It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson Blasts SNL Tebow Skit: ‘There’s an Anti-Christian Bigotry‘ That’s ‘Disgustin

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

What are so angry about. Your original anger was based on an untrue statement YOU posted. So, now what is it that has you so riled up. You appear to be running in a circle. Like it says in my sig....If you find yourself in a hole...stop digging.

INDEED.

However, I'd rather you hadn't warned about the last item to stop digging.

Sometimes such a phenomenon is fun to watch.

Particularly an example as absolutely absurd as this one.

These treats come along somewhat rarely.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
i am neither a Christian follower
nor am i a Christan hater/debunker

i saw a snip of the SN L skit on CNBC Squak Box segment in the 6-7AM section

i had a hard time trying to find the skit funny or even amusing
i thought it was more a put-down on the Tebow naivete' & overboard belief & his awkward lifestyle as a result,
but even that was a stretch to be humerous...

i give the skit 0 stars

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

And he does so by bringing up an example where others use violence as a reaction, without saying that the violent reaction is wrong.

So,your problem is that he did not state what is inherently obvious, which is that violence is wrong? Maybe he just figured his audience was smart enough to know that on their own.

There was no call for violence, simply him suggesting that he personally does not understand why Christians do not get upset about their savior being made fun of.

Not understanding why people do not get upset, is not calling for violence.
edit on 20-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

reply to post by gimme_some_truth

He is trying to say that Muslims get upset when their savior is made fun of and he cannot understand why more people do not get upset when Jesus is made fun of...That is all....

And he does so by bringing up an example where others use violence as a reaction, without saying that the violent reaction is wrong.

It is too close to a call for violence IMO, and someone should stand up and say this.

Well...if that's how you feel...then by all means stand up and say it....

But, stop throwing a hissy fit because none of us will stand with you. Be a brave little fanatic, and do it all on your own.

We aren't stopping you...rant away....we just don't agree with you.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

All of Tebow's $1.62 million salary is guaranteed in 2011. He also will get a $6.28 million roster bonus 29 days after the start of the 2011 season, and he would get a one-time playing-time bonus of $1.54 million if he plays at least 45 percent of the snaps next year. So if Tebow is the starter, he would make $8.23 million next year.

I wish I were that naive.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I didn't change the title, it wasn't my choice. While the original posting was in breaking political news, from Yahoo's political news section, it was moved out of that category.

Probably no one wants to comment and question Pat's motives because of all the vitriol spat at me.

I have yet to see a legitimate reason not to call Pat's comments wrong.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

I think Pat is hostile to the true teachings of Christ. Pat is on the side of the money changers if you ask me.

ACTUALLY, QUITE FALSE AGAIN.

YET AGAIN, you couldn't be MORE WRONG.

Pat has spent WAY BEYOND the tithe of his PERSONAL FUNDS in behalf of the poor, suffering etc. around the world.

I know from loved ones who've worked around him.

The Evangelical association that examines such organizations for integrity etc. and faithfulness to their stated goals and values always gives CBN high marks.

He's of the same caliber as Franklin Graham and Samaritan's Purse.

His OPERATION BLESSING is a fantastic organization that channels 100% of the funds donated to it TO THE POOR DIRECTLY. NONE IS TAKEN OUT FOR OVERHEAD. CBN COVERS THE OVERHEAD.

Here's their website for those who wish to donate this CHRISTmas season:

community.ob.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I have yet to see a legitimate reason not to call Pat's comments wrong.

There have been plenty. You just refuse to give them any fair consideration. You are set in your opinion and apparently not really looking for any real discussion. You are coming across as, people must agree with you or they are wrong.Period the end...

Well, maybe...Just maybe... You should consider the idea, that...there is a reason you stand alone on this issue....

Again, asking why more people are not upset,is NOT calling for violence. Saying that Muslims Extremists have killed people in the past, is NOT calling for violence.

He is saying, those guys go crazy yet we don't even bat an eye. He is asking why people don't seem to be bothered. That is all.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I didn't change the title, it wasn't my choice. While the original posting was in breaking political news, from Yahoo's political news section, it was moved out of that category.

I would assume that means, someone in a higher position than you on ATS made the decision to make your title honest...good for them! The original title claiming that "Pat Robertson calls for Sharia Law" was bogus.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Well...if that's how you feel...then by all means stand up and say it....

But, stop throwing a hissy fit because none of us will stand with you. Be a brave little fanatic, and do it all on your own.

We aren't stopping you...rant away....we just don't agree with you.

ACTUALLY, ANYONE who had spent a microgram's worth of effort researching THE FACTS

would have quickly found out that Pat has devoted a LOT of his life to preventing and repairing people and communities from violence.

The whole idea that he supported violence is akin to saying that 'Mother Theresa supported and encouraged murder and rape.' What ignorance!

This will long be remembered as the most absurd thing I've seen in years even on the net.

It's a great example of how blind ignorant bias distorts facts 180 degrees out from reality.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I'm watching you people rant and throw hissy fits, and make personal attacks.

I am calmly stating my case. I have no problem with Pat condemning the script, that is his opinion, the bringing up the Muslim response to skits about Muhammad as a if it is a reasonable response is the part that bothers me.

I would like to see Pat make a clarification.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I'm watching you people rant and throw hissy fits, and make personal attacks.

I've seen no personal attacks from you or anyone else. So I am not sure what you are talking about. People stating their opinion is not an attack, just because it differs from yours.

If you feel that personal attacks have taken place, I beg you to alert each and every post that you feel is a personal attack. There is no room for such a thing on ATS, right?So,lets get rid of those posts.

I would like to see Pat make a clarification.

As for pat, if you want him to clarify, you can call into his show and write letters.

Now, I am sorry, but he was not bringing it up and suggesting it was a reasonable response. No matter how badly you want that to be the case. He was trying to understand why Christians are not upset about the skit. Nothing more. Nothing less.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

There have been plenty. You just refuse to give them any fair consideration. You are set in your opinion and apparently not really looking for any real discussion. You are coming across as, people must agree with you or they are wrong.Period the end...

Well, maybe...Just maybe... You should consider the idea, that...there is a reason you stand alone on this issue....

Do you see anything wrong with Pat being upset with the sketch and not understanding why more people are not upset? I don't. Again, asking why more people are not upset,is NOT calling for violence.

imho . . . ESSENTIALLY Pat was merely saying:

1. WHY THE DUPLICITY between how the MSM and our culture treats insults to Islam vs insults to Christianity?

2. WHY AREN'T MORE CHRISTIANS MORE ENERGIZED TO PROTEST INSULTS TO CHRISTIANITY like this? Are we wimps or what?

3. Had such a skit been shown in a Muslim country, people would have died over it. Yet Christians are quite calm--probably too calm over such an outrageous insult. We should protest vigorously against such hideousness.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I think Pat's comments were crystal clear to everyone but you.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

the bringing up the Muslim response to skits about Muhammad

as a if it is a reasonable response

is the part that bothers me.

Are you familiar with the psychological defense called

?PROJECTION?

There's absolutely NO WAY Pat had the SLIGHTEST such meaning attached to his words.

PLEASE throw away your daffynitionary and get a real dictionary.

His whole life has been invested in the opposite of violence.

Sheesh.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

I think Pat's comments were crystal clear to everyone but you.

INDEED TO THE MAX.

This absurd OP is akin to accusing Santa Claus of being Scrooge and the Friday the 13th bloke in the mask all in one. Sheesh.

Rabidly hostile unthinking rage toward another value system often results in a kind of generalized blindness about that value system.

And, sadly, it also tends to result in a gross absence of anything close to personal insight--soooo such folks are also BLIND to their BLINDNESS!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Obviously not, considering this is such a big media story.

Plenty of people have a problem with what Pat said.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Obviously not, considering this is such a big media story.

A guy on a blog and bob beckle, does not a big media story make.

I look around and I see media talking about him. But only a couple that I see, are giving any opinion at all....

Talking about the story is not the same as agreeing with Pat.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Trying to get bumped to top thread are we? I can't play any longer. I can't believe it is that you are that dense- it HAS to be trolling. Please...tell me it's trolling!!! Restore my faith in humanity!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Plenty of people have a problem with what Pat said.

PROVE IT--SHOW US.

Seems to me LOTS of people have a big problem any time Pat opens his mouth about anything because they LOATHE his Christianity.

That's the origin of the negative press he's getting on this comment.

If they are whining because of the content of his words, they are merely showing their ABJECT IGNORANCE AND BLIND IDIOTIC BIAS.

Or, perhaps they are being trotted out by the satanic globalists' MSM to turn this into yet another opportunity to throw rocks YET AGAIN

at one of Christianity's most beloved spokespersons--in spite of his flaws.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join