It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who needs doctrine and dogma? The important thing is to be good person.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Ahem...

Hi People,

You all know how this goes now:

- focus on the POST and not the poster

- keep it civil ie: keep the personalised snidey little side-shots out of it

- keep it on-topic.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

edit on 29-12-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

edit on 29-12-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

It's what you say Ak...

"Your story" That's the point. You can't come to a Christian thread and mock the faith and think no one is going to call you on it? Start your personal I am not a Christian thread.

No that is what i know... I have no need to label my beliefs.

And yet again... im not mocking anyone...

It's an attack because you deny Christ.

Incorrect... You have denied his words within this thread not me.

It's been that way since your first post. You and Luna get together, she
can bring you to belief in the "crone."

My first post was a question to you... which ended in you denying your saviours own words...

edit on 29-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
Ahem...

Hi People,

You all know how this goes now:

- focus on the POST and not the poster

- keep it civil ie: keep the personalised snidey little side-shots out of it

- keep it on-topic.

Cheers

Thanks, I will try but this evening...I am a Christian, a Catholic Christian battling against the lions. Back to topic.

We have a fallen nature, we need the help of God to be a good person.
If you deny dogma, the truth of God...how are you going to be a good
person?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by riley
reply to post by Akragon

He claimed that being a good and moral person required belief in dogma.
He has proven the opposite.

edit on 29-12-2011 by riley because: (no reason given)

Third person talk is so brave. Darth is your guy?

huh? It wasn't in response to you so I'm not sure what you mean by "brave".. and I'm not sure what you mean about "darth" either..

LOL. Another follower of Christ. Oh, anti-Dogmas are coming out of the woodwork.

I am very familiar with Jesus' teachings. If you REALLY believed in following dogma your behaviour on this board would be more christ-like but many of your posts are judgemental and angry. Why are you not following his teachings if you value christian dogma so much?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

That is not what I said in the first quote you posted of my words.

Ok, then, here are the words from your post which I originally commented on:

Jesus is returning soon to reveal this Truth and more to every soul on the earth. Before the anti-Christ comes to full power.
So what you are now saying is that this is not the end of the world.
Jesus is just, what, going to go on TV or something and everything is going to go on as usual other than there is a new TV show to watch?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by colbe

That is not what I said in the first quote you posted of my words.

Ok, then, here are the words from your post which I originally commented on:

Jesus is returning soon to reveal this Truth and more to every soul on the earth. Before the anti-Christ comes to full power.

So what you are now saying is that this is not the end of the world.
Jesus is just, what, going to go on TV or something and everything is going to go on as usual other than there is a new TV show to watch?

Yes exactly. It's not the end of the world but the end of a period of
time. There are eight periods of time with God. They are known too as
Days. We are near to the end of the 6th Day why you hear so much now
we are in the end of times. The next period, the 7th Day comes after
the Great Tribulation and the Chastisement. In the 8th Day, Satan is
released, there is a final battle and the Final Judgment.

Now near the end of the 6th Day, God is in the process of removing
evil from the earth, it's happening now really. And after the Chastisement,
God is going to renew the entire earth for the new time, the Era of Peace
Catholics call it and some refer to it as the Millennium. The Church
Fathers say don't take Millennium literally, it could be a 1000 years, maybe not, only God knows.

The anti-Christ is going to show up in the Great Tribulation. The Great Trib is not far off, prophesied in a recent message to an Irish seer to begin near the end of 2012. Before the AC appears on scene God is sending a divine warning and it is also a great gift, it's a revelation of who He is and where we stand with Him. We will see our lives as He sees them. Like a NDE life review. All the world will see how loving He truly is, everyone personally!! The doctrines and dogmas not everyone knows
of or because free will deny will be revealed by God Himself. And in the
"Great Warning" God will warn do not look at the anti-Christ. And never take His mark. After the Great Warning, you will have to throw out your electronics. Sounds wild. It is all going to happen.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

He claimed that being a good and moral person required belief in dogma.
He has proven the opposite.

edit on 29-12-2011 by riley because: (no reason given)

Third person talk is so brave. Darth is your guy?

huh? It wasn't in response to you so I'm not sure what you mean by "brave".. and I'm not sure what you mean about "darth" either..

LOL. Another follower of Christ. Oh, anti-Dogmas are coming out of the woodwork.

I am very familiar with Jesus' teachings. If you REALLY believed in following dogma your behaviour on this board would be more christ-like but many of your posts are judgemental and angry. Why are you not following his teachings if you value christian dogma so much?

Riley,

We were told not to make this personal and you start in again. I do not
see a loving response from non-Christians, it is a constant attack
and mostly personal because when you question non-Christian belief, they turn it to personal insults because they have no answers.

ATS is a New Age, atheist, agnostic mostly discussion forum. I didn't
realize until after I joined. What a perfect place to be to share the messages from Heaven. They are full of love and hope.

Let us discuss Father Barron's words in the OP.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I hope I heard it right. Two quotes from the OP Youtube from Father
Robert Barron. He has very interesting Youtubes. There is one about God, it's beautiful what he says.... I should post it.

Father Barron ~ "The Church identifies love as a participation in God's way of being."

How often, all your life have you heard....God is love. This is why we need to know God and accept His help.

Then Father says..."Love we so admire in the ethical order is a theological reality described by doctrinal truths."

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

How do you do that without God? You can't be a loving person without Him.

Father Barron has great thoughts on subjects of faith, see and hear his commentary on this question, especially the last three or four minutes of the nine minute Youtube.

www.youtube.com...

You can't claim to be a loving person while making judgements about others being unloving because they don't believe "in him".

I even went as far as watching the video and it's basically saying morality and even love is worthless or insincere without belief in god. He could have just come out and said "atheists are inherently immoral" in ten seconds but because he doesn't want to sound like an overt bigot he wasted ten minutes of bandwidth to say it in a nice way instead. Smooth.

I was really hoping for something positive in this thread but it I feel like I've been suckerpunched.

Love is the answer.

For all who believe in it please do not let this kind of negativity drag you down.

You mean "believe" in atheism? One of your loving examples of atheistic belief just died. Christopher Hitchens. Shall I post some of his "loving"
quotes. He mocked Mother Teresa! You know them by their fruit.

It sounds like you distance yourself from "love" itself. Well, God is love.

Father Barron didn't state what you posted above. And you can't even
type, write Our Lord's name. "in him".... Why don't you say His name?

Prayers..............

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
God is love, why would He try again to save all souls? It's man's free will,
those who choose to reject Him.

Latest message about the Great Warning and the new time.

message to Maria/Divine Mercy

Virgin Mary: Birth Pangs have commenced

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 @ 02:00 pm

My child the birth pangs have commenced.

The time has come for the birth of a New world, a new beginning.

Many changes will now take place on earth the likes of which have not been witnessed before.

My Heavenly Father is sending My beloved Son Jesus Christ to once again save mankind from his wickedness.

You, my child, will witness a series of events which have already been revealed to you.

You must not be frightened for this cleansing is essential in order to wake up mankind if souls are to be saved.

The signs will commence as foretold. My children must accept these changes with a humble and contrite heart.

Pray, pray for souls to discard the sin of pride and seek forgiveness for their offenses against God the Father.

Failure to redeem themselves will result in a severe chastisement.

My Son’s mercy is so great he will give time to my children to repent.

But you must pray now for all souls so that they may be worthy to enter into the New Era of Peace.

Your beloved Mother
Mary Queen of the Heavens

www.thewarningsecondcoming.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

. . . Satan is released, there is a final battle and the Final Judgment.

Now near the end of the 6th Day, God is in the process of removing
evil from the earth, it's happening now really. And after the Chastisement,
God is going to renew the entire earth for the new time . . .

This sounds like an end-of-the-world prediction to me.
These are apocalyptic events you are describing.
A sort of fancy term for end of the world.
I just saw an ad on TV for the Catholic Church, the one "Jesus made himself" and claimed to have one billion members. It is not too difficult to imagine that out of these billion people there would be some who have "prophetic" utterances. I know a little bit about such things since a long time ago I was going out with a Catholic girl who was a person somewhat gifted in that she was going to college for a couple years before they finally released her from high school and was a musical virtuoso among other things. She would get up in Mass to play guitar and sing and she got into doing the readings and things to where I got to thinking she was practically a priest. She was attending Charismatic Renewal prayer meetings on Wednesday nights in the music room for the school on the church property where she also became a prophet where she was taken by the spirit and would give these prophetic talks as if it was coming from God Himself. I got grabbed by such a spirit but resisted it of course not trusting in such things myself. The point being is that the church was not about to recognize her and make her a saint or anything. They just let people do their thing like that if they were so inclined and did no harm otherwise.
My main point I was trying to get at earlier was about official church policy and if it endorses wild end of the world speculation and when did it canonize the book of Barnabas?

edit on 29-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I have overcome my anger.

You need to put these things into perspective and that comes with experience,
that these battles are never-ending so there is never a final crises where you have to marshal all your emotions into the breach so to speak.
So just hold your forces in reserve to be called up once all the ones currently engaged in the fighting are dead, then regroup and set the next strategy.

edit on 29-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

So you agree sharing Matthew 16:18? It's clear. Jesus made Peter head of His Church? History shows it.

Why do you wish to argue Our Lord using the word "rock." Our Lord
changed Simone's name to Peter for a reason. It is very important
when God does this, we know from history.

Peter means rock. Jesus is proclaiming Peter head of the Apostles,
now the head of His Church.
The church already existing, the question of its continued existence is the subject of this dialog, the rock being what will protect the church from the gates of hell opening and the dark demons coming from it and destroying the church, the fortress on the rock, the protection and preservation, in other words salvation, comes from the fact that Jesus, the founder and head of the church is the Messiah, meaning all power and authority is given to him and it is made manifest he has it now, by his ability to confer that same type of authority onto his disciples, who are then in charge of pointing out what is in fact evil and what is good.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

A woman God is very offensive, especially to God the Father.

Every woman is a lady, and should be treated as such.
(hint - they are NOT second class citizens)

It disturbs me that you can ignore chivalry, because you have this thing to hide behind that you call religion.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join