It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who needs doctrine and dogma? The important thing is to be good person.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Now you say you meant something else?

I've always meant the same thing but there seems to be a disconnect between my words and your understanding.
I'm not asking if a particular person who happens to be considered by some to be a Catholic said something about some bad thing happening.
I'm asking if it is official church doctrine that the world is going to end.
The point being that you say that everything good has been given to us by the church, so when did they give us the end of the world?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LunaKat
reply to post by colbe

You haven't answered my question. In fact you have never answered my questions and I've only ever asked you two or three.

What besides preach do you do with all the love you supposedly get from your faith Colbe? Answer.

My last words...were of love to you.

Not going to address why you came here and the reason for your insults just turn it around with a question.

And the "ignored" about being loving coming from pagans, non-believers, anti-Christians, anti-Catholics after they mock and deny Christ and the faith and then they cry "where is love" but your insults are fine when someone replies to defend the true faith.

They are not, you will lose your soul.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

reply to post by colbe

You haven't answered my question. In fact you have never answered my questions and I've only ever asked you two or three.

What besides preach do you do with all the love you supposedly get from your faith Colbe? Answer.

Not going to address why you came here and the reason for your insults just turn it around with a question.

And the "ignored" about being loving coming from pagans, non-believers, anti-Christians, anti-Catholics after they mock and deny Christ and the faith and then they cry "where is love" but your insults are fine when someone replies to defend the true faith.

I have been exploring ATS and have visited the Paranormal; Psychology & Metaphysics; 2012; Philosophy sections as well as this section of ATS. I have posted in all those.

I was perfectly honest why I'm in your thread or can't you read? I wanted to give you a taste of what it is like for someone to come in and disrupt your thread.

You have never answered a single question of mine. You still have not said what you do that is loving. What do you do besides preach?

You have lost your soul Colbe. You can't even answer a simple question. You found your faith later in life. You are like a reformed whatever...you are all full of fire for your newfound faith. Now tell me Colbe...what do you do with all this love you found in your faith?

As far as your words of love to me. You do it to piss me off and for no other reason. Same with asking me several times if I'm a lesbian.

Your soul is gone, gone, gone. Sold to your "Satan."

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by colbe

I've always meant the same thing but there seems to be a disconnect between my words and your understanding.
I'm not asking if a particular person who happens to be considered by some to be a Catholic said something about some bad thing happening.
The point being that you say that everythinggood has been given to us by the church, so when did they give us the end of the world?

That is not what I said in the first quote you posted of my words. I was speaking of the end of this period of time, the 6th Day and the Great Warning in that quote. Explain what you mean or are asking and you finally have. Thanks.

And I said everything we know of Christ has been given to us by the Church. I'll look up the Church Father's quotes, given by Christ to the Apostles on the end of the world, the Final Judgment. There may be quotes, earlier than found in the Gospel. The Canon wasn't decided until the fourth century.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The reason Colbe that you do not answer my question is because you don't do anything but preach and cram this stuff down peoples throats. Its all fake, fake, fake. All talk and no action. I knew you couldn't answer that question.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

I have been exploring ATS and have visited the Paranormal; Psychology & Metaphysics; 2012; Philosophy sections as well as this section of ATS. I have posted in all those.

I was perfectly honest why I'm in your thread or can't you read? I wanted to give you a taste of what it is like for someone to come in and disrupt your thread.

You have never answered a single question of mine. You still have not said what you do that is loving. What do you do besides preach?

You have lost your soul Colbe. You can't even answer a simple question. You found your faith later in life. You are like a reformed whatever...you are all full of fire for your newfound faith. Now tell me Colbe...what do you do with all this love you found in your faith?

As far as your words of love to me. Your soul is gone, gone, gone. Sold to your "Satan."

Your soul is gone, gone, gone. Sold to your "Satan."

Triple slams, thanks.

I'll repeat again, that Pagan thread was not your thread lunaK, this is a
discussion forum. You came here to my thread. Sorry.

The lesbian question you never answered was a way to try and understand why you profess a woman is God. A lot of man hating
lesbians believe this. It's not true. All of God's revelation show God
is spirit but reveals Himself to His creation as masculine, a father, a son.

Are you lesbian? I hope not.

To pray for someone is an act of love. My faith isn't newfound, a long time now and there is no "reformed" in Catholicism but at ATS it's really tested. I found the faith of my Baptism for the first time. I was like you,
I didn't know the faith.

You're here for one reason. Be kind in reply to me and you will prove me wrong. Pagans, wiccans get real upset at discussion of the true faith.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The reason Colbe that you do not answer my question is because you don't do anything but preach and cram this stuff down peoples throats. Its all fake, fake, fake. All talk and no action. I knew you couldn't answer that question.

Why are you here then?

I'll be kind. What's your question?

Don't be so dramatic.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Triple slams, thanks.

The lesbian question you never answered was a way to try and understand why you profess a woman is God. A lot of man hating

To pray for someone is an act of love. My faith isn't newfound, a long time now and there is no "reformed" in Catholicism but at ATS it's really tested. I found the faith of my Baptism for the first time. I was like you,
I didn't know the faith.

You're here for one reason. Be kind in reply to me and you will prove me wrong. Pagans, wiccans get real upset at discussion of the true faith.

Colbe I was a participant in that thread for a while before you came in and spammed it over and over and over with your copy & paste channeled messages that had nothing to do with the topic. At least I'm on topic here.

To pray for someone ..thats all you do? Like I said you do nothing except talk.

You're right I'm in here bugging you for one reason...to give you a taste of your own medicine.

Again you ask if I'm lesbian? What is this now Colbe the fifth time? I hope people listen up here. Colbe even though that is absolutely none of your business I have already answered that and told you I was married. I told you in that other thread. You don't read..again.

I love the Goddess. By your reasoning you are homosexual then?? You worship male Gods and created a thread that angels are only male. Are you male or female? You've never really said but I know you hate women.

I get upset at ignorance. I get upset at people who I've told over and over and over the same thing and they still don't listen or stop. I get upset when you go after everyone here. You argue with Christians, non Christians, Catholics, everyone. Who haven't you told was wrong Colbe? There is only two people here at ATS I have differences with. You and one other person that seems enamored of you. Can you say the same Colbe? Can you say you don't have differences with more than two people? Wheres the love Colbe????

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I'm finished here. Before you preach to me or anyone else Colbe, live a life that is more than just talk. And stop interrupting threads with spam or questions about peoples sexuality or any of the other nonsense you do. People might like you a whole lot more if you would be less offensive.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Triple slams, thanks.

I didn't know the faith.

Colbe I was a participant in that thread for a while before you came in and spammed it over and over and over with your copy & paste channeled messages that had nothing to do with the topic. At least I'm on topic here.

To pray for someone ..thats all you do? Like I said you do nothing except talk.

You're right I'm in here bugging you for one reason...to give you a taste of your own medicine.

Again you ask if I'm lesbian? What is this now Colbe the fifth time? I hope people listen up here. Colbe even though that is absolutely none of your business I have already answered that and told you I was married. I told you in that other thread. You don't read..again.

I love the Goddess. By your reasoning you are homosexual then?? You worship male Gods and created a thread that angels are only male. Are you male or female? You've never really said but I know you hate women.

I get upset at ignorance. I get upset at people who I've told over and over and over the same thing and they still don't listen or stop. I get upset when you go after everyone here. You argue with Christians, non Christians, Catholics, everyone. Who haven't you told was wrong Colbe? There is only two people here at ATS I have differences with. You and one other person that seems enamored of you. Can you say the same Colbe? Can you say you don't have differences with more than two people? Wheres the love Colbe????

I didn't "spam" anything, I gave the Catholic Truth. You were there previous but that doesn't make it your thread.

You don't like to hear the Truth and you weren't able to back up God
is a woman Goddess.

Your replies are long only because you turn to personal insults. It doesn't
help your argument.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I'm finished here. Before you preach to me or anyone else Colbe, live a life that is more than just talk. And stop interrupting threads with spam or questions about peoples sexuality or any of the other nonsense you do. People might like you a whole lot more if you would be less offensive.

If I agree with you, you wouldn't mind my posts.

When you preach God is woman, people will ask if you are lesbian.

It's a secret you're keeping to yourself. Okay.

A woman God is very offensive, especially to God the Father.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by colbe

The point being that you say that everythinggood has been given to us by the church, so when did they give us the end of the world?

That is not what I said in the first quote you posted of my words. I was speaking of the end of this period of time, the 6th Day and the Great Warning in that quote. Explain what you mean or are asking and you finally have. Thanks.

And I said everything we know of Christ has been given to us by the Church. I'll look up the Church Father's quotes, given by Christ to the Apostles on the end of the world, the Final Judgment. There may be quotes, earlier than found in the Gospel. The Canon wasn't decided until the fourth century.

jmdewey,

I am not up on the end of the world, interested more in these times and the next period of time, the Era of Peace. I know some basics. Here is a
Church Father, before Scripture on the end of the world and from three of the Gospel writers.

+ + +

Athanasius, Bishop of Alexandria (297 - 373)

Christian faith thus expresses this truth: "I believe in Jesus Christ who will come to judge the living and the dead." St. Athanasius, known as "Champion of orthodoxy" makes this doctrine more precise: At the coming of the Savior all men will rise with their bodies and will render an account of all their acts.

Councils [131] teach a general resurrection, after which Christ will judge all men, on what they have thought, desired, said, done, and omitted, and will then give to each according to his works."

Scripture:
This universal judgment is presented as the work of Christ, above all in the great discourse on the end of the world, as preserved by the three Evangelists. [145] "When the Son of man comes in His glory and all His angels with Him, then shall He sit on the seat of His majesty. And all nations shall be gathered together before Him, and He shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats." [146] Jesus, speaking of His passion, says to the high priest: "Hereafter you shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of the power of God and coming in the clouds of heaven." [147] In St. John's Gospel [148] we read: "He that despiseth Me and receiveth not My words hath one that judgeth him. The word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last days." "Everyone who . . . believeth in Me . . . hath everlasting life; and I will raise him up in the last day." [149] "The hour cometh wherein all that are in the graves shall hear the voice of the Son of God, and they that have done good things shall come forth unto the resurrection of life; but they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of judgment." [150]

131. Denz. nos. 54, 86, 87, 429, 693.
145. Matt.25:31-46.
146. Ibid., 25:31; Mark 13:27; Luke 21:27.
147. Matt. 26:64.
148. John 12:48.
149. Ibid., 6:40-44; 40:44, 55.
150. Ibid., 11:25; 5:29.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I think it's grossly innapropriate for you to be demanding someone tell you if they are a lesbian. It's none of your business.. and it's off topic.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I asked LunaK several times if she is Lesbian but she would never reply. Saying you were married before isn't an answer. Just answer, yes or no I am a Lesbian.

"Again you ask if I'm lesbian? What is this now Colbe the fifth time? I hope people listen up here. Colbe even though that is absolutely none of your business I have already answered that and told you I was married. I told you in that other thread. You don't read..again. I love the Goddess."...

What happened to the openness of the gay agenda? Isn't it okay to be
lesbian, a sodomite? It isn't with God.

Why do you never answer MY questions??? I asked you if you are male or female. Always you don't ever answer anything I ask you.

Again, I am married. My husband and I have been married for 30 years. Just to spell this out for your idiotic brain... husband=male. I am not a Lesbian.

You are the sorriest excuse for a human being I have ever seen. It is perfectly well and good to be a Lesbian anyways. What in the hell is wrong with you?????????????????? Do you take drugs or something? Did you screw up your brain?

You don't understand the word "no."
You are anti-gay
You hate women
You oppose just about everyone here at ATS
You spam threads
You ask people questions and don't read their answers.
You never answer any questions yourself.

What in the hell is wrong with you?

Colbe get this straight. I wouldn't walk with you down a street. There is no way in hell I'm following you into any kind of eternity. You must be joking. You can quit your preaching to me. Everything you are I despise. Got it? Can I make any clearer???

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

If you want to be correct it was dinner that they were eating as was customary at the Passover Feast. What you do at church is nothing like the Passover feast known as the last supper.

You see if you want to be technical you should read all the verses that pertain to the breaking of bread. So that you may understand how the apostles broke bread.

Matthew 26:26-29
Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.”

Acts 2:42
They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

Acts 2:46
Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts,

Acts 20:11
And when Paul had gone up and had broken bread and eaten, he conversed with them a long while, until daybreak, and so departed.

The apostles met in the temple courts in the day but they broke bread during the meal that was eaten at the houses of fellow believers. This was a time of fellowship and remembrance. At no time was the breaking of bread the way the church does it today talked about or instructed in the bible. The breaking of bread and taking of wine was always a fellowship of believers that were eating a full meal together.

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body," (1 Cor. 6:19-20).

The remnant of the church is the bible itself and the message that has been preserved in every translation that I have looked at. The temple is the body the place where God dwells. My body is the temple of God, and your body is also the temple of God.

You see in the Old Testament God promised that he would live at the temple. You look to a church as if they have the authority of God somehow contained within their walls. Protestants go to church every Sunday just as you do. Every Protestant church that I have attended periodically does the breaking of bread and taking of wine.

In the New Testament God promised to dwell within us. Each of us who have faith in Christ Jesus is the church. This is why your denomination does not matter.

You believe that I might be condemning myself to hell because I do not follow the teaching of any Church. I say that I follow the teaching in the bible and assure you if your faith in Christ is strong we will both be going to heaven.

For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Mathew 18:20
So you see when any 2 of us gather God is with us, we are in Church. Since our bodies have become the temple of Christ and the Holy Spirit is our teacher we only need each other.

I have made it clear through scripture that the Holy Spirit is the teacher and that we are the temple that God lives in. This is the only way, why would you want to be taught by a sinner when you can be taught by the perfect teacher Christ Jesus. I choose to let the Holy Spirit teach me so I have accepted Christ as the only High Priest and teacher that I need.

You never did answer my question about all the verses that say the Holy Spirit is the teacher.

And as with all churches many of my questions simply cannot be answered because every church, and I mean every church teaches a message that at times contradicts the bible. If anything that anyone or any church teaches contradicts the bible they are a false teacher.

Nothing that I say contradicts the bible. What I say may contradict your church but certainly not the bible. My faith comes from following my brother Christ Jesus. My message follows the bible perfectly because it does not belong to me but to the Holy Spirit.

Colbe I give you one last thing to think about. If it is even possible I want you to do something. I want you to go by the bible on CD, at least the New Testament. This is the easy part. The hard part is something that I don’t know if you can do. Forget everything you have ever heard about the bible. Pray to our father through our brother Christ Jesus to interpret the bible for you and listen. Then listen again and again and again. Allow the Holy Spirit to teach you just as promised by the bible.

Actually I encourage everyone to do this.

With love your brother in Jesus Christ our saviour

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

You don't speak for God...

And i believe Jesus would also disagree with you...

Isn't the title of this thread "its important to be a good person"?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

If I agree with you, you wouldn't mind my posts.

When you preach God is woman, people will ask if you are lesbian.

It's a secret you're keeping to yourself. Okay.

A woman God is very offensive, especially to God the Father.

Colbe you can't prove God is a male. There are religions that predate your own. People worshiped the Goddess (and other Gods) long before Christianity. People have shown you this on that other thread but you choose not to believe facts.

No one has ever asked me if I was a lesbian because I believe in a Mother God. You are the first. I don't normally meet such ignorant people.

You have no clue what any God finds offensive. But you are the very definition of offensive.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Mathew 16:17-20
17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[c] will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[d] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[e] loosed in heaven.” 20 Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

Why are you so worried, if the Catholic Church is what is being talked about here then nothign will overcome the Church.

1 Peter 2:4-5
4 As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him— 5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house[a] to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Peter himself seems to dispute your claim that he is some sort of special rock. You see he says that Chirst is the living stone and each of us who are believers also become like stones. It is the all believers not just one denomination or anouther but all believers that become the stones that make up the church. Jesus is the capstone that the builders rejected.

Each of our bodies is the temple this is not that hard to understand. You see each of us is a rock just the same as Peter.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join