It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson Blasts SNL Tebow Skit: ‘There’s an Anti-Christian Bigotry‘ That’s ‘Disgustin

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Honestly, I am thinking along the same lines as you at this point. My opinion is more than known and clearly this guy is set in his opinion. So be it.

OP, you really are not open to actual discussion... You are looking for people to agree and calling disagreeing posts, personal attacks.

Well, you know my opinion very well at this point. So, really, there is nothing more I can say.

You think a Christian man was calling for Sharia ( Islamic) law. We disagree and say he was just questioning why more people were not upset by the skit.

So, all that considered, I too am stepping away from this thread. Good day.
edit on 20-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Help me out here . . .

What's the difference between

trolling about such a story, issue, faith orientation

vs

some mindless kneejerk blind raging hostility taking every fantasized overblown idiotic untrue chance to froth at the fingers over one's most hated value orientation?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

This shouldn't question your faith in humanity, it isn't that important.

I question Pat's motives for making such statements. I felt it needed to be done.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Yes, it's time to leave this thread. Off to threads not started by a sightless man in a lightless world...claiming the sun is exploding and we should all see it too.....sigh.

It was nice posting with all you who can see what is really going on.

Des

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Yeah, taking a stand against someone criticizing a comedy script and bringing up the violent reactions of others against such criticism is sightless and lightless.

How dare I point out that violence against criticizing religious beliefs is wrong.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

How dare I point out that violence against criticizing religious beliefs is wrong.

1. I'm curious if you mangle stoplight colors like you seem to mangle word meanings. That could get quite interersting.

2. We don't observe you doing what you assert above.

3. We observe something entirely different, inauthentic appearing, untrue, farcical, seemingly hateful, seemingly spiteful, seemingly vengeful, . . .

4. We observe you characterizing a fine Christian man of doing something

100% TOTALLY OUT OF CHARACTER per his
--personality
--his entire life's work and example
--his priority DEMONSTRATED values
--his considerable published statements
--his heart
--his Biblical commitments

5. We observe you claiming this fine man did something ENTIRELY ILLOGICAL, ABSURD, IDIOTIC AND AGAINST EVERYTHING HE'S DONE AND STANDS FOR in his adult life.

6. We observe a seemingly wholesale INCAPACITY AND/OR UNWILLINGNESS to even see the abject farcical nature of your assertions.

7. We observe nothing even remotely in the ball park of the slightest evidence of any will or capacity to engage in rational meaningful true dialogue about Pat and his statement.

8. Therefore, at least some of us feel quite comfortable leaving you largely to your construction on reality comprised of one.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well, I don't understand how you can't understand after these other posters have tried and tried to tell you what was really being said. It's very clear by watching the video that you are not getting it. He has the right to be upset by the double standard. for some reason christians are treated differently than other religions. You seem to be more worried about what your gonna say to the next poster thats telling you whats going on than really listening to what they are saying. Maybe you should watch the video again?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

So you see Pat Robertson as beyond criticism?

You only succeed at convincing me even more that I am right.

You protesteth too much.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBit111

What other religions are above criticism? I think it is alright to joke about the short comings of all religions, not just Christianity. I see all religions being made fun of, and Islamic reaction to such criticism is completely wrong, and is not a example that should be used when talking about religious criticism.

My point remains the same. Violence is never an acceptable reaction against religious criticism, and even slightly suggesting or referring that it might be is unacceptable.

edit on 20-12-2011 by poet1b because: typo

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
As Jesus Moses Mohamed and Lao Tzu look at one another rolling their eyes

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

And crack a few jokes and have a few laughs.

Like the wise spirits they are.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Religious intolerance has already began through a Resolution adopted by the United Nations Human Rights Council 16/18 on March 26, 2011..

Basically the UN has outlawed speech that would portray or depict a specific Faith as being complicit in ideals formed from the beliefs...so, if a particular group or affiliate of said group, commits criminal offenses, in the name of it's belief, then the person can be convicted, but religious rule stands, and cannot be touched.

No Blasphemy allowed...

This resolution has also been adopted by the United States by revising it's codes on how Security Apparatus and personnel in the US define possible National Security threats by revising it's literature.

UN adopts resolution on religious intolerance

The article I am quoting below is from February 16, 2011...in which Director of National Intelligence James Clapper describes the evolution of Al - Qaeda, and uses proverbial language defamating Islam. This particular type of speech has been outlawed by the UN and the US, along with other Nations.

Source

During his testimony, Clapper stated that al-Qaeda’s ability to perpetrate large-scale terrorism attacks -- such as the September 11, 2001, attacks -- is weaker than it was in past years thanks to US operations stateside and abroad against Islamic extremists.

So in the near future the context of using a particular religion in defining threats has been downgraded...how is this going to help America in it's battle against individuals who use religion to wage war...looks like the cloaking device has been put on for the invisible war.

The Pope and Sunday legislation

edit on 20-12-2011 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

All religions do get made fun of but christians get the raw end of the deal. They get made fun of and they can't seem to pray, or talk about what they believe because someone always gets offended. More than other religions do. Christians seem to be getting their rights taken away to a certain extent. And i don't think violence is ok. Neither does Pat. He just says that IF it were a muslim nation people would be protesting and crapping their pants if it was their deity SNL was making fun of. THATS IT.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by superluminal11

And crack a few jokes and have a few laughs.

Like the wise spirits they are.

yep

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by BO XIAN

So you see Pat Robertson as beyond criticism?

Hmmmmmmmmm

Fascinating.

Evidently you missed my criticism of Pat above.

Those of us who believe similarly to Pat feel quite comfortable criticizing him

ABOUT FACTUAL STUFF.

NOT 100% untrue vengeful fantasies from lala land.

He CAN say some pretty goofy things on occasion. This was NOT one of those times.

You seem to miss a lot . . . in plain sight.

Try again.

Your post above was an utter inaccurate, untrue FAIL.

edit on 20/12/2011 by BO XIAN because: an addition

edit on 20/12/2011 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Oh wow,HAHA! I love they way you tell it how it is, and your pics are hilarious! I think I want you to be my friend

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I've read all the way through and did not see anyone point this out. Pat Robertson did not say "bodies in the street". The reporter added that comment and Pat repeated it.

Why aren't you saying the same things about the reporter. She was calling for bodies in the street. Was she condoning violence?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I would say Scientology gets less respect than any religion.

The thing is, your interpretation is not what Pat said.

What Pat said is easily interpreted in different ways.

There maybe some who see this as a call for violent protest, and that is bad.

Can you understand this point?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

THANKS FOR YOUR KIND WORDS.

I need all the friends I can get! LOL.

I just hate seeing folks take hits for stuff they didn't do. Particularly someone who's done so much for so many suffering people as Pat has. He's even done a LOT for Muslims in Muslim countries.

And this case is sooooooooooo obviously outrageously 100% !WRONG! I could not resist weighing in with some umph to counteract the absurdities that so abound in the OP.

Christians take enough hits that are inaccurate, unfitting etc. I think it's overdue for some of us to stand up and be counted even if they march us to the guillotines.

Certainly enough of us take hits that are warranted often enough too. That's reasonable. But when they are wholesale unwarranted as well as grossly hypocritical . . . it annoys me considerably. Does it show?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TXTriker

Sounded like it to me, and Pat seemed to go along.

Maybe Pat didn't mean what could be interpreted, and if so, considering his status, he should clear that up.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join