It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is a racist.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by Fitch303

I was just thinking the same thing! Who would take their family out to dinner in an openly racist establishment? This misconception that freedom is the ultimate threat to society really needs to stop.

Lol, you have no idea how many people where I live would. They would love that crap. They'd also love to turn a firehose on a non-white person. You just have no idea.
edit on 20-12-2011 by antonia because: rawr

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by Rockpuck

You can make that out to being "racist" I suppose .. but it's more about Freedom, something you wouldn't understand since you seem to think we all need laws to force us to like each other.
Quote of the day right here. You either embrace the philosophy of freedom, which our country was founded on, or you highlight how crazy you think it is that people would actually be allowed to be responsible for themselves.

I second- and move to include your comment as an addendum to the aforementioned Quote of the Day.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I dont support Ron Paul or the system at all but he seems like a nice guy with good values.

Now as for the picture, who cares who he takes pictures with. Maybe he didn't know they were from Stormfront OR maybe he did know they were from Stormfront and unlike many people including the OP, he did some research and discovered that most of the Stormfront members are a very intellectual and well read bunch.

Just because TV shows you these Stormfront people as a wild bunch of hooligans, does not mean they are like that at all.
Most of them have very solid family values, are VERY patriotic, and happen to be proud of their race.
Being proud of your race is not racist, in fact its the opposite.

I was a Stormfront member, does that mean that anyone that talks to me or takes a picture with me is a racist?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Make a thread, and I will address the issue there. Off Topic here.
Thanks.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
All this time in office and no report of a racist statement coming out of his mouth. Sorry, I'm from the show-me state and I need a little more proof.

I would not assume racist motivation on how he votes a particular issue either.

I didn't vote for Obama, am I a racist, too?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Lol, you have no idea how many people where I live would. They would love that crap.
Well unfortunately with freedom of choice comes the freedom to be a racist idiot. If people want to live their lives with that sort of tribal ignorance, they have that choice. I say let those retarded racist savages isolate themselves from society, we'd be better off without them

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
I was on the fence but after this thread I'll def vote for him.

Essentially he was saying business owners can choose to not serve people based on race but guess what, that business won't be operating for more than a month because people will boycott it. I agree with his stance.

This reminds me of a local bowling ally that was having some problems with young Russian kids .. so the owner put signs up that said Russian were no longer permitted on the property, and turned away any Russian "sounding" person that came to the doors. They then got sued by some Ukrainians because they too were rejected, the owner stating "they sounded Russian to me" then said it didn't matter, Ukrainians were not permitted to bowl there. Well it came down to it was their right. Case never even went to trial.

In another case a local coffee shop refuses to serve police officers in uniform .. their position is clear that if they come out of uniform they get served, in uniform they get no coffee. People were outraged and boycotted the place but in the end it was legal, within their rights, the cops even said so.

Moral of the story: Segregating your business is dumb and irrational the majority of the time. But it's your business, you should have the right to hire, fire, serve and trade with anyone you want to. The ironic thing about laws like Affirmative Action that requires me to have a certain number of African, Asian etc employees is that it's incredibly racist towards Whites. As with the plethora of grants, aid, scholarships etc etc to minorities. But I digress. It's about personal choice and responsibility.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I say let those retarded racist savages isolate themselves from society, we'd be better off without them

Ain't that the truth! And we'd know exactly where they congregate so we wouldn't have to be bothered with them

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Perhaps Paul should have Farrakhan as a running mate? Would that dispel the rumors?

Maybe Chapelle would be a better running mate?

edit on 20-12-2011 by SurrealisticPillow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

I didn't vote for Obama, am I a racist, too?

You're the Grand Dragon Wizard of the KKK.

on topic:
I find it hilarious that despite decrying all of the "racist fear propaganda" that surrounded Obama (and how all of it turned out to be so true and there were race wars in the streets), that this stupid bull# continues. Trying to play 6 degrees of separation with racist Kevin Bacon is just stupid regardless of who you do it with.

Stick to the issues and what they mean for this country or get your self out of politics.
edit on 12/20/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NoNameBrand

Yea what i've noticed is a bunch of new members twisting things to make Ron look like a bad man, or a racist.

We support our Ron Paul, because we know he's the only serious candidate.

You twist one way, we twist another, except our way is called "support". You know, like supporting a candidate? that's how you get attention for him.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I flagged this thread, but not because I agree with it. I think people need to look at this as an example of how not to attempt a thread without proper research.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One
Clearly starting a thread on here against Ron Paul wasn't a good idea

The 1984 bill eliminates any say of the federal government on whether or not the school is allowed can be segregated. So his bill gives the school the power to make itself a segregated school.

He may be a constitutionalist but to regard the civil rights act of 1964 as doing nothing is foolish. The only reason I can imagine him having all these links plus thinking that, is that he cares not for minorities.

The picture was a bit fickle granted but personally, by my view, it all still stands.

There are many other reasons I don't like Ron Paul to be fair. Clearly I read into this much differently due to my already dislike of the man.

The race issue is, with Dr. Paul, honestly a non-starter. The argument exists because of a few very stupid details, sadly, but it doesn't hold up in light of the man or his policies.

If you'd care to let us know what the other issues you have with Paul are, I'd gladly discuss them maturely. Despite the fact that I greatly like Paul, this isn't about the man - it's all about where our nation is at right now and what are the best steps to take...and when Paul has shown himself to be quite prescient on these issues and called them all years before they became obvious (and the "experts" were telling us everything was fine...oops!), I'm very inclined to give him a fair hearing - he warned us about our fiscal policies (and called the collapse in at least 2003), he warned us about our foreign policy (and called the upcoming terrorist attacks in at least 1999), and so on...he simply knows what he's about, as he's a student of history. And he truly understands, as far as I can tell, the proper role and limits on our government.

Take care.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This notion is already discussed and dispelled in this thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I'll perhaps start a thread tomorrow on the other reasons why I dislike his policies. Admittedly though, he is probably the best candidate (which in my mind is sad).

Admittedly there aren't many sources on whether he's a racist, but what I found I think the links are too suspicious in my eyes. Clearly not in the eyes of everyone else.

The only thing I actually like about him is his willingness to pull the troops out and stop US imperialism for the time being.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

Tell ya what, how about you let Ron Paul defend himself on those baseless accusations? In this thread that I just made, there's an interview in which the question of him being racist is brought up. It's at 6:00 in.

edit on 20-12-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

The only thing I actually like about him is his willingness to pull the troops out and stop US imperialism for the time being.

Which you know, outside the power of Veto thats all the POTUS has the power to do by himself.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One
reply to post by Praetorius

I'll perhaps start a thread tomorrow on the other reasons why I dislike his policies. Admittedly though, he is probably the best candidate (which in my mind is sad).

Admittedly there aren't many sources on whether he's a racist, but what I found I think the links are too suspicious in my eyes. Clearly not in the eyes of everyone else.

I'd look forward to the thread, and just suggest you wear your thick skin during & afterwards
I can definitely understand the suspicion given how popular these hinting links are to bring up at fortuitous times, but they really don't bear out. Enough said on that for now, though...probably a lot of good info on this thread for you to check into about it.

I have to admit to getting a kick out of the various party dislikes of Paul - typically, the republicans think he's right about everything else but insane when comes to foreign & drug policy (among a few others), and the democrats think he's right about everyone else but insane about when it comes to entitlements and social spending (among a few others). Come on, guys, Paul's right about it all and just leaving off what both parties are otherwise wrong about!

edit on 12/20/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So, how far are some of you willing to take basing everything on property rights?

To what extreme do you see fitting?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Most conservatives are racists, regardless if they admit it or not, so why should ron paul be any different?

He is also for privitisation of most government sectors as are the republicans. Hence he is running on their ticket!

Small government---check!, A big point of contention though in relation to mainstream republicans is: stay out of foreign affairs unless absolutely necessary. And lets audit the fed and replace it with competing private currencies.

Honestly I think he is controlled opposition for the right, as being left in america is borderline criminal. The democrats are center-left and everyone else is way right. Corporations run the show. Always had and always will. That is the big conspiracy no one will touch!

It is kind of odd no one knows about spusa and cpusa. Must be an anathema for those that want to implement tyranny and hence kept secret! I don't know what else to say..........

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join