It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama *to Sign* NDAA Martial Law

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

RT has been documenting it.
RT=Russian Times..

got a better sugestion and even a link would be better ..

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PapaKrok

not fear , but the way it could be used ie

The use of "belligerents" denotes that this is a military document.
"An unlawful combatant or unprivileged combatant/belligerent is a civilian who directly engages in armed conflict in violation of the laws of war. An unlawful combatant may be detained or prosecuted under the domestic law of the detaining state for such action."
yea so what is the big deal? The big deal is, if you want to protest you can not , if you want to go on strike you can not., "OH BS" not so for it is... by your own words

As I see it, The executive Branch is authorized to detain, until the deemed end of a conflict, enemy combatants and belligerents (by definition "civilians" that meet the Executives definition of "supporting terrorism or causing "damage" to property or people, which has just been defined further as "effecting the ability to go to work or make money") which power is given to the Executive Branch in times of War and NATIONAL EMERGENCIES to be reviewed within 90 days of enactment.
so there you have it. This law out laws protesting going on strike or any thing that would interfere with "effecting the ability to go to work or make money" or would... by act... give aid to the enemy, making, and or listing you as an "enemy combatant"

edit on 20-12-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
does it really matter that Obama even signs it..

since Senate as already approved it.. does it really even matter .. ?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
It doesn't make sense to me. All Obama had left was his base, and he just alienated every single one of them. If he'd wanted the bill to pass, he could have vetoed it and then had the House and Senate pass it again - God knows they had enough votes. What did he have to gain by signing it? Not looking "weak"? Well now he looks like a flip-flopping loser. He's alienated the entire country at this point, the far right and the far left and everyone else in between. I just simply don't understand what he was thinking by signing the bill.

Goodbye Obama, good luck getting re-elected now that your entire base hates you...

He NOW looks like a flip-flopping loser?

He crossed that line a long time ago. He is a president who has no respect for his promises to the public! Hopefully this last straw will wake up enough people that would otherwise have voted from Obama and he will not be re-elected. We can only hope that his replacement will not be as bad or worse than he is/was.
edit on 12/20/2011 by dubiousone because: Spelling correction.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

yes it is required that he signs it or veto's it , if he veto's it, it becomes law by the at of Congruential over ride, if he signs it it become law, it is just a formality, legal one but it is what is... all for show.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

are you sure there will be an election? this becomes law what does that do?you do know the laws become null and void, and that Obama could by the act stay POTUS.

edit on 20-12-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by Komodo

yes it is required that he signs it or veto's it , if he veto's it, it becomes law by the at of Congruential over ride, if he signs it it become law, it is just a formality, legal one but it is what is... all for show.

well.. if the senate already put if forth .

we have our answer ..

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

not fear , but the way it could be used ie

The use of "belligerents" denotes that this is a military document.
"An unlawful combatant or unprivileged combatant/belligerent is a civilian who directly engages in armed conflict in violation of the laws of war. An unlawful combatant may be detained or prosecuted under the domestic law of the detaining state for such action."
yea so what is the big deal? The big deal is, if you want to protest you can not , if you want to go on strike you can not., "OH BS" not so for it is... by your own words

As I see it, The executive Branch is authorized to detain, until the deemed end of a conflict, enemy combatants and belligerents (by definition "civilians" that meet the Executives definition of "supporting terrorism or causing "damage" to property or people, which has just been defined further as "effecting the ability to go to work or make money") which power is given to the Executive Branch in times of War and NATIONAL EMERGENCIES to be reviewed within 90 days of enactment.
so there you have it. This law out laws protesting going on strike or any thing that would interfere with "effecting the ability to go to work or make money" or would... by act... give aid to the enemy, making, and or listing you as an "enemy combatant"

Were actually on the same side here. I am in support of the idea that Martial Law will be declared by Obama's pen in the next day or so and I am asking those that deny this fact to examine this denial based on their fear of it actually happening. Awakening happens in phases, first you ignore, then you deny, then you ridicule, then you examine and accept it...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

reply to post by dubiousone

are you sure there will be an election? this becomes law what does that do?you do know the laws become null and void, and that Obama could by the act stay POTUS.

edit on 20-12-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

exactally !!!

2nd to be sure..

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Things I believe everyone should have plenty of: Food and Water, Guns and Ammunition, Knives and Swords Well Sharpened, Tool Set, Lighters and Matches, Fire Starter Logs, Lighter Fluid, Hydrogen Peroxide, Rubbing Alcohol, Flash Lights and Batteries, Short Wave Radios, Warm Clothes, Gas Masks, As Much Medicine As Possible, Road Flares, Rope, Pens and Paper, Anything That Could Be Substituted As Currency Like Tabacco Products and Even Marijuana seeds. No I'm not some pothead. Think about it; hemp can be used to make paper, cloth, rope and if its your thing, smoke. I think marijuana seeds will be quite valuable in a post apocalyptic scenario. If you think there is something of importance that I left out post it. Please help our unprepared brothers and sisters plan to survive what's coming.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleDNH

How many times do I have to repeat this....Obama wants that wording removed...he won't sign it unless citizens are included. Argh!!!!

I know there are some people who still don't want to see the truth but this Pres of ours is BAD. Whether it's him or puppetmasters doesn't really matter....that it IS happening is what matters.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is something you would expect from a right wing dictatorship in some third world #hole like honduras or nicaragua, but to see it come in light in america is tragic. This whole "war on terror" nonsense is becoming a nightmare with no good reason behind it.

If anything it seems like a generic excuse to go after OWS protesters and later on when the economy completely tanks they gonna round up all the loud mouths indefinitely in some undisclosed fema camp. I heard they have UN troops here for quite some time and fema has been suspected of buying lots and lots of caskets.

Is this some new holocaust deal with gestapo rounding up people and telling them "it is for your own safety and comfort"? Lets hope for the best and prepare for the worst, as I am certain the nwo has been building up on this one world government scheme for some time now. All it takes is for the right crisis to trigger martial law.

By comparison, the indefinite detention of suspected alqueda operatives in guantanamo bay cuba seemed lame. They "only" sleep deprived and waterbarded them. For americans it might be way worse!
edit on 12/20/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

just had to see for my self, that yes we see the same thing, know the same thing and agree it is the same thing, now what to do about it? Talk all you want but, how to stop it from becoming what it could become, that is the real task.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CORN IS NUTS
reply to post by daddio

Wow! That is all I can say Wow; the 1st link makes so much sense!

And as stated in the paper; It is not easy (to reclaim your state citizenship). Although I for one am going to start the process. The overlying issue is; do I have time to complete it before it is too late?

We shall see.......

You have all the time in the world, glad to see at least ONE human being can read and understand something, now how about the other members here?

People say they want to wake up, and tell people to wake up, provide links to help people wake up and then we shall all get ont he same page and say NO to government/corporation BS statutes and code, DOE NOT APPLY TO HUMANS!!! ONLY to corporate employees!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Why don't you do as the other member did and READ the DAMN links I provided. GOVERNMENT CAN NOT legislate TO...GOT THAT? They CAN NOT legislate TO the people, ONLY FOR THE PEOPLE.

The Constitution means NOTHING to HUMAN BEINGS, we are endowed by OUR creator...NOT by the government. The Bill of Rights MEANS NOTHING as you have naturally born rights. The Civil Rights movement was a joke to get all the rest of the idiots "employed" or brought under the federal laws.

How dumb has this world become. I think I need to leave it behind.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddio

Why don't you do as the other member did and READ the DAMN links I provided. GOVERNMENT CAN NOT legislate TO...GOT THAT? They CAN NOT legislate TO the people, ONLY FOR THE PEOPLE.

The Constitution means NOTHING to HUMAN BEINGS, we are endowed by OUR creator...NOT by the government. The Bill of Rights MEANS NOTHING as you have naturally born rights. The Civil Rights movement was a joke to get all the rest of the idiots "employed" or brought under the federal laws.

How dumb has this world become. I think I need to leave it behind.

You have been here a while and done all the research and thus understand facts from fiction. Others have not so cut them some slack. We are all at different levels of the learning curve since schools keep the good stuff secret.

I know the constitution has been substituted with a corporate charter with the Act of 1871 and the formation of the District of Columbia. The title has been block capitalised and "for the" has been substituted with "of the". Normally I would disagree with you in that statue laws are important and should be respected under god given rights, but then again we are not dealing with the original constitution.

The pathetic thing is that those who support a fundamentalist approach to "the constitution" are inadvertantly supporting tyranny. I remember protoplasmic's epic thread abou "All Roads Lead To Rome And The Vatican".

edit on 12/20/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

For a couple of reasons it makes perfect sense. He said what he was going to do back in 2008. He said he was going to "Fundamentaly Transform America", well here it is.
Now don't get me wrong, I am not for Obama at all, that being said...
Obama can't loose this election for three reasons.
Over 45 percent of the country do not pay taxes (base one).
There are more food stamp recipients than ever before (base two).
The unemployed on extended unemployments benifits beyond the usual 29 weeks (up to 99 weeks, base three).
There isn't a candidate out there that can beat him.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Respect given, BUT, read Founding Fathers and Secret Societies, the Constitution WAS and IS a corporate contract from the get go. The Founding Fathers DI NOT trust each other. The bill of rights was drafted because James Madison and Thomas Jefferson and a few others DIDN'T trust the framers of the Constitution. The Declaration of Independence is what WE as PEOPLE claim to protect our rights. ANYONE using the Federal Code or State statutes is admitting to being UNDER government control. An employee of the corporation/state.

THAT is why you pay state and federal income taxes, you ARE a slave and they are just pacifying us for now. But we must take the steps laid out by so many to set the record straight!! Your opinion DOES matter and the sooner we get on the same page of comprehension the better.

NEVER understand ANYTHING.....that means you STAND UNDER it!!! I comprehend what you are saying but i will never stand under you, or understand you. Simple play with words means so much!!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
According to the House Armed Services Committee website and NDAA 2012 HAS NOT been passed it is still being argued. Why don't you try doing a little fact checking before you spout this gargbage?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by WilliamTheRed
According to the House Armed Services Committee website and NDAA 2012 HAS NOT been passed it is still being argued. Why don't you try doing a little fact checking before you spout this gargbage?

The Senate and House have passed a final version and the POTUS is waiting to sign it.

There is a question of whether the POTUS must sign to become law.

With the high percentage of Senate yes votes, it might be "legal" anyway.
The veto is in question.

The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2012 is a controversial bill that has been passed by both houses of Congress separately, and a final version approved by the Senate on December 15, 2011.[1][2][3] Though the White House[4] and Senate sponsors[5] maintain that the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists (AUMF) already grants presidential authority for indefinite detention, the Act legislatively codifies[6] the President's authority to indefinitely detain terrorism suspects, including American citizens, without trial as defined in Title X, Subtitle D, SEC 1031(a-e) of the bill.[7] Because those who may be held indefinitely include U.S. citizens arrested on American soil, and because that detention may be by the military, the Act has received critical attention by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and media sources.

National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join