It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South American Trading Block (Mercosur) Agree to Block British Soverign Flagged Vessels into their P

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I agree.
Going to war is not in anyone's interests and hopefully we won't go down that path again. She claims to be big on human rights, poverty awareness and health, but don't they all say that. She certainly seems pigheaded and determined to get her way.

Argie President Rants 'We Shall Get Falklands Back'

The battle will remain eternal, but not like the past with the use of force. We will wage a profound cultural, diplomatic & political battle on all fronts. (Cristina Fernández de Kirchner).

edit on 22-12-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
After watching the first vid, I would say she's a few sandwiches short of a picnic and in need of a reality check!!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by newyorkee
when you have to argue the right and wrong of a situation to overcome the logic of simple truth....useless conversations that just lead you to become a howling animal insulting people and just proving that the mentality behind your countries agresions is fully supported by its people or at least by you....

.England is in alot places for its own good not because it is correct...... EUROPEAN nations should get out of everyones territory.... or face their constant scorn....accept that

Empire is made by conquest......not by putting flags in the ground and saying here first,,,,
today,,,,,not when you landed there hundreds of years ago,,,,,is england a part of the south american community...no....so leave.....England confounded this problem by not leaving after an long era of rape theft and murder in the new world.....just go home....or stay but be honest,,,,,,you defend EMPIRE not right......

Wait.......you are American right?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The Falklands was founded before, Argentina... Before Chile, before Brazil,

Just because the Falklands is smaller, why can't we kick out and claim one of nations for being so close to the Islands ?

That is essentially what thy are doing, were the bigger country, we own that oil rich Island now, surely people are not that stupid, its a none issue

They will need to fight for it, and abit harder then last time too

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

No UK political party will concede sovereignty whilst there are those of us around who lived, and many who fought, through the '82 conflict- it would be political suicide.
As a result sovereignty is non-negotiable for the foreseeable future and it's irrelevant what anyone else thinks or says.
And the more Argentina and whoever else wants to get involved kicks up a fuss then the more determined, beligerant and resolute the UK will become, and not just the government.
Any foreign politician must surely be aware of this.
Which makes the refusal of the more than generous British offer so suspicious.
The offer was a win-win solution for all concerned parties.

Kirchner is misleading and manipulating the Argentinian people to further her own glory, unfortunately it looks like the Argentinian people are falling for it instead of demanding answers from her.

And of course the usual Brit bashers and self-haters jump on the bandwagon, trot out all the usual lies, exaggerations and bigotry in a feeble and pathetic attempt to 'get one over' the Brits.
If they applied even a modicum of unbiased assessment of the situation they would realise the only people who will miss out in all of this is the ordinary Argentinian 'man in the street'.
edit on 22/12/11 by Freeborn because: n's

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

While I agree to a certain degree with what you wrote. This might not be as one sided as you make it out to be, as the UK government is also not being honest and upfront?. Like I said, it's not just the Argentinan government that is being provocative, the British government also wants to extend a marine protection zone in the South Atlantic. Why? (Maybe they've found more oil). Personally I've never trusted any politicians. They are mostly all the same and just political prostitutes. It's the people and corporations pulling their strings who I am even more wary of.

en.mercopress.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I found a cool map of Argentina and i really have to understand why they claiming it back and The Falkland Islands are located in the South Atlantic Ocean on a projection of the Patagonian continental shelf about 250 nautical miles (288 mi; 463 km) from the Patagonia coastline. I personaly think that no one should be drilling there, it is my planet too and i have the right, and if they do get oil it should be for all of us to share, its our planet we where born here and we all own this...let change things for our favore no drilling no war

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gloster
I found a cool map of Argentina and i really have to understand why they claiming it back

other than an crappy attempt in the 1980's argentina's never had any control of the islands in its entire life as a nation so taking it back is a bit of a wrong word, if it was full of argentinian nationals who had lived on the island since before the year dot and wanted to return to argentinian control then i'd just just say 'adios and enjoy molesting the penguins' and be done with it but since the people have in a fair and democratic manner decided that staying with blighty is what they want then as a nation we should protect that democratic right

and last but not least ....hurrah and god save the queen

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Lets apply some logic here shall we.

What do those advocating a withdrawal of Britain from the Falklands think should happen to the current citizens? Namely:

1. Stay under the rule of Argentina despite disagreeing with their rule.
2. Forcibly removed from their homes that they have lived in all their lives as have their ancestors (it's called ethnic cleansing).

Now if 1. Will you:
1. Allow those citizens democratic rights to vote for who they please in local/regional elections and abide by the result irrespective of whom they vote for (it will be an anti Argentinian local MP/mayor/council.....whatever).
2. Impose a dictatorial rule of the remaining citizens, removing voting rights since you know who they will vote for!!!

Now if 1 will you:

***** Abide by the wishes of the citizens who do not wish to be ruled by Argentina.

DUH DUH DUH. There are only 3 outcomes:

1. The Falklands remain British. ( so zip it Argentina)
2. The Falklands become independant with the existing population ( so zip it Argentina)
3. The Falklands become Argentinian after the currrent occupants are ethnically cleansed. (Nice one Argentine, hope you are proud ! Zeig Heil........Hitler lives in Argentina.......the rumours are true)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Kirchner.............Now thats a good old Argentinian name
Here is the history of the name "Kirchner":-

www.houseofnames.com...

On a side note..............i believe quite a few Nazi war crimminals fled to South America

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by michael1983l

Those are sold out.

Thank you for highlighting your opinion as not worthy of anything.

As clearly half the world has sold out to the UK

edit on 22-12-2011 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, if you were not brit, you would understand what I mean.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Originally posted by southbeach
reply to post by Trueman

So you would like to see innocent islanders slaughtered,disowned and humiliated so you could get a sense of satisfaction that the long dead empire got a slap.Why don't you want the downfall of South America then?The Spanish colonials were about as caveman as they come,ask the Mayans.No chance of the prodigious peoples of latin America getting their land back is there?.I don't see the Uruguayans mentioning that on their agenda.

No, I just said what is the real situation. I was in south america in 1982 and I understood well what was that war about.

Just to mention one more thing taking in consideration, most of the argentinian population were against that war in 1982. Today the situation is different, in those days Argentina's president was Videla, a dictador. Now the president is Cristina Fernandez, just re-elected and she has the support of most of the people in her country.

Just think about it.

And she is being supported by a British bank that she appointed

Hence why her gov came very close to being indited

Hmmm.. perhaps you should tell her to dump the British bank and go look for help from the IMF wolves that the Paris Club are close to setting on Argentina.

I am not her adviser. Is it possible to discuss this without the tipical hostile attitude?

Sorry to inform you the world is already changing and imperialism will die. South american countries don't need your influence anymore, bye bye monopoly.

South america has all the resources now, UK needed the Beatles to keep the economy in good shape back in the 60's. 2 of them already died.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum.

I have read every post in this thread and whilst the anti-British rhetoric, from some posters, disappoints me it does not surprise me; indeed it reinforces my belief that history is taught around the world non factually. Instead biased views are promulgated and promoted either by States or by NGO's. This results in people thinking they are correct in their belief; that their view of the world and historical events are both correct and sound.

The reason why Argentina will continue to claim the Falklands are theirs is based not only on any illegitimate claim to the Islands, since proximity is not a legitimate claim, it is because they will continue to teach their children lies!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Originally posted by southbeach
reply to post by Trueman

So you would like to see innocent islanders slaughtered,disowned and humiliated so you could get a sense of satisfaction that the long dead empire got a slap.Why don't you want the downfall of South America then?The Spanish colonials were about as caveman as they come,ask the Mayans.No chance of the prodigious peoples of latin America getting their land back is there?.I don't see the Uruguayans mentioning that on their agenda.

No, I just said what is the real situation. I was in south america in 1982 and I understood well what was that war about.

Just to mention one more thing taking in consideration, most of the argentinian population were against that war in 1982. Today the situation is different, in those days Argentina's president was Videla, a dictador. Now the president is Cristina Fernandez, just re-elected and she has the support of most of the people in her country.

Just think about it.

And she is being supported by a British bank that she appointed

Hence why her gov came very close to being indited

Hmmm.. perhaps you should tell her to dump the British bank and go look for help from the IMF wolves that the Paris Club are close to setting on Argentina.

I am not her adviser. Is it possible to discuss this without the tipical hostile attitude?

Sorry to inform you the world is already changing and imperialism will die. South american countries don't need your influence anymore, bye bye monopoly.

South america has all the resources now, UK needed the Beatles to keep the economy in good shape back in the 60's. 2 of them already died.

You are right, imperialism will die, and should, so why is Argentina trying to take control of an island it has no claim to? And the Beatles? What is your point about exactly? Please try and explain if you are going to make a comment, kind of makes you not look quite so stupid.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Using the Argentine logic does this mean that we Americans can claim Canada because it's right next to us? Can Germany claim France? Can Australia claim New Zealand?

The answer is no. Buzz off Argies!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Using the Argentine logic does this mean that we Americans can claim Canada because it's right next to us? Can Germany claim France? Can Australia claim New Zealand?

The answer is no. Buzz off Argies!

Unfortunately that is their logic, which is moribund!

However, we will give them one more chance to work with us!

The Argentinians really do need to drop their ridiculous claim to the Falklands and instead work with us British people.

If the Argentinians could do so then we could work together.

Argentina would benefit from having not only half the profits from any extraction minus costs, they would also benefit from refineries in their country; this means taxes, jobs, expertise... education!

You have one more chance Argentina...

Don't mess it up!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
OMG, I finally understand why the U.S.A. is fighting wars of some type or another on almost every continent, and are drawn to fight over any piece of territory, no matter how minimal the importance. Evidently, as I have recently learned, the U.S. was initially settled by English, which led to many of us here being descendants of English, as well as, our political system being borrowed from the English. It must be something genetic that makes us want to fight when there is really no good reason to do so. This same gene seems to also inhibit the speech and reasoning centers of the brain when ones national pride is challenged. On the other hand, it seems the Argentines have a similar gene. Who knew?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by morefiber
OMG, I finally understand why the U.S.A. is fighting wars of some type or another on almost every continent, and are drawn to fight over any piece of territory, no matter how minimal the importance. Evidently, as I have recently learned, the U.S. was initially settled by English, which led to many of us here being descendants of English, as well as, our political system being borrowed from the English. It must be something genetic that makes us want to fight when there is really no good reason to do so. This same gene seems to also inhibit the speech and reasoning centers of the brain when ones national pride is challenged. On the other hand, it seems the Argentines have a similar gene. Who knew?

Oh my, can we take it history is not your forte?

Go back in time and see if any civilisation were different on any continent!

I really don't think genetics come in to this argument; human nature does and it is the same the world over and has been a constant since man walked the earth!

:-)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by morefiber

Going on that logic, then you had better blame the Celts, Vikings, Saxons, Jutes, Romans and Normans, etc.

At the end of the day, going back to the OP, no matter what the Argie Bitch says, as long as the residents of the Falklands want to remain British Citizens, then the Falklands will remain so. All three main British political parties back them so there is no liklehood of them being 'handed over' to some tin-pot 3rd world Banana republic that has a very recent history of Genocide of its own citizens.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
all three main political parties? you mean joke, bigger joke and the david cameron show?

good luck with your war, I shall have no part of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join