not. You can take your god and shove it.

You can choose to leave God out of the equation..that is your choice.

I only have to look at the life of Padre Pio and other saints to know that Jesus is still very much alive.. and has proved it over and over again.

He is your God as well.. even if you choose to not acknowledge Him...but His arms and heart is always open ..please remember that.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I only have to look at the life of Padre Pio and other saints to know that Jesus is still very much alive.. and has proved it over and over again.

STOP! With the "he is your God too". It really is ridiculous.

I was raised Christian. It is my interest in the true history of Jesus - - that lead to the truth. And the truth is "biblical Jesus" didn't happen. Any one who wants the real truth can read it.

Oh yes! There was an actual Jesus - - actually about 18 of them according to Jocepheus. But - - "biblical Jesus" is a fabricated myth.

No different then the true vs myth stories of some of the "hero's" of the Old West. Johnny Appleseed is a good one. Yep! He was a real person.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However - - back on topic.

The Solstice came first. Circle of Life type festivals. And most scholars put "biblical Jesus" birth at a different time.

But that's OK - - I'm willing to share the season - - even with those who tried to steal it and stamp out natural earth beliefs.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

THIS "padre pio"?

It is claimed that no more than Anecdotal evidence supports Pio’s alleged mystical abilities, some of his bilocations are consistent with hallucinations and the supposed odor of sanctity was purported to be Eau de Cologne. He was never watched continuously to ensure that chemicals like carbolic acid or iodine were not used to prevent wounds healing, as has been claimed. Pio over many years wore fingerless gloves which concealed his wounds or prevented him having to tend the wounds, yet near his death Pio avoided covering his hands and there was no sign of injury.[15][16][17] The founder of Milan's Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, friar, physician and psychologist Agostino Gemelli, concluded Padre Pio was "an ignorant and self-mutilating psychopath who exploited people's credulity."[18] In short, he was accused of infractions against all three of his monastic vows: poverty, chastity and obedience.[19] Agostino Gemelli also speculated that Padre Pio kept his wounds open with carbolic acid. As a result of the Gemelli assessment, the wounds were wrapped in cloth. Despite this, the bleeding continued for some 50 years until they closed within hours of his death.[19]

This is the guy to whom you give credit for your faith?
Seriously?
ETA SOURCE: en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 28-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

SECOND EDIT TO ADD:

Historian Sergio Luzzatto and others, both religious and non-religious, have accused Padre Pio of faking his stigmata. Luzzatto's theory, namely that Padre Pio used carbolic acid to self-inflict the wounds, is based on a document found in the Vatican's archive — the testimony of a pharmacist at the San Giovanni Rotondo, Maria De Vito, from whom he ordered 4 grams of the acid. According to De Vito, Padre Pio asked her to keep the order secret, saying it was to sterilise needles. The document was examined but dismissed by the Catholic Church during Padre Pio's beatification process.[43]

One commentator expressed the belief that the Church likely dismissed the claims based on witnesses that stated the acid was in fact used for sterilization: "The boys had needed injections to fight the Spanish Flu which was raging at that time. Due to a shortage of doctors, Padres Paolino and Pio administered the shots, using carbolic acid as a sterilizing agent.”[43][44]

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

THIS "padre pio"?

It is claimed that no more than Anecdotal evidence supports Pio’s alleged mystical abilities, some of his bilocations are consistent with hallucinations and the supposed odor of sanctity was purported to be Eau de Cologne. He was never watched continuously to ensure that chemicals like carbolic acid or iodine were not used to prevent wounds healing, as has been claimed. Pio over many years wore fingerless gloves which concealed his wounds or prevented him having to tend the wounds, yet near his death Pio avoided covering his hands and there was no sign of injury.[15][16][17] The founder of Milan's Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, friar, physician and psychologist Agostino Gemelli, concluded Padre Pio was "an ignorant and self-mutilating psychopath who exploited people's credulity."[18] In short, he was accused of infractions against all three of his monastic vows: poverty, chastity and obedience.[19] Agostino Gemelli also speculated that Padre Pio kept his wounds open with carbolic acid. As a result of the Gemelli assessment, the wounds were wrapped in cloth. Despite this, the bleeding continued for some 50 years until they closed within hours of his death.[19]

This is the guy to whom you give credit for your faith?
Seriously?
ETA SOURCE: en.wikipedia.org...

SECOND EDIT TO ADD:

Historian Sergio Luzzatto and others, both religious and non-religious, have accused Padre Pio of faking his stigmata. Luzzatto's theory, namely that Padre Pio used carbolic acid to self-inflict the wounds, is based on a document found in the Vatican's archive — the testimony of a pharmacist at the San Giovanni Rotondo, Maria De Vito, from whom he ordered 4 grams of the acid. According to De Vito, Padre Pio asked her to keep the order secret, saying it was to sterilise needles. The document was examined but dismissed by the Catholic Church during Padre Pio's beatification process.[43]

One commentator expressed the belief that the Church likely dismissed the claims based on witnesses that stated the acid was in fact used for sterilization: "The boys had needed injections to fight the Spanish Flu which was raging at that time. Due to a shortage of doctors, Padres Paolino and Pio administered the shots, using carbolic acid as a sterilizing agent.”[43][44]

yes.. you found the links that discredit him.. and all of the above was proven false.. as well as the bishop who had him investigated ..to trump up these charges.. recanted everything.. and asked for Padre Pio's blessings and forgiveness before he died.

He was maligned by some in the church.. the guilty tend to run away from a man who can read there sins so clearly.

There is so much more to this saint.. then the lies you choose to pick out.. Padre Pio would not have been canonized if there was an inkling of truth that he was a fraud.

Many many miracles came from God through the faith of that man.. and he suffered much for souls ..someday you will realize this wildtimes.... and you will appreciate what he did within his life..what he battled as far as spiritual warfare..and what he continues to do for souls with his prayers in heaven.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Fr. Gabriele Amorth, senior exorcist of Vatican City stated in an interview that Padre Pio was able to distinguish between real apparitions of Jesus, Mary and the Saints and the illusions created by the Devil by carefully analysing the state of his mind and the feelings produced in him during the apparitions. In one of Padre Pio's letters, he states that he remained patient in the midst of his trials because of his firm belief that Jesus, Mary, his Guardian Angel, St. Joseph and St. Francis were always with him and helped him always.[12]

By 1933, the tide began to turn, with Pope Pius XI ordering the Holy See to reverse its ban on Padre Pio’s public celebration of Mass. The Pope said, "I have not been badly disposed toward Padre Pio, but I have been badly informed.

[9] In 1934, he was again allowed to hear confessions. He was also given honorary permission to preach despite never having taken the exam for the preaching licence.

[9] Pope Pius XII, who assumed the papacy in 1939, encouraged devotees to visit Padre Pio. According to a recent book, Pope John XXIII (1958–1963) apparently did not espouse the outlook of his predecessors, and wrote in 1960 of Padre Pio’s “immense deception.

"[23] However, it was John XXIII's successor, Pope Paul VI, who, in the mid-1960s, firmly dismissed all accusations against Padre Pio.[19][21]

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

At this moment, right now, I am listening (because I can't look at the TV) to DECODED...which discusses the death (assasination) of Pope John Paul in 1978.

Why do you feel so disposed to defend the Catholic church, gabby? When it has been publicly exposed how corrupt and perverted so many of them are??

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Padre Pio was able to distinguish between real apparitions of Jesus, Mary and the Saints and the illusions created by the Devil by carefully analysing the state of his mind and the feelings produced in him during the apparitions. In one of Padre Pio's letters, he states that he remained patient in the midst of his trials because of his firm belief that Jesus, Mary, his Guardian Angel, St. Joseph and St. Francis were always with him and helped him always

Oh, okay. He was able to distinguish between REAL apparitions and the illusions created by the DEVIL...okay, gabby, you are right. I am convinced. Thanks for your help.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

yes.. you found the links that discredit him..

uh, all I did was a google search for him. You said I should look into it. (him), so I did. I looked at the sites that came up....and found the stuff I c/p above. Didn't have to dig very deeply.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join