It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul quits CNN interview after being asked about racist newsletters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Ron Paul quits CNN interview after being asked about racist newsletters

www.rawstory.com...

Early on I did support Ron Paul. That support was short lived, ending abruptly upon learning of his attitudes regarding blacks, Jews, gays and those on disability. Even though he claims not to be racist or anti- Semitic, his own newsletter proves otherwise.
Ron Paul claims he never said or read any of the negative comments that appeared in his newsletters. Paul insisted that someone other than himself authored these articles. He claimed the editor (s) missed the articles when proof reading the copy. This appears to be another lie as his name is on the newsletter as the editor. Ron Paul has demonstrated that he refuses to take responsibility for his actions.
Is this what you all want as President?

Ron Paul's Foul Old Newsletters Back in the News

With the libertarian Republican's competitive showing in early-state polls has come the inevitable rediscovery of the fact that Ron Paul published and earned money from "Ron Paul"-titled newsletters in the late '80s and early '90s that contained racist remarks, both vile and juvenile, such as calling black people "animals," and saying "we can safely assume that 95 percent of black males in [Washington, D.C.] are semi-criminal or entirely criminal." As The New York Times put it today,
Emerging as a real Republican contender in Iowa, Representative Ron Paul of Texas is receiving new focus for decades-old unbylined columns in his political [color=gold]newsletters that included racist, anti-gay and anti-Israel passages that he has since disavowed.

reason.com...

Exposed. Proof of Ron Paul's racism and lies. Considering how anti-Jewish he is, this is hardly surprising, but it is unrecoverable. He is done.
If you noticed in the photo images of the Ron Paul Newsletters over at Conservatives News you will see that one of the images clearly shows Ron Paul listed as "editor."
Now move on to this link provided in the story...a link that takes one to a Ron Paul interview
with CNN's Wolf Blitzer on the newsletters. At 2:45 into the interview Blitzer asks about "how did this stuff" (various racist nonsense) get into the newsletter. "Who wrote it?"
To which Ron Paul responds:
"I have no idea. Have you ever heard of a publisher of a magazine not knowing every single thing ....The editor is responsible for the daily activity."
And who is listed in the pictured newsletter as the editor?
That's right: Ron Paul.
Big problem - and growing. (American Spectator) hat tip Doc Washburn

atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Because everything that gets cropped up is true is it?
Even if it is, Racism was more prevalent then too. Seeing as it was 20 or more years ago.

I doubt this will stop anything, i bet its a forgery. Thats where i put my money. They will do anything not to see someone with a brain in office.

And from the way the article sounds, he had no idea that this stuff was written. or who wrote it.

edit on 21/12/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

+84 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Even if your assertions are true, and Dr. Paul is lying about not having knowledge of the bigoted remarks in this publication, I don't give a damn. I'd still rather have a racist in office that would actually cause change for the good of this nation, than someone else (who is also probably a racist secretly) who would continue us on the path of destruction we are following now.
This post only goes to show how easily manipulated people are by the media's smear campaigns. Pathetic.

+76 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This says it all.

“I never read that stuff,” Paul responded. “I became aware of it probably ten years after it was written, and it has been going on for twenty years that people have been pestering me about this, and CNN does it every single time. So when are you going to wear yourself out?”

“I didn’t write them, I didn’t read them at the time, and I disavow them,” he added, when pressed about the issue.

After Borger continued to question Paul about the newsletters, he started taking off his microphone and ended the interview.

I wouldn't waste my time with someone who was trying to assassinate my character, either.

edit on 12/21/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: more thoughts

+44 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

The head of the NAACP in texas went on record as saying that he knows Dr. Paul and he isn't racist. The news letter was written while he was out of politics and deliverying babies. There where actually several newsletters that were going around at this time. He has explained it. Also, this is the only thing they can find on him? Not bad at all.

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I would want to stop the interview too if i had some fake anchor b!tch hounding me for answers to questions i already answered.

Isn't doing something repeatedly expecting different results called something, right, insanity?

+24 more 
link   

AGAIN WITH THE NEWSLETTERS?!
seriously?
SERIOUSLY?!?
We really doin this AGAIN?
smh

Believe what you want, but don't use your misguided views as motivation to spread disinformation/misinformation.

+15 more 
link   
Non issue for me, still voting for him.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jlafleur02
reply to post by AzureSky

The head of the NAACP in texas went on record as saying that he knows Dr. Paul and he isn't racist. The news letter was written while he was out of politics and deliverying babies. There where actually several newsletters that were going around at this time. He has explained it. Also, this is the only thing they can find on him? Not bad at all.

You are right, born in your country? check. lives for the constitution? check. Isn't dumb? WOOT!
Im not even american, and i wish i could vote for ron paul for you guys. We just need someone like him here in Canadia.

Im jelly,
Definitely mad bro, =P

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think the video brings more to this discussion. This is an interview Ron Paul conducted with Wolf Blitzer.

+6 more 
link   
This is a non issue and will not sway my vote in any way shape or form. If you find some real dirt on Ron Paul please bring it forward, until then you can keep crying foul all you want with the same old used up racist claims, but it isn't going to get you anywhere.

ETA: I am glad that Ron showed some backbone and walked off the interview. The idiots at CNN can dig up nothing but some moldy old news letters that have been covered a million times over. They don't deserve to be graced with any answers from the future president if they are not going to do any real reporting.
edit on 12/21/2011 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
link   
Reply to post by impressme

Here is a question for you. What is one of Ron's stated reasons for wanting to end the war on drugs.

Stop listening to the MSM and go and do some research on your own.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by verb206

I was just about to post that

Actions speak louder than words

TPTB will jump on any little detail (whether true, false, or irrelevant) to smear Ron Paul's image now that they know he has a chance of winning the nominee

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finalized

Here is a question for you. What is one of Ron's stated reasons for wanting to end the war on drugs.

I could go on about the war on drugs and the absolute sham and waste of money it is.
Lol.
Legalize it and stop wasting the money putting non-violent criminals in jail. Jail is for VIOLENT CRIMINALS

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finalized

he wont answer it so i will. Mr Paul believes the drug laws as they are enforced disproportionately affect minorities in incarceration rates. specifically blacks, and Hispanics.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by verb206

Your CNN video is from Jan 2008 and there still trying to use this. If I was Dr. Paul I'd tell CNN: "No more interviews for you.", which is probably going to be the case anyway. Jerks!
edit on 12/21/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Another uninformed shill coming out of the woodwork because he (Ron Paul) has a very good chance.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
As pathetic as this charge is, it is the only angle they can play against Paul.

The longer he continues to do well, the more momentum his campaign builds, the more this tired non-issue will be trumpeted by the fearful.

I smell desperation.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Before jumping on the newspaper bandwagon, actually learning about them might be in order:
THE "NEWSLETTERS":

The WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, WHY & HOW of Ron Paul's newsletters

Ron Paul: The "Newsletters" Question FAQ:

The point is to defend Ron Paul from the charge that he was in some way responsible for the content of the “racist” newsletters that have been tossed around the blogosphere now and again (and which are always resurrected just in time for his political campaigns.) I hope to finally lay all this nonsense to rest.

The Ron Paul Newsletters: A Ghost Writer's Perspective and Open Letter to James Kirchick:

Not knowing your background as a writer, I'm not sure if you're familiar with ghost writing, how prevalent it is, or how to works. So following is my professional take on the Ron Paul Newsletters issue, as a professional ghost writer and marketing expert with over 20 years of experience.

Why the Beltway Libertarians Are Trying to Smear Ron Paul:

The hysteria that is energizing the campaign to smear Ron Paul and his supporters as “racist” is reaching a crescendo of viciousness, as the Beltway “libertarian” crowd revs up its motors for a righteous purge. Writing in the online edition of Reason magazine, David Weigel and Julian Sanchez (the latter of the Cato Institute) aver that the whole brouhaha is rooted in a “strategy” enunciated by the late Murray N. Rothbard, the economist and author, and Llewellyn H. Rockwell Jr., founder and president of the Ludwig von Mises Institute, designed to appeal to “right-wing populists”...

Long story short, the (few) questionable newsletters did not originate with Paul, he's accepted moral responsibility for not catching them to prevent the publication of such material, and he's addressed this on quite a few occasions previously. They are a very small percentage of info published in his name (about 2%), are generally taken out of context, and are less interesting when not cherry-picked.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
What?!?! You mean his record and stated positions that he has held the entire time he has been in office disprove these hit pieces on a previously debunked racism charge? Wow, who would have thought that a bastion of journalism like CNN might be a part of the establishment.

Get a clue dude, if Fox and CNN are both after him, it PROVES the false left-right paradigm. Stop acting like a prole.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join