It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who needs doctrine and dogma? The important thing is to be good person.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
Christ is not a "lie" LunaKat, the reason you are so angry. Profess loving
and worshiping a Goddess, explain who she is...and why you love her.

Easy belief, no requirements, do you think?

I

Ahmmm...colbe, I believe YOU were asked several times to name your god, and you have ignored these requests. Why should she answer you then? You know, what you say about LunaCat and her love for the Goddess, and you alluding to Goddess worshippers being homosexual could very easily be turned onto you. Please, stay on the topic at hand.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

reply to post by LunaKat

Why don't you take your pagan beliefs somewhere else as I requested?
You are so mean Luna. You'll have plenty of replies. Had to come here
though....convicted fallen away Catholic who refuses to return to the faith, so is angry. But the thing is, you can.

The "crone"....oh my gosh!!!

colbe, I am afraid that goes both ways. What if you were told to take your Christian beliefs and go somewhere else? You come in here, start a thread about Church doctrine and dogma, telling us that one does not need that at all, but just to be a good person. Then you go about attacking those who do not belong you your little cult, calling names, making accusations, posting channelled messages that you would surely damn to hell is someone said they channelled a message from the Goddess, or an ET Being. You order that members who respond to your claims to "go somewhere else," you even U2ed me to order me not to ever respond you your posts.....What, pray tell, is your agenda here? You have most clearly shown the membership what kind of person you are.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

In all honesty, we are trying. But these personal attacks on other faiths is getting out of hand. Making references to a person's sexual preferences in a religious thread can have but one agenda, and I think you know what it is.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You mean "believe" in atheism? One of your loving examples of atheistic belief just died. Christopher Hitchens. Shall I post some of his "loving"
quotes. He mocked Mother Teresa! You know them by their fruit.

Do you mean this colbe?

reporting what Mother Teresa actually did is not mocking – its called telling the truth

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

jm,

It is not the end of the world but the end of time, this period of the 6th day, the end to a period of evil. It's going to take the Chastisement to accomplish it. The Chastisement involves the 3 days of darkness.
The Chastisement is by fire this time and celestial.

Two divine events prophesied to happen before the Chastisement, one
not as well known... The Great Warning and within a year the
Great Miracle. All the world will see it and know this miracle is from God.

It's wonderful you went to Mass. In the last years, with the Novus
Ordo Mass, this Mass is not as reverent as the Tridentine Mass.
Guitar Masses should never have been started. Pope Benedict is
bringing back the reverence. Their has been a recent change in the
words of the liturgy, they are more holy. Hey, like your old girlfriend.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by colbe

So you agree sharing Matthew 16:18? It's clear. Jesus made Peter head of His Church? History shows it.

Why do you wish to argue Our Lord using the word "rock." Our Lord
changed Simone's name to Peter for a reason. It is very important
when God does this, we know from history.

Peter means rock. Jesus is proclaiming Peter head of the Apostles,
now the head of His Church.

The church already existing, the question of its continued existence is the subject of this dialog, the rock being what will protect the church from the gates of hell opening and the dark demons coming from it and destroying the church, the fortress on the rock, the protection and preservation, in other words salvation, comes from the fact that Jesus, the founder and head of the church is the Messiah, meaning all power and authority is given to him and it is made manifest he has it now, by his ability to confer that same type of authority onto his disciples, who are then in charge of pointing out what is in fact evil and what is good.

I am not disagreeing, the founder and head of the Church is God
Himself Christ. You don't deny God chose special men in the Old
Covenant to lead the faithful. What happened in the New Covenant?

It's the same in the New Covenant. With men's pride, Jesus was returning
to Heaven and sending God the Holy Spirit. And Jesus named a special
man here to lead the faithful. One authority, that is the Pope, who
Peter was the first. God gave a special gift to the leader of the faithful.
He is a man and capable of sin but on matters of faith and morals,
the Pope cannot error. That's why the Truth stays the same. Remember
when all the world including many Catholics believed contraception a good
thing which it isn't. Pope Paul VI stood alone saying no. He followed
God. All the bad from contraception the holy Father predicted has happened and more. These terrible last fifty years of contraception.
Where is the next generation? I see a lot of gray haired people not many
young adults or children.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

A woman God is very offensive, especially to God the Father.

Every woman is a lady, and should be treated as such.
(hint - they are NOT second class citizens)

It disturbs me that you can ignore chivalry, because you have this thing to hide behind that you call religion.

I agree! There are actually more women than men in Heaven. God still
reveals Himself as masculine. No one worships a Goddess. No one
who realizes who the true God is...

And look at the love of the Blessed Trinity for Mary.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Christ is not a "lie" LunaKat, the reason you are so angry. Profess loving
and worshiping a Goddess, explain who she is...and why you love her.

Easy belief, no requirements, do you think?

I

Ahmmm...colbe, TextI believe YOU were asked several times to name your god, and you have ignored these requests. Why should she answer you then? You know, what you say about LunaCat and her love for the Goddess, and you alluding to Goddess worshippers being homosexual could very easily be turned onto you. Please, stay on the topic at hand.

autowrench,

It is the Christian God, the Holy Trinity. God the Father, God the Son, Our Lord and God the Holy Spirit. One God in three divine persons. The wonderful thing, you can love Them each individually, speak to Them, contemplate and pray to all Three!

I am trying to figure out how anyone can worship a Goddess? What
is the draw? Besides, pagan gods are made up.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I am trying to figure out how anyone can worship a Goddess? What
is the draw? Besides, pagan gods are made up.

ha ha......ha ha ha.....ROTFL......snort....then lol again (trying to regain composure)

uh....pardon me (ha ha), pagan gods are made up??, yea and christianity is based on pagan religions.

So, you worship STOLEN, made up stuff.
Look into the light long enough, and you will go blind.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

reply to post by LunaKat

Why don't you take your pagan beliefs somewhere else as I requested?
You are so mean Luna. You'll have plenty of replies. Had to come here
though....convicted fallen away Catholic who refuses to return to the faith, so is angry. But the thing is, you can.

The "crone"....oh my gosh!!!

colbe, I am afraid that goes both ways. What if you were told to take your Christian beliefs and go somewhere else? You come in here, start a thread about Church doctrine and dogma, telling us that one does not need that at all, but just to be a good person. Then you go about attacking those who do not belong you your little cult, calling names, making accusations, posting channelled messages that you would surely damn to hell is someone said they channelled a message from the Goddess, or an ET Being. You order that members who respond to your claims to "go somewhere else," you even U2ed me to order me not to ever respond you your posts.....What, pray tell, is your agenda here? You have most clearly shown the membership what kind of person you are.

I requested, I did not order LuanaKat to leave. She's hit me with constant
personal insults, posting in all my threads. Enough is enough. You just
insulted me calling the true faith "a little cult" so don't correct me on being
kind. There haven't been any current messages from the Godess, I have
asked. You still haven't watched the OP Youtube. Everyone needs Dogma and Doctrine, this where knowledge of who God is can be found.

My "agenda" at ATS is to share the messages from Heaven that souls
might be saved.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

.....You just
insulted me calling the true faith "a little cult" ....

Hate to break it to you, but your church is a cult. Look up the definition.
Were all supposed to be educated here on ATS.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Christianity does not come from Paganism. Funny, ha, ha...how the
miraculous, science can't explain, all points to the Trinitarian God.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Your problem is colbe that the thought of ending up for all eternity in the company of someone with your out-look is far more terrifying than having to spend all eternity in the company of Satan and all his imps - just saying

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

It is not the end of the world but the end of time, this period of the 6th day, the end to a period of evil. It's going to take the Chastisement to accomplish it. The Chastisement involves the 3 days of darkness.
The Chastisement is by fire this time and celestial.
In other words, the end of the world.
You are just avoiding the term because it exposes you for being in direct contradiction to the most fundamental tenet of the church.

I went to Mass a lot and was more involved in the church than is easily explained.
edit on 29-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

One authority . . .
You have to read the corresponding story in John and it is more clear there that this authority is given to all who were in attendance to this event, which may have included everyone who may have been a disciple, not restricted to the twelve, so it is to the church as a whole, and not to a single person.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
In regards to the title of the thread, the answer would be, no, according to the Gospel of Mathew.
People are not so much divided by what sort of good things they are doing compared to what things the next person is doing.
It has to do with which side you are on in a conflict between two forces, and if you are on the side which is for good, then you will be expected to be doing good things as a matter of course, in conformity with the nature of the good force, or the force for good.
The opposite would be true for the people who choose the side for evil, where by nature they will do evil things as a matter of course.
So I am not so sure about this being so much a struggle within yourself to be good as opposed to being bad, that if you are on the good side the spirit of goodness will be in you and if you are on the side for evil the spirit of evil will be in you.
This is an apocalyptic way of viewing the cosmos that is in Mathew, where the judgment is happening now, in how your life indicates your own judgment to where you want to be headed. Jesus would be important in this scheme of things where it gives you a definite picture in your mind of someone who is leading in this good verses evil thing but obviously on the side for good and you can say to yourself that this is the side you want to be on, the side of Jesus. Failure to do so by default places you in the Satan camp, though you don't see an actual Satan character to style yourself after, but it is not necessary to have that since there are so many good examples of that camp everywhere you look.

edit on 29-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

No one worships a Goddess. No one

What? Women are the givers of life, colbe. And many people over the ages have revered women. 12,000+ years ago, the little carving of Venus was crafted by a person who revered the fertility of women.

I happen to have similar beliefs to LunaKat; the female is an equal and indispensable side of the divinity. Part of the problem with the "Christian" dogma is that they dismiss women as "lesser than." Christ did not.

He was a good person. And I'm not really sure why you started this thread if you were going to just ram dogma at people (which is not being a good person).

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by colbe

No one worships a Goddess. No one

What? Women are the givers of life, colbe. And many people over the ages have revered women. 12,000+ years ago, the little carving of Venus was crafted by a person who revered the fertility of women.

I happen to have similar beliefs to LunaKat; the female is an equal and indispensable side of the divinity. Part of the problem with the "Christian" dogma is that they dismiss women as "lesser than." Christ did not.

He was a good person. And I'm not really sure why you started this thread if you were going to just ram dogma at people (which is not being a good person).

Well, as far as my view goes on it......
If a man can not have respect for women, he IS NOT A MAN.
(colbe....do you abuse women, or children, or both?)
wither it be sexually, physically, or emotionally.......ALL are abuse
edit on 29-12-2011 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Well, as far as my view goes on it......
If a man can not have respect for women, he IS NOT A MAN.
(colbe....do you abuse women, or children, or both?)
wither it be sexually, physically, or emotionally.......ALL are abuse

Just to clear it up
COLBE - this response is a question to you. Since from your posts....you may have male organs attached to your body, but, YOU ARE NOT A MAN!!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

. . . the female is an equal and indispensable side of the divinity . . .

The highest entity (according to the ancient Greeks) is personified by a female named Anankē, who created the universe, and the gods are basically part of that universe.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join