It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Christmas Hoax: Jesus is NOT the "Reason for the Season"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I'm not sure what happened behind the crusades but from the little research i have done..

Ah, I see. You are selectively doing research...only in those areas that support your beliefs. How about being sure what happened behind the crusades? Hmmm? How about that?

You say you don't know where I get my sources....but I have given you multiple links to those sources, which you refuse to read.

Gabby, I've asked you this before, and I will continue to ask it...
WHAT ARE YOU SO AFRAID OF?

It is there at your fingertips! I am not making all of this up!
It is SO EASY to explore, easy to find sources, easy to read things that refute any organized religious dogma. But you won't do it.
So tell me, gabby, what are you afraid of? You can read those things, those sources and say "
whatever
"
and simply go on down your narrow hallway, or you can read them and think "
really? I never knew that!"

Anyone who refuses to read and educate themselves in this day and age has some sort of block against being made aware. I just don't get it.
I don't.
I'm not evil in giving you the access to this information, gabby. I have looked into every one of the links and sources you have provided to me. But you won't reciprocate.
Why not?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
..........The only sword in hand are those of locals who are intolerant of other religions.......

So if they are LOCAL, that means......
HELLO....
You are invading their lands. Sort of like the CRUSADES isn't it.

Once again......WHAT gives you the right to go to someone elses land and tell them their religion is wrong, and yours is right.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
Our savior.. who without being washed in the atoning blood of His sacrifice we will never be accepted into the eternal paradise.

Please keep your blood bath stuff to your self.

Even if you want to call it symbolic...
Its a bit sickening to those of us who are civilized.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Originally posted by gabby2011
Our savior.. who without being washed in the atoning blood of His sacrifice we will never be accepted into the eternal paradise.

Please keep your blood bath stuff to your self.

Even if you want to call it symbolic...
Its a bit sickening to those of us who are civilized.

I suggest you tell that to God, and Jesus.. it was their plan ..not mine.

As far as you being civilized... time will tell..
edit on 21-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

So you feel that bathing in blood is OK?

No, I'm not asking your book, or your god, I am asking you as an individual......

Do you feel that bathing in blood is OK?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

A crusade is killing unbelievers. Converting people with their consent is hardly a crusade. If there is no salvation outside of Christianity, you would share the gospel too. We have divine right and command to do so.

Anyway, you admit you're wrong, Christians are persecuted. You're just bringing up other things because you love arguing for the sake of arguing.
edit on 22-1-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

reply to post by 547000

No, I dont really care what religion you are. To kill someone it wrong. I'm just pointing out the crusades were where people are killed in the name of religion.

Well, who is doing the killing in the name of religion here? You are accusing the wrong people of crusade.

By your logic all modern white people approve of slavery.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by 547000

In your opinion it's okay to kill people just because they believe your religion is false?

WHAT??!! That's an outrageous claim, 547000. He is talking about the Crusades! You know, from history? The Crusades? Crusades wiki

Just war doctrine
The papacy of Pope Gregory VII had struggled with reservations about the doctrinal validity of a holy war and the shedding of blood for the Lord and had, with difficulty, resolved the question in favour of justified violence. More importantly to the Pope, the Christians who made pilgrimages to the Holy Land were being persecuted. Saint Augustine of Hippo, Gregory's intellectual model, had justified the use of force in the service of Christ in The City of God, and a Christian "Just War" might enhance the wider standing of an aggressively ambitious leader of Europe, as Gregory saw himself.

vogon is referring to the Roman Catholic Church financing, organizing, and encouraging these guys to murder people with swords -- the army who went out on Crusades to kill "heretics." He's asking YOU if it's "okay," because it appears that you feel its appropriate to inflict derision on those who disagree with YOUR religion.

Please read carefully and attempt not to twist words so that you can attack. Represent yourself; do not misrepresent others.

vogon, if I am mistaken in my interpretation of what you were getting at, please let me know.
wild

Okay, who is engaging a crusade now by killing people of different religions? Certainly not missionaries. Why are we even talking about this if we're talking about the present tense? Time is completely out of context.

It seems he is trying to justify a crusade by bringing up the crusades.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I believe the USA has their missionaries...

Though the "heretics" have oil now...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by 547000

I believe the USA has their missionaries...

Though the "heretics" have oil now...

How is what the US does the same as what Christians do? I'm not even talking about the middle east.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

reply to post by 547000

No, I dont really care what religion you are. To kill someone it wrong. I'm just pointing out the crusades were where people are killed in the name of religion.

Well, who is doing the killing in the name of religion here? You are accusing the wrong people of crusade.

So your saying the crusades were not started by religious people?

That certainly fits with the HOAX theme of this thread.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Its not the same.
Right now the middle east is being invaded by christians.
Not all of them have an American flag on their uniform.
There are other countries there as well.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

........ We have divine right and command to do so.

Well, pardon me, your divine (socially intrusive) holiness. Did god himself give you that overinflated ego.

Anyway, you admit you're wrong, Christians are persecuted. ........

I'm not saying Christians are not being persecuted. Simply saying if you push people around, don't be surprised when they push back.

Will your oversized ego allow you to see that, or do you think the previous examples of the christian churches in Africa are OK?

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

reply to post by 547000

So your saying the crusades were not started by religious people?

That certainly fits with the HOAX theme of this thread.

I never said that. I said basically that it's idiotic to claim that preaching is a crusade. You said there is a sword but there isn't. That implies you are blaming modern people for actions centuries ago.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I'm not saying Christians are not being persecuted. Simply saying if you push people around, don't be surprised when they push back.

Will your oversized ego allow you to see that, or do you think the previous examples of the christian churches in Africa are OK?

So it's justifiable to kill people because they claim your religion is wrong? Hmmm...

Also if Africa is anything like India, those actions cannot be the reason, because local religions do basically the same thing.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

reply to post by 547000

Its not the same.
Right now the middle east is being invaded by christians.
Not all of them have an American flag on their uniform.
There are other countries there as well.

No, not only christians, but atheist, Jews, etc. It is not a "christian"-based action and it is dishonest to lay them blame on christianity alone. Shows your bigotry.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

....... You said there is a sword but there isn't. .....

Today you hold it upside down, and call it a cross.
Still the same intent........
"believe in what I believe, or you will burn in hell"

yea, real civil of you

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

So it's justifiable to kill people because they claim your religion is wrong?....

Its your religion doing that, not mine.

Mine is a religion of peace.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

So it's justifiable to kill people because they claim your religion is wrong?....

Its your religion doing that, not mine.

Mine is a religion of peace.

Thanks for trolling! I'm done with you. No one nowadays is spreading Christianity by the sword.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Too bad you are wrong.......

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by 547000

What about India or Africa? No one is holding a gun to someones head and is saying "convert or die".
This might be of interest to you:

Exorcism and Child Abuse in the Congo
May 27, 2009
ABC Nightline recently aired a special program on child exorcisms in churches in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. ...
Most of this abuse is happening in the capital city of Kinshasa and the lives of many children are threatened. It is not happening in mainline churches, but rather in what one calls "Revival Churches" or "Churches of the Holy Spirit". One of the renowned organizations is "Spiritual Combat" that has gained an international following. Pastors of these organizations have generally not received much education and have not been trained theologically. They claim that their authority comes from the Holy Spirit and proclaim themselves pastors, doctors, apostles and other.
globalministries.org...

Human Rights Watch says that self-styled pastors are employed to rid children of their alleged sorcery using torture, beatings and the denial of food.
news.bbc.co.uk...

See ya!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join